Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Data Graham posted:

Are those uh

are those bread sandwiches

Having to dislocate your jaw or take your sandwich apart to eat it is a sign of fine dining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://www.allrecipes.com/7-eleven-miracle-seltzer-collab-8620789

Rest in Peace Haljordan

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Chuds McGreedy posted:

Wasn’t he truth socializing about “candidates running for office should not be charged during election time”, or something to that effect? Could’ve sworn that got posted ITT. He’s desperate, for anything, or anyone, to DO SOMETHING.

This is pretty much his entire argument up to this point yes

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Willatron posted:

I have an electric stove top and make some pretty tasty food on it that tastes identical to the same food I've cooked on gas stove tops in the past so I'm pretty sure you're all crazy.

Your brain is seized with electro-mania delusions and you need the wholesome effects of inhaled gas to cure it

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Here, take it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
Meatloaf was on the Apprentice and then he Herman Cained out and no one seemed to care.

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

twit666 posted:

Here, take it.

Oh hello future nightmare, good of you to stop by.

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021
meatloaf!
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-...%20joined%20Mr.

the man LOVES meatloaf!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Those are some thick rear end sandwiches.

I had some left over roast beef cut about 2/3 that thick in a sandwich last night with some horseradish lettuce and tomato. Was a very good sandwich the size of a burger no need for seconds.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yeah, installed a high-spec induction range when we renovated and it's sick, way better than gas.

The first time you see a big pan of water brought to the boil in like 30s is very satisfying. Temp control is better, you can use the non-active surface for plating or mise-en-place, it's so easy to clean, no chance of exploding your house or setting your kids on fire, no inhaling combustion products, more eco-friendly.
Induction supremacy.

To avoid repeating these arguments, I would rather question the premise. That we can't ban gas stoves because cooking "enthusiasts" will get mad makes as much sense as not having fuel efficiency standards because of V8 fanboys or gun laws because of operator cosplayers. Tough poo poo.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
99.9% of Americans can’t cook anywhere near the level where there is any significant difference between electric/gas/what ever the gently caress.

But yeah, better keep the gas ones that are objectively worse for our health.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

explosivo posted:

When you're stuck renting forever because all the boomers are squatting on the good houses in your area and when people move out they flip them for many hundreds of thousands more than the previous owners paid for it you have no choice in stoves and you make due because holy gently caress, my own stove!!

Lol pretty much this, but also electric works fine for like 90% of cooking. It’s definitely more of a pain than gas because you have to account for it a lot more w/ heat response, no easy sautéing, etc but it’s fine. Induction would be preferable I think. And from an operating engineers perspective, it’s really, really nice when you don’t have natural gas in the building because it fully eliminates a whole slew of safety issues.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I don't give a poo poo about cast iron

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
That's one chicken rear end bear.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
yes presidents should be immune to the law, and people campaigning should be immune to the law

that's like up to 10+ years of being immune to the law in a row

i'm sure you would like that donald! (assuming he's reading this)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Lamech posted:

haha one of these people went to prison

Lmao

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
i can't understand why scientists don't just invent a microwave that points up

Jerk Burger
Jul 4, 2003

King of the Monkeys

Lamech posted:

whatever method gets my steak well done

Speed is the answer, and nothing beats a microwaved steak.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Jerk Burger posted:

Speed is the answer, and nothing beats a microwaved steak.

this goon gets it. slop that up

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Hotdog water is one of the most unappetizing flavors you can say it brings disgust. Why would you make a hotdog flavored water? How to ruin ramen, cook it in hotdog water.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Nobody can stop you from ordering steak and water

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Let me see what's happening there's been hundreds of posts since I looked yesterday.

Oh, goons and food, of course.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Trump hasn't posted for 15 hours and Congress is on recess :(

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

THERE'S TWO MOUSE BUDDIES?!?!?!!??!1/

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Everyone saying "You don't need a gas stove, this clearly inferior product is fine, you aren't a chef and don't even know how to cook anyways so just listen and play along and don't complain" are literally being the exact people chuds say we are.

It's like saying "You don't need fiber optic Internet, being able to stream 480p is fine, you aren't a loving movie director"

"You aren't the queen, you don't need a car with air conditioning or comfortable seats, your butt will be fine, toughen up"

"Cold water is fine to bath in, don't set your water tank above 80, you aren't a feeble old lady, shivering is good for you anyways."

"You don't need a garage with tools, you aren't a loving mechanic"

Etc etc

I live 2 miles from a shell cracker plant, please leave me alone when discussing air quality.

cr0y fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Mar 28, 2024

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

cr0y posted:

Everyone saying "You don't need a gas stove, this clearly inferior product is fine, you aren't a chef and don't even know how to cook anyways so just listen and play along and don't complain" are literally being the exact people chuds say we are.

It's like saying "You don't need fiber optic Internet, being able to stream 480p is fine, you aren't a loving movie director"

"You aren't the queen, you don't need a car with air conditioning or comfortable seats, your butt will be fine, toughen up"

"Cold water is fine to bath in, don't set your water tank above 80, you aren't a feeble old lady, shivering is good for you anyways."

Etc etc

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oh, wait...

Okay, I get it now. Gas is the only way to go.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

cr0y posted:

Who the gently caress care what chuds say?

We regulate things based on public health all the time. If gas stoves are bad for public health, we should regulate it. Lead was good for burning gasoline and asbestos for a lot of things. Better not regulate those either cause chuds might say something.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cr0y posted:

Etc etc

I live 2 miles from a shell cracker plant, please leave me alone when discussing air quality.

You are right, op, regulating public health hazards is just something know-nothing haters and losers do to make your life more complicated

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

Truth Social is going to crater in like a week once the meme stock dies down. It's going to be fantastic.

Still want to revisit this because I have no idea why Truth Social would have any value at all. It has no roadmap, no path to profitability, the only advertisers on it are "weird as gently caress" (being charitable), it's directly tied to the political fate of Donald Trump and ONLY caters to his weirdo cultists. From a pragmatic standpoint, why would anyone ever invest in that?

E: Add to that, in terms of engagement potential even Trump's own posts get like 10-20k likes which is absolutely nothing when it comes to social media engagement numbers.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Get an electric skillet

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Anybody who says you can replace asbestos insulation without a loss of comfort can suck my cancer riddled dick

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Frank Frank posted:

Still want to revisit this because I have no idea why Truth Social would have any value at all. It has no roadmap, no path to profitability, the only advertisers on it are "weird as gently caress" (being charitable), it's directly tied to the political fate of Donald Trump and ONLY caters to his weirdo cultists. From a pragmatic standpoint, why would anyone ever invest in that?

Theres a difference between investing and trading

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Frank Frank posted:

Stock market is dumb and it's best to not think too hard about it.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Chuds, grifters, foreign agents, and people trying to get rich off the others

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Totbot posted:

Who the gently caress care what chuds say?

We regulate things based on public health all the time. If gas stoves are bad for public health, we should regulate it. Lead was good for burning gasoline and asbestos for a lot of things. Better not regulate those either cause chuds might say something.

Because when their arguments start resonating with average people who just want to not constantly burn the gently caress out of their food they start voting in chud ways.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

pixaal posted:

Hotdog water is one of the most unappetizing flavors you can say it brings disgust. Why would you make a hotdog flavored water? How to ruin ramen, cook it in hotdog water.

it pairs well with chocolate starfish

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
Is gas different from propane? Like pricewise I mean? Because I boiled maple syrup on propane once and it was like $80/month. Switched to induction and the electric bill was only like $30 more.

I guess as Americans you can have the right to spend $50 extra per month to cover your kitchen and cookware with a fine layer of black soot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Theres a difference between investing and trading

Ok but at a base level, buying a company's stock is underwritten by a belief that the company is a good investment and will grow in value over time (unless you're shorting I guess). I just don't see why anyone would think that Truth Social is going to be a big moneymaker. Near as I can figure, it's a NFT-adjacent pump-and-dump deal where the people who get in early hype it up then unload everything and the people who came after are left holding the bag.