Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Bashez posted:

Okay so discussing KB of clustering. It seems fully intended for single target hence clustering. The radius on the explosions suggest 100% overlap on single target. Out of the box it's a 500% damage effectiveness skill with a whole truckload of potential flat damage added. Is this not incredible? Even if you ignore the mana portion it would be the single target wand skill of choice, no?

So that's the thing, the gem wording is not at all clear on if you actually will get the overlaps or not. Traditional KB did NOT have any overlap capability on a single target barring tight spaces/walls, but they did change the gem text in the gem info somewhat for it to more closely match the wording of KB of Clustering. But no mention of mechanical changes to KB in the patch notes. So we don't know if the explosions on KB of clustering are distributed AT the secondary radius or WITHIN the secondary radius. The former would mean no overlaps I think, while the latter could mean some overlaps.

I think it's one to watch closely after league start once it can actually be tested. If KB of Clustering and/or the new wisp support has shotgun potential with it, it could mean for some obscene damage. The base radius numbers also don't even look that bad for clear, so it may be a one-skill-wonder for wanders lol. I'm very interested in it as the mana scaling could take the DPS to astronomical heights. Or it could be DOA if you can't shotgun at all lol

e: Now I can't stop pondering a Ballista Hiero setup with the new KB, cold convert, should be a primo Sanctum runner right???

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wait isn’t “exceptional” awakened? Is this another source of awakened gems because that might convince me to lab run again

I love that I have new stuff to learn. This dumb game never gets old

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Exceptional = Enlighten, Empower, Enhance

Being able to swap an Enlighten for an Awakened Enlighten would be hella broken, but yes, that is another means of getting Awakened gems.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 27, 2024

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020
I've never actually played EA Ballista so I'm strongly considering it this league. What's the advantage for the Elementalist version over Champ, just more damage versus survivability?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Way way way (way) more damage and aoe .

I would not do champion in soft core

I’ve down eagles ballista like 4 times now . Would recommend it’s totally legit

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And for those that skipped last league, you can no longer flip level 20 skill gems for level 1 20 quality skills. You can only do that on support gems now. Low level labs can add quality to your main skill to save your gcps.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Traitorous Leopard posted:

So that's the thing, the gem wording is not at all clear on if you actually will get the overlaps or not. Traditional KB did NOT have any overlap capability on a single target barring tight spaces/walls, but they did change the gem text in the gem info somewhat for it to more closely match the wording of KB of Clustering. But no mention of mechanical changes to KB in the patch notes. So we don't know if the explosions on KB of clustering are distributed AT the secondary radius or WITHIN the secondary radius. The former would mean no overlaps I think, while the latter could mean some overlaps.

I think it's one to watch closely after league start once it can actually be tested. If KB of Clustering and/or the new wisp support has shotgun potential with it, it could mean for some obscene damage. The base radius numbers also don't even look that bad for clear, so it may be a one-skill-wonder for wanders lol. I'm very interested in it as the mana scaling could take the DPS to astronomical heights. Or it could be DOA if you can't shotgun at all lol

That's really interesting.

You can spellslinger tornado to get the explosions sort of around your feet but it will eat a pierce/chain/fork immediately. Would be a single target boost but you're virtually melee.

The fear of no overlaps is enough to make me not league start it, as much as I love bricking my league starts.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

do I go with hexblast miner or jump on the DD train?

I think I'd like a boss rusher for league start, I kind of ended up doing that during 3.22 with EA Elementalist

It sounds like DD is the boss damage king but I'm not sure about the 2 button playstyle and how finicky it is to "fish for big ignites"

I have never played more than 2 characters in a league, so I'd prefer the leaguestarter to have some decent headroom to scale. I kinda bounced off of last league early because I hit a wall with CF Champ much earlier than my previous EA Elementalist and lost interest.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Bugsy posted:

And for those that skipped last league, you can no longer flip level 20 skill gems for level 1 20 quality skills. You can only do that on support gems now. Low level labs can add quality to your main skill to save your gcps.

boo. BOOOOOO

gently caress that

Well thanks for saving me the time of keeping gems on my 2nd loadout on the back burner I guess :smith:

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Frank Frank posted:

Ugh. I was lab runner guy last league. Hopefully this isn’t a requirement because I’m tired of izaro (sp?) and his buddies.

It's the only way to get transfigured gems if you want them (or trade, of course).

Or just use a build that doesn't use transfigured gems.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Frank Frank posted:

Ugh. I was lab runner guy last league. Hopefully this isn’t a requirement because I’m tired of izaro (sp?) and his buddies.

Only if you play SSF.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Challenge rewards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipv9WTT1vxs

Just cosmetics, but they have special effects (if you unlock them to the latest tier, I think?). Kinda neat!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

totalnewbie posted:

Only if you play SSF.

Yeah, as far as we could tell, no particular transfigured gem was rarer than others. At league start you could get anything for a few chaos.

Note that this probably won't be exactly the same, since people have some ideas of how the gems work. And it did change as league went on - I think I bought penance brand of dissipation on day 3 for like 5c and it would later be a few div once people realized how busted it was.

But I bet you'll be able to get off meta stuff p quick.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

xZAOx posted:

Challenge rewards https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipv9WTT1vxs

Just cosmetics, but they have special effects (if you unlock them to the latest tier, I think?). Kinda neat!

69 trades on the boots, and Oppressor thrown away in the trash.

Love these devs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Forgot the Frosted Fishscale Gauntlets of Skill though.

(For those of you who need the reference)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

whypick1 posted:

Forgot the Frosted Fishscale Gauntlets of Skill though.

(For those of you who need the reference)

Dang, yo

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Recently Asked Questions. One clarification I don't recall seeing earlier is that Archmage's additional mana cost is added to the skill's base mana cost, not the final cost.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

whypick1 posted:

Recently Asked Questions. One clarification I don't recall seeing earlier is that Archmage's additional mana cost is added to the skill's base mana cost, not the final cost.

Yeah I was wrong thinking it may not get multiplied by supports. It's going to be slightly more expensive than current archmage but of course you'll scale the cost down.

My track record with archmage, warcries (not my fault!), and possibly trans KB has been pretty bad recently.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
https://pobb.in/U8Jm0xR_gCIW

this is a really stupid i dea right. occultist bcos idk, want to use blackflame eventually to do chaos conversion and that feels like it should be occultist and i want profane bloom lol. never done ignite or hexblast and there were like two builds that looked sane i could find i tried to rip off but ive probably done something extremely stupid.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Im no expert but you’re going to want a metric fuckton of es leech and the instant leech mastery.

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

euphronius posted:

Way way way (way) more damage and aoe .

I would not do champion in soft core

I’ve down eagles ballista like 4 times now . Would recommend it’s totally legit

is eagles ballista an item/guide creator or just autocorrect loving around?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i put together a Lightning tendrils of Eccentricity Inquisitor starter so I either deeply need help or I'm not planning on playing much of the league

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

How annoying is the 2button thing on DD builds?

Is it going to be so much damage that I won't care on bosses?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Wave of Conviction MTX I had on my watchlist just went on sale, so my starter is now confirmed. And this is maybe the 4th time this has happened...:tinfoil:

shimmy shimmy posted:

is eagles ballista an item/guide creator or just autocorrect loving around?

It's ducking autocorrect, probably meant "explosive", not "eagle".

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

whypick1 posted:

It's ducking autocorrect, probably meant "explosive", not "eagle".

Eagle MTX when GGG

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

xZAOx posted:

Eagle MTX when GGG

The time is now

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
best totem MTX is the book one, imho

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

What league starters are you all going with?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

neurotech posted:

Intuitive link essence drain desperation of dying chaos golems of hordes necromancer of morons

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jk but welcome to my intrusive pre league thoughts

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Not good enough. I need eagle MTX for arrow skills, so the ballista totem can shoot eagles that explode on contact.

neurotech posted:

After bailing on Affliction early because my first two builds both ended up dying way too much (meaning I missed my chance to drop 500 mirrors no doubt), I'm going with something tanky.

So either TR Pathfinder (probably peuget's?) or EA Champion. Probably TR PF because I've been wanting to play pathfinder lately (I love flask goodies).

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

In this liminal space between leagues I'm wasting time by condensing some remove-only stash tabs in Standard. But it doesn't let me put maps from remove-only tabs back into the regular map tab there, am I missing something?

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

bawfuls posted:

In this liminal space between leagues I'm wasting time by condensing some remove-only stash tabs in Standard. But it doesn't let me put maps from remove-only tabs back into the regular map tab there, am I missing something?

There should be a button on the remove only tab to convert the maps to the current series so they can be placed in your map tab. I think you can also convert them by vendoring them if you already took them out of the tab

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

neurotech posted:

LA Deadeye, gotta zoom through them Legions. Possible last second chicken-out into Splitting Steel Champ again. That was really strong last league as a starter.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Doing sub’s frostblink fire trap ignite to start.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Elementalist Ignite Wave of Conviction --> EK

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Assuming my friend really does decide to go minions, I'm also going to start minions (the Zoomancer leveling build I linked above).

I honestly will probably go that way anyway, and maybe pivot to BAMA necro if my friends decide they actually want to try some degen group MF strats. The CoC DD build does call to me but it doesn't have new the witch VA.

J
Jun 10, 2001

In case anyone is wondering about the MF strat empyrian's group is going to be using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-oozQJguQI

tl;dw: Divination scarabs + horned scarab of bloodlines + maximum map mod effect + maximum natural map inhabitants added to abuse the horned scarab. Picking maps with good div cards in your 12 favorites is worth more than the diluting the pool of possible div card drops takes away. Horned scarab of bloodlines probably going to be the most expensive scarab. Also they wrote an app to figure out the average value of card drops in a 12 map pool to figure out the best 12 maps to favorite lol

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Think I’m gonna start an eblade battle mage. Generic enough to plug in some good trans gems I come across but I’m gunning for the new tornado. Maybe pair it with FS of Pelting or the buffed void sphere. Lit Condy of the Heavens also could be pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Setec_Astronomy posted:

Assuming my friend really does decide to go minions, I'm also going to start minions (the Zoomancer leveling build I linked above).

I honestly will probably go that way anyway, and maybe pivot to BAMA necro if my friends decide they actually want to try some degen group MF strats. The CoC DD build does call to me but it doesn't have new the witch VA.

I was going to suggest a Guardian might complement your friend's minion build, but that does mean no new Witch dialog, as you mentioned. Totally understand that decision.