Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Sunday Morning posted:

He just wants his pa to hug him, tell him he loves him and that he'll get him the help he so desperately needs

LOL good luck with that Jr you're hosed

The only thing Trump likes to hug is a FILTH.

Flags I'd Love To Hump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

raifield posted:

To be fair, that's how I look every year between April and September.

drat allergies...

"Yeah, my nose is full of POLLEN that's all it is!"

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

poisonpill posted:

How is it possible that Junior looks like he’s one second away from crying in literally every photo

His eyelids curve down at the edge. His face is always puffy and red. He has a near constant squint on stage/when speaking to cameras.

You are primed to look for those as signs of distress and he's basically always pinging that bit of your brain.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

"kentucky colonel" (the thing that "colonel" sanders was) isn't a real colonel, it's some complete bullshit title that the state of kentucky hands out to tens of thousands of people every single year. in fact they give it to so many people that they had to shrink the certificate because it was costing too much.

wikipedia posted:

Increasing number of Kentucky colonels

Under Governor Steve Beshear in 2008, so many commissions were being issued that state budget cuts led to a major change in the design of the commission certificate, as the governor was issuing as many as 16,500 colonelships per year.[19] The certificate was downsized from the 10-by-15-inch (25 by 38 cm) size to 8.5 by 14 inches (22 by 36 cm). The wording remained the same on the certificate; however, the traditional gold seal and ribbon were replaced with a state seal that is embossed. Reducing materials for the new certificates was expected to save $5,000 annually for the state.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

ShimaTetsuo posted:

"kentucky colonel" (the thing that "colonel" sanders was) isn't a real colonel, it's some complete bullshit title that the state of kentucky hands out to tens of thousands of people every single year. in fact they give it to so many people that they had to shrink the certificate because it was costing too much.

It's like when I looked back at what it's cost me to make weed edibles for my coworkers over the years

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

ShimaTetsuo posted:

Oh my god I didn't even know that lmao

I mean I knew it was a bullshit award but I didn't know it was THAT bullshit

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

Eh, I don't think Fetterman will go full Sinema.

this, fetterman sucks with israel and he always did because his area of PA is heavly jewish mixed with alot of PA like his stance . He mostly good on other poo poo thankfully. the difference between him and sinema is he has actual beliefs(good and poo poo) and mostly sticks by them while sinema just didnt do anything.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 29, 2024

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
God loving damnit I just read Republicans are suing to stop SAVE. A ridiculously great thing that is helping me.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

MrQwerty posted:

He's high as gently caress on speed and blow

:hmmyes: I had a cokehead roommate in college who'd get like that when they were blown out of their mind.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

You're a Duke of Hazzard? More like a Dook of Hazard, amirite?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Hollismason posted:

God loving damnit I just read Republicans are suing to stop SAVE. A ridiculously great thing that is helping me.

What fuckwad state is doing that?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1773708159854444600

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1773709852289757342

BrideOfUglycat
Oct 30, 2000

Ringo Star Get posted:

So they impeached Mayorkas for…doing his job or not doing his job? Or because they need some sort of “DEMOCRATS BAD” story going through election season?

kazil posted:

They impeached Mayorkas because they can't impeach Biden

That and they want to dilute impeachment. They want it to mean nothing, and if it DOES mean something, they want to make sure they can point at Democratic politicians and officers and say they were also impeached. They are being somewhat successful on the first part. Why the gently caress does impeachment matter if they aren't going to do anything about it? It's absolutely in keeping with what the current GOP is like. There's no substance, only illusion, and if they just "post through" their issues, then obviously they aren't really issues.

Our local school district is on week 3 of bomb threats. Apparently, according to the Mayor, this is a national problem that's happening at schools across the country all following the same script. Some local on FB said the phone number came from Nigeria which probably means it was faked and this is an organized, concerted effort to shut down certain schools. I generally don't want to state something without proof or evidence, but I am 100% convinced this has to do with a local CHUD blogger who was canned from all 3 local media stations in a rather large market share area. He runs a "Conservative news" site that's gotten some traction on the bigger ones like OANN and Newsmax, and he's bitched about how people fought book bans in our schools. So, completely unsurprised that our school system is now a target.

You point that out to MAGAts, though, and they scream that only Libs and *insert LGBTQ slur here* shoot up schools and any attempt to correct that misconception is met with screeches of fake news. There is no reason to their statements. They are essentially the political equivalent of the kid slamming their hands over their ears and squinching their eyes while screeching "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA!" How do you fight this without just steamrolling them and doing what needs to be done anyhow?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

It's that Kansas pig fucker Kobach again behind the attack on SAVE

Can't his career just die already?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Hollismason posted:

What is SAVE

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TulliusCicero posted:

What fuckwad state is doing that?

loving Kansas

https://www.washingtonpost.com/education/2024/03/28/student-loan-lawsuit-save-repayment-plan/

11 state's joined in

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

It's a student loan repayment plan

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Biden's student loan plan that is personally saving me like $1k a month

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

BrideOfUglycat posted:

That and they want to dilute impeachment. They want it to mean nothing, and if it DOES mean something, they want to make sure they can point at Democratic politicians and officers and say they were also impeached. They are being somewhat successful on the first part. Why the gently caress does impeachment matter if they aren't going to do anything about it? It's absolutely in keeping with what the current GOP is like. There's no substance, only illusion, and if they just "post through" their issues, then obviously they aren't really issues.

Our local school district is on week 3 of bomb threats. Apparently, according to the Mayor, this is a national problem that's happening at schools across the country all following the same script. Some local on FB said the phone number came from Nigeria which probably means it was faked and this is an organized, concerted effort to shut down certain schools. I generally don't want to state something without proof or evidence, but I am 100% convinced this has to do with a local CHUD blogger who was canned from all 3 local media stations in a rather large market share area. He runs a "Conservative news" site that's gotten some traction on the bigger ones like OANN and Newsmax, and he's bitched about how people fought book bans in our schools. So, completely unsurprised that our school system is now a target.

You point that out to MAGAts, though, and they scream that only Libs and *insert LGBTQ slur here* shoot up schools and any attempt to correct that misconception is met with screeches of fake news. There is no reason to their statements. They are essentially the political equivalent of the kid slamming their hands over their ears and squinching their eyes while screeching "I CAN'T HEAR YOU! LA LA LA!" How do you fight this without just steamrolling them and doing what needs to be done anyhow?

You steamroller them, wherever you can

You openly laugh at their idiot bullshit, you go over their heads and do things anyway

Giving a gently caress about what insane stupid people think is pointless, you move forward and ostracize them as much as possible. You are never changing their minds, so gently caress it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Raku posted:

Biden's student loan plan that is personally saving me like $1k a month

Yeah it's saving me like 450 dollars.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Nothing SAVE, what's up with you?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The argument for student debt in general is loving absurd

States have no authority in federal student loans, gently caress yourselves

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

It's like when I looked back at what it's cost me to make weed edibles for my coworkers over the years

mmm I don't think so, tim.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://www.axios.com/local/phoenix/2024/03/27/arizona-gop-headquarters-sale

Is it good for the GOP if they are broke in Arizona?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lol I'd forgotten about this purestrain "you people" :yikes:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ShimaTetsuo posted:

A colonelship with a purchase of every bucket of KFC’s finest (must be done in Kentucky though)

Also these lib kids and their participation trophies!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Ugh the Save plan lawsuit has me sweaty and anxiety. Ugh.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

He looks drugged out of his mind there, why are his eyes half closed and his head tilted that way?

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
I'm super behind but I must reply to some dumb stove chat

https://youtu.be/8OpXNS5G7fo?si=Z4s6QgbYGOQBCTkc&t=23m03s

Edit: I didn't realize what a powerfully dumb derail this was when I replied. Leaving the cool clip though cuz this restaurant is good

Math You fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 29, 2024

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Oh good they are at 'strip the copper from the walls' step of debt.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Jesus. Just every time they have to find a way to be the biggest loving pieces of poo poo imaginable. “Oh this is good for someone? Better sue it!”

I have no words. What loving scum.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Jesus. Just every time they have to find a way to be the biggest loving pieces of poo poo imaginable. “Oh this is good for someone? Better sue it!”

I have no words. What loving scum.

They REALLY want to lose

Doing all this poo poo during an election year, and they never stop

You just lost a seat in loving Alabama by 25%

Lmao

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
That is their goal - either keep people from going to a college to become more liberal or punish those that do by making them take out loans that will haunt their financial dreams for forever, preventing them from having enough time to contribute as a liberal, and hope it prevents them from having time to vote.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SilvergunSuperman posted:

mmm I don't think so, tim.

A cheap thing that stacks up to thousands of dollars, yes

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

"I don't think so tim" lmao are you injured

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

I was reflexively trying to reconcile the cognitive dissonance between traditional concepts of love (empathy in sorrow) and Donald Trump, and then caught myself. That special emphasis he puts on ‘like love’ is ‘like obscene’.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

CommieGIR posted:

Oh good they are at 'strip the copper from the walls' step of debt.

It’s great this building can serve both kinds of Republican

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ringo Star Get posted:

That is their goal - either keep people from going to a college to become more liberal or punish those that do by making them take out loans that will haunt their financial dreams for forever, preventing them from having enough time to contribute as a liberal, and hope it prevents them from having time to vote.

According to Dave Ramsey you're an IDIOT if you don't pay for college in CASH. If you can't pay for a college education out of your own pocket, you should go to trade school and uh...well, that costs money too. So you should just work your way up, or something.

Also, PSLF is a myth and a TRAP and unethical so don't even think about qualifying, just do whatever it takes - work 80 hours a week eating beans and rice - until you've paid it off in ten years. God bless.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mulaney Power Move posted:

According to Dave Ramsey you're an IDIOT if you don't pay for college in CASH. If you can't pay for a college education out of your own pocket, you should go to trade school and uh...well, that costs money too. So you should just work your way up, or something.

Also, PSLF is a myth and a TRAP and unethical so don't even think about qualifying, just do whatever it takes - work 80 hours a week eating beans and rice - until you've paid it off in ten years. God bless.

You've got to live like no one else so that you can live like no one else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Are they aware that Hakeem Jeffries is a black man? Just show them a picture and say "this black man wants to tell you what to do" and they'll empty their pockets. Basically the LBJ strategy.