Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm about to be off for paternity leave so the amount of baseball I'm going to watch in the next 2 months is going to own. Baseball seems like the perfect thing to have on in the background while tending to a baby.

Congrats!! That's amazing timing too, not just for baseball, but for going out on stroller walks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'm about to be off for paternity leave so the amount of baseball I'm going to watch in the next 2 months is going to own. Baseball seems like the perfect thing to have on in the background while tending to a baby.

It's actually Premier League Darts when you're up at 3am, but baseball is good too.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Holy poo poo it's almost opening day.

It feels real when the TMobile free MLBtv hits.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ChiTownEddie posted:

It feels real when the TMobile free MLBtv hits.

oh poo poo thanks for the reminder!

I was trying to watch spring training the other night and it wasn't working and i said to my partner "Didn't I just sign up for this again earlier?" She said "that was literally a year ago now". Ah yes. so it was. :|

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/1772382222399455243

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Oh hey. It's "Install the T-Mobile app for a few minutes and then delete it" day!

Yay free baseball.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Did Jordan Montgomery sign yet

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Congrats! That's awesome. My oldest is almost 10 and she got into watching Cubs games with me last year, it was pretty great.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

explosivo posted:

Yeah I had this realization last night when I put BOS/TEX on in the background. Really snuck up!
To me it's taken forever because of that Seoul Series false start

Paul Zuvella posted:

That does sound good

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Newborns are perfect for baseball watching. Enjoy it!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Shinjobi posted:

The house money continues for the Texas Rangers. I never left cloud nine.

What's that? They're in last place and they fell into a pit into the abyss? Ah well, whaddya gonna do?:shobon:

Having been there, let me promise you, by August you're going to be rageposting about Bochy's bullpen usage and not giving young players enough of a chance

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Canario doesn’t make the roster: goddamn it, this organization is such rear end

WezNasty doesn’t make the roster: Let’s fuckin’ gooooooooo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Which lifelong fandom will you be afflicting on this innocent human, OP

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

My son became an Angels fan last year about this time. :cry:

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

habeasdorkus posted:

If you're referring to Griffin, he's from the Dominican Republic and ain't white.

Also Griffin making the all star game is hilarious. He was there as the guest of teammate Damaso Garcia. Just before the game, actual all-star Alan Trammell got hurt and couldn't play. So since they were a guy short and Griffin was already in town and going to the game anyways, he got a seat upgrade.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2019/07/09/alfredo-griffin-mlb-all-star-game-selection-snubs

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I've spent the last couple seasons silent, watching, listening, learning. This season I'm ready to jump in and shitpost, tiempo de Friars LFGSD

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

My childhood was spent watching the yankees do nothing but win for 10 years and my daughters childhood will be spent watching them flounder in mediocrity. Karma is a bitch

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

My childhood was spent watching the yankees do nothing but win for 10 years and my daughters childhood will be spent watching them flounder in mediocrity. Karma is a bitch
My Dodgers fandom has been pretty blessed but I don't think it's come close to what my father got. The Dodgers moved to LA when he was 5 years old, and won the WS when he was 6, 10, and 12. He saw a Koufax no-hitter in person along with one of the 1963 WS games. I think he said it was game 4, which was a Koufax CG to complete the sweep and the only time they've clinched a title at Dodger Stadium. If it wasn't that game then it was Game 3, a Drysdale CGSO. They won twice more in his 30's, he was at the Kirk Gibson game, and he also managed to catch Kershaw's no-hitter in person.

blessed boomers, man

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Well I'm a childless 52 year old M's fan. If you dummies want to pool some money to pay for their college when I'm in my 70's, I'll consider doing the needful for a future M's title.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Congrats! Watching baseball while a newborn sleeps on your chest is incredible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dinosaurs! posted:

Congrats! Watching baseball while a newborn sleeps on your chest is incredible.

my cat does this. his poo poo is easier to clean up though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

zoux posted:

Well, at least you have electric Nationals baseball to keep your mind off the $20 miller lite bottles

No wonder Brett Kav racked up six figgies of debt there.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Cardinals are calling up Victor Scott to replace Dylan Carlson who is going on the IL

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

bawfuls posted:

My Dodgers fandom has been pretty blessed but I don't think it's come close to what my father got. The Dodgers moved to LA when he was 5 years old, and won the WS when he was 6, 10, and 12. He saw a Koufax no-hitter in person along with one of the 1963 WS games. I think he said it was game 4, which was a Koufax CG to complete the sweep and the only time they've clinched a title at Dodger Stadium. If it wasn't that game then it was Game 3, a Drysdale CGSO. They won twice more in his 30's, he was at the Kirk Gibson game, and he also managed to catch Kershaw's no-hitter in person.

blessed boomers, man

I was at the game where the Rays clinched the playoffs for the first time ever and it was the coolest. They didn't just shoot champagne at each other in the clubhouse, they did a full lap of the field shooting champagne into the stands. On the drive home there were people calling into the postgame radio show crying about how they've been watching this team since 1998 and didn't think they'd ever see it.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Cardinals are calling up Victor Scott to replace Dylan Carlson who is going on the IL

I feel terrible for Dylan because he had a really good spring but this is pretty exciting man. This dude is gonna be good

duomo
Oct 9, 2007

Soiled Meat
Paw Patrol knows the toe is going to flare up again?

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1772685638552158642

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I am losing my mind over the fact that the guy's name is nolan gorman instead of norman gorman. DO SOMETHING MANFRED!!!!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Normal Gormley

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

duomo posted:

Aaron Judge is a cop confirmed

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Poque posted:

We would love to start on the road every season, but unfortunately, so would every other team. Even the teams in warmer-weather cities want to push as many home games to summer as possible because attendance isn't just based on weather, but school. There's no "usually" about scheduling. League refused to start us on the road in 2015 when we specifically requested as long as possible to get the new video boards up and running.

Was 2015 the year the bathrooms were messed up for the first homestand too?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

more falafel please posted:

The Piss Cup Opener

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

I am losing my mind over the fact that the guy's name is nolan gorman instead of norman gorman. DO SOMETHING MANFRED!!!!!

Classic league office protecting STL

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

more falafel please posted:

believe so!

btw, I THINK it was you who asked about the shuttle - they are still going to be dropping off at the same location as last year, but people with ADA needs will be dropped off closer to Jeni's and Gallagher Way. So hopefully that will help out your dad.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

duomo posted:

Me the next time Judge goes on the IL:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popete posted:

Aaron Judge is a cop confirmed

i hate you for this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mcmagic posted:

i hate you for this

he hated him because he spoke the truth

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Orioles/status/1772684145459618280

Heyyy good for Tony

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1772686562339271113

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Nats are so bad they're getting demolished by the worst team in the league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
That's the current Nationals beating the future Nationals, which is really funny when you think about what that implies for the Nats future.