Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Log082 posted:

Infrastructure week

Infrastructure weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
welp, i guess its time to impeach mayo pete

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Strong Sauce posted:

a bridge collapsed in baltimore after a boat struck it...
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1772515766929097088

scary as poo poo..

will definitely "enjoy" all the takes on this tomorrow.

:stare:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Wonder how long it will take to find out that the ship lost power and steering due to safety and functionality standards being cut by the company to save on operating costs

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Log082 posted:

Infrastructure week

https://x.com/brianstelter/status/1772537333809602913?s=20

Seriously though this is going to gently caress up Baltimore in a lot of ways, and it didn't really need the extra help

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I live nearby, my mother says the sound of it woke her up but she thought it was a plane from BWI and went back to sleep.

And by nearby I mean about two miles in a straight line, like I could leave my house and be over the bridge in under 10 minutes, holy loving crap.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

Holy poo poo

Imagine hearing an inbred joke and being offended it could be about you

Lmao, these people are insane

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's that expression? "hit dog hollers" er something

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

Seriously though this is going to gently caress up Baltimore in a lot of ways, and it didn't really need the extra help

Yeah. The mess of shipping that can't make it to the port at Dundalk (which is where that container ship would have been going to, you can see the cranes in the background of the video) or to any of the other docks around the harbor is going to be insane.

Edit: Coming from, actually, I think.

Log082 fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 26, 2024

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Today is going to suck as SCOTUS is hearing abortion pill case.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sharknado slashfic posted:

This is gonna be a GINA conspiracy by the end of the day, and Trump will be using it to whip up xenophobia within the week

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

Goldwater "Daisy" Ad by LBJ

Ooh that's a good one.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’ve driven on that bridge :stonk:
Absolutely cannot show this to my wife or I’ll never get her on the Bay Bridge again.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Why don’t they just make bridges out of cargo ships?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Why don’t they just make bridges out of cargo ships?

That would be a pontoon/pontoon bridge. They do make modular pontoon systems out of shipping containers

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 26, 2024

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is gonna be a GINA conspiracy by the end of the day, and Trump will be using it to whip up xenophobia within the week

How?

If anything Biden can campaign hard on "America is literally crumbling, I'm making a New New Deal fuckwads"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

:byodame: That bridge never collapsed when TRUMP was president!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stoatbringer posted:

:byodood: Inside job! Biden took out the bridge to start a war on America by "improving its infrastructure"!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

How?

If anything Biden can campaign hard on "America is literally crumbling, I'm making a New New Deal fuckwads"

How? Stupidity and lying mostly. I don't make the rules.

Of course Biden could also make an issue out of it. It's not a mutually exclusive thing

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
God is punishing America for being too soft on billionaires and traitors

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Was the bridge vaxxed?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I blame Joe Flacco for going to Cleveland.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Stoatbringer posted:

I wonder how long it will take before chuds start legitimately blaming Biden.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Can't spell BRIDGE without DEI!! Checkmate libs

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

God is punishing America for being too soft on billionaires and traitors

Truly our most vulnerable and oppressed class in America

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Rhonne posted:

Was the bridge vaxxed?

infrastructure weak

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Log082 posted:

gently caress. gently caress. I hope my dad wasn't going over it, he shouldn't have been but it's remotely possible since he had to go pick up my uncle first before heading to Florida to bring back my granddad because he's experiencing symptoms of sudden onset alzheimers (it's been a loving Sunday/Monday).

Did you hear back from your dad?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
We only avoided the government screeching to a halt (…again) by pulling at every conceivable string long into the night. Heh, you’re welcome, you icky plebe.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

I blame Joe Flacco for going to Cleveland.

Mods this is a personal attack on me

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
"The people at the stock exchange are very, very upset” that he didn't list the company on the NYSE.

“The top person is mortified, can’t believe it. He said, I’m losing business because of New York – because people don’t want to be in New York."

His company is listed on the Nasdaq, which is also headquartered in New York.
The "top person" of the NYSE is not a he. The president and chair are both women.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Did you hear back from your dad?

Yeah, thanks. He was gone well before the hit, it turns out. Now he just has to survive a road trip down to Florida with his brother.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Here in St Pete, FL we had the exact same tragedy with the sunshine skyway bridge, just straight up cars end even a bus full of people plunging to their deaths. That was back in 1980 and I have no doubt I'm not the only one that grips the steering wheel a little going over that thing. Really sucks that 44 years later it's still evidently a problem.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

You will never believe who Twitter users are blaming for the bridge collapse (it's the Jews)

nerox
May 20, 2001

kazil posted:

You will never believe who Twitter users are blaming for the bridge collapse (it's the Jews)

Were they messing with their space lasers and blinded the captain of the ship? :confused:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

In that one video you can see the ship losing lights so yea definitely catastrophic power failure. Baltimore traffic is gonna be fuckedddd

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

kazil posted:

My guess was the spat of 3 or 4 fake t-shirt ads on every twitter thread that features poorly shopped celebs bragging about the hi-fives they get for their very comfortable anti-trump shirt.

What a garbage site

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DemihumanResources posted:

infrastructure weak

"Infrastructure Week" is such a weird and hilarious throwback joke, it's like it arose from a previous era of human existence where people thought about politics differently

It's from that bizarre chaotic first few months of TROMP when scads of people kept trying to frame him as "just another politician" who would "grow into the role" and they all tried to engage with his policy moves as though they were the rational acts of a person attempting in good faith to do the job

While Trump's team was largely trying to do the same thing, attempting to put on a veneer of "making a game attempt" and trying to get a foothold as an actual political operation, because their whole framing was that all previous Presidents were all just weak feckless buffoons who don't know their rear end from a hole in the wall and couldn't solve any of America's problems without fidgeting and vacillating and making boring speeches for months and never getting anything done. Whereas TREMP was cool get-things-done business man, who knew how things worked and exactly how to fix what was broken, who could stride in and just point at things and they would magically happen. Oh this country has a problem with infrastructure? Well watch this! INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK! Alakazam! There, fixed. How hard was that? Bunch of nincompoops. Just sit down, hash it all out in a week. What's so loving difficult about that.

And then of course it went on and on and nobody in his circle of sycophants actually had any loving idea how anything worked, so TROMP's opponents kept hurling "Infrastructure Week" at him as an own, and continue to do so to this day. But the whole reason it's funny is that it's predicated on the idea of Trump actually trying to do President things, and failing spectacularly because he doesn't have the first clue what he's doing or how hard anything is. But it should have been obvious after like two months that it was never going to land as mockery, because the people on Trump's side never wanted him to do infrastructure in the first place. They just wanted him to blow everything up and gently caress anyone who can't take a joke. "Infrastructure Week" to them was always a smokescreen in front of the REAL work, a diversion to keep the libs busy while they got down to the important work of rolling tanks across the Rio Grande and banning "Press 1 for English"

That to me is one of the biggest differences between 2016 and now. Back then there were all these people who still clung to some weird idea that he would actually try to do the job for real, even if he sucked at it or based it all on bad ideas or whatever else. Now though, there's nobody who doesn't know exactly what Trump would do if he got in again.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I'm going to blame capitalism, pontifex minimus and the fact that the BBC canceled The Great Egg Race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø
If i learned anything from The Wire is that the baltimore port is hanging by a thread.