Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if you're ever worried to post just remember dont be worried to post

this and several other life pro tips are available free to you if you happen to notice my posts while scrolling by trying to find the good posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
ya'll gotta relax

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

I refuse to make embarrassing posts because I don't want future generations to judge me

hold on, I'm getting a call about those future generations

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Rectal Death Alert posted:

I refuse to make embarrassing posts because I don't want future generations to judge me

hold on, I'm getting a call about those future generations

The story about how Nana had a full life of travel and treats except it was posting and cheetos

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Where do you see yourself in five years time?

"Rotting and stinking."

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

where we're going, we won't need graphs to lol

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

im_sorry posted:

"Rotting and stinking."

Perhaps you should take a shower, fellow goon :grin:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Biosphere related
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/03/27/are-you-kidding-me-property-owner-stunned-after-500000-house-built-wrong-lot/

quote:

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - Anger, accusations and legal action are firing up on the Big Island after a construction company built a half-million-dollar house on the wrong property.

The lot owner doesn’t want the house and has endured problems like higher taxes and squatters. Now, to add insult to injury, she’s being sued over someone else’s mistake.

The still vacant three-bedroom, two-bath house on a one-acre lot in Puna’s Hawaiian Paradise Park is worth about $500,000.

But it could cost a lot of people more than that as they head to court to sort it out.

It all started in 2018, when Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

The price was also right — available in a county tax auction for about $22,500.

But while she waited in California through the pandemic for the right time to use it, the lot was bulldozed and a house rose on the property. She was unaware of the construction until she got a call last year from a real estate broker who had learned the mistake.

“And then he informed me, ‘oh well, I just sold the house, and it happens to be on your property,’” Reynolds recalled.

“So we need to resolve this. And I’m like, what? Are you kidding me?”

What’s undisputed is that PJ’s Construction was hired by developer Keaau Development Partnership, LLC to build about a dozen homes on properties that the developers bought in the subdivision — where the lots are identified by telephone poles.

An attorney for PJ’s Construction said the developers didn’t want to hire surveyors.
before:

after:

I think the builder should be forced to return the lot to its previous state. They should have to bulldoze the house and replant all those plants with ones of the same age as the ones they cut down. People should think more than zero times before cutting down trees.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mr. Sharps posted:

can’t automate ecology sadly :(

skill issue

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Stereotype posted:

Biosphere related
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2024/03/27/are-you-kidding-me-property-owner-stunned-after-500000-house-built-wrong-lot/

before:

after:

I think the builder should be forced to return the lot to its previous state. They should have to bulldoze the house and replant all those plants with ones of the same age as the ones they cut down. People should think more than zero times before cutting down trees.

drat if tree law can be invoked here that woman is going to become extremely wealthy

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

It's fine there's no way "diverting or destroying" large amounts of milk contaminated with a dangerous virus known to infect humans will ever be done in a slipshod or corrupt way to minimize profit loss

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
[Biosphere] Seven Degrees Of Kevin Bacon Sizzling In The Sun

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It's fine there's no way "diverting or destroying" large amounts of milk contaminated with a dangerous virus known to infect humans will ever be done in a slipshod or corrupt way to minimize profit loss

I get my milk from small local farms for the extremely reasonable price in 2024 of about $18/gal.

What's that you say? Most people can't afford that and also a recent study just found that organic milk tends to have more PFAS in it than cheap poo poo?

Can't hear you over my music, please speak up (as I continue to turn the volume up until my decibel meters all flash red)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i assume higher PFAS in some organic stuff is down to plasticulture

impossible to avoid these things

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i think what's crack/pinging a bit is how casual the whole "btw bird flu is in US livestock now and happily jumping around different species but nbd" the whole thing seems. like it should be kind of important maybe ?? ( i know i know)

anyway ill take a double fries thanks,

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Good thing I'm not livestock

*Glances warily at HR department*

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
The funniest part is that the mistake happened because the developers cheaped out:

quote:

What’s undisputed is that PJ’s Construction was hired by developer Keaau Development Partnership, LLC to build about a dozen homes on properties that the developers bought in the subdivision — where the lots are identified by telephone poles.

An attorney for PJ’s Construction said the developers didn’t want to hire surveyors.

Also her reasons for wanting that property:

quote:

It all started in 2018, when Annaleine “Anne” Reynolds thought she’d found the perfect, serene parcel in Paradise Park to host her meditative healing women’s retreats.

“There’s a sacredness to it and the one that I chose to buy had all the right qualities,” she said.

The price was also right — available in a county tax auction for about $22,500.

I don't know how "serene" and "sacred" that property is going to be, sitting in the middle of a suburban residential development.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Ah the old "don't hire a surveyor to save money" trick. My favorite. :mad:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
I personally don't understand how they were able to get approvals to build without a survey plan. It's one of the most basic requirements for development.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Call if they cheaped out on the surveys they probably didn't bother with the rest of that either

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

Hubbert posted:

I personally don't understand how they were able to get approvals to build without a survey plan. It's one of the most basic requirements for development.

haole finders keepers keepers law means you can just toss a costco rotisserie chicken into the air and wherever it lands is yours

kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

milk from the sick animals is being diverted or destroyed

festering milk lakes are back! (they never left)

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Hubbert posted:

they probably faked it, or bribed the county official, or it just got rubber stamped by someone who never reads any of the applications. at least in Honolulu the department of planning and permitting is super corrupt and awful. I can’t imagine it’s any different in Puna.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow, your mom's been busy

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Hubbert posted:

why would you need approvals? what are you even talking about. just do a thing if the contractor cares hire someone else

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
once you get to the late game and resources are running low you really should switch to a caster based army has anyone considered doing that???

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

frozenphil posted:

once you get to the late game and resources are running low you really should switch to a caster based army has anyone considered doing that???

Start casting psionic storm and we'll talk, until then MORE TANKS!

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

frozenphil posted:

we're about to mine out the map and float our command centers to the corners of the map

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
The climate crisis is undeniably real, but it won't be the end of the world. Tomorrow, the planet will still be here, whether it's better or worse, and we'll all have to live in it. While it's understandable to feel hopeless, surrendering isn't an environmentally responsible choice. In this episode, Adam talks with Dr. Hannah Ritchie, author of "Not the End of the World: How We Can Be the First Generation to Build a Sustainable Planet," about striving for a future that not only averts disaster but also fosters a healthier planet overall.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Mola Yam posted:

The climate crisis is undeniably real, but it won't be the end of the world. Tomorrow, the planet will still be here, whether it's better or worse, and we'll all have to live in it. While it's understandable to feel hopeless, surrendering isn't an environmentally responsible choice. In this episode, Adam talks with Dr. Hannah Ritchie, author of "Not the End of the World: How We Can Be the First Generation to Build a Sustainable Planet," about striving for a future that not only averts disaster but also fosters a healthier planet overall.

syq

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP3L1bmwxjQ

lol the comments ain't buyin it

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

you know technically a dead planet is very sustainable

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

To be clear, most of you will die. Not me though, I'm rich and well insulated from consequences

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Wasn’t she recently brought up as being a clueless Pollyanna? Sure I read about her lately and some others like Mann being stalwart defenders of “it’s no big loving deal, bro”.

EDIT: Hey yeah, it was you. Do that song where everyone dies lives of climate change.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Mar 27, 2024

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
When we're back down to about 500 million population we can regroup and consider how to live sustainably within whatever biosphere exists

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Mola Yam posted:

and we'll all have to live in it.

yeah, think we found the flawed underlying assumption

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I present the duality of man:

Pessimism:
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1769827430875775298

Optimism:
https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Cameron_LA

SELL TO WHO BEN, loving AQUAMAN?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

we could be the first generation to build a sustainable planet, but I wouldn’t want to take that honour away from our children

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

well I guess we’ll have to wait and see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Cameron barely exists there’s like 400 people in the entire county their hope ain’t gonna help goku.