Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

i say we bring in the surveyors, drones, and even a make a local coordinate system for each field. we can use lidar to properly capture the dynamic terrain as impacts and collisions alter the surface. yes, this means microchips in the ball. we have the technology. it will be slowgoing at first but over time, with any luck, it will still be slow. it's exactly what football needs.

e: with all this behind us, we can turn around a down per day. think of how much football we'll get all year!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

you just put sensors in all the player's knee, elbow, and butt pads so that upon contact with the turf with a mesh of sensors underneath the field it will know the exact moment a player is down, then you can use the ball sensor to see exactly where it is at that time, duh

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

sharknado slashfic posted:

According to reddit (lol) teams have to bid for the rights to the other countries which explains why some are missing. Also it appears that the Browns keep making odd financial decisions.

So teams are basically paying money to say, "All people in this country are our fans!" Glad my team didn't bother with this poo poo then.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Chargers spend all that time and effort animeing up their fanbase and they don't even get a piece of Japan? C'mon.

Speaking of, I wonder what the Chargers will do for their schedule release this year. It can't be anime 3 years in a row can it?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

a neat cape posted:

Speaking of, I wonder what the Chargers will do for their schedule release this year. It can't be anime 3 years in a row can it?

it will be an epic Dune reference

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would have thought SEA and SF would have gone after the countries in Asia also, not just LAR.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Giving Nigeria the Browns looks like some complex long form slur.

Njoku is a tribal chief in Nigeria.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^ ok that's one question answered

Someone is gonna have to explain the Eagles and Ghana to me

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Yes, yes it can. There are more anime they can reference.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow

Pontius Pilate posted:

My husband is from Philly and half-kiwi and is currently over there, so you can thank him, sure he had something to do with it

i'll be sure to yell "go birds!" when i see him. :) (nz's tiny.)

SKULL.GIF posted:

The Packers already are the most popular NFL team in many countries, there's no real need to give them an extra push.

packers are the most represented team here. a truly bizarre number of kiwis feel a connection to wisconsin, but even beyond that the packers' whole deal seems to appeal to kiwis who stumble across the nfl.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Yes, yes it can. There are more anime they can reference.

Please, no more anime, it hurts me physically

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please, no more anime, it hurts me physically

i am sorry that you are a Coward

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Houston has a giant Nigerian population, seems a little short sighted to give it to the Browns due to one player

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Off the top of my head, I can name three people I know in Philly who are either Ghanaian immigrants or children of Ghanaian immigrants. Who knows how indicative that is of anything, but it wouldn't shock me if the reasoning was something like 'Philly has a lot of African immigrants, might as well bid on an African nation'.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I see heaps of targetted Rams advertising on social media. Made me wonder if I'd accidentally interacted with anything Rams but I hadn't its just that I'm an NFL fan and in Aus I guess.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should think about likeing the rams

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

They aren't talking about putting chips in the ball(s), they're talking about using high-definition cameras.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

a neat cape posted:

It's going to be this Dockers ad with team logos superimposed on the khakis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73eadAM7KR8

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Giving Nigeria the Browns looks like some complex long form slur.

Njoku has roots there and usually does offseason work there each year. He is also officially a "chief" of his familial village.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

^ ok that's one question answered

By the time the Eagles are eliminated from the playoffs next season Nick Sirianni is a Ghana

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

You should be allowed one hip drop tackle a game, as a treat

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Black Lighter posted:

Off the top of my head, I can name three people I know in Philly who are either Ghanaian immigrants or children of Ghanaian immigrants. Who knows how indicative that is of anything, but it wouldn't shock me if the reasoning was something like 'Philly has a lot of African immigrants, might as well bid on an African nation'.

they do but most of the ones i knew were ethiopian so idk

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

2 of my rugby team's best players are currently sidelined due to hip drop tackles causing injury. It's a blight on tackle sports and needs to go. Referees suck at enforcing it. The consistency (or lack thereof) is absolutely maddening. Doesn't mean there shouldn't be an attempt to rule it out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cavauro posted:

you should think about likeing the rams

thought about it and the answer is still no

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Black Lighter posted:

but why are the Patriots included in Brazil and only Brazil?

A certain ex-QBs ex-wife?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
NFL RB is brutal.

https://twitter.com/AroundTheNFL/status/1772426925517967656?t=IW3nYnhS8_iKJDJT70Tv6A&s=19

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
He was a good player for such a brief period of time, and never really got paid.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Mar 26, 2024

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Deion needed attention

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/deion-sanders-colorado-stars-might-refuse-teams-2025-nfl-draft.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=bluesky

quote:

Colorado head coach Deion Sanders is warning NFL teams who might already be eyeing his son, quarterback Shedeur Sanders, in the 2025 NFL Draft.

Sanders’ message: Shedeur will not play for certain teams, and the same goes for Buffaloes two-way star Travis Hunter.

Sanders drew an analogy between their situation and that of former New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning before he went No. 1 overall in 2004. Manning made it clear he would not play for the Chargers, who had the No. 1 overall pick, so they drafted him and traded him to the Giants.

Sanders predicts both players will go in the top four picks in 2025.

“I know where I want them to go,” Sanders told the Million Dollaz Worth of Game podcast. “So it’s certain cities that ain’t gonna happen … It’s gonna be an Eli.”

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 26, 2024

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's ok that damien harris had to retire. he has 5 pension credits and can access it without penalty in just 28 years

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Dak's contract is up next season. Makes u think.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

given the name of their national soccer team, the Eagles should definitely be linked to Nigeria.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Kalli posted:

Chargers spend all that time and effort animeing up their fanbase and they don't even get a piece of Japan? C'mon.

They barely get a piece of LA.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
I'm glad to see the league is continuing to do God's work but giving the refs new ways to screw the Jets.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Nervous posted:

I'm glad to see the league is continuing to do God's work but giving the refs new ways to screw the Jets.

The Jets screwed The Jets.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Corzaa posted:

The Jets screwed The Jets.

They know the Lord's will.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

the interesting thing about the international marketing thing is that it basically has put down any notion that the NFL is going to go truly international in the near future. You wouldn't roll this out if there was going to be a team in Mexico City or Berlin or London anytime soon.

HOWEVER. Seeing the Jags in the UK and Ireland and nowhere else is giving me a moments pause

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
This has always confused me, so we are saying that every time the player does a "hip drop" the goal is to land on the legs and hurt them? Not that the player was trying to use his body weight to pull a bigger player down and happened to land on his legs?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

bows1 posted:

This has always confused me, so we are saying that every time the player does a "hip drop" the goal is to land on the legs and hurt them? Not that the player was trying to use his body weight to pull a bigger player down and happened to land on his legs?

Thats the distinction yes. You cant swing your body into the backs of their legs any more. You can still wrap and pull down with your weight.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

bows1 posted:

No, just like the goal of a horse collar tackle or helmet-to-helmet hit isn't (inherently) to do something violent. It's just bad form that significantly increases the risk of injury

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

bows1 posted:

In rugby the emphasis was shifted from the players' intentions to their duty of care to each other.

So whether you intended to gently caress up another player's legs or not is irrelevant, you have a duty of care to not act recklessly and endanger others.
Tackling in a way which drops you on to the legs is considered reckless.

The majority of penalties in rugby for reckless behaviour (head contact, dropping on to legs etc) are the result of poor technique.
In other words if you can't tackle someone without breaking their ankle you're poo poo.