Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I just got to the twist at the end of the strip club story in episode 2 of versus wolves and WOW EPW's friends take no prisoners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

A good poster posted:

Is Woolie going to just power through the Cabaret storyline before doing any more main plot? He's not even going to get any more hostesses through substories?

It certainly seems like he's just exclusively doing the Cabaret until he finishes it, which while I understand is also kind of boring when he only streams it once a week. Though I've also just seen other people play through it recently in half the time it takes Woolie so that's not helping the watchability for me. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

instant karma
https://x.com/Seraphilia/status/1771010539449438400?s=20

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:laffo:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

pat paige, woolie and velyndra are playing helldivers 2 together right now, and it's incredible

woolie tried to drop pod into a robot dropship and just clipped right through, and was like "awwwww I wanted to do the cool thing"

then he drop pods in near one a little while later and somehow it registers as hitting it and destroys it, but nobody noticed the cool thing he did lol

then paige got stuck under the wreckage of it and everyone crawled underneath to get her

e: this stream is incredible. pat just casually takes out a turret and then walks backwards right into a pit and dies instantly

Now on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwGQjpKIaso

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Someone edited their comment that mentioned this, but LOL yeah at them not muting themselves on discord during the beginning of Helldivers. I didn't know what you meant at first but it's very funny how they're professionals and just letting open mic blast.

Is Helldivers worth the 40 bones? I'm finally getting to the gameplay of the vod now and I assume it's very fun. All I know about the game is that it's Space Troopers and whenever I see the community anywhere talking about it the dialogue is always toxic and angry ha. Either about the devs or the meta or other players.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Mar 23, 2024

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

It's a pretty good game provided you don't get overly serious about getting randomly exploded, usually by teammates.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I was under the impression that comedic clusterfucks was part of that dev's brand.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ConanThe3rd posted:

I was under the impression that comedic clusterfucks was part of that dev's brand.

They're the Magicka devs. So yeah it's what they love

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

HD2 is a very good game that also manages to somehow keep reintroducing bugs ranging from minor to the recent issue of "using these specific group of stratagems can just outright crash games while there also being no way to actually rejoin easily". Give it more time to cook at this rate frankly.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I tried to use the official Woolie pawn in DD2 and noticed 1) it seems to be tied to his actual Steam account and 2) it's stuck at lvl 2 because he's not playing the game lol.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, Pat explained that in the stream VOD posted above. The guest pawns are just, that player's pawn.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I tried to use the official Woolie pawn in DD2 and noticed 1) it seems to be tied to his actual Steam account and 2) it's stuck at lvl 2 because he's not playing the game lol.

He just finished making it better and also taller. I think it was level 10 by the end of the stream.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Where can I submit junk to Woolie or Pat's random viewing streams?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I believe they open submissions occasionally and then are immediately inundated by hundreds of people within minutes and close them shortly after. so good luck

I've never managed to catch them when they're open, which sucks because I really wanna have Woolie watch The TV Show, one of my favorite videos ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ9YtJC-Kd8

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
That takes me back. I really wouldn't be too surprised if he's seen it already but that's a great pick regardless.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
Some of the submissions are pretty neat and then some of them are just very boring Vtuber clips you probably won't get anything out of if you're not already deep into the culture.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Clerical Terrors posted:

Some of the submissions are pretty neat and then some of them are just very boring Vtuber clips boring Vtuber clips boring Vtuber clips boring Vtuber clips boring Vtuber clips.

Not sure why you kept repeating yourself like that but yeah.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tfw when you post by just repeatedly hitting your phone's auto complete

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Warbird posted:

oh you're that guy

you should chill out. or stop

choopercabra
Aug 8, 2006

A good poster posted:

Where can I submit junk to Woolie or Pat's random viewing streams?

https://x.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1767955546940776791?s=20

You have to either follow them on twitter or check the subreddit. I managed to catch this one and sent in something very normiecore, if only to see how long it will take to show up if it makes it in.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Warbird posted:

It vexes me

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

oh you're that guy

you should chill out. or stop

Friend while I don’t understand or care for the medium I’m glad you take pleasure in it. However a large portion of the folks sharing clips of the stuff do so in such a way that it’s an indecipherable “Livvy rizzed up baby gronk something something dripp king” deal but more anime. I don’t think that’s a controversial take.

To your credit you have been good about deciphering it so good on you there.

Actually this does present a good opportunity. What a Kson? I know it’s the Yakuza fan lady but she’s also apparently a vtuber? Not sure about as as best I can tell it’s just some, ya know, actual person and not an avatar.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kson is a youtuber who sometimes vtubes with an avatar that looks like herself. She also used to vtube with one of the major agencies using an avatar that didn't look like herself.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Warbird posted:

Friend while I don’t understand or care for the medium I’m glad you take pleasure in it. However a large portion of the folks sharing clips of the stuff do so in such a way that it’s an indecipherable “Livvy rizzed up baby gronk something something dripp king” deal but more anime. I don’t think that’s a controversial take.

To your credit you have been good about deciphering it so good on you there.

Actually this does present a good opportunity. What a Kson? I know it’s the Yakuza fan lady but she’s also apparently a vtuber? Not sure about as as best I can tell it’s just some, ya know, actual person and not an avatar.
oh if you mean the clips people submit to the slop streams, then yeah, for sure. a lot of the time it requires exterior knowledge or whatever that makes the clip deflated on its own. like, the one clip one of woolie's mods submitted many slop streams ago of the "AI" vtuber, it's pretty good, but requires a lot of context like how the AI vtuber is arguing with its creator, who has cobbled it together into a megazord of multiple programs and algorithms so it's a lot more complicated than the majority of "AI". but that in itself makes it unsuitable for a slop stream, because slop streams are for like, 1-3 minute clips for the most part. There's some decent clips that might fit that are like 10-20 seconds long but other than that I don't think most vtuber clips would vibe, and I think woolie has said as much, he has enjoyed some of the ones submitted but most just are too long or out of context for him. although I do hope someone submits this tweet to him, wherein Katsuhiro Harada has gone full blown fanboy for Rosemi Lovelock, which is hilarious to me
https://twitter.com/Rosemi_Lovelock/status/1771356273356800108

as for Kson, she's a woman from Georgia who moved to Japan and used to be known as Kiryu Coco, the poo poo-talking, no-nonsense biggest name in early Hololive, who was pivotal in creating the Hololive EN branch, had a very popular weekly morning show, shattered cultural norms in Hololive, and was the biggest superchat earner IN THE WORLD for at least a year. She felt restricted by Hololive's rules and quit in July of 2001. She was/is a massive fangirl of the Yakuza franchise, and when she redebuted a few months later as her original streamer name Kson, she took on a cliche "yakuza" design. She then started doing both live and vtuber streaming, and branched out into acting, voice acting, and, as you're probably aware, finally achieved her dream of being in a Yakuza game as herself in live action, first as a hostess in a club, then as an actual polygonal character.

she's crazy charismatic, crazy ambitious, and unabashedly gay, something a lot of vtubers dance around rather than stating outright.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Georgia state or country?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Big Southern American Georgia

Her intro in Yak 8 is just her actual origin

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Captain Invictus posted:

...although I do hope someone submits this tweet to him, wherein Katsuhiro Harada has gone full blown fanboy for Rosemi Lovelock, which is hilarious to me
[url]https://twitter.com/Rosemi_Lovelock/status/1771356273356800108

Forget Tifa, Harada is gonna make Rosemi Season 1 DLC.

(I do agree that a lot of vtuber clips that get submitted are probably too insider baseball for someone like Woolie, even though I watch mostly indie vtuber FGC streamers these days)

Tae posted:

Big Southern American Georgia

Yeah, I believe she lived near Atlanta for a while, because during the few times I've watched her she occasionally mentioned places I was actually familiar with (as a Southerner who visits Atlanta every now and then)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah it's great when she's talking in japanese and then slips right into a southern drawl out of nowhere and starts swearing in english. she's bilingual and did both the english and japanese VA for herself in yakuza 8. according to her they told her to just adlib whenever she wanted and wound up putting a bunch of it in, such as when she started fangirl rambling about kiryu when you first meet her, apparently that was adlibbed and they liked it so put it in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3UXhhmjL1E&hd=1&t=43s

it's just really cool to see someone who was so into the games many years ago and then worked her way up to actually being in the game itself, AS herself.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Mar 25, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

So what the heck is going on with Dragons Dogma? It looks like Pat and mostly Superbeast adjacent people like Gene Park are getting dragged into some crazy poo poo. Also, Sterling is an evil liar now??

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I assume there's a lot of slap fighting from people who really want to defend the game despite having stupid pointless tacked on MTX and people who know nothing about the game and are probably dog piling the stupid MTX and out of context design decisions.

Apparently there was some stuff where a bunch of reviewers knew about the MTX before it was reveled but didn't mention it in reviews, which included Pat.

I assume Sterling went hard on the game for the stupid MTX and was probably hyperbolic (but not inconsistent) in giving it a hard time, and presumably upset some very hardcore fans.

To some credit, it does seem like there's a mixture of some misinformation about the game (someone reported dragon plague effectively loving their save when it wiped out a whole town including critical NPCs, but allegedly that stuff does respawn after enough time or something) and some contention about how much the MTX shortcuts/saves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I remember there was one guy who made a big blowup video about the microtransactions and was completely wrong and had to make a second backdown video, I'm guessing a lot of the reaction is like that.

basically,

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Clip-On Fedora posted:

So what the heck is going on with Dragons Dogma? It looks like Pat and mostly Superbeast adjacent people like Gene Park are getting dragged into some crazy poo poo. Also, Sterling is an evil liar now??

Dragon's Dogma 2 has nagging little microtransactions you can buy. It's in line with the annoying little newbie traps Capcom has pushed for ammo or red orbs or whatever that are in things like the Resident Evil 4 Remake, Devil May Cry 5, the recent Monster Hunter games, etc. They suck, like all microtransactions suck, and maybe even moreso than usual because most of them are pointless things you get at a normal pace in-game?

The biggest outrages were: 1. Buying an Art of Metamorphosis item, which lets you redo how either the player or pawn look. Those are buyabe in-game for 500 rift crystals, which you'll get from your pawn being used by other players or just finding them as treasure in the game. And 2. Buying a portcrystal, which are one of the modes of fast travel. They're acquired in-game and I think there's a formal "cap" of 10 total you can have, ever, so you're just buying yourself one early. And you probably can't use it anyway because you need expend a ferrystone to travel between portcrystals, and those are a limited (and expensive) resource at the start of the game.

It's also worth noting that a lot of these same microtransactions were in the base game of Dragon's Dogma 1, but not the Dark Arisen version. It's scummy behavior, but behavior that has been present in a lot of Capcom games, and other JRPGs for years now. For some reason though, this game's become a particular line in the sand. Some of it is people understandably oblivious to all the context. Some of it is also just escalating into absurd lies, like people being forced to pay for additional save files or that there's absolutely no fast travel without paying out the nose with IRL cash.

It's turned into a noxious swamp. Lot of people on one side finding out about the microtransactions and either not understanding the in-game impact, or hearing the ridiculous lies and harassing anyone who likes the game or promoted it. Then there's that vein of people on the other side who will harass anyone falling for the lies or even being vaguely critical of microtransactions because people can't be normal about a thing they like.

I think some of it's also being fed by gamer rage at the game being a quirky, challenging thing people haven't been trained to swallow as brilliant like Elden Ring. And it's a diverse fantasy world with many different races and skin tones. Also the pawns call you gay. (They don't actually but people are taking it that way.)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I think any game that has "useless" MTX absolutely deserves to be criticized and or laughed at. It's a repeat refrain of "you dont NEED to buy them" okay well why have them then? Oh so "stupid" people can get scammed? Cool.

People need to be more comfortable with accepting the thing they like might have a flaw.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

All I've seen is that Mr. Park knowingly slept with someone's wife while they were still married and has a DUI. Both are lovely behavior but don't really play into the game. It is a bit weird that Pat didn't mention the MTX stuff but given that it was a preview code it could have been stipulated that he couldn't or they simply may not have been in place.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Pat said on twitter he saw the microtransactions but assumed it wouldn't be a big deal that needed to be remarked on:

https://twitter.com/PatStaresAt/status/1771167487721361644

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Warbird posted:

All I've seen is that Mr. Park knowingly slept with someone's wife while they were still married and has a DUI. Both are lovely behavior but don't really play into the game. It is a bit weird that Pat didn't mention the MTX stuff but given that it was a preview code it could have been stipulated that he couldn't or they simply may not have been in place.

It was mentioned in the text stuff nobody ever reads, you can't actually tell the game has microtransactions just from the game itself since all that stuff is on the storefronts not in-game

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

taxing stupid people into buying poo poo they don't need is a time-honored american tradition, if you think that's evil well have i got news for you about video games

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Oxyclean posted:

I assume Sterling went hard on the game for the stupid MTX and was probably hyperbolic (but not inconsistent) in giving it a hard time, and presumably upset some very hardcore fans.

They mostly complained about the game's design being too archaic, obtuse, and mean, then said you're encouraged to pay to fast travel (you cannot do this).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Indecisive posted:

taxing stupid people into buying poo poo they don't need is a time-honored american tradition, if you think that's evil well have i got news for you about video games

Dragon's Dogma is a Japanese game.