Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

"Global Joy Officer", Sloomoo, and a company that charges you to play with slime just sound like the kind of poo poo they make fun of in the first ten minutes of a Law and Order episode.

Who DOESN'T hear Ice-T in their head right now saying,
"You're telling me other companies pay them to have their employees play with slime? And they make millions doing that? Man, I'm in the wrong line of work."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

mobby_6kl posted:

Not for much longer!

If he gets to print billions from the IPO and can pay off the fine, then really he does get away with it

He has not done that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Radio Paranoia posted:

My physically fluctuating POTUS.

Nothing but respect for my morbidly obese President.

Lol if he reported his actual weight he'd literally be redlining off that scale.

My respect grows everytime he has to be pried out of the bathtub like Taft

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

At the moment he’s worth $8 billion more than he was when n Monday. :sad:

Yes. Very rich with things he's not allowed to sell. And no banking institution in their right mind will give him a loan.

Very smert

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Stock market’s open and DJT is up over $69 again :cripes:

This has the same energy as when the Bitcoiners were fighting “the whale”, who was a huge holder selling everything they had and the Bitcoiners were placing buy orders at ever higher prices to keep the market cap up.

In which case lmao and lol that “the whale” seller made out like a loving bandit thanks to cultists and that seller was… JEFFREY OF YOSPOS!!! :tinfoil:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Have we all forgotten about NFTs and Bored Apes?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Radio Paranoia posted:

Still lies.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

kazil posted:

Have we all forgotten about NFTs and Bored Apes?

TRUTH SOCIAL isn't an Nft

It's much less than that

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don’t know why people are pretending trumps stick isn’t going to bounce around for six months until trump pulls the ultimate rug pull

Like y’all didn’t pay any attention to NFTs SMH

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What's it called when someone posts something so profoundly, breathtakingly stupid that you start telling yourself "no it can't be real, they must be joking"

Conservatism.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t know why people are pretending trumps stick isn’t going to bounce around for six months until trump pulls the ultimate rug pull

I don't think Trump's stick has gotten much bouncing or pulling in the last decade tbh

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Failed Imagineer posted:

I don't think Trump's stick has gotten much bouncing or pulling in the last decade tbh

If anyone's even seen it. *points at window*

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1772647324772122861?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

I guess I’m late to this but lol I just listened to an old Chapo ep where one of the guys said it’s time to treat American Christianity as it’s own entity, with just a clear break in their view on Christianity as the break between the Protestants and the Catholics.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
sell indulgences next trump!

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Mark my words - he’ll eventually sell crosses with himself being crucified.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Passion of the Rrump

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The sad part is Trump probably won't live long enough for the inevitable SEC indictment. The SEC might be willing to let banks do whatever they want, but they agressively pursue the worst crime you can commit in the US: messing with rich people's money. There is absolutely no way Trump is not doing some securities fraud even though with his cult doing meme stock madness he doesn't really need to.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Doctor Butts posted:

No, it's CHUDS co-opting bush or Obama derangement syndrome. I forget which was first.

Bush Derangement Syndrome was MASSIVE back in the day. It's still what I think people are talking about when they say BDS

Right-wing bloggers really went hog wild pushing the meme that WBush was just a regular normal common-sense guy doing the best job anyone could be expected to do and anyone who spends all their time constantly caterwauling about how everything he does is Nazi stupidity is clearly only doing it because they are suffering from some kind of mental break that might as well be listed in the DSM

(It was an easier story to push than the idea that TRUMP is a perfectly normal superman president and has never lied and never done anything illegal, but they're sure trying)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

no details yet

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Disney probably got legal rights to Florida

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Failed Imagineer posted:

Wrong, he is on criminal trial for that right now

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nessus posted:

Disney probably got legal rights to Florida

With the way Disney has been losing lately, they've probably agreed to fire anyone suspected of having homosexual sympathies.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Lamech posted:

sell indulgences next trump!

I mean, is that much different than selling presidential pardons?

Oh wait, pardons have actual value I guess

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Florida, brought to you by Disney. Mouse Granted Governor Desantis praises his huge victory in this suit.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

funeral home DJ posted:

This reminds me of that study where researchers incentivized traditional Fox News viewers to watch CNN and to no one’s surprise, the people who watched CNN instead actually started to doubt the Fox News conspiracies and such until they tuned back in again:

Fox News is like some addictive, destructive drug that just melts your brain and makes you a fearful moron susceptible to scams.

My wife and I have the running theory that Right Wing media mimics narcissistic abuse, and a lot of these people were probably in horrible generational cycles of it, and that poo poo just re-triggers you over and over again.

The loud volume, the sneaky comments, the insults to your intelligence if you don't believe it, the EVERYONE AGREES poo poo. It's like Tailor made to continue to trigger traumatized people and alienate them from other people who might help them

I was raised by a narc, I can't even see or hear Fox News because it reminds me of them honestly. That poo poo is poison.

It also means that if you can get people away from it long enough, they might come out of the haze.

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 27, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Wrong, he is on criminal trial for that right now

I think the actual bouncing and pulling was over a decade ago, wasn't it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TulliusCicero posted:

My wife and I have the running theory that Right Wing media mimics narcissistic abuse, and a lot of these people were probably in horrible generational cycles of it, and that poo poo just re-triggers you over and over again.

The loud volume, the sneaky comments, the insults to your intelligence if you don't believe it, the EVERYONE AGREES poo poo. It's like Taylor made to continue to trigger traumatized people and alienate them from other people who might help them

I was raised by a narc, I can't even see or hear Fox News because it reminds me of them honestly. That poo poo is poison.

It also means that I'd you can get people away from it long enough, they might come out of the haze.
I think you’re at least half right about this

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Radio Paranoia posted:

Somebody do what they did after the Georgia mugshot where they compared his (false) self-reported size with pro athletes of the same stature.

Like Pro Bowl Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham

Honestly we might be getting closer

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

kazil posted:

I think the actual bouncing and pulling was over a decade ago, wasn't it

It’s still baffling to me that anyone was willing to sleep with a decade ago Trump. Like…the dude was never good looking. Ugh.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If you are curious where DJT stock is heading

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/27/truth-social-stock-facebook-twitter-ipo

Axioms finance person outlines how it will be the next penny stock

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

kazil posted:

no details yet

Black and white negative image of Mickey Mouse driving a trans am wearing sunglasses, caption "Remain calm. True Disney Patriots are now in control"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Disney World Government

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MEIN RAVEN posted:

It’s still baffling to me that anyone was willing to sleep with a decade ago Trump. Like…the dude was never good looking. Ugh.

Marla Maples told her close friend John Barron, who told the newspaper, that Donald Trump was actually very good

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
There is no universe in which Donnie isn't a two pump chump.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

is Desus and Mero in charge of this Biden-Harris account?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

DJT stock now down to $62.50. This poo poo is ridiculous.

Right now it is volatile because it is volatile, day traders, market frontrunners and algorithms loving love a volatile stock, you can quickly buy and sell swings which causes swings that self-reinforce. Until they don't. There is no floor to DJT, the company is worthless, eventually the game is over and the same forces that caused the swings become massive self reinforced panic selling since nobody wants to be left holding the bag. This can happen shockingly quickly, with no fundamentals backing the stock, it can completely collapse to a few dollars as quickly as the circuit breakers let it, which is why the circuit breakers exist in the first place.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

drat. if this was on the onion, and they used the the same caption, the joke would still work.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Three Olives posted:

Right now it is volatile because it is volatile, day traders, market frontrunners and algorithms loving love a volatile stock, you can quickly buy and sell swings which causes swings that self-reinforce. Until they don't. There is no floor to DJT, the company is worthless, eventually the game is over and the same forces that caused the swings become massive self reinforced panic selling since nobody wants to be left holding the bag. This can happen shockingly quickly, with no fundamentals backing the stock, it can completely collapse to a few dollars as quickly as the circuit breakers let it, which is why the circuit breakers exist in the first place.

cant believe im saying this about a 3o post but this is the first sane stock market post ive seen itt. everyone should stop following the stock. the stock market is scary and confusing

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

this company would've been shut the gently caress down during the pandemic, seeing as how easily slime would transmit Covid from person to pers...... aaahhhh i see now why RFK Jr picked her..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

tek79 posted:

Just now waking up on the west side of the country to a +25 Democratic victory in ALABAMA!? Get hosed fascists. LOL.

It's a great Blue win, but there's one thing to keep in mind. That's the district that was planned to have the new Space Command HQ. The Pentagon considers anti-LGBTQ and anti-family planning laws to be readiness issues, so they decided they had to leave it in Colorado. That was going to be a huge boost for the local economy, and the GOP hosed it up.

Lands' campaign capitalized on that, but the GOP handed her a landslide on a platter. The fun thing is though, we'll see more and more of this as regressive policies hit local communities in the pocketbook.