Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Alxprit posted:

Does this stack with Burglar Ring? I still have no idea what's really going on in 1.6.

Yes. The double loot applies after all other loot generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Alxprit posted:

I never considered beehives on the island. There's some soil that can't accept trees that I might try with this.

Last time I played, I had one tiny patch of farmland on the island for taro and pineapples, and I used the rest of the farm space there for beehive clusters. Massive amounts of fairy rose honey, year-round, it was very satisfying.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sydin posted:

This is violence.

What's wrong with my setup?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Midnight Voyager posted:

What's wrong with my setup?

The trees on either side are clipping outside the greenhouse wall, extremely sloppy 4/10 please see me after class.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sydin posted:

The trees on either side are clipping outside the greenhouse wall, extremely sloppy 4/10 please see me after class.

that's actually not even a Photoshopped part, that's just how it looks if you plant there

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
also you've left no room for mango or bananana trees

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

also you've left no room for mango or bananana trees

Oh sure I did, above the two left sprinklers.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Well, I learned something today. Looks like a lot of people did.

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1772734338347434148?t=ZK0VVrJGQEynE9AmZhrmHQ&s=19

For those without twitter, CA is showing an example of when your cursor is hovering over an item in your inventory that's needed for a bundle, the Community Centre icon will pulsate.

I've seen the icon do that before but I just thought it meant I had something in my inventory that was needed (which I guess is technically true).

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Sydin posted:

I got the 0.01% monster compendium drop on like day 10 and it rules because the double loot chance applies to all monster drops, including coal from dust sprites.

Something like this happened to me too.

I also just got a prismatic shard dropped in early Fall 1 from a bug on level 25 of the normal mines. The luck on this save file is nuts.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I want to be all :smug: about already knowing but yeah just found out last week myself

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
people may also be interested to learn that you can click that button to view all the pending Community Center bundles from anywhere

it's very handy and I didn't notice it until half a year into whatever patch added it

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Deffo looking like I won't have the community center done until Fall Year 2 because even through all the normal F/Su opens, the night market, and the new desert festival, the traveling cart abso-loving-lutely refuses to sell any apples.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Year 1 Fall 17 I completed the Joja membership. Still gotta unlock the theater and island but it still feels dirty. I don't like it. I've now seen that ending (I'm sure I have something around 1k hours between Steam, Xbox, PS and the cellphone) for the first time and yeah. Ick. Think it's time to restart now.

I do like that extended stardew adds those 2 characters. From the store. Can't remember their names but they add them in as actual romancable characters. I like that.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

people may also be interested to learn that you can click that button to view all the pending Community Center bundles from anywhere

it's very handy and I didn't notice it until half a year into whatever patch added it

I'm a big fan of the UI info suite which has a bigger indicator over the sell price pop-up. Also shows if you can give it to Gunther or if you haven't put one in the bin yet.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

ILL Machina posted:

I'm a big fan of the UI info suite which has a bigger indicator over the sell price pop-up. Also shows if you can give it to Gunther or if you haven't put one in the bin yet.

Doesn't the game already tell you which items you haven't donated yet on hover?

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

Dr. Stab posted:

Doesn't the game already tell you which items you haven't donated yet on hover?

Yeah but I get a cute little icon of Gunther in the same place as all those other item info things. Also I can't read.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This whole time I thought that community center icon was part of Info Suite 2.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Year 1 Fall 17 I completed the Joja membership. Still gotta unlock the theater and island but it still feels dirty. I don't like it. I've now seen that ending (I'm sure I have something around 1k hours between Steam, Xbox, PS and the cellphone) for the first time and yeah. Ick. Think it's time to restart now.

I do like that extended stardew adds those 2 characters. From the store. Can't remember their names but they add them in as actual romancable characters. I like that.

Clare and... Martin? Maybe? Boy of some kind.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Restarting just gets better and better

I thought this was a pack of 5 for 1.8k. It is not :saddumb: E: I did end up restarting my day so I could sell my harvest to Pierre and buy all 5. Being able to skip right to those in time for summer I feel is worth the 9k investment

Leal fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 27, 2024

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Being able to punt filled containers around by hitting them with your pickaxe is a very appreciated quality of life upgrade. Especially with the new house addons that require you to clear out the adjoining tiles, I was able to just scoot some minifridges over rather than having to completely unload them. Plus it makes rearranging my main storage/crafting area a ton easier.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Traveling cart just sold me ten iridium for 400 each.

Also I am on winter Y1 22. All I need is a pomegranate. I planted my tree in my greenhouse on Fall 27. Fingers crossed.

I also got my large milk to finish animal bundle on fall 26 and my truffle pig digging on fall 25. I live dangerously close to the line.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

Traveling cart just sold me ten iridium for 400 each.

Also I am on winter Y1 22. All I need is a pomegranate. I planted my tree in my greenhouse on Fall 27. Fingers crossed.

I also got my large milk to finish animal bundle on fall 26 and my truffle pig digging on fall 25. I live dangerously close to the line.

I'm with you brother. To stack on similar woes, I need a pufferfish like a loving idiot. Planted my pomegranate tree like one day out of fruiting potential. Might need to try to move it before winter somehow.

E: though I did already get lucky with a red cabbage seed week two of spring, a goat cheese, and a rabbits foot from the merchant cart. Get to skip a lot of animals.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 27, 2024

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Gold mayonnaise now lets you win the Luau in the first year. Hurray.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
do NOT put mayo in the communal soup, no matter how high quality you think it is

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Does anyone know how to get a save file off Android these days? I know what folder they live in, but on Android File Transfer (Mac) that folder doesn't show at all. Using a 3rd party file manager on device (from the Play Store) the folder shows, but trying to open it results in Access Denied. I still need to try on a Windows PC, but my thought based on this behavior is I'd need to root the phone to get access now.

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer
These mystery boxes sure are something. I just took 13 boxes to Clint and among other things, got a pearl and a golden pumpkin. Then I walked out, hit up Clint's trashcan and got the Trash Catalogue. Which is not related to the boxes, but was still cool.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
My favorite was breaking open a Mystery Box to reveal four more Mystery Boxes :allears:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Your Uncle Dracula posted:

do NOT put mayo in the communal soup, no matter how high quality you think it is

farmer makes "worst communal soup ever", asked to leave festivals

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
This is my first playthrough and one of my chickens or ducks laid a dino egg. I actually can't find any info on this happening. It was just sitting in my coop one morning.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
poe meater eat the egg

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

poe meater posted:

This is my first playthrough and one of my chickens or ducks laid a dino egg. I actually can't find any info on this happening. It was just sitting in my coop one morning.

Not doubting you Poe but I have to say that I love that this has the exact cadence of a schoolyard lie.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

worm girl posted:

Not doubting you Poe but I have to say that I love that this has the exact cadence of a schoolyard lie.

Not until it hatches into Pikablu

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Anyone got a clue what the bear is asking for here?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Ginger Ale, I think?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah that’s ginger ale. Recipe is on volcano island, specifically: the dwarf merchant on floor five of the volcano dungeon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Yeah, it honestly sucks he can pick those recipes, because he'll do it well before you can get them and just arbitrarily bottleneck his quest chain for ages.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ginger ale’s not bad, wait till he picks a random rear end food recipe that requires you to be level 6 heart friends with Jodi or something to get the recipe.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also, he just shows a picture of the item. You either know what it is or you’re checking the wiki and even that can be hard as gently caress.

How many of ya’ll know that’s stuffing and not some random rear end soup instead? You have to get Pam to level 7 hearts to get that recipe.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Are there any portrait mods that folks like? And how hard are the Ellie's Cuter Animal mods to use because those animals look really cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Cartoon Man posted:

Ginger ale’s not bad, wait till he picks a random rear end food recipe that requires you to be level 6 heart friends with Jodi or something to get the recipe.

Those are far more doable than "Complete the whole drat Community Center before you can even consider getting the recipe proper".