Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If I'm reading Horoscope right I use it, then in the next 10 seconds I hardcast Aspected Helios (the AoE heal) for a 30s buff, and if during that time I draw twice the party gets another heal?

Feels a bit convoluted to time right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Horoscope is a minor heal on a delayed timer, and if you cast an AoE heal before it goes off, it changes to become a bigger heal with a longer delay (but in either case you can manually pop it early).

It's great for when there's lots of damage going around, like a raidwide bleed, so you can get a lot of extra mileage out of an Aspected Helios, that you can pop after the bleed fades.

e: It does not interact with card draw. Where the tooltip mentions cards being read a second time, it's just referring to hitting the Horoscope button again.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
You don't need to draw anything.

You cast horoscope and everyone gets a buff. If it expires, or you pop it, everyone gets a trivial heal.
If you're buffed and cast a helios/aspected helios, you get a new buff. You can let that buff expire, or you can trigger it, you get a strong heal.

Ignore the text about the cards being read twice. That's just flavourful localization muddling up the ability. It just means if you cast horoscope again while active.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 25, 2024

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bruceski posted:

If I'm reading Horoscope right I use it, then in the next 10 seconds I hardcast Aspected Helios (the AoE heal) for a 30s buff, and if during that time I draw twice the party gets another heal?

The "the cards are read a second time" has nothing to do with the Draw ability, it means if you use Horoscope again.

How it works is:
Cast Horoscope, get a 10s buff. If you press Horoscope again or let it expire, everyone gets a heal for 200.
If instead during that buff window you cast (Aspected) Helios, the duration goes up to 30s, and if you press Horoscope again or let it expire then everyone gets a heal for 400

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bruceski posted:

Chronic illness might be a good way of putting it. Every time I try to think about how the game handles Tempering I have to try and reconcile it being very blase about it on one end (most people tempered by Ifrit and Leviathan for example) and then really hammering it in others (Ga Bu mainly, Tiamat to an extent). Ga Bu is the main one for "treating it like a disability" but also kinda his whole point was Alisae approaching him and the condition differently from how they usually do.
The tempered guys we fight early on are douchebags as well as tempered. Ga Bu wasn’t a douchebag. Tiamat has been in whelp jail for a million years and is not let out until cured.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Horoscope gets a lot of use of the bigger heal in many fights pre-pull because so many bosses like to open with a raid wide in the first 20 seconds or so.

The other way to think about Horoscope is that if there's a point in the fight where you feel like you need to GCD heal, may as well try and fit Horoscope into that spot to get another decent sized heal at some point.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maximum Tomfoolery posted:

e: It does not interact with card draw. Where the tooltip mentions cards being read a second time, it's just referring to hitting the Horoscope button again.

ohhhhhhhh. That makes it more usable. Yeah, a long timer that I can pop fits it in with Earthly Star and Macrocosmos. I thought it had to be triggered by things I would be wanting to use at specific points of my rotation.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 25, 2024

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Nessus posted:

The tempered guys we fight early on are douchebags as well as tempered. Ga Bu wasn’t a douchebag. Tiamat has been in whelp jail for a million years and is not let out until cured.

It's worth noting here that the two early factions of tempered we see, Ifrit's and Leviathan's, are pretty different as well. Ifrit is pretty much exclusively tempering captives (presumably a fair number of Flamefang Amalj'aa are also tempered, but that doesn't really come up), and they seem to end up pretty stripped of motivation in the process; Leviathan also tempers captives, but most of the Serpent Reavers we fight are criminals who chose to submit to tempering to ally with the Sahagin and be allowed to continue slaving, and they certainly possess more initiative even if they're still being ordered around by Sahagin handlers. It's a complicated topic, and I don't think you can really use it as a disability metaphor.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Since none of my friends play ffxiv I'm wondering if there's any interest in meeting up in Oceania DC for fellow players? Thanks.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tempering is Fantasy Rabies but we found a cure via a literal flying pig.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Special Site for FF14 x FF16 is live!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The armor looks pretty good, and I'm pleased to see it be dyeable.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A note before it begins:
You'll need 400k MGP if you want all of the event's offerings. It's 20k per orchestrion roll (10 total) and 200k for Clive's Triple Triad card.
The gear/mount/minion are all freebies from just doing the collab quests if you DON'T care about the other stuff, but there will be ample time to collect that much MGP even if you start with 0 at the beginning.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The glams look like you could use them to bootleg yourself into a Symphony of the Night Dracula cosplay.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wonder if the gear is already primed for Two Dyes

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!

Funky Valentine posted:

The glams look like you could use them to bootleg yourself into a Symphony of the Night Dracula cosplay.

They're dyeable, so I think you can get a decent Belmont going, too.

Any Belmont, take your pick.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Cleretic posted:

They're dyeable, so I think you can get a decent Belmont going, too.

Any Belmont, take your pick.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Hogama posted:

A note before it begins:
You'll need 400k MGP if you want all of the event's offerings. It's 20k per orchestrion roll (10 total) and 200k for Clive's Triple Triad card.
The gear/mount/minion are all freebies from just doing the collab quests if you DON'T care about the other stuff, but there will be ample time to collect that much MGP even if you start with 0 at the beginning.

Noctis's card was significantly cheaper from the event vendor (10k instead of the usual 200k). I would be surprised if that wasn't also the case here.

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

This is excellent.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

That's sweet but let us be honest here... Those Mandragora mounts suck rear end and are terrible

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Eight and a half hours to Dawntrail's preorder opening.

The exact time should only really matter if you want to score one of the collector's editions, though.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

It's up on the European PlayStation Store. Can't preorder the digital collector's edition though and I want that dang mount!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Just got it. June 28th can't come soon enough

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Bruceski posted:

Astro.txt

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You can preorder the Digital Collector edition up until the expansion comes out, right? This time the Ark Mount caught me even if it's a recolor of Cruise Chaser but right now I prefer to wait a bit before buying it.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Bruceski posted:

No horoscope just heals when the timer ends. It's just another weaker earthly star.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

You can preorder the Digital Collector edition up until the expansion comes out, right? This time the Ark Mount caught me even if it's a recolor of Cruise Chaser but right now I prefer to wait a bit before buying it.

I don't remember if the cutoff is the start of early access or the full release, but yeah, pre-order is available up to one of those.

That said, the mount (and Garnet minion and Chocobo Picto weapon) will be available even after release, or even by buying the CE upgrade if you buy the Standard Edition. The pre-order is specifically for the Zidane minion, the Azeyma EXP earrings and 3 days early access.

Edit: Also, it being called a "recolor" of the Cruise Chaser Mount isn't quite right. They're kinda similar and use some of the same base animations (which makes sense since they share the same inspiration), but the models are fairly distinct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xIKrcBzKFI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BC8s5jBNPM

Edit 2: Hell, they even share fewer animations than I expected, it's really just the ground idle and movement. The transforming animation is much simpler for Ark for example, though I haven't looked at the FFIX summon to see if they're basing it off that or it may just be unfinished, as unlikely as that may be.

Onean fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 26, 2024

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Nice, not only do you get two different versions of Torgal, you get a whole lot of good rear end XVI music for your house.

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012
I'm so ready for XVI to hit PC

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

gtrmp posted:

Noctis's card was significantly cheaper from the event vendor (10k instead of the usual 200k). I would be surprised if that wasn't also the case here.

Datamining lists it at 200,000 MGP. We'll know for sure when the event releases.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i'll never not lol every time i see a xvi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HDQ7xHD0cs&t=26s

Maximum Tomfoolery
Apr 12, 2010

The preorder I believe is available until Early Access starts. The digital collector's edition will never go away; you can buy the bonus items for all the previous expansions, and ARR. Special shout out to the Heavensward pack, which includes a Fantasia potion for every character in the account-wide bonuses.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Shouldn't the preorder be live by now? I can't find it anywhere on the Lodestone/Mog Station.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

quiggy posted:

Shouldn't the preorder be live by now? I can't find it anywhere on the Lodestone/Mog Station.

It'll be live in another half hour

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kheldarn posted:

It'll be live in another half hour

That'd explain it :shobon:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

quiggy posted:

That'd explain it :shobon:

I know. Apparently, it's already live for PlayStation and the UK. I keep refreshing every page I can find for it, hoping it'll go live early, but so far, no luck. Ah well.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I'm definitely going to pre-order but I can't think of any good reason to fight their overloaded website on day one. I guess if you're trying to get the physical collector's box, but good luck, I think the Endwalker one sold out within 60 seconds.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

And so, Dawntrail Pre-Order (Savage) has begun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE
Did my pre-order, but Steam isn't showing any keys for the pre-order items. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe I'm too impatient.