Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crazy Ted posted:

Minnesota gets another Kevin Harlan and he just won't get to stay long enough :smith:

Jim Pete was in the comments of a tweet he made about this talking about how a bunch of people who call games nationally also work for a team and that Harlan is unique because he calls a bunch of different sports so I'm just going to hope he's right.

e: Hollinger had the best take on this though

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status/1772708800450982299

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Realistically if the Blazers had Spoelstra they might have 5 more wins? I don’t think it makes that much a difference.

Coaching seems to matter more at the highest levels which is why Griffin was such a disaster and Doc was able to turn the ship around by making some obvious tweaks.

Ultimately the Blazers play hard and role players like Thybulle, Banton, Reath, and Camara perform well above expectations. Simons credits Chauncey with saving his career. The schemes are pretty bad, but I think he set up a better culture and player development than some of the really bad coaches of the last decade.

I’ve no idea who our next coach should be. It seems the trend is young career assistants like Hardy.

I bet Chauncey will move into a front office role as a GM basically handling internal player affairs while Cronin handles the roster and stuff.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The thing about the sports gambling is it usually starts small, like one person who knows how to bet to not make it instantly obvious, and then as it progresses somehow enough other people find out to wager so much money the betting agency immediately realizes it.

For the 1994 AZ college basketball point shaving scandal, it basically blew up because some other campus bookie heard about it, demanded to be let in, and proceeded to tell loving everyone they could make a sure thing on the next game, leading to the betting line changing 44 times when a typical change was only 10.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Lockback posted:

Michael Grady is a real good PBP guy

Wow, that’s awesome. MG was a local radio guy in Indy and the PA announcer for the Pacers a while back and was great at it, happy to see him rising the ranks

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

some of the worst times

---

lol

https://x.com/PelsFilmRoom/status/1772751550189887789?s=20

Kibner fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 27, 2024

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mean Baby posted:

Realistically if the Blazers had Spoelstra they might have 5 more wins? I don’t think it makes that much a difference.

Spo would have those guys high 30s easy

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/BRICKWRLDD/status/1772773052260266447?t=jjJ_kphMFDHom7FDPkWAPw&s=19

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

fart simpson posted:

give him a break, he was drafted into the rick pitino celtics and they won their first home game against the bulls that year

Billups is continuing the cycle of abuse

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that's just a really loving and warm hug, no problems with it at all

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Steve Kerr: I didn’t see it I’ll have to check the tape

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Australians are kind of like europeans i guess

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

Spo would have those guys high 30s easy

Nah, but the Heat FO would never have amassed that group of guys

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

anyone have it without slow motion? doesnt look as typically dirty as draymond does it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

Nah, but the Heat FO would never have amassed that group of guys

Yeah the heat always have a good roster
https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2019.html

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

That's a better roster than the Blazers in an easier conference with high 30s. Spo isn't getting the same results with the Blazers roster/availability in the 2024 west.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im not sure about this doctor rivers fella

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

That's a better roster than the Blazers in an easier conference with high 30s. Spo isn't getting the same results with the Blazers roster/availability in the 2024 west.

The Blazers are more talented than that heat team. The warriors and rockets both currently have the amount of wins I believe spo could raise that roster too its not some impossible feat

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://x.com/MagicJohnson/status/1772821368436134120?s=20

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

nachos posted:

7’4” frame
Lots of counting stats
When he stands in the lane
It all fades to black

lol

Publicly execute Draymond imo

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ammanas posted:

anyone have it without slow motion? doesnt look as typically dirty as draymond does it

Patty sold the poo poo out of it. On terms of Draymond bullshit this is on the lower end

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Mean Baby posted:

Yes but would their FO have waited until the hour after his divorce was finalized to give him a fat contract extension?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

Patty sold the poo poo out of it. On terms of Draymond bullshit this is on the lower end

Yeah I was waiting for him to follow it up with a nut punch

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/DUNKC0MP/status/1772941030947758501?s=20

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Ammanas posted:

That's the counseling and soul-searching at work

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Ammanas posted:

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2024/03/26/0022301044/27/e31ab1aa-224c-d505-3dd6-2da2894ab5c7_1280x720.mp4

this was not ruled a flagrant.

watching it for a bit, it is not nearly as dirty as his other hits, what stands out to me is that it is not at all necessary. He was trying to switch out to Bam and could have easily done so if he hadn't hooked Mills with his arm. The fact that he still took the time to gently caress with Mills is as much evidence to me of his violent streak as his nutshots.

dokmo fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Mar 27, 2024

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I mean the fact that the hooked him is more him fishing for a foul. It wasn't even like violent lol.

Lmao at that being a "dangerous play" though.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

dokmo posted:

https://videos.nba.com/nba/pbp/media/2024/03/26/0022301044/27/e31ab1aa-224c-d505-3dd6-2da2894ab5c7_1280x720.mp4

this was not ruled a flagrant.

watching it for a bit, it is not nearly as dirty as his other hits, what stands out to me is that it is not at all necessary. He was trying to switch out to Bam and could have easily done so if he hadn't hooked Mills with his arm. The fact that he still took the time to gently caress with Mills is as much evidence to me of his violent streak as his nutshots.
It's a classic Dray move where he unnecessarily roughs someone for the hell of it. I can justify it by saying he's buying time on defense but it's not remotely needed.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
man Orlando is sitting in a pretty good place right now. they're gonna end up with about 47 or 48 wins with an extremely young core all making less than $15 million, and tons of cap space.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

dokmo posted:

man Orlando is sitting in a pretty good place right now. they're gonna end up with about 47 or 48 wins with an extremely young core all making less than $15 million, and tons of cap space.

I'm not convinced either Wagner or Banchero is a no. 1 on a title team (I know it's early, especially for Banchero), but two good no. 2s will make for a really good playoff team for a long time.

If Cleveland flames out in the first round again I can see Orlando being an amazing spot for a Mitchell trade. I'm sure some people in the podsphere have already said that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's not even buying time. He's just trying to grift a foul to prevent the easy layup. because there is no way for him to rotate in time to actually contest and alter the shot.

It's a foul, but it's not particularly egregious.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Half a Rudy gobert headlock should have been at least a flagrant 1

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Mavs looked pretty good last night, I post, ensuring that they will lose 3 of their next 4

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

I hate agreeing with the NCAA on stuff

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1772995197959307728

Just have the NBA say players are ONLY allowed to make prop bets on themselves and the bets will ban themselves.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I was confused until I realized that I guess I already live in a state (New York) where college prop bets are banned. I was trying to remember if I'd ever seen one before on DraftKings but I guess I haven't.

Edit: also I can't bet on NY colleges to win the NCAA championship

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

love living in a state where betting on colleges within the state is legal

anyway

https://x.com/wojespn/status/1773030853028852159?s=46

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I stand with Jontay. He will be found innocent.

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Mavs looked pretty good last night, I post, ensuring that they will lose 3 of their next 4

I think the key is to struggle from 3 for a bit so that they have to get the rest of the offense going. Then when a few 3s start to fall things look good.

PJ holding his own against Sabonis stopped a lot of the switch stuff the kings were trying to run.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

havelock posted:

I think the key is to struggle from 3 for a bit so that they have to get the rest of the offense going. Then when a few 3s start to fall things look good.

PJ holding his own against Sabonis stopped a lot of the switch stuff the kings were trying to run.

Mavs are unstoppable when hitting threes. They shot terribly during previous 8 wins (before the most recent Kings win). I'm shocked they were able to win multiple games shooting below .300 from three.

Still surprised they played Luka last night. He was noticeably limping the entire time he played. One more win/better seeding is not worth losing your best player to an achilles injury.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 27, 2024

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I doubt that the "one weird trick" is to miss 3s. The trick to last night's game was the Kings shooting under 39% again on a back to back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

havelock
Jan 20, 2004

IGNORE ME
Soiled Meat

Lifespan posted:

I doubt that the "one weird trick" is to miss 3s. The trick to last night's game was the Kings shooting under 39% again on a back to back.

Clearly it'd be better to hit them all all the time, but the Mavs love to shoot a lot and sometimes forget there are other ways to play.

Mavs were also on a back to back.

Spacebump posted:

Still surprised they played Luka last night. He was noticeably limping the entire time he played. One more win/better seeding is not worth losing your best player to an achilles injury.

Yeah - I'm not sure when he's going to get some rest.