Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Data Graham posted:

Entire episodes consisting of nothing but Nynaeve's internal monologue about whether or not she will admit she enjoys wearing dresses with low necklines

Three entire seasons of Elayne's bath time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

seaborgium posted:

sold

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

seaborgium posted:

Interspersed with glimpses of Perrin repeatedly thinking about the guy in the cage, with an entire episode in season five where it's just a training montage of him silently rethinking those thoughts while sitting in the snow.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BigHead posted:

Interspersed with glimpses of Perrin repeatedly thinking about the guy in the cage, with an entire episode in season five where it's just a training montage of him silently rethinking those thoughts while sitting in the snow.

i'll allow this but only if Gaul is introduced as his buddy/wisecracker

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

WoT being a 200 episode show would be more appropriate and fitting for the feel of the books.

The Faile kidnapping arc needs at least 7x 1 hour episodes to truly capture the experience of reading it in the books.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Mar 25, 2024

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

one episode per a season dedicated to going through rand's entire list of dead women.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

jetz0r posted:

WoT being a 200 episode show would be more appropriate and fitting for the feel of the books.

The Faile kidnapping arc needs at least 7x 1 hour episodes to truly capture the experience of reading it in the books.

tng had 178 episodes in 7 years

at current pace wot will get 32 episodes 7 years (if it lasts that long)

they really picked the wrong format for a tv series about a long rear end book series

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Issaries posted:

20 episode season 1, with final scene showing the first glimpse of Trollocs entering Two Rivers. :getin:

Well seriously no trollocs needed until end of episode two I would think. Glimpses of the dark rider could suffice for ep 1 but it should be Lews Therin and Ishamael prologue scene that would be the real action of ep 1. If it had happened like I wanted it to...

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
At least an entire season of flicker flicker or I riot

Resdfru
Jun 4, 2004

I'm a freak on a leash.
Do they even make long rear end tv seasons anymore? Aside from reality TV (I assume) and soaps (again I assume).

Nevermind I looked it up, looks like some (maybe all?) cw shows are still doing 20something eps per season. I wish the "prestige" shows could find a middle ground between 6 to 8 episodes every 2-3 years and 22 episodes per year.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How about this idea then

WoT series, 23-episode seasons, but episodic rather than serialized

Just a lot of interchangeable adventure-of-the-week stories that reset the universe after each one

*waits for the joke to write itself*

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

DarkHorse posted:

At least an entire season of flicker flicker or I riot

A hundred minutes of this. More. So much we could not count it.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

The universe where WoT took off like Marvel so instead of Marvel's What If we get Wheel of Time: Flicker Flicker

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
We've got two more S3 episode titles for a total of four now:

https://www.wotseries.com/2024/03/25/wots3-episode-names-shooting-days/

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Someone's going to say S3 is just ripping off Dune, aren't they.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

pik_d posted:

Looks like season 3 is indeed just the entirety of The Shadow Rising. That is awesome.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hell loving yes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Someone's going to say S3 is just ripping off Dune, aren't they.

Finally some book accuracy

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

pik_d posted:

Those last two episode titles have me pretty hyped. I will also be sad if they really gently caress those up. Sounds like TSR is Rafe's favorite book and with S2 ending in a much better spot than S3 did...we'll see!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
I can not wait for episode 8. That title makes me so excited.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

honestly as good as it is i think Goldeneyes is the peak of TSR

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

honestly as good as it is i think Goldeneyes is the peak of TSR

TSR really hit us with the double whammy of that battle and the lore drop in the glass columns

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
As long as we get Dumai's Well. I'll be extremely happy.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

calandryll posted:

As long as we get Dumai's Well. I'll be extremely happy.

I dunno, if it's as gruesome as it has to be to be true to the book, it might be too gory for me.

Like, it's really not supposed to be cool.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’ll never get across the feeling of Rand going insane stuffed inside a small suitcase trying to find the magic keyhole.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

silvergoose posted:

I dunno, if it's as gruesome as it has to be to be true to the book, it might be too gory for me.

Yea, I don't think they're gonna glorify it.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Asha'man... Cool.

I think that's how it goes?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He said Curl

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

silvergoose posted:

To a certain extent, the scene doesn't work if you don't have an air of triumph to it. If the horror aspects, especially when it comes to the effects on Rand , sink in too quickly much of the impact is lost.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

it's a dark triumph at best

there is nothing good about 'kneel, aes sedai, or you will be knelt.'

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

it's a dark triumph at best

there is nothing good about 'kneel, aes sedai, or you will be knelt.'

It does own though.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I don't think the show will make it to Dumai's Wells, but if it does it will be glorious.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Flowing Thot posted:

It does own though.

when me and my friends read that battle scene back in the day everyone thought that it was the coolest poo poo ever

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

DTurtle posted:

Looks like season 3 is indeed just the entirety of The Shadow Rising. That is awesome.

the rhuidean flashback was the best stuff that jordan wrote and i really hope that they give it enough screen time and don't gently caress it up like they have so many iconic scenes, like eg. ingtar's redemption

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So are they just skipping Tear and Callandor? Or rejigging the timeline?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Flowing Thot posted:

It does own though.

Oh God yes.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

canepazzo posted:

So are they just skipping Tear and Callandor? Or rejigging the timeline?

has the full prophecy been quoted in the show? perhaps they'll just remove the tear lines and rand will get callandor from some other place

e: maybe he'll get it from rhuidean

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What does he even need it for, narratively?

Trying to think of what purpose it really serves other than a macguffin, then a vague offscreen totem, then a "weapon" that might as well be replaced with any other weapon

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Data Graham posted:

What does he even need it for, narratively?

Trying to think of what purpose it really serves other than a macguffin, then a vague offscreen totem, then a "weapon" that might as well be replaced with any other weapon

agreed

magic swords are cool, but it's shown so rarely in the books that it could be replaced with whatever

and some good scenes happen in tear, but since the series won't have enough time for everything, they should cut some things completely rather than half assing everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

He uses it at the very end to weave together all three powers and safely trap TDO. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't do so without it though. Even the trapping Moridin could be done another way.