Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Crab Dad posted:

Yeah I don’t recall that being a thing. However it’s been decades since I was in high school.

I would not give that assignment. For starters, I don’t work over my breaks and they shouldn’t have to either, unless it’s a long term assignment. Second, I always assign preliminary tasks such as research/bibliography and outlines as graded assignments to make sure they’re keeping up and not just using ChatGPT the night before it’s due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
The term paper is going to be an April Fool's joke and Hil will miss that fact and do one anyway cuz she is too frazzled about there being a term paper due.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Corto Maltese

Blueberry

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Esa Ahto

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake The Magician

A random cowboy appears!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The first Lucy "Psychiatric Help" strip was published in March of 1959. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. $0.05 then would be worth only $0.54 in 2024.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
The Family Upstairs/The Dingbat Family(September 26, 1910)

Baron Bean(March 27, 1916)

Polly and Her Pals(February 24, 1913)

Gasoline Alley(November 17, 1919)

Us Boys(March 25, 1912)

The Gumps(April 23, 1917)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Safety Dance posted:

The first Lucy "Psychiatric Help" strip was published in March of 1959. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics. $0.05 then would be worth only $0.54 in 2024.

Dustin is actually making a very cutting point about how vendors use inflation to justify hiking the price up.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 8/14-16/52

Archie 12/12-14/49

Bob, didn't you just do this story with Archie coaching a girls' football team?

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 5/8/77

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
this panel from Amazing Spider-Man #169 (May 1977) was brought to my attention:

e: crackerjack timing!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Powered Descent posted:

I'd swear we just saw this one last week.

Tiggum posted:

Yeah, we did.

But you can see that it has the date 2024-03-24 on it so it was supposed to run this week. Here's the one that was supposed to run last week:

Huh. Weird. I didn't even notice. Well, sorry about that.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"She asked if you were still a selfish rear end in a top hat. I said 'yes,' by the way."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

Good for you, Carlos.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Mar 26, 2024

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
We Are Reproducing

quote:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Ah, 6 months of a Wilbur story! Mary Worth coming out swinging after that accursed victory lap month.

The art collapse accelerates again as Jules gives up on drawing background details. The MS paint generic squares on Saturday were amusing but the giant rectangle desk and multiple art errors on the incredible growing with head shrinking security guard are a hoot. Seriously, this guy has 4 distinct heads.

I like the writing logic behind stealing the mostly empty recorder of a journalist who doesn't need it to remember the two lines of dialogue the characters exchanged. Surely Mark won't write about this???

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Hwurmp posted:

Dirty Face is Arn, calling it

He led a quick revolution and had all the Duke's men hacked up into pig feed

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Pancho Jueves posted:

In which the cartoonist forgets that his strip takes place on a boat.

Pluggers

Plugger category: TMI

I'm totally doxxed, just had my first colonoscopy last fall. I R A PLUGR

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

LvK posted:

this panel from Amazing Spider-Man #169 (May 1977) was brought to my attention:

e: crackerjack timing!

No one ever accused Stan the Man of being shy about self-promotion.

Hey, isn't that guy in the blue coat Martin C. Martin, the crime czar of greater Hackensack? You'd think Spidey would settle his hash.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kevin and Kell Present: Nuclear Apocalypse

A Man Like Him Wouldn't Break In Prison Anyway

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Hostile V posted:

A Man Like Him Wouldn't Break In Prison Anyway

I'm begrudgingly respecting this pun but it'd be a crime not to salute your comment for pushing it over the top.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Big Nate

Thank loving god, at least they're talking about it rather than doing that "dump the other person" first thing that was suggested a couple days ago.

Blind Alley

It's back!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

readingatwork posted:

Crabgrass

Big Nate

Thank loving god, at least they're talking about it rather than doing that "dump the other person" first thing that was suggested a couple days ago.

Blind Alley

It's back!

and the first blind alley to make any sense without reading any of the others!

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

readingatwork posted:

Blind Alley

It's back!

Yay!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House, in which the missus poaches the new talent. (May 21-23, 1925)

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (May 22, 1925)

Toonerville Folks (August 7-9, 1922)

Doc's Dippy Detective Work (February 25, 1915)

Little Lefty (December 25-27, 1939)

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

1. Leona could just...lean backwards.
2. Seeing these two strips side by side - separated by time but not content - is really jarring.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Scary Go Round (November 25-29, 2005)

As if Saucy Bob wasn't supernatural enough for you, Tackleford has a witch.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Fun Fact: It is potentially possible to hatch store eggs, depending on the brand. People attempt it with Trader Joe's eggs from time to time (pick the carton that says "fertilized"). Less impressive outside the US where y'all just keep your eggs on a shelf, but in the US, store eggs are washed and refrigerated.

Luann

Nah, I'm with Tiff. I wasn't a party girl, but I've never been a morning person either. I only had classes at 8 AM if it was a required class and that was the only time it was available.

Gil Thorp

Usually I do okay keeping up with what's happening in Gil Thorp, but this one escapes me.

Home Free

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strontium posted:

Dark Side Of The Horse

God I hate those close buttons on phone ads. Don't they have to pay per click or something? How is it helpful to have me fail to close the loving ad and open the store page instead five times in a row? I'm not going to download whatever lovely app you're advertising just because I accidentally ended up in the play store. :argh:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Gil Thorp

Usually I do okay keeping up with what's happening in Gil Thorp, but this one escapes me.

i suspect we're just starting the next story at the post-game presser and gil will kick off the flashback of what we missed in that game in the next couple strips

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1981 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Mexikid Stories

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Green Intern posted:

Metal is probably going to take up more space than paper in Reeky's truck! It's not unreasonable to charge more for a bulkier object!

still, it's nice of Slylock Fox to remind us of the difference between weight and density, lest we wind up like poor Limmy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fC2oke5MFg

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

One of the all time great Modesty Blaise moments

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From The Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side Of The Horse

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

The Virtue of Vera Valiant 5/8/77

This comic slays me. :lol:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

You don't need to read him, he's showing you all of his cards.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FINGERPORI

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Jun. 03, 1962)

As anticipated by several of you.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Arlo and Janis

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

JethroMcB posted:

FoxTrot Classix

Amend is getting horny on main again.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Haifisch posted:

Footrot Flats

Do not bully Major, he is a good boy! :mad:

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way: Cowboys Revisited (May 22, 1925)

I love the very male friendship moments this strip does. :3:

And while we're firmly in the part of Our Boarding House where the Major becomes the main character I must say I like it. It's incredible how he never lets up on being himself.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/25/04

Brenda Starr 11/23/52

I have no idea which "famous restaurant in Phoenix" is being referred to, and searching for castle-themed restaurants just turns up White Castle and Medieval Times. Any Phoenicians have an idea?

Smokey Stover 7/24/60

Everyday Movies 5/17/37

"I don't think this English roomer would mind our drinking a toast to the new King and Queen out of his bottle."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 5/23/43

Murdstone has let me know they have the next few Sunday Scarlets in color, so I'll let them go ahead and provide.

Closer Than We Think! 7/24/60

Bonus Comic! More fun with The Nebbishes!

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Nah, I'm with Tiff. I wasn't a party girl, but I've never been a morning person either. I only had classes at 8 AM if it was a required class and that was the only time it was available.
Yeah, I had a small major such that the majority of my curriculum was specific classes that had to be taken and were offered once per year, so I had 8:30 AM classes basically every day for my junior and senior years since the profs wanted to get teaching out of the way to go work in their labs or whatever. It sucked!

Selachian posted:

Closer Than We Think! 7/24/60

This is the only Fogovision I care about :

THORN, April 17-22, 1985