Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Me when seeing tom holland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMtfMWdw8Ec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

No Mods No Masters posted:

Do they ever do spider man in college stories or is he always sort of either high schooler/working adult guy. Because I feel like 27 year old and counting tom holland is in a little awkward spot, maybe better to rest him out of being a little baby man a bit

Spiderman 2 and 3 he's taking fulltime college courses between work and Spiderman

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Doesn’t Sony have to crank out a new spider man related property every X months or the rights revert to marvel? That’s why they do garbo like madame web, morbius and presumably kraven. They must have to be proper theatrical releases so they can’t do a Roger Corman fantastic four.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

Do they ever do spider man in college stories or is he always sort of either high schooler/working adult guy. Because I feel like 27 year old and counting tom holland is in a little awkward spot, maybe better to rest him out of being a little baby man a bit

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Can spider man’s dick stick to walls and other things like could he just touch the tip to the ceiling and hang there

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

priznat posted:

Can spider man’s dick stick to walls and other things like could he just touch the tip to the ceiling and hang there

The web slingers were devices not part of being bitten by a spider.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

I know but his skin sticks to walls and stuff!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

priznat posted:

loving ow

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

priznat posted:

I know but his skin sticks to walls and stuff!

Spiders have tiny hairs on the tips of their legs to cling to surfaces and Peter I would assume only has those on his hands and feet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Hairy palms lol

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Groovelord Neato posted:

:wtf:

I just looked it up and you’re right. So… he’s a spider man. He got spider powers by being bitten by a spider. He has spider sense. He can climb walls like a spider. He’s agile and can jump like a spider.

But the web. Being able to spin a web; probably the most quintessentially unique “spider” property…. He just came up with afterward as like a gimmick?

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Yep. IIRC, the organic webshooters were James Cameron's idea.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
having the webshooters be an invention makes some sense, because it's a way to demonstrate that he's a smart wannabe scientist kid.

however, the obvious best live action spiderman movie is spiderman 2 directed by sam raimi, and in those moopies it's just a power, so ultimately who can say. it's in god's hands

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

poisonpill posted:

:wtf:

I just looked it up and you’re right. So… he’s a spider man. He got spider powers by being bitten by a spider. He has spider sense. He can climb walls like a spider. He’s agile and can jump like a spider.

But the web. Being able to spin a web; probably the most quintessentially unique “spider” property…. He just came up with afterward as like a gimmick?

Spider sense is made up but I'm guessing Mr. Lee would've found it gross to have Peter swinging from his butt or manipulating silk coming out of his rear end with his hands to swing.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

let's get every single character who showed up the 80s spiderman comics a full studio released movie because Venom was an improbable success and Marvel used to make a bajillion dollars

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It's good the way originally envisoned, so you can do eg the story where aunt may finds the big vat of white goo spider man has been hiding in their apartment and things get awkward. Truly the stories you tell with the spider man are endless

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Gonna actually watch Freddy got Fingered now. Wish me luck.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Good luck.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I am so tired of spi-der human, is there a dung beetle super man? Lady ladybug?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jon Irenicus posted:

let's get every single character who showed up the 80s spiderman comics a full studio released movie because Venom was an improbable success and Marvel used to make a bajillion dollars
There's a non-zero chance that someone will convince Sony that they need to do a big budget adaptation of the Clone Saga

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Between DUNC and 3 Body 3 Problem, you think any studio is going to get some other classic sci-fi books in production? Hyperion? Fire Upon the Deep?

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's a non-zero chance that someone will convince Sony that they need to do a big budget adaptation of the Clone Saga

Kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet, considering how Sony and Disney are grasping at straws.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

stephenthinkpad posted:

I'm told DC released a Beetle movie. Blue Beetle? You'll have to ask the lead's mom, because I'm pretty sure that's the only person who went to see it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm told DC released a Beetle movie. Blue Beetle? You'll have to ask the lead's mom, because I'm pretty sure that's the only person who went to see it.

It's true. She said it was about family, and that was what was so powerful about it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Failson posted:

Between DUNC and 3 Body 3 Problem, you think any studio is going to get some other classic sci-fi books in production? Hyperion? Fire Upon the Deep?

Kinda surprised it hasn't happened yet, considering how Sony and Disney are grasping at straws.

Snow Crash when?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

There is a universe where they make a good Neuromancer. It isn’t ours, tho!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Snow Crash when?

The masses are clamoring for grimdark Ready Player One

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Failson posted:

Book of the new sun, very fantasy and very TV friendly.

One day, somebody will finally get a hold of the Neuromancer right and make a giant movie out of it, and then people will complain it's a Matrix rip off.

Snow Crash and Diamond Age, and my personal favorite Anathem.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
The best thing I've watched in ages is a batshit insane series made by the German government to teach the language to immigrants called Nico's Weg.

The combination of deciding to have one continuing story for the entire (massive) course, the needs of it being a language course, and obvious budget constraints have led to an absolutely mental story. I'm only about halfway through but so far:

-A Spanish dude named Nico arrives in Germany and immediately loses his backpack with all his documentation/money/belongings in the back of a taxi.
-He meets a friendly, helpful German lady (extremely unrealistic), and explains that he is coming to stay with his aunt that owns a bike shop. His aunt doesn't know he's coming. He doesn't know where the bike shop is, his aunt's contact details, or her last name.
-The German lady immediately entrusts this strange man with no ID and an insane story with babysitting her young niece. He's also invited to children's parties.
-German ladies dad is a police chief. He believes the story at face value and basically says "poo poo that's bad luck. Well, seeya".
-Several weeks of hijinks then happen which include Nico crashing at German ladies flat and working illegally at a restaurant.
-7 weeks in someone finally uses their phone to google the aunt's bike shop. When they get to the address it's a vacant lot where nothing has ever existed.
-One of the flatmates moves out. Instead of offering Nico the room they interview a bunch of shithouse flatmates. They still kick Nico out.
-A creepy old lady overhears that Nico now has nowhere to live and gives him her address so he can come and live with her.

Anyway, in the episode I just watched he finally found his aunt's bike shop and the two guys who own the restaurant Nico works at are inside robbing it. I assume they knew where it was the entire time and just didn't tell him because they had already planned to burgle it.

This poo poo loving rules.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Kingo Ligma posted:

The best thing I've watched in ages is a batshit insane series made by the German government to teach the language to immigrants called Nico's Weg.

The combination of deciding to have one continuing story for the entire (massive) course, the needs of it being a language course, and obvious budget constraints have led to an absolutely mental story. I'm only about halfway through but so far:

-A Spanish dude named Nico arrives in Germany and immediately loses his backpack with all his documentation/money/belongings in the back of a taxi.
-He meets a friendly, helpful German lady (extremely unrealistic), and explains that he is coming to stay with his aunt that owns a bike shop. His aunt doesn't know he's coming. He doesn't know where the bike shop is, his aunt's contact details, or her last name.
-The German lady immediately entrusts this strange man with no ID and an insane story with babysitting her young niece. He's also invited to children's parties.
-German ladies dad is a police chief. He believes the story at face value and basically says "poo poo that's bad luck. Well, seeya".
-Several weeks of hijinks then happen which include Nico crashing at German ladies flat and working illegally at a restaurant.
-7 weeks in someone finally uses their phone to google the aunt's bike shop. When they get to the address it's a vacant lot where nothing has ever existed.
-One of the flatmates moves out. Instead of offering Nico the room they interview a bunch of shithouse flatmates. They still kick Nico out.
-A creepy old lady overhears that Nico now has nowhere to live and gives him her address so he can come and live with her.

Anyway, in the episode I just watched he finally found his aunt's bike shop and the two guys who own the restaurant Nico works at are inside robbing it. I assume they knew where it was the entire time and just didn't tell him because they had already planned to burgle it.

Hell yeah. Is it on YouTube?

Fake edit: yeah it is

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Haven't decided weather it's a travesty or a blessing that nothing of Anne Mccaffrey has ever been adapted.

Kingo Ligma posted:

Are you fluent in German now?

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

stephenthinkpad posted:

France does, in fact, have a lady superhero called Ladybug.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Failson posted:

Haven't decided weather it's a travesty or a blessing that nothing of Anne Mccaffrey has ever been adapted.

Are you fluent in German now?

Absolutely not. Might even be worse.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Did they say he was illegally working there? Because I thought a big part of the european union was that citizens of member nations could move to and work in other member nations without doing any paperwork.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I'm still not over "so they're not like slut lesbians"

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Lister posted:

Did they say he was illegally working there? Because I thought a big part of the european union was that citizens of member nations could move to and work in other member nations without doing any paperwork.

He doesn't have any evidence he's an EU citizen or any tax details (his passport and all his doc's were lost). Even if he is the Spaniard he claims to be and doesn't need a visa to work there, they still need to sort out the tax stuff.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

lmao

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
You are supposed to do it with the mask on, noob.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

stephenthinkpad posted:

You are supposed to do it with the mask on, noob.

Have we learned nothing from Revenge of the Nerds?

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Kingo Ligma posted:

lol. amazing. we had something like this when i took french in high school. it was a weird soap opera type thing and all i remember was there were two teens named (insert female french name) and julien who was called ju ju by the girl. i kind of sucked at understanding spoken french so i would just go “ooooh wow. nooo waaaay!” every time they would play a dramatic sting. the teacher ate it up and must have thought i understood it all lol. she was some nice french canadian lady who decided to slum it in rural ohio to teach slack jawed, barely clothed farmers.

well anyway i cannot seem to find any videos of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Nicos Weg owns, I also got weirdly invested in the twists and turns of Harry, gefangen in der Zeit