Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouiiik
Sep 8, 2023

AJ_Impy posted:

No sales, no point. The money we’d get is negligible compared to our winnings, and we’re in endgame team selections.

Recruit defender Schluetter though mystery boy could be interesting.

Upgrade the Training grounds - We can afford it and it opens up 5 personnel slots. With hires starting at 777 glory, we can fill all five of those with a four digit glory sum remaining.

Recruit two bench coaches and three forward coaches which gets us to minimum four and a half stars for everyone on the field and four stars for the bench.

Upgrade the medical centre, easily affordable.

Recruit a head physician, 6 recruitments averaging ~800 glory should leave us enough for

Three player rivalry in case we don’t repeat what no-one else has done.

Voting AJ_Impy plan.

And thanks making Grouiiik so great 😃

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Honestly, if we want someone with future potential, let's get the goalkeeper. He has Reaction, which Cowardchen does not, so we can train him for matches where our regular GK's skills aren't exactly a good fit.

But ultimately I don't think any of these players will come in handy any time soon.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
A few clarifications:

AJ_Impy posted:

no point. The money we’d get is negligible compared to our winnings, and we’re in endgame team selections.

It never stops mattering. It doesn't matter as much as it used to, but not every match has our best players out there. There were fewer 'reserve' matches this year than any other one, but there were still some, and who we play in those circumstances is relevant unless we are 100% certain we're going to finish the LP this year.

PokeyTax posted:

I think a warm body with 80 Passing is most likely to be useful this year. Megane II just turned 30 and we want to supplement him immediately so we aren’t ever left unable to cross.

69 Passing. Chico was right on this point, to be used as a crosser he'd need to have a couple of SL upgrades because you need the mobility. And while training those, he can't play that far forward, so we'd be training someone in a midfield position of some kind, a green amateur, while playing our top players most of the time. In other words, he's not going to be playing much.

That's largely true for any of the new players, but the point is Wallroth isn't close to just stepping in and being a crosser. There's a fair bit of investment required to make that happen.

Twovery Best posted:

to an extent we brought it about by beating the big teams.

As I understand the mechanics this doesn't really happen to any appreciable degree. The other clubs can't do upgrades, which means the only thing they have to spend Money and Glory on is buying players. Anyone regularly in the Premier League is going to have a *lot* of resources to do this with whether they lose to us or not. There's probably a small impact in terms of them getting higher attribute levels from match XP, but that doesn't impact their SL or skill upgrades, and given the very small number of their matches that any club plays against us, even that bit is not going to change much.

Strategic Sage fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 15, 2024

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Player Sales - No one
Youth Signing - Wallroth
Club Upgrades - Upgrade Medical twice, hire 2 Head Physios, 2 Chief Physicians
Three player youth rivalry

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Grouiiik and AJ_Impy, please clarify what position you want for the 'Head Physician' votes.

Chief Physician and Head Physio are the medical positions. I'm not sure which one was intended.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

AJ_Impy posted:

No sales, no point. The money we’d get is negligible compared to our winnings, and we’re in endgame team selections.

Recruit defender Schluetter though mystery boy could be interesting.

Upgrade the Training grounds - We can afford it and it opens up 5 personnel slots. With hires starting at 777 glory, we can fill all five of those with a four digit glory sum remaining.

Recruit two bench coaches and three forward coaches which gets us to minimum four and a half stars for everyone on the field and four stars for the bench.

Upgrade the medical centre, easily affordable.

Recruit a head physician, 6 recruitments averaging ~800 glory should leave us enough for

Three player rivalry in case we don’t repeat what no-one else has done.
This

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Same question to you then :).

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Strategic Sage posted:

Grouiiik and AJ_Impy, please clarify what position you want for the 'Head Physician' votes.

Chief Physician and Head Physio are the medical positions. I'm not sure which one was intended.

Clarification: Chief Physician. The one-star rating currently.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

No sales, of course.

Upgrade the Training Grounds all the way to the max! Then get two bench coaches, a goalkeeper coach, a defender coach, and a forward coach.

Three-player rivalry.

Also Hire D Schluetter. Some of our defenders are getting up there!

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

How's Oberhausen doing?

Grouiiik
Sep 8, 2023

Strategic Sage posted:

Clarification: Chief Physician.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Chief Physician for me too.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Coward posted:

How's Oberhausen doing?

Same as always. 9 straight seasons finishing last. Their best years are still 6th place. There's really no room in the game mechanics for them to do anything but stay there.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
They are very consistent

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Indecision Report

It would appear that an increasing amount of coaches think we're about to wrap this up; we had less ballots than we've had in many years. Makes sense, but I wonder what the reaction will be if we don't actually wrap it up ... the person I feel the worst for is DavidCorperial, who had a player for a few months, they were sold, and if we win the Quadruple again he will be a couple windows short of getting a second chance. .

- Nobody gets sold; one proposal for it but no seconds were had. 3 player Rivalry also is selected unanimously.

- A very narrow selection for our new player: D Schluetter wins out over Walroth by a 5-4 count.

- Just enough votes to approve one upgrade of the Training Grounds with 4 out of 9 ballots in favor; 5 also passed two upgrades of the Medical Centre. If there was one fewer vote for the Training Grounds, a sizable portion of the votes for new coaches would have been nullified.

- There was some disagreement on how many staff upgrades we can afford/should vote for. The average came out to just under five and a half, so five new hires it is. 2 Head Physios, 1 Chief Physician, 1 Bench Coach, and 1 Forward Coach. The ratio there was almost exact, with slight differences and a couple of other positions mentioned only once.

Results

- The Training Grounds is now at 4.5* and the final upgrade is priced at 22.5M. Medical Centre is 3* and we'll need to cough up 2.7M for the next boost there. The Glory cost for our next staff upgrade is 867.

- We currently have 28.7M Money and 1.03k Glory remaining. I've got some updates to make to the first post, and we need to meet a new player.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Who hurt you?

Other skill possibilities beyond slide tackle are unknown at this time. This ... thing ... will be known as D DoubleTurtle from here on. We need:

- Advanced Class

- Attribute Focus

And anything else you may or may not wish to instruct.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Strategic Sage posted:

Other skill possibilities beyond slide tackle are unknown at this time. This ... thing ... will be known as D DoubleTurtle from here on. We need:

- Advanced Class

- Attribute Focus

And anything else you may or may not wish to instruct.
I’ll go with DF and defense.

DavidCorperial
Oct 31, 2023
It's fine, I understand, just let me get first player dibs when you do something like this for the new game.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Strategic Sage posted:

Same as always. 9 straight seasons finishing last. Their best years are still 6th place. There's really no room in the game mechanics for them to do anything but stay there.

Shame you can't choose to sell star players for a pittance to clubs in lower leagues as a laugh and to help them out. Thrill to 0-Star GK Useless of the Amateur League, proud of his 25 Defence, confronted by level 3 Cannon Shot coming out of a 5-Star 187 Accuracy Forward.

Pokeytax
Jun 13, 2005

downvoting this thread after I got a haircut and my kid told me "you look like one of those football players who are supposed to be 19 but are really old"

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pokeytax posted:

downvoting this thread after I got a haircut and my kid told me "you look like one of those football players who are supposed to be 19 but are really old"

Lmao, owned

Nizaha
Oct 12, 2021

Pokeytax posted:

Ouch, hope you have some ointment for that burn lmao

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Pokeytax posted:

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:
:owned::owned::owned:
:D :D :D

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Destroyed utterly

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Oberhausen'd.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

AJ_Impy posted:

Oberhausen'd.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

I apologize for the delay.

I expect to start updating again soon; I've fallen down the rabbit hole of my next LP, but ya know I should probably finish this one also. I'm hopeful this will be the last season, but also nervous - any one match can still wreck it for us.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Strategic Sage posted:

I apologize for the delay.

I expect to start updating again soon; I've fallen down the rabbit hole of my next LP, but ya know I should probably finish this one also. I'm hopeful this will be the last season, but also nervous - any one match can still wreck it for us.
it's okay waiting in anticipation

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

7.18 Mainz @ Backpfeifenesichter

14' - CF Filigranin should have scored on a cross set up by a long pass, but it was a poor effort and Cowardchen makes the save. We get a Rainbow Feint goal from Dragongem2 on the other end, iltwocche setting it up with a Long Pass of his own.

36' - BraveLThreester holds off a tackle, but can't make the pass ahead to capitalize.

50' - pthighs makes his second tackle in as many attempts on their wing forward.

90' - After a couple of failed attempts to get into scoring position on our part, they get a long pass through to Limouzylise for a cannon shot. 1-1.

FT - A disappointing draw.

7.25 Backpfeifengesicher (0-1-0, 11th) @ Paderborn (1-0-0, 3rd)

Minor Fatigue: BraveLThreester, Dragongem2

Hey look, it's Arcturas again.

14' - They stall ineffectually. The Mattybee pushes up the flank to make a slide tackle, then blackmongoose gets a shot which is narrowly stopped by GK Robel.

26' - iltwocche gets him another chance, and this one is well-struck; it curls into the far corner for a score! 1-0.

pthighs has the effrontery to make a tackle on their dribble attempt, and pays for it. Looks like he'll miss a couple of matches; could definitely be worse. He's replaced by Kantwohlu.

RF Bohman gets a straight red and the maximum suspension of 3 days. There was nothing 'sporting' about that play. stab would be proud.

40' - Third shot attempt of the half for blackmongoose, not a good one; somehow gets through their defenders but it's easily saved.

52' - Break-in and Dribble score for AJ_IImpy; it was definitely odds against, but reasonable and both players rolled a 41 so he wins the tie. Always a cool moment to get that kind of a rare tally. 2-0.

62' - blackmongoose strikes again. Shouldn't have worked against a motivated Robel, but it did. 3-0.

72' - Nice thing about sniping is you're virtually always in position for it. For the first time today, CD Emch does something useful and stops a poor shot.

90' - We get blackmongoose right in close this time, for a favorable chance at a hat trick. He botches it. ChicoTR intercepts a layoff pass to end the match.

A good, if costly, victory.

8.1 Backpfeifengesichter (1-1-0, 2nd) @ Freiburg (1-1-0, 6th)

Nobody won both of their first two matches; only Augsburg lost twice. Parity reigns again early.

Minor Fatigue: blackmongoose
Moderate Fatigue: iltwocche
Injured: pthighs

4' - They open with an angled power shot, which is a good choice, but it's kept in.

28' - Nieuwenhuijse - it's a crime against humanity to force me to spell such names - nutmegs The Mattybee and tries again, this one's out for a corner.

stab pushes Tellebach out of the way and intercepts; then disaster almost strikes as PokiiTax fails on both rolls of slide tackle. Fortunately there's no penalty called, KG3 almost completes the fail and then succeeds, which puts him in position to intercept their long pass at the end of the half. He prevented the go-ahead goal twice within a few minutes.

50' - Megane II crosses to Grouiiik for the easy goal ... except he isn't quite good enough with it, and it's out for a corner. Freiburg makes a sub and changes formation. Crossing isn't an option anymore, we'll have to go for corner kicks. That's a tougher way to score with CD Prokin opposing the header. Grouiiik beats him ... and pushes it wide.

84' - Only ChicoTR running all over the place holds them at bay and eventually gets us another corner. For the first time this match, Grouiiik has the odds against him. Also for the first time, he actually scores. 1-0.

Kantwohlu makes a tackle on the kickoff to make sure it stands up. That was quite a dumb match, but it's also another three points on the road.

pthighs recovers from his short-lived injury.

8.8 Dortmund (1-1-1, 7th) @ Backpfeifengesichter (2-1-0, 1st)

Minor Fatigue: Megane II
Moderate Fatigue: Grouiiik, pthighs
Major Fatigue: ChicoTR

Matchups are strange sometimes. Opponents are pushing us towards more six-defender setups than usual, and also more of AJ_IImpy playing and on the 'wrong' side to boot- he'd prefer to be on the left as he's much closer to an upgrade over there, but when rainbow feint is the weak point we go where there's an opening.

6' - Break-in yields a corner. Twovery Best on for Dragongem2 to try and break through the wall - best among bad options. GK Bauchennss sez lolnope, 216 on the save, 88 on the header.

34' - A missed slide tackle by BraveLThreester leaves us vulnerable, but fortunately they come up with nothing better than a lofted pass over our defenser by their DM. It isn't close.

58' - They stall, and The Mattybee comes forward to make a tackle, leading to this stupidity:

I mean, technically there's a chance of it working. Instead, probability prevails and the cross sails harmlessly out of play.

A much better chance on the other flank would have happened, but we failed.

All in all, a dull 'losing' draw against the former kings of this sport.

Trondheim, a Norwegian club, puts forward the biggest offer we've seen yet. It's rejected of course, but they're willing to pay 50M for our only keeper.

8.15 Dusseldorf (1-2-1, 7th) @ Backpfeifengesichter (2-2-0, 1st)

Minor Fatigue: AJ_IImpy, ChicoTR
Moderate Fatigue: iltwocche

6' - Opening salvo is the flank-cross maneuver by Tworrannor. It fails, but that just means he's in position for a cannon shot later if we can arrange a counter.

20' - After an errant lofted pass, that's exactly what happens courtesy of ChicoTR. 1-0.

44' - FW Heldt feints pthighs, back in the lineup for the first time, but his power shot is deflected by Kangra.

HT - Dusseldorf switches it up, overloading the right flank from our perspective. I pull our fullback into a defensive posture on that side, and bring in blackmongoose for BraveLThreester who now has nothing to do really on our left.

48' - Twackles pilfers his second kickoff of the day. Slide tackle by ChicoTR, flanking works this time, and Grouiiik outjumps CD Neubert to get us on another one. 2-0. Lots of people involved, and a bit of good fortune, to make that work.

70' - Missed opportunities both ways. A slide tackle by blackmongoose would have given him a pretty good shot. On the other end, Heldt couldn't feint stab; he had a cannon shot opening if it worked.

82' - Lofted pass from ChicoTR into Tworranor is just good enough. Their second connection of the match, 3-0.

We're undefeated and have allowed only one goal; differential is +3 compared to the best of our competition. It's been feast or famine with the offense though; Munich is even with us on points, Freiburg is one back, Hanover and Leipzig two points behind. A pretty good start, but I'd be a lot more comfortable if we had more of a margin on the others.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Looks like a very grindy start to the season

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Yay! The crabs are back!

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
King crabs! King crabs!

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
That's like my fourth injury!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

pthighs posted:

That's like my fourth injury!

Drink more milk, do some stretching

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

8.22 Backpfeifengesichter (3-2-0, 1st) @ Wolfsburg (2-2-1, 7th)

Minor Fatigue: Nizahaha, iltwocche, ChicoTR

Stalling is becoming more common by our opponents, presumably out of a conclusion that they aren't going to be able to score anyway. Both fullbacks get plenty of first-half action, and neither side gets anything resembling a scoring chance.

58' - We didn't have anything better. A nice interception and resisted tackle by Nizahaha still didn't get us anything when one of their defenders heads a lofted pass away. Muller feints stab at our end, and Kantwohlu cleans up.

80' - Directly off from that play, long pass by iltwocche into blackmongoose. Point-blank power shot with the goal of a corner kick, which we get. They bring back CF Mattern to defend the cross, naturally. Odds are a bit against us, and Grouiiik jumps badly - Mattern gets to the ball much quicker.

90' - Our last possession, slide tackle by blackmongoose and another power shot, deflected by their defense. We could have gotten one more try at a cross, but I didn't realize it and made the wrong choice. Either way, it more likely than not wouldn't have succeeded.

FT - There were indeed no significant events really. A drab scoreless draw.

Dragongem2 wraps up his skills training, finishing Cannon Shot L3.

8.29 Backpfeifengesichter (3-3-0, 1st) @ Nuremberg (2-2-2, 9th)

Minor Fatigue: BraveLThreester, Nizahaha
Moderate Fatigue: blackmongoose

Twackles gets involved with his usual kickoff intercept + slide tackle.

24' - ChicoTR resists a tackle, Nizahaha crosses, Grouiiik scores. 1-0.

38' - After Kangra deflects a harmless power shot, stab long-passes ahead to set up another cross. 2-0.

45' - Exactly the same thing to end the half. 3-0.

HT - Megane II in for Nizahaha, Tworrannor in for Grouiiik. Just rest moves.

50' - They adjust their defense, making it much easier for us to draw a penalty. Tworrannor obliges, and Twackles converts. 4-0.

62' - And again after a slide tackle by iltwocche sets it up. 5-0.

90+2' - iltwocche draws a yellow card on MF Puerta, who has historically been a problem for us and didn't do a darned thing today. We draw our third penalty of the half, and get our second hat trick. 6-0.

Quite the generous contribution by Nuremberg to our goal differential. Never too late to set a new club record; two players with three goals in the same match. Twackles played the whole match though, and had a number of defensive plays along with the goals.

BraveLThreester finishes L2 Slide Tackle, and starts on the last level.

9.5 Munich (3-4-0, 2nd) @ Backpfeifengesichter (4-3-0, 1st)

Minor Fatigue: ChicoTR, iltwocche, Grouiiik, Nizahaha, Tworrannor
Moderate Fatigue: Twackles

As luck would have it, a big match here that we can't go all-in for with the European Cup starting this coming week. D DoubleTurtle plays for the first time mostly so that other players don't have to.

Stalling the deep corner usually means your opponent's corner, not your own.

26' - A couple of long passes later, Helwich gets a power shot. So what do I know. Kept in play by Cowardchen.

44' - Our defense got badly out of position, and then we paid for it. Long pass into CF Wehe. Forwards with 200 Accuracy from point-blank range are still a problem no matter what league you play in. For the second time this year, somebody scored on us. 1-0.

HT - A couple of avoiding-fatigue subs; iltwocche for ChicoTR, Kantwohlu for stab.

52' - DoubleTurtle misses a slide tackle like a pro. And Kantwohlu misses a regular one before KG3 makes sure we are even more out of position by finally getting the play.

68' - Wehe adds a precision shot from distance. I expect more than a 73 from Cowardchen at this stage of his career. 2-0.

80' - Now that it's two late, iltwocche intercepts a pass to set up our first chance to counter. Dragongem2 gets three shots at a cannon shot, failing all of them - out for a corner. That's just another word for a chance to use up more energy in this situation. Twovery Best comes in and gets a goal, Megane II gets an assist, and we lose anyway 2-1. I wish.

What actually happened was CD Lobstein outjumped TB2 and knocked the ball down.

FT - I probably shouldn't have played our top CDs in this match - other than absentmindedness, the point was to make sure we didn't lose. Mission not accomplished. As dominant as our defense has been, we're now going into continental play having slipped a point behind not just Munich but also Leipzig, into third place.

We would do well to remember that Munich are actually the second natural titan of German football. They have not been heard from for a long time, but they might be about to become a real threat again.

stab finishes the Talent Tree, maxing out his skill rolls. He doesn't know what to do next.

ChicoTR dips into the Stamina pool for a bit.

European Cup opposition. We'll play West London first, who we barely edged past in a shootout last year. Edinburgh is coming off their first-ever Premier title in Scotland after being stuck as a mid-table finisher at best the several years previous. Belgrade Black, you may recall, won the European Cup back in '42-'43, and then lost in the CWC. They are the top club in Serbia.

Overall definitely a tough draw, though I'm not concerned about us being able to advance. We're past worrying about that. At the moment I'd just like to get off to a good start so we can put more effort into the league.

9.8 Backpfeifengesichter @ West London
European Cup, Group D, Round 1

Minor Fatigue: stab, KG3, ChicoTR, Megane II, Dragongem2, 3TatoManJack, iltwocche, Twackles

They aren't playing their best forwards, and MF Bajoraitis, the best player in England this year, is not yet back from injury.

Even if you hate us, plastering Tommy Hilfiger everywhere is cruel and unusual.

44' - You can tell who is good and who isn't these days by whether they actually try to attack us. West London is good. We spend most of the first half on the back foot, including a cross by LF Pond that thankfully he doesn't have the skillset for. The Mattybee intercepts a long pass to prevent any more nonsense. Dragongem2 feints his way into scoring position just in case CD Clay trips over his own feet instead of making the tackle. He doesn't.

HT - The choice here is whether we try to draw a penalty against a pair of world-class CDs, or go for a header against a world-class positioning GK who thinks he's that stuff you stick between fixtures in your bathroom. I think our best option is the break-in, and Tworrannor comes in.

52' - Clay misses the tackle but does not foul; Grout keeps the power shot in play. Go figure.

72' - Under pressure from Nizahaha, CD Hense completes a low-odds lofted pass to midfield that iltwocche had an even shot at. That means they get a crossing play. CF McCrone has the edge, and scores it. 1-0. They also change up their defense to block the flank.

90' - Our final play is pretty sad. iltwocche ranges forward, gets a fortunate slide tackle in the corner, and crosses to ... Tworrannor, because he's in Grouiiik's way. The only chance here was if it was deflected out for a corner, but Grout's hands were secure.

Losing to Munich with mostly reserves is one thing. We put our best out there for this match. West London didn't, and they still beat us. Yes, it was on a lucky break, but that happens. It's getting harder to convince myself that we're still the best club in the world. Edinburgh and Belgrade Black each score once in a draw, so we've got some work to do catching up now.

9.12 Hoffenheim (2-2-4, 14th) @ Backpfeifengesichter (4-3-1, 3rd)

Rain for the first time this season.

Minor Fatigue: stab, Nizahaha, Tworrannor
Severe Fatigue: iltwocche

Rain or no, this is a rare case where Megane II has the control to dash past a defender ... even though it's almost certainly unnecessary. He leaps over the challenge of Stankalla, and Grouiiik scores after almost putting the header over the bar. 1-0.

16' - stab makes a tackle, long-passes ahead, and we do it again. 2-0.

20' - They try to loft a kickoff over Twackles, who heads it to ChicoTR. After resisting a tackle, he passes ahead and ... oh. Not this time. Stankalla knocks it out for a throw-in.

56' - stab sets it up again. 3-0; this time Megane II shows off a side-stepping animation instead of a jumping over the defender one. Show-off.

66' - Twackles-ChicoTR-Megane II ... but Grouiiik puts this one just wide.

FT - Naturally Grouiiik is MoM. I'm a bit annoyed at only scoring three goals; I wanted to score about 30 or so after the way the last couple of matches went.

Right on cue, Megane II wraps up the Dedication Tree. Level 83 is the highest we've seen from anyone who isn't a keeper. He'll now have a chance at more of those runs. Time to select a new goal.

#1 in scoring, #1 in defense, not #1 in points. We visit Leipzig in a couple of weeks, another big match. Really almost all of them are right now though, so that's like saying 'huh, it's another day ending in the letter Y'.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:ohdear: New rivalry: one German pub vs. all of England.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I guess Megane II should go into the left side of the stamina tree if he’s going to be playing past 30.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009

(Dany shits in a field)
We have the best GD by a lot. Whats happening?

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
I love money, and fans love players who break legs, throw me down the fan favorite tree, doesnt matter which one you pick first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

stab posted:

I love money, and fans love players who break legs, throw me down the fan favorite tree, doesn't matter which one you pick first

It actually does matter. I realize we are hopefully/probably close to the end, but the point of the exercise is for all of you to choose what to do with your players and for me to implement it.  Flip a coin if you must, physical or virtual, but please choose one.