Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Ytlaya posted:

I saw a level 20 pawn in a rift who only had a single weapon skill equipped.

Many also never seem to update their pawn's equipment.

can't play DD2 right now, but in DD1 this was sometimes a thing people did intentionally if said skill was OP, like Skull Splitter.

My Strider pawn in DD1 did nothing but spin wildly at enemies and it was the most effective strategy possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

had one of those :actually: guys on a mission the other night. He was telling us where to go and poo poo, which was fine, but then he kicked a person for calling in the evac, which i did not think was fine. I let him know that he was being toxic and taking the game too seriously and that he should not kick people unless they were trolling. He got mad and defensive and made us go scour the rest of the map even tho we had all the objectives and the super rare samples. We spent an extra 15 minutes getting nearly every sample from the map

when it came time to extract, i of course, fried his rear end to a crisp with my flame thrower. I went to go pick up his samples, but i wasnt used to the flame thrower and ended up killing myself with the ground fire, leaving behind both his samples and my samples for a total of around 60 samples, including the super rares

let me tell ya, i dont think ive ever had someone so mad online at me before, it was wonderful. He screamed at me for like 5 minutes straight back at the destroyer and i didnt catch any of what he was saying cause i was laughing way too hard. eventually, i offered to give him a hug, which he first refused, but then he relented and gave it back lol

Helldivers 2 GOTY 2024

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lol

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i've tried a bunch of the armor sets and the extra 2 seconds to the Stim buff + 2 extra Stims is unparalleled, imo

i love popping a stim when im about to get owned and just being a living god for a few glorious seconds

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I really love how they're teasing and releasing stuff for Hell Divers

https://twitter.com/Helldiversmedia/status/1771900000202870872

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Halser posted:

can't play DD2 right now, but in DD1 this was sometimes a thing people did intentionally if said skill was OP, like Skull Splitter.

My Strider pawn in DD1 did nothing but spin wildly at enemies and it was the most effective strategy possible

It was a Mage lol. Just had the starting fire spell equipped IIRC

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

TontoCorazon posted:

I really love how they're teasing and releasing stuff for Hell Divers

https://twitter.com/Helldiversmedia/status/1771900000202870872

yeah stuff like this and people randomly getting sniped by blue lasers absolutely rule

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the pawns are right

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

yeah stuff like this and people randomly getting sniped by blue lasers absolutely rule

reminds me of old MMOs where GMs would randomly run events.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite update tomorrow. Can't wait!

Lego patch notes are up. They are adding cars, a couple new machines, and some skins.
https://www.fortnite.com/news/lego-fortnite-v29-10-mechanical-mayhem?lang=en-US
Should be a fun update.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

had one of those :actually: guys on a mission the other night. He was telling us where to go and poo poo, which was fine, but then he kicked a person for calling in the evac, which i did not think was fine. I let him know that he was being toxic and taking the game too seriously and that he should not kick people unless they were trolling. He got mad and defensive and made us go scour the rest of the map even tho we had all the objectives and the super rare samples. We spent an extra 15 minutes getting nearly every sample from the map

when it came time to extract, i of course, fried his rear end to a crisp with my flame thrower. I went to go pick up his samples, but i wasnt used to the flame thrower and ended up killing myself with the ground fire, leaving behind both his samples and my samples for a total of around 60 samples, including the super rares

let me tell ya, i dont think ive ever had someone so mad online at me before, it was wonderful. He screamed at me for like 5 minutes straight back at the destroyer and i didnt catch any of what he was saying cause i was laughing way too hard. eventually, i offered to give him a hug, which he first refused, but then he relented and gave it back lol

This is what peak democracy looks like

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

gently caress it, nothing is calling out to me, I'm just gonna replay Hollow Knight. Maybe I'll get the 112% before Silksong comes out. Game is just too sick.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
hollow knight whips rear end. but the old gods stuff is where I tapped out.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

godmaster is cool but man the trial of hallownest is something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
did anyone get their hands on the new alone in the dark? i dont even know what that series is supposed to be about at this point, vaguely cthulu themed resident evil?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite update tomorrow. Can't wait!

Lego patch notes are up. They are adding cars, a couple new machines, and some skins.
https://www.fortnite.com/news/lego-fortnite-v29-10-mechanical-mayhem?lang=en-US
Should be a fun update.

neat, seems like this has been a long time coming from your talk

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Al! posted:

did anyone get their hands on the new alone in the dark? i dont even know what that series is supposed to be about at this point, vaguely cthulu themed resident evil?

I've heard it's surprisingly ok from the horror thread in Games

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Al! posted:

Watched a lot of it on streams. Seems... fine? Like a less ambitious RE/Silent Hill, with a smaller budget.

I'm assuming a lot of the budget was spent on getting David Harbor and Jodie Comer, and their performances are pretty middling.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

gently caress it, nothing is calling out to me, I'm just gonna replay Hollow Knight. Maybe I'll get the 112% before Silksong comes out. Game is just too sick.

Curse of the Moon 2 is $6 on steam rn

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

hollow knight whips rear end. but the old gods stuff is where I tapped out.

I ain't doin that poo poo lol, there's an absolute upper limit on what I'm capable of in these games and I find 2D combat significantly harder to get good at than 3D for whatever reason. I puttered around Godhome for a bit and otherwise downed every boss except NKG on my Switch copy, this is on Steam so I'm just gonna do all that again except do NKG earlier than dead last so I'm maybe mentally prepared for the grueling hell march that's gonna be.

Gamers who can complete the Godmaster stuff or are good at fighting games are just better than me at gaming, and I've found peace with that. Being bad but placid as a still pond and stubborn as a mule is its own super power, I've embraced it instead.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Watched a lot of it on streams. Seems... fine? Like a less ambitious RE/Silent Hill, with a smaller budget.

I'm assuming a lot of the budget was spent on getting David Harbor and Jodie Comer, and their performances are pretty middling.

the original alone in the dark is abysmal to play today, but it's basically the foundation resident evil was built upon. that said it seems like it could have been left in the "they got it right the first time" bucket since i think every alone in the dark since then has been considered Okay at best

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the problem with classic alone in the dark is that it only looks like resident evil if you know everything.
otherwise its trial and error game over multiple times on every screen of the game cause everything kills you and you can barely defend yourself and the devs were as mean and player hostile as sierra adventure devs.

they made for some good lets plays tho back in the day

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Al! posted:

the original alone in the dark is abysmal to play today, but it's basically the foundation resident evil was built upon. that said it seems like it could have been left in the "they got it right the first time" bucket since i think every alone in the dark since then has been considered Okay at best

Yeah, love the original, and 3. Never played 2 for some reason.

I actually just read the other day that the original RE designer was going to make the first RE a first person shooter, then discovered AiTD and thought that sort of format would better allow him to make the game he wanted.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the first alone in the dark was cool because you could look in your inventory and rotate the TOTALLY 3D objects around.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

play Outer Wilds or stardew 1.6

or pacific drive or blood west

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Al! posted:

whenever i hear the word lancer (as you do, all the time in the real world) i picture a guy in full plate that makes him look like a dragon carrying a giant rocket powered lance instead of a guy on horseback

i think about gay bulges

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Epic High Five posted:

I find 2D combat significantly harder to get good at than 3D for whatever reason.
oh it definitely is, i mean you're constrained to a design around 2DOF instead of what is basically 5-6DOF. these means 2D games can be designed to be vastly harder than 3D. it's much easier to design a game to be brutally hard, down to pixel-perfect movement and timing, on a 2-planes than trying to capture what players can do on 5-6

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if anyone hasn't played outer wilds they should

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Xaris posted:

play Outer Wilds or stardew 1.6

or pacific drive or blood west

Stardew is on the docket but I'm waiting to see if my co-op group wants to start a 2nd day since we're enjoying Sons of the Forest. Also we want to see how chaotic 8 people can get which means we'd need to find 4 more, unlikely but it's a noble goal. Beyond that, don't want anything too heavy atm.

What's the deal with Blood West anyway? I'm completely ignorant of the FPS genre, but you and I tend to agree on games we like so I'd give it a shot. Not just a boomer shooter I take it?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Xaris posted:

play Outer Wilds

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Shear Modulus posted:

if anyone hasn't played outer wilds they should

There is nothing more frustrating than when you tell someone to play one of these god tier games and they go "eh idk gosh... uh it just doesn't look my kind of game". Literally my loving friend says helldivers 2 just doesn't look very fun. What does that even mean??

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"Oh yeah Elden ring... yeah man I don't know I didn't play the first ones I don't think I can get caught up."

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
"Subnautica? Oh I saw that one it looked ok, I'm not really into survival games with crafting though"

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitch.tv/oldtimeycomputershow

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmao

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Cross posting

If any of you haven't played it, steam is basically throwing it at you.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

TontoCorazon posted:

Cross posting

thx for spreading the deals around

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

you're selling it a bit short

it's a pretty good retelling of the original and there's lots of detail in the books and documents you find, all voice acted even if you never see the person the voice belongs to. Lots of loving attention to detail so far. The combat is... serviceable. It's essentially as bad as the original's was. Not sure if that was on purpose or not.

I'd say its good for someone that wants a story rather than well paced action. So yeah on the combat side its very much not as good as the RE remakes. On the other hand i really don't give a gently caress about zombies.

Regarde Aduck has issued a correction as of 04:00 on Mar 26, 2024

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

TontoCorazon posted:

Cross posting

Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: EA on-line activation and Origin client software installation and background use required
Requires 3rd-Party Account: EA Account (Supports Linking to Steam Account)
Requires agreement to a 3rd-party EULA
TitanfallŽ 2 EULA
EA Play subscription requires acceptance of
EA Play Terms

Nah pass

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

a griffon pounced on me out of nowhere and i got launched up and died from fall damage and the game crashed
10/10 goty :getin: