Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
This is why the true devotee enjoys Explosions and Fire more than NR. No one is buying a five grand candy roller in that shed. At best he’s gonna try and make one out of a lawn mower or some poo poo while screaming about things turning yellow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yet my favorite Explosions and Fire is when they taste the salts :3:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Loomer posted:

This is why the true devotee enjoys Explosions and Fire more than NR. No one is buying a five grand candy roller in that shed. At best he’s gonna try and make one out of a lawn mower or some poo poo while screaming about things turning yellow.

:amen:

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
My favorite is where he draws up the molecules of each step of his proposed synthesis, and circles which atoms come from the pool supply store.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sz4d7RQB6Y&t=120s

Groda has a new favorite as of 19:15 on Mar 21, 2024

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Groda posted:

My favorite is where he draws up the molecules of each step of his proposed synthesis, and circles which atoms come from the pool supply store.

lmao

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Platystemon posted:

lmao that he’s having trouble with a layer of aluminum oxide on his purple gold, so he sands it… with aluminum oxide abrasives.
I think what was happening there was that abrading it ruined the crystal structure that gives it its color. It wasn't an oxide coating anyway.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Groda posted:

And its all of them in the end product except 4 nitrogens
which he got from sodium nitrite.

This is all to make that one Klaptoke special super explosive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sz4d7RQB6Y

VV: The one that reportedly exploded in the spectrometer.
however E&F managed to get honking big crystals of it and it managed to scratch them off matchsticks without it exploding.
Hell he managed to heat it to melting point and thermal decomp before detonation.

He makes a point that if an explosive is even the slightest bit nasty to handle people will just not bother with it. Which is why stabilized RDX and others like it are used because you can literally burn them and they wont explode, soldiers in vietnam used C4 as firewood. caveat being it not being in a closed container like a shell and no sensitizers like errant metal ions

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 22:45 on Mar 21, 2024

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And its all of them in the end product except 4 nitrogens
which he got from sodium nitrite.

This is all to make that one Klaptoke special super explosive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sz4d7RQB6Y

The one that ruined several spectrometers and explodes if you look at it funny, or the one that ruined several spectrometers and only blows up when you heat it slightly above room temperature on a chilly day?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
this nucleophile came from a I Am Jack's Filthy Pool and the solvent for the organic phase, well that's from Home Depot, and we'll be burning that off in a dorm room electric kettle later. ONE WITH A LOW SETTING AND BY AN OPEN WINDOW.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
What kind of gourmet kettle has power settings?

Best I can do is plug it into a triac. Final offer.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
you ride the on off switch to get a solvent to gently boil off and hopefully don't reach the ignition temperature. It's not like it's fluorine. Come oooooonnnnnn.

You won't actually be ingesting or inhaling acetone or turpentine or lighter fluid if you do it right. And you don't have to use toluene unless you really want to have fun.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
you can use a ziploc bag as a single-use separatory funnel, just carefully snip off the corner when you're ready to drain it and maybe before you start confirm whatever you are putting inside it doesn't dissolve that particular plastic.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Elviscat posted:

There's precious little information on it on the internet, which is very sad.

The entire GA experiment is loving nuts, literally irradiating things just to see what would happen.
I know a fair amount about it, so ask away.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Cranappleberry posted:

you can use a ziploc bag as a single-use separatory funnel, just carefully snip off the corner when you're ready to drain it and maybe before you start confirm whatever you are putting inside it doesn't dissolve that particular plastic.

Did you learn this through DIY meth?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustached Demon posted:

Did you learn this through DIY meth?

Reminds me of that time Scientific American published an article on a joke paper from someone that said we should alleviate the Sudafed shortage by buying meth, and running the process backwards to get pure sudafed out of it. The” paper” they quoted was snarky as all hell, too.

quote:

While N-methylamphetamine itself is a powerful decongestant, it is less desirable in a medical setting because of its severe side effects and addictive properties. Such side effects may include insomnia, agitation, irritability, dry mouth, sweating, and heart palpitations. Other side effects may include violent urges or, similarly, the urge to be successful in business or finance.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/observations/better-living-through-chemistry-making-sudafed-from-meth/

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
glassware is more immediately expensive, less readily available, you have to clean it and it sometimes raises questions. Plastic with chemical residue goes right into the nearest body of water or trash and then into the nearest body of water.

I think I'm channeling the guide to making "agent lemon" or extracted DXM citrate

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Cranappleberry posted:

glassware is more immediately expensive, less readily available, you have to clean it and it sometimes raises questions. Plastic with chemical residue goes right into the nearest body of water or trash and then into the nearest body of water.

I think I'm channeling the guide to making "agent lemon" or extracted DXM citrate

Your post gave me an instant flood of nausea. Thank god you could just order the pure stuff.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cranappleberry posted:

hey um would DXM citrate have similar emulsifying properties to sodium citrate?

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

FFT posted:

hey um would DXM citrate have similar emulsifying properties to sodium citrate?

Fondue night just got a whole lot more interesting!

ComradePyro
Oct 6, 2009

Cranappleberry posted:

Might've been for pulling the dxm polistirex out of delsym. I always thought the suggestion of filling a milk jug with water, letting it settle out into that, and poking a hole in the side a bit above the level of the beads to let the water drain was clever. To get the last bit out, you just cut closer to the bead-line.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

ComradePyro posted:

Might've been for pulling the dxm polistirex out of delsym. I always thought the suggestion of filling a milk jug with water, letting it settle out into that, and poking a hole in the side a bit above the level of the beads to let the water drain was clever. To get the last bit out, you just cut closer to the bead-line.

No it was for non-ER DXM stuff and it was terrible:

https://erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/faq/dxm_chemistry.shtml

Scroll down to "11.1.3 Agent Lemon: Dual-Phase Acid-Base Extraction of DXM"

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Some youtuber has done a video on the total synthesis of cocaine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xoPNlV3_LA
we'll see how it lasts lol

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf
I saw it and was not comfortable with that click.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Why? The knowledge itself isn't illegal

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

I can’t wait for cocaine snobs to start arguing about the qualities of synthetic cocaine vs artisanal cocaine produced by Andean peasants.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The same channel has synthesis for LSD and MDMA as well, but using controlled and commercially available precursors.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I'm from Oregon and visited Texas back in 2008 and everyone seemed to think I came from a land of weed of mythical quality. Everyone kept asking if I "got that hydro up there." Maybe I was just spoiled, but it was just weed. It's 500% better today and it's still just weed. I wonder what Texans smoked in 2008.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

credburn posted:

I wonder what Texans smoked in 2008.

I can answer that and it was absolute garbage ditch weed.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

credburn posted:

I'm from Oregon and visited Texas back in 2008 and everyone seemed to think I came from a land of weed of mythical quality. Everyone kept asking if I "got that hydro up there." Maybe I was just spoiled, but it was just weed. It's 500% better today and it's still just weed. I wonder what Texans smoked in 2008.

They got high off burning plastics.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Watched that out of curiosity. It's not really a "How to" like an explosions & fire, or Nile Red, where they show the steps and how he did it. It's basically a very dry explanation on the steps used by the first person to synthesize it. Things like, then he used HBr to bromate this carbon, the used this to do a backside attack to attach the carboxylic acid....

No conditions stated, no amounts, unless you already have pretty advanced organic chem synthesis experience, it's not really of any use to a home brewer. It's not a recipe at all, and it looks really, really complicated with dozens of steps. He also basically states, "Yield? Lol!"

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

MrUnderbridge posted:

He also basically states, "Yield? Lol!"

"A DEA agent could probably find enough traces of cocaine here to cause me problems, but if I put it up my nose the only thing I'd end up with is a nosebleed."

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
you can look up the syntheses and read the papers yourselves. They aren't classified or anything. None of them are economical. Now if you were manufacturing MDMA or LSD or their analogues or even making their precursors at scale, then, yeah, start to worry.

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

when I lived in san antonio I could never tell if someone was smoking in my apartment building or just ran over a skunk but I don't know what that says about quality

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

pygmy tyrant posted:

when I lived in san antonio I could never tell if someone was smoking in my apartment building or just ran over a skunk but I don't know what that says about quality

My biggest issue with San Antonio was Texans constantly playing the unofficial Texas State Anthem of redlining their engines, popping their exhausts, and doing burnouts on every green light downtown at all hours of the night.

Nothing earplugs and a white noise machine couldn't solve, though. :shrug:

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

pygmy tyrant posted:

It does seem like weed breeders and consumers have come to the conclusion that "lots of terpenes = better weed".

I've had examples of low terpene weed that was super strong and really stinky stuff that was meh.

Somebody needs to breed a very low terpene, high delta 9 variety for those who don't want to reek after a smoke.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

MrUnderbridge posted:

It does seem like weed breeders and consumers have come to the conclusion that "lots of terpenes = better weed".

I've had examples of low terpene weed that was super strong and really stinky stuff that was meh.

Somebody needs to breed a very low terpene, high delta 9 variety for those who don't want to reek after a smoke.

I feel like terpenes in weed have become a race to the bottom like IPA's did for hoppy beer. It's even worse with the vape carts cause then these idiots making the blends can really shine.

Yes, terpenes are important and do influence the high to some extent, but gently caress you for making me smoke an entire loving pine tree.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Whenever I go to the dispensary, there is one person who works there who I try to avoid because she insists I smell what I'm about to buy. Yeah, it smells gross, I get it. I guess that appeals to some people. I tell you, the thing I enjoy the least about weed is the smell. No I actually don't want to huff a bag of dank sticky icky skunk nugz

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I love how weed smells but I don't personally want to smell like weed.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

credburn posted:

Whenever I go to the dispensary, there is one person who works there who I try to avoid because she insists I smell what I'm about to buy. Yeah, it smells gross, I get it. I guess that appeals to some people. I tell you, the thing I enjoy the least about weed is the smell. No I actually don't want to huff a bag of dank sticky icky skunk nugz

Claim to have lost your sense of smell in a rugby accident or to long COVID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

my sense of smell was shot off in iraq