Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

lmao, that's the entire year as a special-enrollment period.

"sorry about that free healthcare you had for 3 years, but here's some overpriced & underutilized poo poo you can pay for instead."

the only reason to buy it is if you're already sick with something, which is counter to the entire excuse of having a special enrollment period.

no fines for non-enrollment & open enrollment all year: things we were told would destroy obamacare if they weren't in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Willa Rogers posted:

This is gonna be the most militarized event since trump marched out his bible among BLM protestors & I'm betting there's no way they can get within 4 blocks.

Someone lmk if you find a pirate stream to this.

what a lineup, biden, obama, and cosby!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

I refuse to believe that paragraph isn’t a Tumblr post from 2010.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

People get into relationships while too young to be adults and learn from each other on the way, and learn from themselves what they want and don’t want, and what they like and don’t like, but reframed so it’s a solely female experience and the learning in your teens and twenties goes only one way

Lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I think castration should be mandatory and public

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

so men become good because girlfriends teach them how to be good and these perfect men just ditch those life changing girlfriends for hotter ones? am i understanding the logic on this right?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Telluric Whistler posted:

Making shady real estate deals is just the privilege of wealth and has nothing to do with politics. Find a new slant, chud

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

HashtagGirlboss posted:

People get into relationships while too young to be adults and learn from each other on the way, and learn from themselves what they want and don’t want, and what they like and don’t like, but reframed so it’s a solely female experience and the learning in your teens and twenties goes only one way

Lmao

bedpan posted:

I think castration should be mandatory and public

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

so men become good because girlfriends teach them how to be good and these perfect men just ditch those life changing girlfriends for hotter ones? am i understanding the logic on this right?

it's incel poo poo

there hasn't been a backlash to genderswapped incel poo poo yet so it's extremely normalized and even frequently signal-boosted by non-incels who think it's feminism for some reason

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Wait, is this the weird freak that keeps screaming that Will Menaker isn't a real jew?

yes lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I don't know if they want to throw down, but I've taught two women how to ride bicycles, so people who live in "have never shined boots before" houses shouldn't throw stones.

Plus, you know, there's that romantic ideal that people learn from one another, and bring different skills into the lives of others.

Some Guy TT posted:

It's not a new idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P67vpAJ0Ik8

A clean up woman is a woman who
Gets all the love we girls leave behind
The reason I know so much about her
Is because she picked up a man of mine
Jumpin' slick was my ruin
'Cause I found out all I was doin'

Was making it easy for the clean up woman
To get my man's love, oh yeah
Just making it easy for the clean up woman
To get my baby's love, uh-huh, mhm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Dudes rock!!!!!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Wait, is this the weird freak that keeps screaming that Will Menaker isn't a real jew?

tell me you've never met a jew without telling me you've never met a jew

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

theres no proven benefits to flossing. completely made up thing

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Lmao

women arent doing well.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Some Guy TT posted:

Dudes rock

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I'm trying to think of times I've seen a couple in their twenties where one of them got really in shape or otherwise dramatically changed their life for the better, and they stayed together.

I mean, people break up when one of them gets into grad/law/medical school and the other doesn't.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

femcels ftw

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

Dudes rock!!!!!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How many married boys does this person know :thunk:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

women be flossing

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My guess is that people are frequently "taught" to floss not by their significant others, but by going through a period in their 20s when not flossing catches up with them and they get like six cavities

this happened to both me and my wife lol

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
A week ago the libs were getting hyped that Bidens approval was upticking. I assumed it was noise; I just checked the average and sure enough it was noise, it came right back down to where it was before (high 30s)

So much for any SOTU bump

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

post hole digger posted:

theres no proven benefits to flossing. completely made up thing

I just googled this and mind blown... I thought you were kidding but yeah turns out the evidence for flossing is really weak lmao

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I missed the "it is exactly how I explain why I have no desire to date again" part.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

It's true tho it's why gay men are so famously nasty and unkempt

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

"People grow from life experiences" holy poo poo what a concept

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

did she give up on dating because she doesnt want to steal valor from the long suffering girlfriends who put in the hard work to make a real man or because she thinks its too much effort to make a real man for too little reward

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

blue squares posted:

I just googled this and mind blown... I thought you were kidding but yeah turns out the evidence for flossing is really weak lmao

this is also the case for most of dentistry, they only really started trying to make it science-based like actual medicine in the past couple of decades

obviously it's still good to take care of one's teeth

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

did she give up on dating because she doesnt want to steal valor from the long suffering girlfriends who put in the hard work to make a real man or because she thinks its too much effort to make a real man for too little reward

if she puts in the work to "fix" someone he will simply ditch her for someone who sucks less (this is how you parse the "college girls" part)

the "boy married to her friend" (???) is still married to her but that doesn't count because he doesn't pack suitcases (therefore invalid as a human being)

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

This is what runs through the heads of know-it-alls of any gender. They just can't figure out why their partners aren't more grateful to them for constantly explaining that everything they do is wrong.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

loquacius posted:

if she puts in the work to "fix" someone he will simply ditch her for someone who sucks less (this is how you parse the "college girls" part)

I think this might be a case of... uh... well everyone has baggage

https://x.com/embernic/status/1377349603020861441?s=20

e: well now I'm just confused, because she's involved in a Netflix dating show?

https://x.com/embernic/status/1647756987973730307?s=20

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I think there’s a lot of women out there that never came to terms with the fact that they are also Nice Guys

EDIT: Uhh yeah, nevermind.

EDIT 2: I think??? Oh whatever

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 18:06 on Mar 28, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

the school bond dogs are in fact a cult

a pro genocide cult no less

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

you know when someone goes through a string of failed relationships and complains every time about how lovely their partner was

at some point you start realizing that they are the lovely one

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

you know when someone goes through a string of failed relationships and complains every time about how lovely their partner was

at some point you start realizing that they are the lovely one

If you smell poo poo everywhere you go, check under your own shoe first.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
tbf theres nothing sexier than a 6+ foot tall fixer-upper

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I think this might be a case of... uh... well everyone has baggage

https://x.com/embernic/status/1377349603020861441?s=20

e: well now I'm just confused, because she's involved in a Netflix dating show?

https://x.com/embernic/status/1647756987973730307?s=20

hmm idk I don't think I want to know this much about this random lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Casey Finnigan posted:

hmm idk I don't think I want to know this much about this random lady