Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

SixteenShells posted:

Say she does get caught in a lie. Someone asks her "Does the President have dementia" and she says "No, he does not have dementia." Then it comes out a year later that the President did have dementia after all.

I think the scandal about the President having dementia will far overshadow his press secretary going to bat for him in a radio interview.

Yeah, what needle are they trying to thread? Seems like the stakes require them convincingly selling the lie, rather than being coy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

:stat: Do you think there's a racist artifact in the Biden White House?
:wal: Sure! His name's Joe!

:stat::wal: Doooohohohoho

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

loquacius posted:

Yeah I think it's definitely more that they're treating it like the same kind of question as "did President Biden gently caress his cat" or "does President Biden have a racist artifact in his house" wherein taking the time to acknowledge the question by denying it would be itself a bad idea, but again, a lot of people are already saying he has dementia, because of the many instances where he has been shown on video clearly having dementia, so the time for doing that is pretty clearly long past

Reminds me of some factchecker account smugly tweeting, "No, Hillary and Bill Clinton did not do cannibalism with a gang leader named barbecue," and you can tell Bill ordered that up to be spread so all the seals could clap and holler at that instead of, you know, the mounting evidence he was on Little Saint James.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

loquacius posted:

lol

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

loquacius posted:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

loquacius posted:

lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

loquacius posted:

Yeah I think it's definitely more that they're treating it like the same kind of question as "did President Biden gently caress his cat" or "does President Biden have a racist artifact in his house" wherein taking the time to acknowledge the question by denying it would be itself a bad idea, but again, a lot of people are already saying he has dementia, because of the many instances where he has been shown on video clearly having dementia, so the time for doing that is pretty clearly long past

I don't know what gave Psaki the secret sauce to be smugly condescending, but she clearly had it and it's obvious in her absence.

Their comms strategy hasn't changed but without the right person selling it, it doesn't come off like epic girl boss clapbacks.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I don't know what gave Psaki the secret sauce to be smugly condescending, but she clearly had it and it's obvious in her absence.

Psaki on Monday blasted critics who compared her to McDaniel, who, along with dozens of others, were fired from their jobs at the RNC after the Trump campaign carried out a massive overhaul.

The former Biden aide said that “some in the right-wing ecosystem” were pushing the comparison, which was out of place since her experience in politics was “paired with honesty, and with good faith,” whereas McDaniel was devoted to “service to one man.”

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

loquacius posted:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Some Guy TT posted:

so men become good because girlfriends teach them how to be good and these perfect men just ditch those life changing girlfriends for hotter ones? am i understanding the logic on this right?

It's like the inverse of the Nice Guy/Friendzone memes from the old days, back before Incel was coined as a term.
"Nice Guy puts in all this time and energy to lift a woman up, show her she's beautiful and deserving of love, and she immediately goes off to date some jockbro who wouldn't have given her the time of day before."

...And then I guess she teaches him how to fold socks, leading him to dump her for someone hotter, thus perpetuating the cycle.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

loquacius posted:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Willa Rogers posted:

Psaki on Monday blasted critics who compared her to McDaniel, who, along with dozens of others, were fired from their jobs at the RNC after the Trump campaign carried out a massive overhaul.

The former Biden aide said that “some in the right-wing ecosystem” were pushing the comparison, which was out of place since her experience in politics was “paired with honesty, and with good faith,” whereas McDaniel was devoted to “service to one man.”

what a great summary of the democrats. "yes we do the same things, but it's ok because we're the good guys."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

big don has definitely been shrinking.

also lmao at the trump thread in the bad place writing fanfic about how depressed he is these days from facing bankruptcy & losing a second election in a row.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I don't know what gave Psaki the secret sauce to be smugly condescending, but she clearly had it and it's obvious in her absence..

Well, it's Tilda Swinton, she's great in everything she does.

gauntanamo bae
Mar 11, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Their comms strategy hasn't changed but without the right person selling it, it doesn't come off like epic girl boss clapbacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_7uXRuGKZE

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

Yeah uh Toph let's ease up there

Fair, my apologies

I both know socially and am related to women who do this sort of thing on a rotating basis, so it's a bit of a sore subject personally

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

please let us not have dumbass bitcoin mayor andrew yang :pray:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

oh my god

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'm so tempted.... :sweatdrop:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Toph Bei Fong posted:

Fair, my apologies

I both know socially and am related to women who do this sort of thing on a rotating basis, so it's a bit of a sore subject personally

this is no way to talk about katara

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

Well, it's Tilda Swinton, she's great in everything she does.

i can't believe that i'm just now realizing that psaki is mason from snowpiercer

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The fact that Bill Clinton is still out there campaigning for the Dems and no one's questioning that on a basic level is why I think canceling isn't real. It's fake. There's nothing to it.

is pepsi ok posted:

i can't believe that i'm just now realizing that psaki is mason from snowpiercer

Wait until you watch Michael Clayton.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Willa Rogers posted:

25 bucks seems expensive.
Edit: drat, virtual

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

So that's a yes then

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

yeah

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

loquacius posted:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

loquacius posted:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Willa Rogers posted:

you need help

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

comedyblissoption posted:

in the gallup poll, only 18% of democrats support israel's bombings

29% of independents

biden is supporting the bombings against his party's majority, and trump is calling for an end to the bombings against his party's majority

lol

lmaooo at everything

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
lol at the third paragraph in that article:
https://gothamist.com/news/nypd-to-test-scanners-with-ai-tech-to-crack-down-on-guns-in-nyc-subway

quote:

Adams displayed scanners manufactured by Evolv, a Massachusetts-based weapons detection company that is being investigated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Federal Trade Commission for allegedly overstating its technology's capabilities.

Their company seem to revolve around computer vision-equipped metal detectors. One of their products is this ML object detection system specific to guns:

quote:

Visual Gun Detection

Evolv Visual Gun Detection™ adds another layer of security by leveraging AI on your security cameras to identify brandished firearms, helping safeguard your premises from the threshold and extending protection beyond.

and they have these metal detectors that, in this promo video, seem to also have CV capabilities. They have videos highlighting a couple prototype installs in schools: https://www.evolvtechnology.com/res...urity-screening and a different promo video:
https://evolv.showpad.com/share/Fdk2ngX6Sf7o9Vd7WqCXT. In the video in the second link, the system flags the woman's right hand with a box, but it does it before she even passes through the metal detector.

So my guess is that they trained a NN object detector specifically on images of guns, and images of people with concealed weapons, and the metal detector is there to weed out false positives.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

you need help

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

wasn't evolv a scam for special health water that that one webcomic guy "hapajap" in the old politoons thread shilled for

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

you need help

prolly.

I'd do it if I could share the link for a tviv bc I do believe it's gonna be funny, but that's :effort: and may not work so I'll just watch last nite's survivor instead.

besides, it's prolly gonna be 3 hrs of a bunch of lame hollywood people then a quick 30 minutes of genocider-chat before joe's brain retires for the evening.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

Plz register as Fromtheriver Tothesea

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

thanks for talking to mayor pete mr president, surely his insight will be of great value here

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvhw9BSURGg

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

lmao at the linked story about the fundraiser using this pic of biden, which makes him look like that colloidal silver libertarian guy.

jesus christ what is going on in this picture

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
My impression is that most presidents use that desk in the background as a little personal space shrine but usually they just put a bunch of pictures and challenge coins there. Haven't seen one put books about themselves there too. i dont pay THAT close attention to it though

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

omg don't do this lmao

send it to innocence project delaware or something instead so we can work exonerate hunter biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/JoeLieberman/status/66228834458017793