Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
today's rock & cody segment really felt like a continuation of the AEW codyverse to me

you do, in fact, have to hand it to cody

the punk stuff felt like a worse version of the aew punk stuff, so maybe you don't in fact have to hand it to punk

mostly i'm just imagining an alternate reality where punk and cody are doing absolutely amazing builds in aew and rock and roman are having a mania feud totally devoid of heat

dodgeblan fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they're going to have Roman surpass the number of days Bruno held the title and without irony proclaim him the greatest champion of all time even though Bruno was actually around defending his title constantly and being on TV even the hulkster was on tv more than roman whenever he had the belt, jack

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Miching Mallecho posted:

So let me get this straight;

Tonight, The Rock came out and whispered something to Cody that had Cody shook and scared and then to end the night, The Rock gave Cody a one sided beatdown?

Is that what happened?

Because... :lmao:

Cody is a massive comic book nerd, right? This all reminds me of that one time Thor lost his powers because some guy, I wanna say Nick Fury, whispered something in his ear that made him unworthy of his magic hammer.

I don't remember the resolution of what was said, just that it was really underwhelming. I dunno why anything WWE would make me remember something like that...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cinema last night…

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Cody goes up to accept his Golden Globe when the Rock’s music hits.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Grendels Dad posted:

Cody is a massive comic book nerd, right? This all reminds me of that one time Thor lost his powers because some guy, I wanna say Nick Fury, whispered something in his ear that made him unworthy of his magic hammer.

I don't remember the resolution of what was said, just that it was really underwhelming. I dunno why anything WWE would make me remember something like that...

its like when lavos killed crono in chrono trigger, cody's favorite video game

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Miching Mallecho posted:

So let me get this straight;

Tonight, The Rock came out and whispered something to Cody that had Cody shook and scared and then to end the night, The Rock gave Cody a one sided beatdown?

Is that what happened?

Because... :lmao:

"Always drink your Ovaltine"

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
drew mcintyre's recent descent/ascent into internet troll come to life has been very amusing. fair play to the staunch rangers supporter.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Quantum of Phallus posted:

cinema last night…

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Stall_19 posted:

I'm only follow via clips and WOR but it's crazy how much Rock is doing versus how little Roman is doing. Like I feel like the loving Rock has been on more shows lately than Roman Reigns. I know Roman has a limited schedule but you'd think they turn it up with him during Mania time. Somehow the Rock who has all these other business commitments taking up his time is finding more time to be on these shows than Roman.

Not to mention the Rock is already doing 'cinema' better than all the clips of Roman talking segments WWE stans would QT with "THIS. IS. CINEMA."

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Not to mention the Rock is already doing 'cinema' better than all the clips of Roman talking segments WWE stans would QT with "THIS. IS. CINEMA."

👀👀👀👀

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WHAT JUST HAPPENED!? with like 30 of the fire emojis and mind blowing emojis

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
imo it’s bad that wwe is using the accusations against Vince McMahon in their storyline now

https://x.com/seanrosssapp/status/1772430476885610937?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Seams fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Mar 26, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

UnleashedDad posted:

I caught this in between watching On Cinema At The Cinema (playing catchup) and at one point Punk called Drew a guy in a skirt. Trans rights Punk is at it again

wow sure sounds like an awesome segment all right, couldn't imagine not getting to experience grade A wrestling entertainment like this

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

you've gotta hand it to the wwe cinematic universe

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Heard raw was good last night

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It was hilarious watching the Rock kick Cody’s rear end with a giant headshot billboard of Cena in almost every scene.

I half aspected cena to show up.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

NienNunb posted:

The MVP was there how could it not be

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1772454655739498856

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pillowpants posted:

It was hilarious watching the Rock kick Cody’s rear end with a giant headshot billboard of Cena in almost every scene.

I half aspected cena to show up.

it’s a cinematic technique called “foreshadowing” that has been employed by some of the greatest filmmakers in history

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
so add blood to the list of things that make up a disgraceful outlaw mud show until approximately 10:55 last night 🔥 🔥 🔥 💀 💀 💀

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Whoolighams posted:

so add blood to the list of things that make up a disgraceful outlaw mud show until approximately 10:55 last night 🔥 🔥 🔥 💀 💀 💀

Lol my Fedpilled friend was so excited to share with me the clip of a bloodied Cody. Before this, everytime there's a video of Darby or Mox doing sicko poo poo on Twitter, he'd do a lot of handwringing about safety, outsiders' perception of wrestling, how wrestling should stray away from blading, or whatever other crap the Fed cult fed him.

He was also similarly excited when Brock bled the hard way during the last match he had with Cody.

Long-Time Lurker fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Mar 26, 2024

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they're going to have Roman surpass the number of days Bruno held the title and without irony proclaim him the greatest champion of all time even though Bruno was actually around defending his title constantly and being on TV even the hulkster was on tv more than roman whenever he had the belt, jack
I looked it up and Bruno retained his title 653 times

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Sounds like it was really good. Gonna cop a download and watch

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Grendels Dad posted:

So you're saying Brandi is going to get a terrible neck tattoo and become the new American Nightmare?

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

this does rule

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lid posted:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2024/...cmahon-prichard

Charlotte big dicked management

Charlotte Flair meantime, would go on to defend her title against Rhea Ripley in what Rousey deemed the match of the entire weekend out in Los Angeles, but apparently one that was not without some level of controversy. Ronda claims their nearly 24-minute encounter ran way heavy on time.

“They weren’t supposed to go that long. The whole time the referee is telling them to go backstage and Charlotte threw her big dick on the table and said no, we’re gonna do this awesome f—-ing match. And that’s what [the women are] dealing with. They’re not allowed to show how f—-ing amazing they are, because ‘Oh, the crowd’s gonna be tired for the guys match afterward.’ That’s bull s—-!”

lol if any other woman did that, charlotte would be the first person bitching to Vince/H about it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Seams posted:

imo it’s bad that wwe is using the accusations against Vince McMahon in their storyline now

https://x.com/seanrosssapp/status/1772430476885610937?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

epic Punker burn! sure hope nobody looks up who was in charge of the company in November 2023

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Seams posted:

Beyond the pale.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Hey, that's Paul Bartel!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

For us old heads who remember the horrible NXT womens "invasion" angle. In Beckys bio she says that the dude that ran the submission sorrity website sent vince a fruit basket for the added traffic. I wonder whi sent the better basket reddit or the fetish dude

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

WHEW.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All the ways in this thread people find to cope every week is admirable.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Say Vince’s name three times

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i'm glad cody got to bleed and suffer beautifully.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

WWE needs a bring your parents and children to work day so they can all insult each others' families at the same time.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

RBX posted:

Cope's on the other show. He hit Christian in the balls with an ax though, that was cool.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Punk also shouted out Cornette’s two podcasts by name, he’s a weird guy. That tweet cuts off the end of Punk’s Vince line “What Paragon of virtue chose you?”. I’m surprised WWE let Punk say that line.

Hate Ricochet and JD but the spot where Ricochet turns a wristlock into a destroyer was crazy. Great promo from Lynch and Rhea, and the ending was fantastic.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

Hey, buddy, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MJeff posted:

Hey, buddy, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Pretty sure they’re on your side bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

No matter the side, posting about posters and making snippy "wow, this thread, am I right :smug:" posts is lame. Don't do that. Do something productive instead, like lol about how Hulk Hogan is still trying to work his way into a match somehow