Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

nobodygetshurt posted:

edit: dammit beaten by the Red King!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Textbook example of consumer confidence that their favorite president (he!) will be reinstated and the economy restored

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

sarcastx posted:

i forget the characters in the trump extended universe but was there ever someone named joey pecorino or was that someone's joke in the vein of "trump makes hiring decisions when hungry"

That's his secret, he's always hungry

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Trump Toilet Tulpa is a decent username lol

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

do it, see if I care that I wasn't invited.

LOL!

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

DJT back up to $62.88/share :negative:

Idiots are going to keep this going for a while thinking every new low is their chance to “buy low, sell high!” :fart:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Lmao there are people who still think Trump was good for the economy

He literally destroyed the Global Economy almost singlehandedly with his rear end handling of COVID

To say nothing of the Trade War idiocy

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Idiots are going to keep this going for a while thinking every new low is their chance to “buy low, sell high!” :fart:

It's that, but it's also opportunistic traders expecting idiots to behave that way.

And before you ask: yes, it is equally idiotic. There is no bottom to the depths of this lunacy.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
So they impeached Mayorkas for…doing his job or not doing his job? Or because they need some sort of “DEMOCRATS BAD” story going through election season?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

TulliusCicero posted:

Lmao there are people who still think Trump was good for the economy

He literally destroyed the Global Economy almost singlehandedly with his rear end handling of COVID

To say nothing of the Trade War idiocy

But the stock market and 401ks were good when everything was going fine!

You mishandle just one pesky global pandemic and people are ready to play the blame game!

As long as nothing bad happens outside the control of the presidency for four entire years, it’ll be fine again! What do you have to lose?!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DJT is not going to dip below way higher than its worth before Trump gets a chance to sell. He's going to make billions of dollars off it. There's not really any point following its daily fluctuations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I still think the best way to jandle this in the Senate is to not even let them get their soundbites. Read the charges into evidence, vote on if it's a "high crime or misdemeanor", and then vote to acquit because the House couldn't meet that standard. Treat it as a grand jury situation.

What they shouldn't do is let the idiots grandstand with a trial. No matter how much they're going to embarass themselves, all they're doing is setting up their Fox news soundbites so deny them that. They'll get mad about not having a trial, but they're going to do their angry rants anyway so don't give them an inch.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was super busy with mom having heart surgery yesterday but I just wanna say:

Joe lieberman directly caused significant pain and suffering to my family because of his poo poo with the ACA and it's a crying shame he lived this long.

do not rot in hell, joe, no, be lost to time and enveloped by oblivion, forgotten by all, you deserve to be not even a footnote in history

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Look, there are a poo poo ton of dudes who didn’t buy in on the GameStop/bed bath and beyond poo poo but might on trump social, and with how many people lost enormously amounts of money on GameStop/bby, there will be chud tears flowing from this

so at least there is a silver lining

TheKub
May 11, 2006

John Wick of Dogs posted:

DJT is not going to dip below way higher than its worth before Trump gets a chance to sell. He's going to make billions of dollars off it. There's not really any point following its daily fluctuations.

I think the point is to ride the :lol:ercoaster

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Ringo Star Get posted:

So they impeached Mayorkas for…doing his job or not doing his job? Or because they need some sort of “DEMOCRATS BAD” story going through election season?

They impeached Mayorkas because they can't impeach Biden

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ringo Star Get posted:

"yes, the democrats impeaphed trump, then we impeached...someone on their side. impeachment is just a thing both sides do *eye roll*"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

nobodygetshurt posted:

edit: dammit beaten by the Red King!

Lmao

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Barrel Cactaur posted:

I expect blatant wash trading.

He can't do this secretly because he's an over 10% shareholder and subject to the insider trading rules automatically.

couple pages back but whew thats a relief!!! glad theres a rule against it and as such it cant happen

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

That's not a coat, that's a beard.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I can loving guarantee you that Donald Trump is insider trading and whatever else illegal poo poo can be done regarding this stock

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Did Gym Jordan sign that letter?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Random Stranger posted:

I still think the best way to jandle this in the Senate is to not even let them get their soundbites. Read the charges into evidence, vote on if it's a "high crime or misdemeanor", and then vote to acquit because the House couldn't meet that standard. Treat it as a grand jury situation.

What they shouldn't do is let the idiots grandstand with a trial. No matter how much they're going to embarass themselves, all they're doing is setting up their Fox news soundbites so deny them that. They'll get mad about not having a trial, but they're going to do their angry rants anyway so don't give them an inch.

There's not going to be a trial. Schumer will probably move to dispense with it pretty much immediately and it should pass. Barring that, he'll probably move to create a special committee where the impeachment articles are "discussed" and dismissed

I'd be highly surprised if it lived more than a day

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

There’s also a metric gently caress-ton of airbrushing as well so there’s a good chance they just haven’t finished working on it yet.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Hollismason posted:

I can loving guarantee you that Donald Trump is insider trading and whatever else illegal poo poo can be done regarding this stock

Throw a couple hundred SEC violations on the pile, Jim.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Rich people wear rear end ugly dipshit clown outfits because if they wear something that looks good someone will copy the design and sell it for much less, and then there would be no way to tell from your outfit how rich you are.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hollismason posted:

I hope that the folks involved in his court cases, involved in all the financial poo poo about the trump organization, are just watching all this and writing notes carefully

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Hollismason posted:

incorrect, hes not allowed to, it's illegal

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm expecting in the eventual SEC report on the criminal activity surrounding DJT (the second stock with that symbol) which will be released two years after the death of DJT (the failed steak saleman), it'll turn out that he's been trading the stock with a Robinhood account.

Hollismason posted:

:lol: My version assumes he'll find the dumbest and most obvious way to do it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Turn

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Yeah, we know who Kimberly is, but what's that guy wearing?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

What the gently caress

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Rich people wear rear end ugly dipshit clown outfits because if they wear something that looks good someone will copy the design and sell it for much less, and then there would be no way to tell from your outfit how rich you are.

You know how animals that get small isolated populations on islands or whatever get all inbred and hosed up and riddled with genetic diseases and deleterious mutations and poo poo?

The insulated bubble of culture rich people live in does that to taste.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Sedgr posted:

The stock price doesn't matter because its a wealth transfer of dark money from hostile government directed foreign nationals and multinational corporate opportunists. The only goal is to get Trump enough cash to keep the chaos going. So it's a meme stock at least partially based on it being such an obvious scam that dark money is going to pay out regardless to give Trump the financial backing he needs. Mostly being facilitated through crypto finance channels.

Shadybank in a country with poo poo financial laws and a willingness to ignore them to avoid sanctions does deals with Tainted Multinational through a bunch of dummy corporations and crypto finance houses. Whether the money originates from organized crime, oligarch squeezing, government funding, doesn't really matter. The source directing from on high remains the same. Money flows from there to the crypto pathway because it's far easier to avoid sanctions with a calvinball currency that most of the planet doesn't have laws for. Meet up with a big crypto billionaire a few times and work out the details of how to wash the laundered funds into a position where they can be moved around and obfuscated by investors.

Well what do you know all those tech and crypto funds want to buy tech stock. Like say a social media company that isn't worth anything, but acts as a convenient avenue to transfer cash into Trump's coffers. So they buy Trumps worthless stock at whatever price because taking a loss doesn't matter in the end with money that needed to be laundered anyways. A twofer joke committing blatant campaign finance crimes and investment crimes and there being nothing much anyone is going to do about it. Everyone along the way is smiling and taking a cut because the dark money flow isn't going to stop till Trump has funding.

But why would they be willing to take this kind of financial loss? The investment is worthless! Yes, but compared to any weapon you can purchase and wield against the US and NATO, Trump is a loving bargain. How much is an F-35? If you send tanks and guys with guns into grandmas house you're going to invite swift military retaliation. Plus you can't compete in that arena technologically anymore. But you can send robocalls and alt right media in a firehose into grandmas face 24/7 and she'll wake up the next morning asking for more. Rage baiting and fear mongering are a heady mix that work and the victim becomes an addict and the cancer spreads. How much are you gaining by having Trump and his cronies block Ukraine funding? Spend a billion or two on Trump and block billions more in aid? Easy calculus there.

Trump's ability to destabilize the US and its allies is worth ten times as much as anything they've paid Trump off with even when he's out of power. And his actions when he was president show he's more than willing to sell out and horse trade for intel secrets and whatever else he can inflict himself on if he's allowed to do so. The whole election process and judicial system are in turmoil unable to deal with an actual traitor president with external financial backing and unlimited cimes.

Short reply, but: Good to know, thank you!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

What the gently caress

Gerontocracy

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

What the gently caress

lmao, I just have papers on my shelf - and one book, but they are all just paper- blank paper for my children. Nothing controversial!

Also my eyes don't open much anymore.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

What the gently caress

How am I supposed to judge him on his bookshelves if he turns all thr books around?!

The book in the upper right is one that he wrote! I think all of his books are copies of the filthiest legal erotica known to man.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

What the gently caress

The 'turn your books around so the spine isn't visibile' trend is one of the goddamn dumbest things I've ever heard, and every time I see it it makes me very angry.