Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Phil really mentioned Kenny on Raw? What'd he say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Phil really mentioned Kenny on Raw? What'd he say?

b+ player, can be carried, you know the drill

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

He called him Kenny Beta as Michael Cole screamed "oh my goodness!!!"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Getting real hard to tell what's something that actually happened on wwe tv vs people making jokes lol

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

He also called Danhausen a bitch and a liar and said he used to have respect for him but no more

Give the ghoul his boots back

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Hope Phil is happy being his true self in WWE, where he can finally use "man in a dress" as an insult and give Cornette a shoutout. Must be tiring pandering to the AEW crowd by wearing trans/women rights t-shirts to the ring or posing with a ringside fan carrying a social justice sign all the time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

quote:

I was serving time in a prison run by a couple of counterfeit bucks, a Beta Brawler and a Tiny Con

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
kenneh…

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

explosivo posted:

Getting real hard to tell what's something that actually happened on wwe tv vs people making jokes lol

I'm sorry; much like my favorite wrestler, Bryan Danielson, I love to lie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Yeah, shooting himself in the foot by calling Drew McIntyre a man in a dress and name-dropping Cornette's podcasts!!!!

Makes sense. Punk and Cornette have done the same pattern of making GBS threads on the Young Bucks, asking to do a program with the Young Bucks as a reward, then getting indignant when they were refused.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Hope Phil is happy being his true self in WWE, where he can finally use "man in a dress" as an insult and give Cornette a shoutout. Must be tiring pandering to the AEW crowd by wearing trans/women rights t-shirts to the ring or posing with a ringside fan carrying a social justice sign all the time.

Pepsi Phil should be exiled to the Cornette thread moving forward

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

On a totally different subject, it's been a week and I'm still thinking about the Cage/Copeland blowoff :allears: Cope hit him right in the balls. Over and over. Those two old men took some crazy bumps.

My one knock is I wish Bryce had kept the mic closer to Christian when he tried to fire off one last "Go gently caress yourself" but it's a small thing in a match that really was so much fun.

It's been awesome seeing Copeland adapt to this new environment with such a fun feud and I'm definitely thinking he'll have a short reign that'll build to a Garcia rematch where Garcia takes the title. In the meantime I'm looking forward to more fun open challenges. Maybe Anthony Ogogo, Nick Comoroto, or Brian Cage, and then toss in some crazier stuff like you did with Suzuki and we're cooking. As long as the challengers get mic time and shine in the ring like the last Cope Open run I think we're in for a fun few weeks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

On a totally different subject, it's been a week and I'm still thinking about the Cage/Copeland blowoff :allears: Cope hit him right in the balls. Over and over. Those two old men took some crazy bumps.

My one knock is I wish Bryce had kept the mic closer to Christian when he tried to fire off one last "Go gently caress yourself" but it's a small thing in a match that really was so much fun.

It's been awesome seeing Copeland adapt to this new environment with such a fun feud and I'm definitely thinking he'll have a short reign that'll build to a Garcia rematch where Garcia takes the title. In the meantime I'm looking forward to more fun open challenges. Maybe Anthony Ogogo, Nick Comoroto, or Brian Cage, and then toss in some crazier stuff like you did with Suzuki and we're cooking. As long as the challengers get mic time and shine in the ring like the last Cope Open run I think we're in for a fun few weeks.

Ogogo showing up on Collision is the kind of cooking AEW needs.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
are we allowed to call it the "copen"?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Hell, I'd be upset if you didn't.

Another name I think would be fun in the Copen: Kyle Fletcher. Not that he needs help with shine or anything but the idea of the match just tickles me.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bile Feltcher

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
thank you

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Bile Retcher was right there!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
watching the i quit match, really strong spots, holy loving poo poo the inverted ladder bump my mouth literally hung open.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MorningMoon posted:

watching the i quit match, really strong spots, holy loving poo poo the inverted ladder bump my mouth literally hung open.

All these years later and those two still doing poo poo with ladders we’ve never seen

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Garcia is a definite possibility I also think that they might circle around back to Starks from when Copeland first appeared in AEW. I feel like Starks/Bill has run it's course and Starks is overdue for a TNT title run. (I personally think TNT is Stark's ceiling in a company as stacked as AEW but it's about time he hit that ceiling). Also Big Bill should team with Hobbs to complete the Team Taz trifecta. (Hook didn't become an active wrestler until Team Taz wasn't really a thing anymore).

Also there is a downside to Ospreay in AEW: it feels like he simultaneously and inadvertently stole the spotlight from everything else going on the company. Like I care about Swerve about 15% less since Ospreay has shown up. I was not on board with Ospreay winning the world title at Wembly this year but striking when the iron is hot is a thing and Ospreay's iron is absolutely molten right now. It feels like a shortish rein for Swerve but if he gets to main in at worst the second biggest show in AEW's history against a guy who will make the pops Steve Austin got in the attitude era sound like mid-card mat wrestling pops in comparison it's a decent consolation prize.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 26, 2024

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard Garcia and Menard decribed, I think on POST, as "the new Edgeheads" and I was shocked by the trueness but insanity of such a statement

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Guillermus posted:

Completely forgot about this
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1772310584429555869?t=VYqtdmGx4NkIRio7A4RwHg&s=19

It was more or less when I started to watch AEW weekly

I didn't know I could love my forever champ even more, but somehow now I do.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Bile Retcher was right there!!

Sloppy qop.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
holy gently caress that's how you earn an I QUIT :stare:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

explosivo posted:

It's been that way for years for me. I honestly stopped trying to figure it out and just vibe

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Cope has been having so much fun in AEW so far and it's been really great seeing him adjust to AEW's unwalled garden like he has. And I wasn't someone who really bought into his act in WWE, either.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember that we got Edge vs Minoru Suzuki on tv lol just like, for fun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

I do not remember that because I do not want to get AEW in any kind of legal jeopardy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

projecthalaxy posted:

:allears:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

:allears:

Wrestling rules.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

projecthalaxy posted:

The look on Cope's face the first time Suzuki hit him justified that booking on its own.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

But we aren't supposed to have fun with TV, we are supposed to get like, cinema

jokes aside, I loving love that we got to see a match like Cope vs Suzuki or... Danielson vs Shibata

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CombineThresher posted:

The look on Cope's face the first time Suzuki hit him justified that booking on its own.

Do we have a gif of that

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Apparently ThrillerTV (Fite) is airing Dynasty for non-VPN Americans as well (for double price compared to the Euros).

Kennel fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 26, 2024

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The big reason I'm sad because of no Danhausen is that I know of a streamer who got into pro wrestling because of seeing Danhausen clips.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I liked the thing they did with Danhausen where he showed up as his evil version in the preshow match and cleared house [in a carefully choreographed sequence] but if you're then gonna revert him to his goofball squash jobber persona there's very little you can continue to do with that idea.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Isn’t Danhausen supposed to be a pretty good wrestler who leant into the gimmick because ‘guy who wrestles good’ wasn’t getting him anywhere?

I always thought they’d do an ‘oh poo poo, this weirdo can actually go in the ring’ routine after he debuted, but that never even came close to happening

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

He's passable, but would probably look downright bad compared to most of the AEW roster if he wrestled regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Answers Me posted:

Isn’t Danhausen supposed to be a pretty good wrestler who leant into the gimmick because ‘guy who wrestles good’ wasn’t getting him anywhere?

I always thought they’d do an ‘oh poo poo, this weirdo can actually go in the ring’ routine after he debuted, but that never even came close to happening

He's decent, but this isn't an Orange Cassidy situation by any means.