Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Fits well with the stadium's general aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

It's a shame there weren't any free agent pitchers available this spring for the Cubs to sign in case someone got injured.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

It's a shame there weren't any free agent pitchers available this spring for the Cubs to sign in case someone got injured.

Don't worry, I'm currently digging my hamstring out to send to Steele.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Hopefully the Dodgers can get back to their winning ways this year and hang another Regular Season Champions banner next March.

To be fair winning the regular season is more impressive than random rear end playoffs

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I've got a wild idea. How about 1 year, $26 million for Jordan Montgomery to the Cubs?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

Sorry they all wanted to play for serious contenders like the DBacks :smuggo:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Fire John mozeliak and Olivier marmite please.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Forrest on Fire posted:

Sorry they all wanted to play for serious contenders like the DBacks :smuggo:

DBacks are the premier powerhouse offensive team in the MLB right now.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

euphronius posted:

I’m so sick of the constant gambling in all facets of sports

We have left the light of the Lord.

https://twitter.com/yankees/status/1773509006801203387

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Dameius posted:

DBacks are the premier powerhouse offensive team in the MLB right now.

Yeah all through the powers of friendship and small ball. With the Steele injury, bunts are a land of contrasts

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I know Harper is a professional panderer but this has to be the worst shirt I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/1773726968573296813?s=19

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm sorry but this is the most insane thing I've seen posted in this thread.

He shares a booth with Michael Kay and isn't the worst one in there

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

This is miserable.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Poque posted:

This is miserable.

Meh, who cares.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I bet $4.5 million and made over $5 million!

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it's only been one game but I don't think my beloved Colorado Rockies are winning the pennant this year.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It’s ok, Cubs fans. Now we can get WezNasty. :negative:

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

it's only been one game but I don't think my beloved Colorado Rockies are winning the pennant this year.

Hey don't be so hard on yourself the DBacks easily could have done that to the Dodgers in the playoffs

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Bard Maddox posted:

Please take it easy on the Cubs. The Rockies are the cream filling between series with the Rangers and Dodgers.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Please take it easy on the Cubs. The Rockies are the cream filling between series with the Rangers and Dodgers.

Oh no, we're gonna lose a series to the Rockies!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

Oh no, we're gonna lose a series to the Rockies!

I just want it not to rain for Wrigley's opening series :pray:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
this season is a disaster why is this happening again

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

maffew buildings posted:

This is some prime thread title material here.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

maffew buildings posted:

30 fanbases are asking themselves the same question

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Luigi Thirty posted:

30 fanbases are asking themselves the same question

Just 30?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Nodoze posted:

Just 30?

I think Pirate's and A's fans know why.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Out of respect for the current WS champs I've chosen to illustrate the Cubs fans ITT after just one game in this fashion

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Is Tommy Milone available? Cubs need a soft tossing lefty ASAFP.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Horrible first inning or not, I knew that was going to hit. Nestor reliably gets one strikeout an inning, and would make it at least five. Then sometimes he goes nuts and strikes out a lot of people.

I think Nestor will have a good season. Maybe not 2022 good. But he was playing all of last year injured, like the rest of the Yankees.

-----------

Wait a second, how in the flaming gently caress did that Cardinals manager get hired for more years? I thought he was catty, podcast-bitching train wreck who managed the team like a high school debate club, no?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Captain Log posted:

Wait a second, how in the flaming gently caress did that Cardinals manager get hired for more years? I thought he was catty, podcast-bitching train wreck who managed the team like a high school debate club, no?

He's keeping the seat warm until Yadi decides he wants it.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Harlock posted:

I know Harper is a professional panderer but this has to be the worst shirt I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/Phillies/status/1773726968573296813?s=19

Cherelle Parker gonna have him arrested thinking he's a homeless dude who was dumpster diving behind a Foreman Mills.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m excited to see how much more horrendous the tv coverage of baseball has gotten this season

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
go the Philadelphia Baseball Phillies

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

euphronius posted:

I’m excited to see how much more horrendous the tv coverage of baseball has gotten this season

Pitch track presented by draft kings: live parlays on pitch sequence.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They have gotten very close to live animation behind the pitcher/hitter focus.

I think it happens this year.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Captain Log posted:

Horrible first inning or not, I knew that was going to hit. Nestor reliably gets one strikeout an inning, and would make it at least five. Then sometimes he goes nuts and strikes out a lot of people.

I think Nestor will have a good season. Maybe not 2022 good. But he was playing all of last year injured, like the rest of the Yankees.

-----------

oli is catty in a good way. he called out angel hernandez or one of the other lovely umps and then the ump proceeds to toss him regularly

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how long until mlb.tv has a widget that allows you to gamble on the outcome of the next pitch

how long after that until umpires start getting death threats because someone lost a grand by betting ball but the ump called something six inches outside a strike

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

ippei will not be the last

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

how long until mlb.tv has a widget that allows you to gamble on the outcome of the next pitch

how long after that until umpires start getting death threats because someone lost a grand by betting ball but the ump called something six inches outside a strike

next season and two days after it goes live respectively