Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

dodgeblan posted:

you think styles needs to be able to move his arms to have a good match?

No I'm worried that his new found bulk makes him even more irrationally angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Endorph posted:

he looks like jack from tekken btw

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
He doesn't look like that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
No, he usually has a terrible haircut.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

projecthalaxy posted:

Announced for WrestleMania 40:

Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: Cody Rhodes vs. Roman Reigns (c)

World Heavyweight Championship: Seth Rollins (c) vs. Drew McIntyre, Guest Referee CM Punk

Rhodes and Rollins vs. Reigns and The Rock

WWE Women's Championship: Bayley vs. Iyo Sky (c)

Women's World Championship: Becky Lynch vs. Rhea Ripley (c)

Triple Threat match for the United States Championship: Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul (c)

Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn vs. Gunther (c)

Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Six-Pack ladder match: The Judgment Day (c) vs. DIY vs. The New Day vs. Awesome Truth vs. two more teams yet to be named

Jey Uso vs. Jimmy Uso

LA Knight vs. AJ Styles

Wow! If everything goes right, it might be the tenth best wrestling show of the week after Dynamite, Collision, DEFY, STARDOM, DDT, Tokyo Joshi, GCW, Supercard of Honor, and Effy's Big Gay Brunch!

It's just wild how completely they've run loving WRESTLEMANIA into the ground. Instead of putting on one exciting show with nothing but bangers, they've stretched it out to two nights so they can cram in poo poo like LA Knight vs. The Roided Up Corpse Of AJ Styles and pad every entrance to 30 minutes with ad breaks.

E: Oh, I just noticed GCW are running Josh Barnett's Bloodsport this week as well, so sadly it's not looking good for Wrestlemania making the top 10.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 26, 2024

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wow! If everything goes right, it might be the tenth best wrestling show of the week after Dynamite, Collision, DEFY, STARDOM, DDT, Tokyo Joshi, GCW, Supercard of Honor, and Effy's Big Gay Brunch!

It's just wild how completely they've run loving WRESTLEMANIA into the ground. Instead of putting on one exciting show with nothing but bangers, they've stretched it out to two nights so they can cram in poo poo like LA Knight vs. The Roided Up Corpse Of AJ Styles and pad every entrance to 30 minutes with ad breaks.

E: Oh, I just noticed GCW are running Josh Barnett's Bloodsport this week as well, so sadly it's not looking good for Wrestlemania making the top 10.

It's wild that they stretched it to two days and could probably just fit it on one but they need to shove so many ads in it and stupid backstage segments.
And yeah, there is so much good wrestling surrounding it and elsewhere I just don't see the point outside the spectacle

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Quantum of Phallus posted:

What are the squad doing for mania weekend???

Taking a train from Paris to Turn on Friday (might be able to watch some wrestling on this???), going to the Turin Egyptian Museum on Saturday morning, then dinner on the Gustotram in the evening (probably enjoying the afternoon in a wine bar or may go to the car museum idk). Sunday we are going to mass which I am not thrilled about but my wife wants to, then we are going to a vermouth making class at the Martini & Rossi factory.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Endless Mike posted:

Taking a train from Paris to Turn on Friday (might be able to watch some wrestling on this???), going to the Turin Egyptian Museum on Saturday morning, then dinner on the Gustotram in the evening (probably enjoying the afternoon in a wine bar or may go to the car museum idk). Sunday we are going to mass which I am not thrilled about but my wife wants to, then we are going to a vermouth making class at the Martini & Rossi factory.

Steal the Shroud and give it to Triple H

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Bumpin' on a trash can.... Scrummin' in a street fight

BIG

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

dodgeblan posted:

you think styles needs to be able to move his arms to have a good match?

Post the gif of Brian cage with the post it on his back

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I was thinking about the Forearm but how the gently caress is he gonna do the Styles Clash safely with ham hocks that big?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Steal the Shroud and give it to Triple H

They don't even let you *look* at the Shroud!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Majinfoose posted:

It's wild that they stretched it to two days and could probably just fit it on one but they need to shove so many ads in it and stupid backstage segments.
And yeah, there is so much good wrestling surrounding it and elsewhere I just don't see the point outside the spectacle

When they started doing the two-day thing they at least had the excuse of 'there are 14-16 matches and otherwise this would take twelve hours' but unless they come up with a bunch of random poo poo in the next ten days this is pretty silly.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

im a sick gently caress i like the young bucks

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Critical posted:

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

That DICK! posted:

Bumpin' on a trash can.... Scrummin' in a street fight

BIG

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I havent been paying attention, is this the 10th time the usos have fought each other or is this somehow the first time they're doing that

followup question, has either of the usos learned any moves the other doesn't do yet

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Cael posted:

Post the gif of Brian cage with the post it on his back

I haven't seen it and it sounds great. Seconding this request

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Tarnop posted:

I haven't seen it and it sounds great. Seconding this request

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ueQ007Vk0A

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

lmao thank you

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Brian Cage is a treasure.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Critical posted:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

phenom vídeo. 👍

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

shiksa posted:

I havent been paying attention, is this the 10th time the usos have fought each other or is this somehow the first time they're doing that

followup question, has either of the usos learned any moves the other doesn't do yet

If cagematch is to be believed, this is their first 1v1

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

projecthalaxy posted:

If cagematch is to be believed, this is their first 1v1

honestly, with how long this has gone on and how the side swapping has been i am shocked.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

shiksa posted:

honestly, with how long this has gone on and how the side swapping has been i am shocked.

yeah

They've each wrestled Roman and Solo and Sami but never each other. Could this be... an actually notable mania matchup??

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

yeah

They've each wrestled Roman and Solo and Sami but never each other. Could this be... an actually notable mania matchup??

my god the double janetty double jeopardy death match... gonna burn it down second on the card on night one

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The first time Vince left for the same reasons they led a "Thank you Vince!" chant, what makes you think they wouldn't tell Punk to get the audience to do it again?

They are not the same things and this makes no sense. Punk making Drew into more of a heel by tying him to Vince is the same reason Stephanie as a face started a pro-Vince chant? I thought both were pretty gross mind you but it’s lazy to lump them together.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Both demonstrate how seriously they’re taking the allegations in house. Like when Seth made little wink-wink references about Riddle when they were feuding. It’s all just grist for the mill.

Anyway

https://x.com/wwe/status/1772807568831795419?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

👀👀🤯🤯🤯

Seams fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Mar 27, 2024

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That ruled and I will always love dudes marking out for pulling off cool poo poo in the ring

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

projecthalaxy posted:

yeah

They clearly pencilled this in for Wrestlemania over a year ago back when the Bloodline poo poo was hot. But now that they've dragged it out so long and run through every other permutation, this matchup has been sapped of all heat and meaning.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The ending segment of Raw was alright but nothing approaching an "ALL TIMER ENDING TO RAW"

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Pylons posted:

The ending segment of Raw was alright but nothing approaching an "ALL TIMER ENDING TO RAW"

Idk RAW has been trash tier TV more often than not.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
And together we're gonna run around, Cody, we're gonna... do all kinds of wonderful things, Cody. Just you and me, Cody. The outside world is our enemy, Cody... we're the only.... friends we've got, Cody! It's just Rock and Cody. Rock and Cody and their adventures, Cody.. ROCK AND CODY FOREVER AND FOREVER A HUNDRED YEARS!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Majinfoose posted:

Idk RAW has been trash tier TV more often than not.

Sure but I'm not even putting what I watched above any generic episode of Attitude Era RAW ending where Stone Cold comes out and just stunners everyone.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

LOOK AT THIS/LOOK AT YOU NOW/MAMA RHODES

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The all timer ending ro Raw is the one where there is a massive brawl in the ring and backstage between wwe and the Alliance and the "real Stone Cold" returns in his pickup truck and joins the fray backstage until making it to the ring and stunning every member of the Alliance and savings wwe.

Teenage me was very hyped for that moment. They hosed it up at the ppv but I'll always have that moment.

The all timer WTF? moment of Raw is a few months later where the Rock returns and confronts Austin for the first time since him and HHH beat Rock's rear end in a cage and they.... sing a duet.

Teenage me was very confused in that moment.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
You telling me that Rock & Austin setting off the next phase in their epic career-spanning feud by randomly singing Margaritaville together wasn't CINEMA?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Drakkel posted:

You telling me that Rock & Austin setting off the next phase in their epic career-spanning feud by randomly singing Margaritaville together wasn't CINEMA?

It wasn't cinema, but it was Eurovision