Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

Uh, that barely looks like Miguel's suit to me..?

It's not very good, something is very off.

It looks like a KO who tried to do a version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

The Last Call posted:

It's not very good, something is very off.

It looks like a KO who tried to do a version.

Then again, there are a whole bunch of folks in the comments happy someone finally got the intended look right, who knew?

Dunno, even if that is the case, I feel like it needs more texture to it or something, just feels super plain and flat, like something's missing.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Sentinel Red posted:

Uh, that barely looks like Miguel's suit to me..?

What am I missing?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's so small. Where's the beef?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s the comics version, not the ATSV Miguel.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Oh hell yeah, been waiting for these so I can redo some of my X shelves. Somebody please for the love of god buy the Wolverines from me, I don't want them.

Also got 2B the other day. Didn't know 9S was also out, gotta pick him up too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is that the Figuarts or the Buzzmod? They both came out at the same time it seems.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Aphrodite posted:

Is that the Figuarts or the Buzzmod? They both came out at the same time it seems.

Figuarts, and I didn't realize 9S came out at the same time too.. ordering him from Amiami now.

e: everybody go play Nier Automata god dammit

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Hot drat! I love the comic suit.

:eng101: He was not a big beefy dude until ATSV and didn't have a nanotech suit until the 2015 run (which is the white suit).

Anyway, this one will fit right in on the Miguel shelf. Miguelf. (The Hot Toys one is not usually on this shelf but, you know, for completionist sake.)

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 22, 2024

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Wait, yall thought that was movie Miguel?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No but he still needs more beef.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Sentinel Red posted:

Then again, there are a whole bunch of folks in the comments happy someone finally got the intended look right, who knew?

Dunno, even if that is the case, I feel like it needs more texture to it or something, just feels super plain and flat, like something's missing.

People will like what they like and if they like him. More power to them!

I agree with you, he looks too smooth.

Like a human body outline with the spider symbol put on him.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

It’s the comics version, not the ATSV Miguel.

Exactly, and it’s dead on. I love it.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Oh no, I wasn't expecting the Spider-Verse look, just don't think it really pops the way I remember the comic one doing so. But the other figures in the nice wee display up there would seem to back up that this is relatively on point.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Today’s BBTS daily deal that I jumped on was Mega Construx She-Ra vs Hordak for $18. One of the few versions of She-Ra I don’t have already.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Big Boa, Quick Kick, Airborne, Techno-Viper and Metal Head are all on the way.

Oddly enough it seems not all the missiles fit in Metal Heads launcher and require the launch effect.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got Marvel Legends Hallow’s Eve in the mail from Pulse yesterday, she looks pretty cool!

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I got some new Last Ronin dudes over the past couple days.

Pin cushion Raph

Leo

Splinter

And Casey

My Wal-Torr from the Horseman sale last month arrived as well. Worth the wait.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My Retro Duke was delivered tonight. It's a simple figure, but I never liked the original Classified Duke enough to get it, and I still think this version is an improvement.

The face sculpt is good, and I don't care that Duke looks young -- he's not supposed to be as old and grizzled as Hawk or Stalker. He looks cooler with the helmet on and visor down than I expected.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Over in the retro gaming forum people have been ordering stuff from a Japanese used goods site with occasional free shipping weekends. I succumbed to peer pressure and got a few things for just $2-$4 each, some of which are relevant to this thread:

The Alien guys are mini-figures from Takara Tomy. They even came with a Xenomorph egg with a closed and open top you can swap out. Kirby should not be allowed to have a gun, but I won't be the one to tell him that.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
Man I remember whaling on that metal slime over and over again.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh that's a very dangerous website

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Dang, the last two EMS orders I received just straight up had large holes punched in the side of the box. Minimal damage to the packaging of what was inside, but sheesh.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to sell all these. Mostly maybe at once. But I guess individual for certain ones. But no idea what they’re worth.

They have all their accessories they’re just in a box, laughing, out of frame

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

that classified storm shadow is a dead on perfect base for a custom I want to do.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

I want to sell all these. Mostly maybe at once. But I guess individual for certain ones. But no idea what they’re worth.

They have all their accessories they’re just in a box, laughing, out of frame

I would be interested in P.D. Destro, Zartan and Cover Girl at least. Could you do $60 shipped for the 3? This is reasonably consistent with loose pricing on eBay at the moment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That’s pretty good, I can do that! I don’t have a car so I can ship these Tuesday. Pm me for more details or I can email you if you don’t have the pms

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
God dammit Joe, those last ronin figs look great. I only wanted Donnie and splinter but I know I'm going to be in for the whole family.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
There are many reasons to appreciate Bandai's Star Wars line but one that doesn't get enough love is the perfectly sized packaging. The Luke and Obi-Wan reissues just turned up and they're in these lovely, compact, space-saving boxes that put literally everyone else to shame.

Anyway, their AHN Luke is the perfect farmboy goober, it's won me over on a look I honestly never liked much (Bespin Luke was always my A #1). Tempted to try and find one of those Black Series Landspeeder sets with the dumb hat and poncho now.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Kingtheninja posted:

God dammit Joe, those last ronin figs look great. I only wanted Donnie and splinter but I know I'm going to be in for the whole family.

Do it. They're so good. Probably the best TMNT line coming out right now.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
In a WTF they're bringing it back again, for a third time no less. Hasbro Pulse is going to provide customers two more chances to do a self character:

GIJ SELFIE SERIES COBRA OFFICER
GIJ SELFIE SERIES STORM SHADOW

Third time's the charm?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Finally, a Storm Shadow that will look like me, Andrew Koji.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

If anybody used surethingtoys.com, they appear to have deleted their website and Facebook page and their Instagram is full of comments from people with prepaid unfulfilled orders.

They’ve always been slow but reliable, and it’s sadly just more reason to be wary of prepaying for anything from a retailer, you can never tell when somebody’s circumstances will change and they decide to take that money and run.

The Last Call posted:

In a WTF they're bringing it back again, for a third time no less. Hasbro Pulse is going to provide customers two more chances to do a self character:

Third time's the charm?

Hopefully they took the time off to fine tune the facial printing. It always looked close when I’d scan myself but never enough to drop $60.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

Third time's the charm?

Characters who are always masked. Great choices.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I got my Figuarts 2B, but I also have the Buzzmod one due Friday so I'm going to just leave it in the box to put them side by side like a Youtube weirdo.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
People getting their retro Dukes, Recondo's and some with a Scarlet or two.

Lots of happy people.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

People getting their retro Dukes, Recondo's and some with a Scarlet or two.

Lots of happy people.

Duke should be here tomorrow from Amazon. The Pulse order is FedEx and it says it is going to be here Wednesday, so likely Friday.

Waiting on Scarlet and Action Soldier from this batch to ship.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

CelticPredator posted:

That’s pretty good, I can do that! I don’t have a car so I can ship these Tuesday. Pm me for more details or I can email you if you don’t have the pms

Sorry I have been slow to respond, currently traveling. You can PM me payment info and I’ll reply tonight with my address.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Last Call posted:

Third time's the charm?

Does anybody have a 3D scan of Colin Mochrie I could borrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The SELFIE listings for the Cobra Officer and Storm Shadow, people have determined were originally listed a year ago and were part of the cancelled stuff. Someone must have come across them lately and didn't know, belieiving them to be new. Again, they are part of the cancelled line and not coming.

Meanwhile some of the first waves for 2025 have been determined:

For those who want the Cobra Ferret, the ATV vehicle be aware it appears to be another Pulse exclusive at some point this year. Seen a lot of people upset they didn't order the Vamp and can't get it. Might want to keep that thought in mind as the vehicles appears to be quite the sellers and not easily got once gone.

The next Joe HASLAB is expected late June once the next Star Wars Haslab finishes. That should pop around May 4th.

In another matter we still got no news on a hooded Cobra Commander, he has however started showing up in the ARAH comic wearing a blue balaclava with a cobra symbol. I expect we'll see this show up eventually, why do I say this? Because the same time this started we saw the Ferret show up in an issue, only it was the Classified version, not the OG version with the cannon connecting to the front and back as it use to be. The classified version in the comic was shown before the official Classified version render.