Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

carrionman posted:

Man, I saw the greatest FI driver of our generation had finally lost a race, through no fault of his own and I wondered if SA had a thread to talk about it.

What the gently caress is this place and what the gently caress is wrong with all of you? What the poo poo is happening in here?

why are there so many of these stupid newbies making this post over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Colostomy Bag posted:

Every once in awhile we do talk about F1.

Legit

We've even had the same argument about guillotines and lusting for death I'm pretty sure

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

carrionman posted:

Man, I saw the greatest FI driver of our generation had finally lost a race, through no fault of his own and I wondered if SA had a thread to talk about it.

What the gently caress is this place and what the gently caress is wrong with all of you? What the poo poo is happening in here?

Lewis hasn't won a race in like three years, what are you talking about

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

the milk machine posted:

they should add one of those old school car ashtrays to the cars and the drivers have to very carefully stuff the tearoffs in there

My dad had a Plymouth Horizon with ashtrays in the armrests. I would fill them with candy wrappers.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Full Collapse posted:

My dad had a Plymouth Horizon with ashtrays in the armrests. I would fill them with candy wrappers.

Proof of concept

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

ITT post your role in society after the revolution

professional cigarette smoker

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

carrionman posted:

inside jokes that have been fermenting since about 2008, give or take

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Oh good, the Max fan replacement is here. The last one just broke.

Time to #AskQuestions about why people don't like Max, and why Lewis wears those "loud outfits " all the time.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

they should add one of those old school car ashtrays to the cars and the drivers have to very carefully stuff the tearoffs in there

this is a plot point in the movie "ferrari" starring adam driver

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Paying2Lurk posted:

Time to #AskQuestions about why people don't like Max, and why Lewis wears those "loud outfits " all the time.

:rip: khablam

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

ArmedZombie posted:

this is a plot point in the movie "ferrari" starring adam driver

is it any good? i dl'ed it already but haven't watched it yet... i figured if it hasn't really come up in this thread it's not very good or bad

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

the milk machine posted:

is it any good? i dl'ed it already but haven't watched it yet... i figured if it hasn't really come up in this thread it's not very good or bad

It's directed by Michael Mann so it owns. the CGI car crash is p funny though ngl

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

It's worth watching. The look and sound are great. The cgi isn't as bad as everyone says imo. Patrick Dempsey as Taruffi is insanely charismatic.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

carrionman posted:

michael hit his head on rock

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ilmucche posted:

Literally every person I've ever heard say this is a terrible person sadly

No! No! Different posts, unlike this one!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_PCTvR5MPg

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
added to the watch list, thanks ops!

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

e: spoilers for the ferrari movie!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4ItiBBO8c

ArmedZombie fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Mar 28, 2024

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Tony quidprano posted:

It's directed by Michael Mann so it owns. the CGI car crash is p funny though ngl

I feel like there’s massive uncanny valley in CGI right now and it irritates the poo poo out of me. What I like about Christopher Nolan is his preference for real effects. The Trinity blast in Oppenheimer was completely underwhelming to me as a Cold War history buff, but I appreciate Nolan using real explosives.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

carrionman posted:

lol

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
welcome to the worst thread

is everyone doing okay?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Does someone have the how to pick an f1 driver map i think the OP had in some thread years ago? It was how I picked Bottas years and years ago and cant remeber exactly what it looked like. And it was in Bottas boring years

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

welcome to the worst thread

is everyone doing okay?

No. Quid mentioned Michael Mann so by law I am required to watch Heat again.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rhopunzel posted:

ITT post your role in society after the revolution

I think my reward for being an early adopter should be someone important, like a party official. No I don't want to work on a factory floor lol do I look like some kind of rube

Baker

carrionman posted:

The F1 chat comes to an end around the Monday after a race when someone makes a hot take about how the whole car is made out of wood, or how the Papaya Boys are not the most lovable duo on the grid and the whole thread melts down until there is another race.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
forza ferrari

also the lads at stake f1 are not good lads who mean well as they obviously used an inferior br*tish design wheelnut instead of a molto bene italian one

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

wicka posted:

phwoar wicka your av

hakkinen looking phresh

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

forza ferrari

also the lads at stake f1 are not good lads who mean well as they obviously used an inferior br*tish design wheelnut instead of a molto bene italian one

Sauber is based in Switzerland, update your jokes accordingly

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
no

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
Remember when years ago some mod tried to tell us to tone it down and we told him to gently caress off? Good time
#bringbackTonyMontana

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Every opportunity to rewatch Heat is a blessing from god Wicka.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Zeta Acosta posted:

Remember when years ago some mod tried to tell us to tone it down and we told him to gently caress off? Good time
#bringbackTonyMontana

:pray:

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

welcome 2 Clown Town posted:

forza ferrari

I loved the part where they had an extra wheel nut that went rolling down and across the pit lane during the race. I think they found it eventually.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Finished The Formula. Excellent read, highly recommend. Their breakdown of the Abu Dhabi fiasco is excellent.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
just found out the guy that founded jersey mike's isn't even named jersey mike, or even regular mike. this has shaken me to the core

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I feel like the Scott brothers were a talented duo. One gave us Alien and the other gave us Top Gun.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Paying2Lurk posted:

this is funny because youre referring to me but that post was the opposite of what your implying: I LIKE Lewis' outfits and wanted to know what the story behind them was (which I learned are usually black fashion designers who arent very well known which is p cool).

I cant imagine why the thread gets toxic (and I am guilty of being infected with this toxicity myself), when a "Hey I dig Lewis' outfits, what's the story? Oh thats dope!" gets turned into "REMEMBER THE POSTER WHO ASKED ABOUT LEWIS OUTFITS BC HE HATES THEM FLAMBOYANT FOLKS"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Buddy, you're no Tony. Maybe you will be one day, but you're gonna be banned long before that happens.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
They'd need to be adapted for the helmets and aero needs but roll-offs exist for DH/MX and instead of pulling off a single layer it's like a continuous roll of plastic that gets advanced so there's a fresh section over the visor when they pull a lil thing

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Tony quidprano posted:

Every opportunity to rewatch Heat is a blessing from god Wicka.

I watched it for the first time a few months ago, wondering why they split up a fast paced slick action movie with a 20 minute art film about unrequited love?

gently caress I miss action movies with Val Kilmer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Sunk Dunk posted:

just found out the guy that founded jersey mike's isn't even named jersey mike, or even regular mike. this has shaken me to the core

club supreme mikes way imo