Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ascii genitals posted:

the only thing a gas stove can do better than an induction stove is heat up a knife to do drugs with

I just use an electric nail for this, it's easier to control the temp and less wasteful of your drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol these people are so paranoid about literally everything

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Data Graham posted:

No I don't have a better suggestion

Have you considered chopping Hannity in 3 and then testing the methods discussed?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

How has this gas stove conversation gone so long without anyone posting climate town's great (as usual) video on the topic?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX2aZUav-54

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lmao

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Skillet issue

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Cocaine Bear posted:

Skillet issue

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Is this Nick Fuentes? Because if it is, it's the first time I've seen him. He definitely looks like someone I would want to model myself after.

Yeah, that's Fuentes. Like Ben Shapiro, he's prime shove-into-locker material.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Part of the problem is that its very easy to make an electric stove heat too fast, and the cyclical heating makes cooking thin items or items with a sensitive surface difficult. But the only consistent fails I have had are crepes and pan fried dumplings, both thin skins that need a very precise dry fry, that the cyclical heating burns the hell out of.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
As a conservative chef,

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I can’t believe Joe Lieberman died less than 24 hours ago and we’re arguing about gas stoves ITT.

:lol:

:lmao:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Part of the problem is that its very easy to make an electric stove heat too fast, and the cyclical heating makes cooking thin items or items with a sensitive surface difficult. But the only consistent fails I have had are crepes and pan fried dumplings, both thin skins that need a very precise dry fry, that the cyclical heating burns the hell out of.

you aren't a chef, stop making crepes and dumplings. Leave those to professionals who possess a gas stove license and proper certification.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

ascii genitals posted:

the only thing a gas stove can do better than an induction stove is heat up a knife to do drugs with
heat up a comb to straighten hair

freddiestarfish
Dec 4, 2005
I LIKE RABBITS

Barrel Cactaur posted:

That's why everyone here is advocating for induction. Once you spend 10 minutes figuring it out it has none of these downsides, and some great advantages over both electric and gas.

I use mine for slow cooking as it's super controlled and extra safe as mine has an in built fire cut off.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Barrel Cactaur posted:

You've convinced me! Asthma be damned!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

When Mitch McConnell finally kicks it, we’re going to laugh for all of five minutes and then immediately move on to arguing about geothermal versus mini-splits or some poo poo.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Long term gas should probably be regulated away, but maybe that's a discussion for when democracy isn't teetering on the brink?

Also Jesus Christ the responses in this thread. "You like your gas stove? gently caress you and you're probably a lovely cook anyway." Thankfully Democrats are that stupid at messaging, and that's saying something.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Oh wait, induction exists.

Someone gimme a 6er for contributing to this stupid conversation.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Lmao that the RNC is starting from scratch in swing states.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
everybody's talking about ovens for hours because of fox news propaganda. even if you're completely immune to believing their lies, witness the power propagandists have over steering our daily discussions.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Someone should make Trump cook an egg. Don't care which way.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

When Mitch McConnell finally kicks it, we’re going to laugh for all of five minutes and then immediately move on to arguing about geothermal versus mini-splits or some poo poo.

If there's one thing goons love more than laughing at bad people dying it's talking about themselves

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Fishmasher posted:

everybody's talking about ovens for hours because of fox news propaganda. even if you're completely immune to believing their lies, witness the power propagandists have over steering our daily discussions.

They're pushing it because they know it makes the left look bad. The responses in this thread shows why it works.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Lmao the RNC is going to be in shambles.

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Cocaine Bear posted:

You've convinced me! Asthma be damned!

Oh no I get asthma from every possible source. The big win would be the mandatory proper ventilation,(please write it in a dumb way that means it has to go over electric too) even in my current apartment boiling a kettle makes the whole place humid.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kazil posted:

If there's one thing goons love more than laughing at bad people dying it's talking about themselves

They also like to say "chuds"

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
All right we had our gas stove debate. Bring it to GWS if you want to continue that :sweep:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Monica Bellucci posted:

Someone should make Trump cook an egg. Don't care which way.

He cooks the egg, puts it on a silver tray, brings it to you and removes the cover. To your astonishment, the egg has taken the perfect shape of a perfectly drawn clock

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP
While you all are yammering on about stoves......

"Judge to consider if Trump can throw out Georgia election subversion case on First Amendment grounds"

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/politics/fulton-county-trump-first-amendment-hearing/index.html

"During a hearing Thursday, Trump’s lead attorney in Georgia is expected to argue that the indictment should be dismissed because the former president’s political speech is protected by the First Amendment."

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Why is she microwaving a milkshake?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I can’t believe Joe Lieberman died less than 24 hours ago and we’re arguing about gas stoves ITT.

:lol:

:lmao:

For real, Lieberman is a hugely evil person who left a trail of dead and impoverished Americans in his wake. His efforts in destroying America's real chance at universal healthcare makes my blood boil to this day. There isn't a fire hot enough for his bones. He is an individual that I wish hell was real for, just so they could be tortured for eternity. Joe Lieberman is a demon whose corpse should be used as a piñata.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

HappyHippo posted:

They're pushing it because they know it makes the left look bad. The responses in this thread shows why it works.

I'm sorry for kicking this whole thing off but the alternative was just assuming Hannity was making something up because everything he says is a lie invented from whole cloth and ignoring it is better, even if we end up losing the WH because everyone freaked out about something we had not thought to even think of a response to.

I see there is a mod note so that's all out of me

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

"My kids and grandkids are woke so I'm gonna eat until I pop!"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

DreadLlama posted:

Is gas different from propane?

Natural gas is not propane

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Seth Pecksniff posted:

All right we had our gas stove debate. Bring it to GWS if you want to continue that :sweep:

What's your position on fridges?

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

It is incredible that America once made immeasurable sacrifices for the greater good (world war 2) and now we can’t even fathom having to give up anything, literally anything to slow the destruction of this planet.

Like gas stoves aside, we have no grip on what we’ll end up having to give up when poo poo truly goes sideways. And as far as I can tell, republicans will make hay all the way to the bitter end simply because Americans have convinced themselves that they deserve and need literally every convenience they want. And you know what? Pretty much the rest of the world has decided that too.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Liquid Chicken posted:

While you all are yammering on about stoves......

"Judge to consider if Trump can throw out Georgia election subversion case on First Amendment grounds"

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/28/politics/fulton-county-trump-first-amendment-hearing/index.html

"During a hearing Thursday, Trump’s lead attorney in Georgia is expected to argue that the indictment should be dismissed because the former president’s political speech is protected by the First Amendment."

The political speech of planning a coup and conspiring to murder the legislative branch of the government. :lol:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

$DJT holding completely flat after screaming for 2 days, come on baby let's see the trump and dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think fridges should pull all heat into some kind of storage bank that can be fired like a laser in an emergency