Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

you're not even going to show up, are you

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/RBMEllis/status/1772656331989667999

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

joe biden was senator for five years by time the bridge opened lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Yeah and they all sucked

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

so it’s Carter’s fault

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

calling yourself 'That Well-Adjusted Biden Guy' should get you put on a watch list

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

How many piles of cash have we sent to Ukraine and Israel again? No wonder we're suddenly, inexplicably strapped.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

that's the mayor of wilmington in a bathrobe doing that to carper

Is that the guy, a republican, he traded the state governorship to be a senator?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

How many piles of cash have we sent to Ukraine and Israel again? No wonder we're suddenly, inexplicably strapped.

It'd be like 20-50 million per bridge to pour them concrete safety bumpers, which by my calculation is a loving bargain considering the billions of arms and dollars we have 'given' ukraine and israel, and also the $3 billion blank check we've been giving israel every year since before that bridge was built.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Does everyone saying "dolphins wouldn't have prevented this collision" understand that whatever design they go with for the replacement they're going to build a bunch of those things?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Is that the guy, a republican, he traded the state governorship to be a senator?

No, that was the Mike Castle/Tom Carper swap thing in 1992.

Mayor Mike Purzycki is was a Republican though, and he won the Dem primary by switching, cornering a crowded field in 2016 as the only white guy, and switch the registration of a bunch of Wilmington wealthy Republicans. He's also the dad of the Fyre Festival dude: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Purzycki

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
someone alert that “things Biden has done” Twitter account, he has Done a thing

https://x.com/potus/status/1773126622427681046?s=46

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Nichael posted:

No, that was the Mike Castle/Tom Carper swap thing in 1992.

Mayor Mike Purzycki is was a Republican though, and he won the Dem primary by switching, cornering a crowded field in 2016 as the only white guy, and switch the registration of a bunch of Wilmington wealthy Republicans. He's also the dad of the Fyre Festival dude: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mick_Purzycki

RIP fyre festival

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

so it’s Carter’s fault

Should have given the bridge a concrete sweater

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

It does... count towards your credit score...

is this guy real?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Officer Sandvich posted:

Does everyone saying "dolphins wouldn't have prevented this collision" understand that whatever design they go with for the replacement they're going to build a bunch of those things?

There will never be a replacement.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

I love the Women-Americans! I agree with the majority of the 19th Amendment! It's my Favorite!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nichael posted:

I love the Women-Americans! I agree with the majority of the 19th Amendment! It's my Favorite!

one of the funniest things Biden regularly does is to say, “women hold up half the sky”

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Asproigerosis posted:

It does... count towards your credit score...

is this guy real?

Does it? Not in the US it doesn’t, unless you get a judgement for some reason related to the lease but otherwise, like utilities, credit scores don’t give a poo poo about it

The reason being that credit scores only care about debt and a real property lease isn’t considered debt the same way an auto lease would be (because a financial institution isn’t involved)

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Does it? Not in the US it doesn’t, unless you get a judgement for some reason related to the lease but otherwise, like utilities, credit scores don’t give a poo poo about it

Admittedly I have no idea how credit score works

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
it does if you pay your rent on a credit card, which is a thing that many rental companies now force tenants to do while tacking on a 5% “convenience fee”

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
If rent doesn't matter for credit scores, why do landlords require a credit score report for you to be able to rent? Checkmate liberals :smug:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Joementum posted:

it does if you pay your rent on a credit card, which is a thing that many rental companies now force tenants to do while tacking on a 5% “convenience fee”

Lmao for real? I have never had a landlord who would even consider taking a credit card. Most of them wanted a mailed check or money order

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

MadSparkle posted:

empathy itself in general has become an abstract thing people talk about in theory but more for themselves and not for others , it just comes off as self obsession

https://twitter.com/ok_post_guy/status/1773094652704444675

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Nichael posted:

He fondly remembers how his father proudly told him about its passage when he was a lad.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sorry I meant to say RIP firefly festival, the landmark delaware concert experience that is now dead

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

Baltimore is an American city, it's supposed to be there!
wtf does "we're not leaving until it's done" even loving mean?! Once we rebuild the bridge we're kicking Baltimore out of the union?!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao for real? I have never had a landlord who would even consider taking a credit card. Most of them wanted a mailed check or money order

it’s a thing now with large multi-unit landlords who collect rent via a web portal that allows them to arbitrarily charge fees

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

frozenphil posted:

wtf does "we're not leaving until it's done" even loving mean?! Once we rebuild the bridge we're kicking Baltimore out of the union?!

He means he can't drive home to Delaware. He's stuck at the White House with all these strangers bothering his dog and keeping him up at night.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
drat, missed YA book chat. Would've put Animorphs out there is being good

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

Joementum posted:

it’s a thing now with large multi-unit landlords who collect rent via a web portal that allows them to arbitrarily charge fees

oh yes I recall my sister living in one of those places, always huge fees, no one showing up to fix anything broken, just a total poo poo show
but it had a doggy day spa

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Obamailures did the same thing. We'll see it again in 20whatever when Gavin is our new progressive hope. Every young dumb group of idealistic early 20 year olds get their own.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/AK_Organizer/status/1773125141066637631?s=20

:downs:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The kind of post where I have to check their timeline to see whether they have a point or should gently caress themselves

(it's the second one)

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

frozenphil posted:

We're going to turn it over to the Taliban.

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Joementum posted:

can't afford a mammogram but at least I can go sit in this lovely golda meir park and cry about it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

The kind of post where I have to check their timeline to see whether they have a point or should gently caress themselves

(it's the second one)

lmao I did too

b*rnie reminds me of my ex-boyfriend and he sucks but for reasons like supporting genocide and endorsing notorious rapist, joe biden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/BarackObama/status/1773128028547121446?s=20

quote:

Joe Lieberman and I didn’t always see eye-to-eye, but he had an extraordinary career in public service, including four decades spent fighting for the people of Connecticut. He also worked hard to repeal “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” and helped us pass the Affordable Care Act. In both cases the politics were difficult, but he stuck to his principles because he knew it was the right thing to do. Michelle and I extend our deepest condolences to Hadassah and the Lieberman family.