Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Problem is Chuds are running out of money for side grifts. They have to main the Trump stuff with their pensions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Are they aware that Hakeem Jeffries is a black man? Just show them a picture and say "this black man wants to tell you what to do" and they'll empty their pockets. Basically the LBJ strategy.

Jeffries isn't in charge of anything. No one is motivated in the fight against the minority leader. They cannot articulate anything bad he's done other than existing. He's a token figurehead without power that no one has ever heard of.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Mulaney Power Move posted:

According to Dave Ramsey you're an IDIOT if you don't pay for college in CASH. If you can't pay for a college education out of your own pocket, you should go to trade school and uh...well, that costs money too. So you should just work your way up, or something.

Also, PSLF is a myth and a TRAP and unethical so don't even think about qualifying, just do whatever it takes - work 80 hours a week eating beans and rice - until you've paid it off in ten years. God bless.

Dave Ramsey is a stupid old boomer who refuses to believe that anything ever changed because then that might mean he has to put in an ounce of work and that he's wrong and he can't possibly be wrong because he's Dave Ramsey.

Seriously, the number of times he's given flat out awful, wrong advice about student loans is amazing. He should be sued and/or taken to the guillotine.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Are they aware that Hakeem Jeffries is a black man? Just show them a picture and say "this black man wants to tell you what to do" and they'll empty their pockets. Basically the LBJ strategy.

A lever that, when pulled, would release anvils on all their heads simultaneously would work too!

I blame all the Bugs Bunny cartoons I watched as a kid

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

If they vote him in as Speaker to replace Johnson, then they’ll be able to use him for fundraising. Do it, cowards!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Reading up on the lawsuit it seems pretty frivolous and the US department of education is in their right to change the plan.

So hopefully we get a non chud judge but thats not likely.

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jeffries isn't in charge of anything. No one is motivated in the fight against the minority leader. They cannot articulate anything bad he's done other than existing. He's a token figurehead without power that no one has ever heard of.

I'm surprised they haven't gone with AOC or another prominent lady representative.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

SamBishop posted:

gently caress yeah, Keisho Rex!

[edit] For gently caress's sake, I've been here for more than 20 goddamn years, how have I not learned to refresh the thread before I reply?

Nothing wrong with posting about my man Takakeisho or, as his english fans sometimes call him, the Battle Hamster.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Mr. Nice! posted:

They cannot articulate anything bad he's done other than existing.

That's been enough in the past

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Fritschner/status/1773725618875564292

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Mr. Nice! posted:

You act like any of that matters to Republican voters

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

he will probably win because red area but holy poo poo if he lost because he was a loving nut job.
https://twitter.com/Fritschner/status/1773727377824055319

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Alan Smithee posted:

Problem is Chuds are running out of money for side grifts. They have to main the Trump stuff with their pensions

What's the saying? "The problem with capitalism is eventually you run out of other people's money."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

TulliusCicero posted:

You just lost a seat in loving Alabama by 25%

Lmao

Keep in mind that that district is the one that lost the new Space Command HQ over, what the Pentagon outright said, was regressive chud legislation in the state. It's still a huge loss, but don't overplay the margin.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

You act like any of that matters to Republican voters

According to fundraisers, it does.

I think their real issue is not the lack of a boogeyman. It's that Trump is siphoning off every penny any small donor sends to pay for his lifestyle and personal legal bills.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

According to fundraisers, it does.

I think their real issue is not the lack of a boogeyman. It's that Trump is siphoning off every penny any small donor sends to pay for his lifestyle and personal legal bills.

its a mix of both. Biden doesnt scare the moderate indies/republicans like clinton did and hell trump scares them more now. also alot of them just dont want their money going to his bills.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

he will probably win because red area but holy poo poo if he lost because he was a loving nut job.

EXTREMELY funny and on brand to deflect beating your pregnant wife with "pobody's nerfect (except Jesus)"

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

"Well first of all, it wasn't a violent situation."
"You were arrested for assault."
"We were both arrested for assault!"

:wtf:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Squiggle posted:

EXTREMELY funny and on brand to deflect beating your pregnant wife with "pobody's nerfect (except Jesus)"

he is a religious nut who probably thinks anything he does is ok because he prays/jerks off to jesus on the cross and then says he is forgiven.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Frankly Boebert is so stupid and ineffectual and heavy a lead anchor for the party that I hope she wins the regularly-scheduled primary instead of that lunatic

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Mar 29, 2024

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its a mix of both. Biden doesnt scare the moderate indies/republicans like clinton did and hell trump scares them more now. also alot of them just dont want their money going to his bills.

Not scared, hate. People hate Clinton because she's a woman, because of a a decades long op, and because she's a woman.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Good news everyone! Senator Susan Collins says she won't vote for Trump this fall.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Squiggle posted:

I've heard the that saying in the past. I hosed up and had to call one of my in field technicians to ask him to drive out somewhere to fix my error. He was a nice older guy, so when I profusely apologized, he said "Don't worry, if someone is perfect, all they have to look forward to is a cross" or something to that effect. He basically meant it as "It's okay, I forgive you."

What I'm saying is: if you're going to bring Jesus into it like this, it should be about forgiving someone else for their fuckups, not trying to excuse your own.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAzfjQUuQB0

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

redshirt posted:

Good news everyone! Senator Susan Collins says she won't vote for Trump this fall.

Concerning.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Dave Ramsey is a stupid old boomer who refuses to believe that anything ever changed because then that might mean he has to put in an ounce of work and that he's wrong and he can't possibly be wrong because he's Dave Ramsey.

Seriously, the number of times he's given flat out awful, wrong advice about student loans is amazing. He should be sued and/or taken to the guillotine.

He's completely against any form of student loan forgiveness. His whole grift is to make it seem like repayment plans or PSLF is impossible to qualify for, so you pay him to take his financial advice which is basically pay off all your debt in ten years and never take out a loan or use a credit card.

His followers will tell you that even if you qualify for PSLF it's still wrong to do because it's unethical lol

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I got PSLF and it was no poo poo one of the best things to ever happen to me, and I went to college before it ballooned into the psychotically expensive poo poo it is now.

His followers will tell you that even if you qualify for PSLF it's still wrong to do because it's unethical lol

I got a D in Ethics my freshman year, and only then by cheating on the final. Probably explains why I love PSLF

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol RFK Jr spent $500,000 on Twitter

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

He's completely against any form of student loan forgiveness. His whole grift is to make it seem like repayment plans or PSLF is impossible to qualify for, so you pay him to take his financial advice which is basically pay off all your debt in ten years and never take out a loan or use a credit card.

Apparently he also told people the same thing about the pandemic paycheck protection loans, so at least he's consistent I guess :shrug:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

ShimaTetsuo posted:

"kentucky colonel" (the thing that "colonel" sanders was) isn't a real colonel, it's some complete bullshit title that the state of kentucky hands out to tens of thousands of people every single year. in fact they give it to so many people that they had to shrink the certificate because it was costing too much.

Fine, fine, EVERYONE'S a Kentucky Colonel. You change planes in Louisville International you're a Kentucky Colonel

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Every time Jon Hamm isn’t on the screen, people should be asking “where’s the remorse for being accused of setting a person on fire in the 90s?”

“In the 90s Yorkshire Pudding allegedly once put an unlit Black Cat (tm) firecracker down the back of someone’s hoodie and pretended like it was lit, and that person then freaked out and tried to quickly pull their hoodie off but it got stuck on their head and they tripped over a bag of mulch laying nearby and broke their glasses and their mom was really mad they had to buy new glasses. But nearly 25 years on, they seem to show no remorse”

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Even just recently he farted out advice arguing that an 8% draw on retirement savings is perfectly fine, because the market grows at 10% and you can easily beat that with a little effort, bingo bango you never run out of money on an 8% draw. An absolutely dipshit take for anyone, particularly a self-anointed finance expert, but nobody in finance seems willing to just tell him he's a brainwormed boomer with no real expertise.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Also lol at was it Walker? that was talking about how he was an official Super Detective with badge and everything and it was like the sticker that DARE cops give you when they come to your elementary school

Anyway, same vibe from Jr

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I love how they always use this poo poo to equate everybody as being "imperfect", like there aren't degrees of imperfection. I probably drink too much and I cuss a lot. OK, I'm not perfect. This motherfucker beat his pregnant wife. I'm not Christian and I'm far closer to Christ than this loving monster.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
what is it with that face they all seem to have

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Lmao

They are actually going to possibly lose that seat

They just can't help themselves

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Serious_Cyclone posted:

what is it with that face they all seem to have

Lab in Brazil

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
let he who has not beat his pregnant wife cast the first stone

... woah woah not everyone all at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

redshirt posted:

It's always obvious to me. They just make up boogeyman, crisis, issues, repeat them endlessly so they enter the mainstream, we then all dance to their tune for however long they play the song. Then it changes to something else, someone else, and we continue.

yep, it's all contrived wedge issues. there's a great always sunny episode about this, the one where charlie and mac make the Pickle Party. any time they finally get focused on the real problem, frank, dennis steps in and gives them a new wedge issue and they completely lose focus.