Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Pain of Mind posted:

I would have thought SEA and SF would have gone after the countries in Asia also, not just LAR.

The Niners bidding on the UK and Mexico makes sense, the York family also owns Leeds United now and I know they want to do a football/football weekend event the next time the Niners have a UK game. As for Mexico, aside from the obvious crossover with the Latino fanbase, the Mexico City game they played in 2022 was a huge hit, Shanahan and the players all loved it and said it felt like a home game for them so I have no doubt ownership wants to build on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they need to blow plays dead when someone is going to be gotten. if a player with the ball is about to be gotten, that's it. they collect their yards and huddle up or what have you. this way, equal responsibility for a safe game is placed on all players instead of half of them. one half of the players are—at all times—responding to someone who is allowed to do anything imaginable and they can't even come close to predicting what it could be in the split-second that it takes to try and do their job. it's worse than trying to catch a beyblade made out of a large circular saw blade. it's ridiculously unsafe. the current suggestions and changes are to prevent the circular saw beyblade catchers from using strong metal pipes to enforce some sort of resistance because the pipes sometimes causes the circular saw beyblades to receive nicks and chips in them. edit. hey i was just thinking about it and the hip drop can never be safe in a situation where two people have significant forward momentum. the person behind will always continue into one or both legs unless the hip drop tackle is performed on a player who is already 'stood up'. get that crap out of here. i hope everyone here and their loved ones are safe regarding the key bridge incident.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Mar 26, 2024

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1772588504100270295?s=46

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Must see TV…..

….for about five minutes until we all start bitching again.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Silly Burrito posted:

Must see TV…..

….for about five minutes until we all start bitching again.

See ya in the GDT!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

fartknocker posted:

See ya in the GDT!

Well yeah. :D

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

That's Thursday Night as poo poo.

fartknocker posted:

See ya in the GDT!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Woof

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Should be fun to watch Caleb vs...is Keenum still the Texans backup?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

See ya in the GDT!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
New kickoffs ahoy

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1772612546467369005

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey now. This is interesting.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1772612311179579506?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hell yeah the XFL kickoff owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eChnUrXXV9s

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
This rules

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Wowwwww I can’t believe they did it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not great for the Saints

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1772617510342345035?t=VEmEaZuJkGc3wIsN_T_ZtA&s=19

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Some rules:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39812700/nfl-owners-approve-massive-revamp-kickoff-play

During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard line. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Can't wait for 1st overall in a draft with no qbs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I am so stoked for the XFL kickoff

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Silly Burrito posted:

Some rules:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39812700/nfl-owners-approve-massive-revamp-kickoff-play

During the 2024 season, kickers will continue to kick from the 35-yard line, but the other 10 players on the kickoff team will line up at the receiving team's 40-yard line. At least nine members of the return team will line up in a "setup zone" between the 35- and 30-yard line. Up to two returners can line up in a "landing zone" between the goal line and the 20-yard line.

No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or a player inside the landing zone. Touchbacks will be marked at the 30-yard line, and no fair catches will be allowed. In the event a team wants to attempt an onside kick, it will have to inform officials of its intent and would then be allowed to use the NFL's traditional formation. No surprise onside kicks will be allowed.

Touchbacks at the 30 is good incentive to drop it in the zone.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

One weird side effect of this is since college doesn't do it, Roster bubble players from this year's draft are going to be in higher demand for a few years, as they at least know what the hell to do on the play.

Think about how little time team's are going to want to devote to teaching this play with limited practice time.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

One weird side effect of this is since college doesn't do it, Roster bubble players from this year's draft are going to be in higher demand for a few years, as they at least know what the hell to do on the play.

Think about how little time team's are going to want to devote to teaching this play with limited practice time.

Gonna be a lot of Music City Miracles.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

There's all sorts of fascinating stuff with this play. Like I presume wedges are illegal, but can you move around pre-ball landing as long as you keep your feet on your line? Can you pass teammates?

Receiving team has the disadvantage of not being able to see when the ball lands and the kicking team at the same time, so more read and react based for them.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They pushed back the trade deadline!

... one week

fart

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
New kick-off seems cool and good. Rules really put it on a path for it to be a dynamic part of the game while making it safer.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

By the time the Eagles are eliminated from the playoffs next season Nick Sirianni is a Ghana
This didnt get enough love.

Kalli posted:

... one week

fart
Better than nothing! Though does confirm that owners are cowards.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I hope TFF is ready for a fun, novel discussion: would Devin Hester make the Hall of Fame with those kickoff rules?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kalli posted:

... one week

fart

Week 13 deadline would be best. Hockey trades are great and done right at the end of the season. Let the 7-6/6-7 teams panic buy to satisfy their fans already, NFL

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So you just use a running back as a returner now right?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

mcmagic posted:

So you just use a running back as a returner now right?

I was thinking that or the tiny shifty receiver that gets very little playing time but every team has.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Cavauro posted:

it's worse than trying to catch a beyblade made out of a large circular saw blade. it's ridiculously unsafe. the current suggestions and changes are to prevent the circular saw beyblade catchers from using strong metal pipes to enforce some sort of resistance because the pipes sometimes causes the circular saw beyblades to receive nicks and chips in them.

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

I was thinking that or the tiny shifty receiver that gets very little playing time but every team has.

I think basically anyone you'd want to run a screen with.

I do wonder if this starts like making TE's who are absolutely 0's as blockers less valuable or safeties more valuable. Like, the way this worked in the XFL is practically an extra 1st down worth of yardage to start a drive, that could be a fairly significant amount.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sono posted:

They barely get a piece of LA.

I try to say this as often as possible. Nobody talks about anything but the Dodgers and Lakers here, like ever. Even when the Kings won the Stanley Cup.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1772640872506556584?s=46

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Kalli posted:

There's all sorts of fascinating stuff with this play. Like I presume wedges are illegal, but can you move around pre-ball landing as long as you keep your feet on your line? Can you pass teammates?

No. I can't find the exact text, but the NFL bullet points state that the 10 kicking team players have to line up with one foot on the 40 yard line and can't move until the ball is caught or touches the ground, and all players in the setup zone (9 or 10 players on the receiving team) can't move either. Only the returner(s) can move prior to the kick landing.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The loving gently caress??

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:rubby: Completely dunking on the NBA. :bisonyes:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

I try to say this as often as possible. Nobody talks about anything but the Dodgers and Lakers here, like ever. Even when the Kings won the Stanley Cup.

Yeah. It's not just the Chargers. Rams, Angels, Clippers, Ducks, Kings, USC, UCLA, etc

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The loving gently caress??

yeah, do the participating teams play the previous saturday or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

kiimo posted:

My brother thought the Kings in Sacramento (NBA) were the same as the Kings in LA (NHL) for the longest time lol