Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You don't understand what he believes he is trying to do. He thinks this will initiate a "race to the top" where tons of people start doing things for subscribers and create the greatest content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
DEI hire? i barely know her

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Monica Bellucci posted:

Elon kets out during the week now, too.

now being years ago?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

PhazonLink posted:

now being years ago?

Contract canceled

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh wow, i didn't even catch that was 2500 paid subscribers, i though that was just idiotic wording for having a bunch of verified followers. That's less benefit than telling a waitress that she doesn't need to share her tips with the kitchen for a night

thathonkey posted:

DEI hire? i barely know her

I'm surprised nobody's gotten on elon's case about lindoreo being a dei hire. Can he point to any benefit she's given the company?

I get that the most likely plan was just hiring a scapegoat, but he doesn't understand he needs to influence from the shadows for that to give him any real protection

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Sentient Data posted:

Oh wow, i didn't even catch that was 2500 paid subscribers, i though that was just idiotic wording for having a bunch of verified followers.

I think that's what he actually meant. I think even he can't keep track of the stupid loving names of their services anymore.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Grok, I'm burning to death, please put doors in unhinged mode

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
All 7 other people will be in a world of savings!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
its the twitter version of how a banana is, just barking a nice round number that feel right.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

It's really great seeing stuff like this because it keeps confirming that Musk is DROWNING and "X" is going up in smoke.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

E the Shaggy posted:

It's really great seeing stuff like this because it keeps confirming that Musk is DROWNING and "X" is going up in smoke.

Actually he's giving away premium for free. Do companies that have problems making money give things away for free? Obviously not. X is doing better than ever.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

ben shapino posted:

Actually he's giving away premium for free. Do companies that have problems making money give things away for free? Obviously not. X is doing better than ever.

“Going forward, it is mandatory in North America to activate X Premium+ and do a live demo of Premium+ features with all new sign-ups before handing over the account to them. Almost no one actually realizes how well Premium+ actually works. I know this will slow down the account creation process, but it is nonetheless a hard requirement.”

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 28, 2024

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Rad Russian posted:

“Going forward, it is mandatory in North America to activate X Premium+ and do a live demo of Premium+ features with all new sign-ups before handing over the account to them. Almost no one actually realizes how well Premium+ actually works. I know this will slow down the account creation process, but it is nonetheless a hard requirement.”

That's what she said 🤣🤣🤣

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Pancho Jueves posted:

He's definitely curious what Grimes is up to right now.

No he's not! Here's proof that he's not thinking about her at this very moment!

If he were thinking about her, he would still be following her! Checkmate!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Introducing my new chatbot TLDR

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Steadiman posted:

You may laugh but elon just saved himself $20 a month! Now that’s just smart business

$44,000,000,000 / $20 a month, He'll break even in just over 183,333,333 years.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I swear you can hear him sniffing and twitching as he says this on a K-binge.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

I Greyhound posted:

All 7 other people will be in a world of savings!

By Grokthars' hammer!

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

that's gonna halve twitter's income

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Faces of Dumb

Top Rox
Mar 27, 2010
Felon musk

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Platystemon posted:

Gonna have an LLM abridge the Bible and see how many heresies I can create.

The Boerus Heresy

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Isn't paraphrasing the Bible literally against the word of the Bible? I'm sure there's a verse in there saying that changing it in any way gets you damned for eternity.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Small Strange Bird posted:

Isn't paraphrasing the Bible literally against the word of the Bible? I'm sure there's a verse in there saying that changing it in any way gets you damned for eternity.

If god didn't want their words to be changed why did god invent white out!

(just had another look at the dead sea scrolls, um you'd probably need yellow'ish/brown out, with maybe a hint of orange, out or something. I'm sure that's a thing. A thing god invented.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Paraphrasing the Bible is written about in the Bible! There's a verse in there saying that changing it will impact you for all eternity.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

That's the qu'ran.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DRINK ME posted:

Has he never wished a book kept going? Wanted to know what happened next? Does he have no curiosity at all?

Yeah, this horse poo poo is just so completely alien to me. I genuinely love to read and the experience of being transported to another world, and appreciating how a good author can use language to precisely convey thoughts, feelings, moods etc is something that keeps surprising and delighting me time and time again.

But I suppose "well well well, a woke dumbass made rings of power (because DEI hadn't been invented yet :crylaugh: :crylaugh:: crylaugh:) and doomed the world, but then a bunch of hobbits journey to the end of the world to throw the ring into a volcano to save the world. Now that's affirmative action :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:" is also good.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

I'm not sure he knows that editors exist in the first place, so of course he thinks a book is just a huge collection of tweet word vomit

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sentient Data posted:

I'm not sure he knows that editors exist in the first place, so of course he thinks a book is just a huge collection of tweet word vomit

Editing is woke censorship!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also, you often lose a lot when you summarize -although this does depend on the author and subject- and while sometimes this may not matter, on other stuff it does, and can help you develop a more in-depth view of a topic that just the dot points wouldn't.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

dr_rat posted:

If god didn't want their words to be changed why did god invent white out!

I think this means Mike Nesmith is the Messiah?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Unkempt posted:

I think this means Mike Nesmith is the Messiah?

Yes. Like have you not being praying to the almighty mike?

Lame.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I don’t watch movies. I just watch a ten minute summary on YouTube and read the Wikipedia page. I have watched 300,000 movies

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

N. Senada posted:

I don’t watch movies. I just watch a ten minute summary on YouTube and read the Wikipedia page

You're putting in too much effort, all you need to do is watch the movie's Final Trailer

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Lone Badger posted:

That's the qu'ran.

One of the last verses of Revelation warns against changing the words in any way and same with Deuteronomy

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

DRINK ME posted:

Has he never wished a book kept going? Wanted to know what happened next? Does he have no curiosity at all?

I’m pretty sure it’s a No to all three. Richest man in the world, could task people to summarise books for him or to research anything he was interested in or wanted to understand, but he’s too busy reading tweeter and posting one word replies to think about anything else.

Supposedly Jeff Bezos does not understand music or why anyone could like it. billionaires are just barely human

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Yeah, this horse poo poo is just so completely alien to me. I genuinely love to read and the experience of being transported to another world, and appreciating how a good author can use language to precisely convey thoughts, feelings, moods etc is something that keeps surprising and delighting me time and time again.

But I suppose "well well well, a woke dumbass made rings of power (because DEI hadn't been invented yet :crylaugh: :crylaugh:: crylaugh:) and doomed the world, but then a bunch of hobbits journey to the end of the world to throw the ring into a volcano to save the world. Now that's affirmative action :crylaugh: :crylaugh: :crylaugh:" is also good.

Yeah, same. It says so much about a certain sort of mind that Elon wants to use a machine to just tell him how every book ends so he can claim to have read it. Very revealing about what he (and people like him) think the purpose or enjoyment of reading is.

It's like the 1950s Drive-In Diner for Teslas he's building. It'll have a screen to show movies...but he's specifically said it'll only show clips of movies. Because why would you need to see anything but the most epic bits :crylaugh:? Would you rather see one film with 90% boring bits or 50 epic bits from 50 films?

A husk of a human being. Plus you can just imagine the clips Elon will tee up to be shown on a continual loop at his diner...

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

You don't understand what he believes he is trying to do. He thinks this will initiate a "race to the top" where tons of people start doing things for subscribers and create the greatest content

If you're popular enough to make thousands of dollars on my platform you can also save 10 dollars! What a deal!

As an aside anyone know what's the cut that Twitter takes from subscribers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

You're putting in too much effort, all you need to do is watch the movie's Final Trailer

I just watch Pitch Meetings instead of entire movies.