Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

mcbexx posted:

Reminds me of the guy whose father fumbled around and accidentally activated/unlocked FSD and was charged like 15k on his credit card.

i thought it was a flat monthly or yearly subscription is there DLC for it or something

edit: apparently it just costs that much lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

RBC posted:

lol the ship was woke

boaty mcwokeface

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Transes are knocking down our bridges with their gay boats!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
If only cargo ships used tunnels with lowered air resistance

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Boring Company is already working on prototype tunnels to replace this bridge

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

moist turtleneck posted:

God Dammit, I lol'd

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

sharknado slashfic posted:

It was built in the 70s ffs. There was a construction crew working on it when it collapsed!

Did that crew have pronouns and feels?

Or genders?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What they're not saying is the crew was waiting for door dash deliveries because their histamine response doesn't allow them to eat leftovers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

ynohtna posted:

Did that crew have pronouns and feels?

Or genders?

I suppose we'll never know

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
woke cargo ship, woke bridge, woke city

you’d never see something like this in Oklahoma

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Woke bridge construction is a bit surprising I figured Musk would've blamed it on DEI pilots. Maybe he needs to find one of the dumbest accounts tweeting that so he can reply "Yeah" to it before it enters his mind.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

it definitely isn't from both parties destroying unions and gutting every federal state and local agency.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

its a Singaporean ship from one of the news reports so i think its just a horrible accident

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Elon if you're listening please do this take

https://twitter.com/Bubblebathgirl/status/1772600662544515241?t=UDi1ZBCLs3NF-uKnKnrtSw&s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm glad they confirmed it, we would have no proof otherwise

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Bubblebathgirl has said the actual truth

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
These people have less critical reasoning than a chihuahua. They see the bad words and start barking.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Elon, thank you.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1770809069558714695

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the bridge was already terminal

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Ruled by Karens, somehow

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1772569731712577907?t=hTgOn4-b4M8pWwti7IZiWw&s=19

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

tfw u are a very important person in society

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

moist turtleneck posted:

we could revolutionize society but the woke Rachel maddow lovers itt aren't ready for that conversation

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Honest question when did the right break their collective brain so bad over loving Twitter? Like it was never this bad on Facebook or anything else but every right wing freak starts to hyperventilate about their engagement numbers if you mention Twitter

many right wingers are/were convinced the reason they aren't cool and beloved and popular isn't because their ideas are bad or they are personally obnoxious, it's because "the wokes" (broadly defined) are censoring them and their great ideas from getting out there and if only "the wokes" weren't censoring them, they'd be the cool alphagigachads that they fancy they actually are. ol' musky promised them that he would stop the censorship and give them free speech so they'd finally be cool and popular and beloved. there have also been studies that what conservatives want isn't so much "a place to be conservative" as "a place to force progressives to read their opinions/a place to troll people that don't like/a place to force people to read their opinions", which is basically what ol' musky promised them. so the constant reminder that they're not actually cool/popular/beloved is very upsetting to them (ol' musky included) because it can't be that their ideas are bad and/or they are personally obnoxious and unbearable people, it must be The Wokes are Censoring Me Again!!!

and the creep of it is how you get zany poo poo like "ah yes the bridge in baltimore collapsed because of Wokeness", because "Woke" becomes "anything i don't like." like there USED to be burly construction workers but now there were a bunch of miscellaneous people with rainbow hair standing around a girder all "sorry boss i can't weld dis steel until we decide what gender it is!" like, it's hilarious and absurd to think about, but it's actually what they think. and it's doubly funny because they are largely the ones who have been pushing "major in computer science and learn to code, scrub."

you can also see this on the left actually, like the people i'm making fun of are convinced that if we simply stop all the government interference in twitter etc. to combat "misinformation/hate speech", we'd have a glorious communist utopia to talk about palestine and communism. it's not that they are weirdos with weird ideas like "we should be watching weirdos like tucker carlson and glenn greenwald and matt taibbi to get the truth and the twitter files were the most important journalism of our time", it's "the cia and nsa are censoring me so the truth just isn't getting out there". it's why they're so flummoxed when you say "yeah, we know, 'government tries to influence population' is, like, the least compelling story ever". like, you can go on the CIA's website and read documents from their archives about MKULTRA. you can walk into most of the major bookstores by my house (I checked!) and buy legacy of ashes covering all the screwed up things the CIA has done. if you don't have money, many of my local libraries have it in physical, audiobook, ebook, etc. the truth is already out there, no one cares.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth has issued a correction as of 16:02 on Mar 26, 2024

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

many right wingers are/were convinced the reason they aren't cool and beloved and popular isn't because their ideas are bad or they are personally obnoxious, it's because "the wokes" (broadly defined) are censoring them and their great ideas from getting out there and if only "the wokes" weren't censoring them, they'd be the cool alphagigachads that they fancy they actually are. ol' musky promised them that he would stop the censorship and give them free speech so they'd finally be cool and popular and beloved. there have also been studies that what conservatives want isn't so much "a place to be conservative" as "a place to force progressives to read their opinions/a place to troll people that don't like/a place to force people to read their opinions", which is basically what ol' musky promised them. so the constant reminder that they're not actually cool/popular/beloved is very upsetting to them (ol' musky included) because it can't be that their ideas are bad and/or they are personally obnoxious and unbearable people, it must be The Wokes are Censoring Me Again!!!

and the creep of it is how you get zany poo poo like "ah yes the bridge in baltimore collapsed because of Wokeness", because "Woke" becomes "anything i don't like." like there USED to be burly construction workers but now there were a bunch of miscellaneous people with rainbow hair standing around a girder all "sorry boss i can't weld dis steel until we decide what gender it is!" like, it's hilarious and absurd to think about, but it's actually what they think. and it's doubly funny because they are largely the ones who have been pushing "major in computer science and learn to code, scrub."

you can also see this on the left actually, like the people i'm making fun of are convinced that if we simply stop all the government interference in twitter etc. to combat "misinformation/hate speech", we'd have a glorious communist utopia to talk about palestine and communism. it's not that they are weirdos with weird ideas like "we should be watching weirdos like tucker carlson and glenn greenwald and matt taibbi to get the truth and the twitter files were the most important journalism of our time", it's "the cia and nsa are censoring me so the truth just isn't getting out there". it's why they're so flummoxed when you say "yeah, we know, 'government tries to influence population' is, like, the least compelling story ever". like, you can go on the CIA's website and read documents from their archives about MKULTRA. you can walk into most of the major bookstores by my house (I checked!) and buy legacy of ashes covering all the screwed up things the CIA has done. if you don't have money, many of my local libraries have it in physical, audiobook, ebook, etc. the truth is already out there, no one cares.

concerning

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

yeah except for me. the iridescent CIA wokies are actually censoring my posts and replacing them with bad ones to make you think im not funny

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

Hot dog

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Went on vacation last week and one of my friends rented a Tesla. He asked if I wanted to drive it and I was like "yeah, sure, what do you think of it" and he was like "lol just drive it and tell me what you think".

It was a Tesla 3. Jesus that car is a piece of poo poo lol like it's insane how bad of a car it is. It's an incredibly bumpy ride, regenerative braking took forever to get used to. Even the lever to put it into reverse and drive is like overengineered and different for the sake of being different. It took my friend like 10 minutes to figure out how to start the drat thing. I'm 5'8" and I hit my head getting into the back seat and I had like maybe an inch of headroom. My VW Golf is a superior car in almost every way lol it's incredible how bad that car is

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
If the ship had used autopilot then this would not have happened.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/1772621587461615843

Single source of truth

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Nenonen posted:

If the ship had used autopilot then this would not have happened.

if you average it out over several laps the ship actually avoided every pylon

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Thank you Andrew

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
they're releasing photos of the pilots that were onboard and one of them looks a lot like rachel maddow wearing a fake mustache

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

they're releasing photos of the pilots that were onboard and one of them looks a lot like rachel maddow wearing a fake mustache

!

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

the milk machine posted:

maddow?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

Went on vacation last week and one of my friends rented a Tesla. He asked if I wanted to drive it and I was like "yeah, sure, what do you think of it" and he was like "lol just drive it and tell me what you think".

It was a Tesla 3. Jesus that car is a piece of poo poo lol like it's insane how bad of a car it is. It's an incredibly bumpy ride, regenerative braking took forever to get used to. Even the lever to put it into reverse and drive is like overengineered and different for the sake of being different. It took my friend like 10 minutes to figure out how to start the drat thing. I'm 5'8" and I hit my head getting into the back seat and I had like maybe an inch of headroom. My VW Golf is a superior car in almost every way lol it's incredible how bad that car is

You just don't know how to use it properly

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
woke ship and woke bridge

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

If the captain was more worried about steering the ship than they were about GENDER, this wouldn't have happened

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
It's extremely funny to turn on a free trial of FSD when a lot of the nation is still getting snow. Here in MN its going to be even more pointless/dangerous than usual given you cannot see a line in the road.

Hopefully [REDACTED].

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Ocean's 9/11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

drat so the bridge collapsed because it was woke but the ship was deliberately crashed into it as a woke attack??? this thing goes all the way to the top