Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Seltzer posted:

This is why you buy games 6 months down the road for 20 dollars off a key site instead of on launch this generation.

lmao half of these are 5-minute fixes, who do they announce this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The mildest patch in the world

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It’d be cool if someday consoles didn’t ship with cyrix processors.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm enjoying the game on my series s and you can't stop me (the shadows look terrible though)

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Seltzer posted:

This is why you buy games 6 months down the road for 20 dollars off a key site instead of on launch this generation.

Or just play good games instead of AAA trash

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

ColdPie posted:

☝️

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

ColdPie posted:

They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"
Patching in options that make the game look worse with no real framerate benefit to placate the babies, smh

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ColdPie posted:

Capcom have made nothing but hits for a long time. This is the outlier.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Simiain posted:

Patching in options that make the game look worse with no real framerate benefit to placate the babies, smh

Sounds like a Sony directive.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
DD2 is great, sorry about your frame rates

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

hatty posted:

Yup, game owns.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

DD2's performance struggles are pretty good evidence that it's not AAA trash. There's definitely optimization to be done, but that wouldn't be necessary if it was your typical dumb pretty game that put all its effort into visuals and had a light and predictable CPU load.

acksplode posted:

The game is right and the CPUs are wrong. Just my opinion

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I feel nothing but genuine pity for those who can't enjoy DD2

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
1. "You can now start a new game!" might be the most pathetic "Patch Note" I've ever seen in my life, although I'm sure something worse will come along eventually.

2. Mindshare is back on the menu, baby! 275 points a week if you play games on 5 different days in a week. If they keep the Monthly Quests the same then we're looking pretty pretty pretty good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dewgy posted:

As it is right now the main way people are improving FPS in the game is to murder entire towns so the NPCs aren’t active any more, so I think in this case they may actually not be bullshitting.

are there any videos of people actually doing this, and showing the FPS improvement? Cause by the time youre strong enough to do it, you're through the entire game anyways.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

hatty posted:

Yeah it's this, the performance is consistently terrible but I'm having too great a time to care. And it's clear it's not because of graphics, there's so much poo poo simulated concurrently and it's what makes larger fights so delightfully chaotic and worth high-fiving your pawns after

Kinda lovely that they spoiled the dwelling in those patch notes, would have been a nice surprise

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I need to update my home to a mesh router thing. Xbox series doesn't have wifi6. And that's really all I care about that's wireless, so will ac1300 work well? The difference is literally hundreds of dollars..

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Just run an Ethernet cable

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

kri kri posted:

Just run an Ethernet cable

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I have an Ethernet run now but I used WiFi forever. Specifically an ac1300 and honestly I never had any issues. I never had issues playing online but I got a lot faster download times once I just ran the cord.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I just did the ashtray maze. Might be one of the most awesome video game things I've ever done.

I think I'm almost at the final parts of Control, excited to see how it all ends.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I'm not giving my son any more advantages over me in Fortnite. He'll get wired when he moves on to a game I'm better at.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

John F Bennett posted:

I just did the ashtray maze. Might be one of the most awesome video game things I've ever done.

I think I'm almost at the final parts of Control, excited to see how it all ends.

Without spoiling a lot, is the ashtray maze something you have to come back to later? Because I seem to be stuck in a loop very early on.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

1glitch0 posted:

Without spoiling a lot, is the ashtray maze something you have to come back to later? Because I seem to be stuck in a loop very early on.

Yes, the game will tell you when you can go

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Played the first level and change of Evil West. It's like a time capsule to AA games from like 2015 but with better graphics and...I kinda love that? I really appreciate that it spends about 30 seconds establishing that there are vampires in them thar hills before a train gets blown up and then you're clubbing zombies with a steampunk glove.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Hulk Krogan posted:

Played the first level and change of Evil West. It's like a time capsule to AA games from like 2015 but with better graphics and...I kinda love that? I really appreciate that it spends about 30 seconds establishing that there are vampires in them thar hills before a train gets blown up and then you're clubbing zombies with a steampunk glove.

The glove gets more steampunk.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Lammasu posted:

The glove gets more steampunk.

It rapidly becomes insufferable and wants to talk about it all the time?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

otter posted:

No, that's High on Life

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

otter posted:

Yeah, but you also kind of want to gently caress it.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2024/03/26/xbox-insider-release-notes-beta-2404-240321-2000/

Please... it's too much winning. We can't take anymore.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Finished Control, that game is true art. How is the DLC?

it's true.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
the excessive compression artifacts are perfect for this image, well done whoever you stole it from :v:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

been saying this. RT is a scam pushed by Nvidia and Digshitshill Floundry

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Mods please namechange me to Big Graphics Card

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Finished Control, that game is true art. How is the DLC?

it's true.

The Foundation is solid, the AWE's entire purpose was to be an Alan Wake 2 teaser buildup/bait people's nostalgia for Alan Wake 2 but Alan Wake 2 is out now so uh...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
RT is very cool and I look forward to when it works properly in 2035.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Honestly as an AW fan, the AWE DLC was kind of a disappointment

Foundation is better and continues some plot things that were left unfinished in the main story of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

AWE is miserable because it ties Control ( a fun setting) into being subservient to Alan Wake (a terrible setting)