Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

You won't believe this, but it seems right off the bat that Thomas and Alito aren't on board with mifepristone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

kazil posted:

You won't believe this, but it seems right off the bat that Thomas and Alito aren't on board with mifepristone

Well, as medical doctors and scientists they're well equipped to evaluate those claims.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

kazil posted:

He didn’t take John Oliver’s bus offer? drat.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Log082 posted:

no loving way what

jesus christ that's real, I looked it up on local news what the gently caress

Are your dad and uncle OK?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Barometer posted:

It wasn't the jews, Manchin has released the Mothman. No bridges are safe!

What if the Mothman's jewish?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

resident posted:

Lmao it’s pegged to $69 right now.

mods plz

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I’m going to publicly call out the judge in my criminal trial on social media. NBD.

When you're a star they let you do it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We can save mifeprestone if we pronounce it miffeh preh stoney and convince the Italian judges it is some kind of pasta dish

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Years ago i worked with someone that always complained about how busy they were and how unfairly they’re treated and eventually started whining about the leadership TO the leadership. They got fired within 2 weeks of publicly criticizing leadership in a departmental “town hall”. When their work was reassigned, we found that they weren’t actually doing any work at all, just shuffling their tasks around a schedule but never making any progress.

Reminds me a lot of Trump. But instead of an entry level data analyst job, he was president of the United States. And half the country listens to his incessant whining and says, “more please”

:lol:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

More like 30% but they vote pretty reliably. Anyway here’s why you can’t guilt trip me into voting:

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

We can save mifeprestone if we pronounce it miffeh preh stoney and convince the Italian judges it is some kind of pasta dish

lol you’ve made a couple posts this morning that really hit it out of the park

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I don’t know. Clinton ran on the whole “look at what a monster this man is, your kids are watching don’t gently caress this up” thing and it didn’t work, but I chalk that up to Dems in swing states not turning out for that election because they just had 8 years of Obama and incumbent parties just…don’t usually turn out. Also swing voters, whose number one reason for voting is usually “to give the other party a chance.”

I do think things will be different this time, but how and how much is…up in the air still? Either way, at least they look like they’re taking it seriously, which is a relief.

For the record I was referring to Bill here, not Hillary. Sorry for all the posting that happened overnight. If you understand 90s campaign staff mindset a lot of weird decisions start to make sense.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

beef sweat posted:

Years ago i worked with someone that always complained about how busy they were and how unfairly they’re treated and eventually started whining about the leadership TO the leadership. They got fired within 2 weeks of publicly criticizing leadership in a departmental “town hall”. When their work was reassigned, we found that they weren’t actually doing any work at all, just shuffling their tasks around a schedule but never making any progress.

Reminds me a lot of Trump. But instead of an entry level data analyst job, he was president of the United States. And half the country listens to his incessant whining and says, “more please”

:lol:

You think he wasn't doing work? Did you completely forget Infrastructure Week?!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

That boat in Baltimore was just feeling economic anxiety

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Well it did roll coal during the incident.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

withak posted:

Well it did roll coal during the incident.

Marine Diesels are super-dirty, but joking aside it was coaling like that because they lost power to the engine entirely and they were restarting it trying to get it into full reverse as quickly as possible, so going from dead to full reverse is gonna result in some coaling as the turbine spins up again and the engine starts trying to return to power.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Marine Diesels are super-dirty, but joking aside it was coaling like that because they lost power to the engine entirely and they were restarting it trying to get it into full reverse as quickly as possible, so going from dead to full reverse is gonna result in some coaling as the turbine spins up again and the engine starts trying to return to power.

No it was rolling coal.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

nerox posted:

I was just thinking about how he must have them run opposition research on every judge, just like they would a political opponent.
why in the world would you think that?

"______________ is a trump hating judge who hates trump, me, so much! they built their career "hating trump"! they are connected to _______________! a democrat who also wants to "get trump"! never before has this biggest thing ever been done has been done to trump, me! they hate children ands puppies and will eat your freedom!!"

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

cr0y posted:

That boat in Baltimore was just feeling economic anxiety

Mostly at its front which, strangely enough, didn't fall off in this instance.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Still going after the judge. Wants to move case to Staten Island (gee wonder why)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I feel like toilet stroke is really dropping the ball here.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

THEY WAITED THREE YEARS TO PROSECUTE ME FOR MY CRIMES. ITS INLY FAIR THST I ALSO GET TO DELAY ANOTHER THREE YEARS!!!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1772636845869814153
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1772619621457154389

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Frank Frank posted:

I’ve driven on that bridge :stonk:
Absolutely cannot show this to my wife or I’ll never get her on the Bay Bridge again.

yeah don't show her that footage of the bay bridge collapsing in 1989.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Repetition can be a super effective way of getting an idea out there. And Donny sure is good at repetition.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I can no longer tell the difference between news cycle talking points and complete, unfettered psychosis.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

We're still several years away from having a full picture of what happened, but I am going to say right now that these theories are not correct.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"how can we leverage a story about a container ship running into a bridge into more racism against central and south americans?"

cptInsane0
Apr 11, 2007

...and a clown with no head
Even when it was the boats, I knew it was the immigrants.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Obviously the engine was drug addled.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I was prepared for lols this week and so far it has not delivered

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
It's terrible that this happened but the good news is this tragedy has unveiled a vast untapped resource of bridge design experts that we can use going forward.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

We’re just missing why this is LGBT’s fault somehow

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
the guy who told me last week that the Boeing plane failures were caused by DEI

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

We're still several years away from having a full picture of what happened, but I am going to say right now that these theories are not correct.

But you DONT KNOW MAN so we must continue to speculate wildly on national television

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I bring an :lol:

quote:

While arguing against a proposal for safe storage requirements for firearms, Minnesota state Sen. Warren Limmer (R-Maple Grove) contended that rural citizens need guns readily available to deal with cows. “You even walk too close to a cow, and it’ll take you down and trample you into dust,” Limmer said.

“Fumbling around with a lock while a cow or a bull or any other animal is going after your daughter or your son — you can’t fumble around with a key or try and find the lockbox or put your thumb on a biometric key of some sort in your home while the danger is outside. This bill puts those individuals in even more danger.”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Hey look that cow level is no loving joke.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Monica Bellucci posted:

What if the Mothman's jewish?

Mothman sadly died today when someone left the space laser on too long and he flew into the beam, film at 11.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Random Stranger posted:

Seems pretty clear that the ship lost power and drifted into the bridge :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Legit question for rural americans- how do i kill the 30-50 feral cows that run into my yard while my small children play?