Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

It's kind of impressive just how how far he has strayed from what people genuinely liked about Twitter in the first place. Here he is, the head of what was once a premier microblogging site, genuinely going on about how it's a great idea for someone to post an entire goddamn book there.

IBroughttheFunk fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Darwin would punch Elon in the face.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah S(cience)aaS

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

thunderspanks posted:

I own a 3rd gen Ford Escape and removing the battery requires also removing either the entire windshield wiper cowl or the entire air intake box first. Neither of them are beyond the scope of a DIY'er but it's just like.. incredibly loving stupid.

I had to change the 12v battery in my Prius once. They have contact points under the hood if you need a jump start which was nice, but the actual battery required the trunk liner to be removed to get at it.

It was also my first experience with an AGM battery, which was half the size and twice the weight of any other car battery I’ve replaced.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

TVs Ian posted:

I had to change the 12v battery in my Prius once. They have contact points under the hood if you need a jump start which was nice, but the actual battery required the trunk liner to be removed to get at it.

It was also my first experience with an AGM battery, which was half the size and twice the weight of any other car battery I’ve replaced.

When I replaced mine I dumbly closed the trunk so I could go out to Napa and buy and swap the battery all at once. When I got back I realized I couldn't open my trunk and I couldn't figure out the manual release so I ended up reinstalling it while squatting on the folded down seats

Also they recommend disconnecting the battery when replacing the brakes so it's an extra pain in the rear end

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 27, 2024

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

IBroughttheFunk posted:

It's kind of impressive just how how far he has strayed from what people genuinely liked about Twitter in the first place. Here he is, the head of what was once a premier microblogging site, genuinely going on about how it's a great idea for someone to post an entire goddamn book there.

Was always dumb when people said he bought the site to kill it when the reality is he's an extremely stupid guy with extremely stupid ideas.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Oooh, has Musk been ranting about the NY Times yet today? Because if so, here's the reason -

NY Times - "A Pivot to China Saved Elon Musk. It Also Binds Him to Beijing."

One small line that jumped out to me:

quote:

Mr. Musk has reportedly argued that there are two sides to repression in Xinjiang, home to the predominantly Muslim Uyghurs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He’s dumb but the people who gave him the money to buy it are not

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

euphronius posted:

Saudi Arabia did not chip in to kill the site. These people all do think he's a titan of industry.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Saying that he bought the site implies there was planning and intent. He didn't buy the site, it was thrust upon him and some of his liquidity was confiscated as punishment for his market-affecting and therefore legally binding public announcements he made while high

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

euphronius posted:

I have little doubt other rich fucks born into privilege are similarly dumb and gullible, actually

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There is def evidence for that yes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sentient Data posted:

Saying that he bought the site implies there was planning and intent. He didn't buy the site, it was thrust upon him and some of his liquidity was confiscated as punishment for his market-affecting and therefore legally binding public announcements he made while high

I do wonder if the people who were saying he planned this forgot how the purchase came about and that he tried desperately to get out of it or if they just didn't know the particulars. Because getting mad the CEO wasn't deferring to me in texts enough late at night to the point I'm eventually forced to pay double a site's worth is not how I'd go about plotting to take it down.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
That's why you are not a titan of industry.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Please don't post that the Chancery Court forced me to buy Twitter now known as X, you're making me look bad in front of the bots

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Was always dumb when people said he bought the site to kill it when the reality is he's an extremely stupid guy with extremely stupid ideas.

lol at posting a book on a microblogging platform where chronological order isnt the default. like imagine if a book or your academic paper's pages , paragraphs, or sentences start to shift around due to social media things.

or it blinking out of existence because either the owner got pissy or some other thing. what a loving holyshit stupid "alpha chad"

F4rt5
May 20, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I work at a successful auto plant and when we have new models or revisions we have loving quality testing that catches this poo poo. Like weekly meetings on which items need changes and their progress. Like we decided the folding armrest was a bit too loud so we are ordering thinner foam to reduce the friction. Dozens of issues ironed out before anything goes to market. I assume this is how most auto alerts work and that Tesla is just top down build it like we say.

So you work for a motor company that either adopted, or invented, the concept of «kaizen» which I guess Elon would think is a dumb foreign concept

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

holtemon posted:

Please don't post that the Chancery Court forced me to buy Twitter now known as X, you're making me look bad in front of the bots

Please don't go. The bots need you. They look up to you.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
that shithead has never read a book

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

gschmidl posted:

Not worth it.

It is if he gets a Trump Defamation sized settlement.

As a non-Twitter user... is that the original post in the middle, then the first reply at the bottom, then the second reply at the top? Who the gently caress comes up with this UI?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Zero VGS posted:

As a non-Twitter user... is that the original post in the middle, then the first reply at the bottom, then the second reply at the top? Who the gently caress comes up with this UI?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Yes, it is. Absolutely wild

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zero VGS posted:

It is if he gets a Trump Defamation sized settlement.

But he'd have to deal with these fucks and their bootlickers for months.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

gschmidl posted:

But he'd have to deal with these fucks and their bootlickers for months.

That's true, didn't Elon send a Russian hit squad after Liam Nissan? What happened with that?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

That's true, didn't Elon send a Russian hit squad after Liam Nissan? What happened with that?

Timothy Corolla is dead.

DEAD.

You insensitive gently caress.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Musk's classic "no u" defense

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

We must relentlessly defend the honor of X, the everything app

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

The objective reality is that Twitter is dying.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
But Elon and Linda and X the Everything App vehemently disagree

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
who's funding Dogcoin? what does dog coin do for a job and get paid?

stratego
May 6, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I work at a successful auto plant and when we have new models or revisions we have loving quality testing that catches this poo poo. Like weekly meetings on which items need changes and their progress. Like we decided the folding armrest was a bit too loud so we are ordering thinner foam to reduce the friction. Dozens of issues ironed out before anything goes to market. I assume this is how most auto alerts work and that Tesla is just top down build it like we say.

I work for automotive part company and we design and manufacturer some major parts and I regularly attend builds, prototype trials, and quality trials at our and customer facilities. There's myriad rules about servicability requirements.

I had a coworker for several years who left us to go do similar design at Tesla, and asked him sometime later about what sort of process and quality checks they had and how it compared to his previous experience. He told me the only checks happened inside the heart of the initial designer and no one was second checking anything.

Lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

it's the lack of self-awareness. this guy runs an elon propaganda account and is sharting out content virtually around the clock and that's fine but when the (((the legacy media))) dedicate 5 seconds to share the same article it's the loving spanish inquisition

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

this is the Tesla investorsphere in a nutshell. First person is still probably hodling and loves the car, but has legitimate concerns backed by numbers

The second person is a loving idiot, who was retweeted by a loving idiot

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
isnt Tesla such a lovely company/car that China couldnt even do its usually thing of of studying the company before kicking them out and releasing their own version ?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

kazil posted:

Elon's moved on to the next lawsuit against pure evil

Oh, wow, a state AG even worse than Ken Paxton. Jesus Christ, this guy tweets non-stop about poo poo that has nothing to do with his state (Missouri) and DEI/woke/whatever garbage in between. He's like the tough lawyer going after trucking companies that hurt you! but he's an AG going after "woke".

Wonder how many sales will be canceled because of that?

AlmightyBob posted:

lol elon requiring them to demo the $14k addon to all customers means poo poo is dire at tesla

Yeah, I was wondering if it meant that as well. Like, what if I don't want it and never intend to use it (if I were buying a Tesla, which I am not.)

Monica Bellucci posted:

Read, and understand! That Tesla is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop... ever, until you are dead!

:golfclap:

Is this the move fast, break stuff thing I keep hearing about in regards to Tesla? Building cars like a smart phone with no serviceable parts?

Why, yes, I would love for the battery, a part that HAS to be replaced from time to time, to be deep inside the fender blocked by both the tire, which the car rests upon, and the fender liner secured by many plastic fasteners and screws that definitely survive being right next to the wheel in perfectly usable condition.
Very convenient to replace in a dark parking lot in the snow or rain when it inevitably fails.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

kazil posted:

Musk's classic "no u" defense

Elon will never grasp that making fun of him is incredibly fun, that's why people keep doing it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Musk loves memes more than his kids. Unfortunately he understands memes as well as he understands his kids

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

crispix posted:

that shithead has never read a book

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
musk spends more time tiptapping his phone screen asking Gork how it is, than he does the kid he uses as a prop for photo ops.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:psyduck:

"Most books should be summarized because I'm really, really dumb and lazy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

"AI should just invent Cliff Notes"