Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/ProgressiveTex/status/1773506896583860520

Well, this never occurred to me but yeah, totally makes sense. Just like Sound of Freedom, churches buy up a ton of bibles to support Trump and he just pockets a shitload of money. I mean, you can't criticize a church for buying bibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/ProgressiveTex/status/1773506896583860520

Well, this never occurred to me but yeah, totally makes sense. Just like Sound of Freedom, churches buy up a ton of bibles to support Trump and he just pockets a shitload of money. I mean, you can't criticize a church for buying bibles.

This will make Trump dozens of dollars!

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Toxic Mental posted:

lmao Here in Oregon, the least bad state, we all just got like a $1000 tax kicker refund thanks to weed sales. Our schools are all funded and poo poo, there's no budget gaps, it's great.

just heard a thing on the radio about a bunch of chuds who want to get rid of the bottle deposit/refund because it "enables the homeless and drug use!!!!!!!" lmao

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Tunt you've switched off your targeting computer

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Junk posted:

if anything changed here its that the obnoxious "stoner culture" pretty much evaporated once the veneer of rebellion was taken away

Yah if anything can kill off the cool factor of something it is government run stores :haw:

Although the stores around my area look pretty nice, I've never gotten into weed and honestly don't really care about it

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

its that mixed with fog horn bullshit and flights of reactionary fancy made by troup and friends at project 2025.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

This is just some quora fanfic but I thought at least the phrasing was funny

the lib Q

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

This will make Trump dozens of dollars!

Remember Sound of Freedom?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Do we have any data showing who Kennedy is gonna hurt more wrt biden/turmp?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

priznat posted:

Yah if anything can kill off the cool factor of something it is government run stores :haw:

Although the stores around my area look pretty nice, I've never gotten into weed and honestly don't really care about it

nice is nice, but the "too fancy weed store" from that share z0ne image is a true phenomenon

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

cr0y posted:

It's Trump. This is why Fox News and other organizations stopped promoting him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cr0y posted:

he is running on qanon fringe poo poo. he might peel off some Woo types but he will mostly be getting QANON types.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1773439949322240201?s=20

quote:

the Center is compiling dossiers evaluating the faith, church attendance, and families of conservative judges whose names have been floated as potential Supreme Court nominees. “In my own experience of evaluating hundreds of judicial nominees and then observing their performance on the bench, I conclude that the greatest predicter of their faithful and constitutional performance on the bench is their ‘worldview’ or ‘Christian faith,’” writes Jauregui on AFA Action’s website.

Jauregui claims that this brazen Christian nationalist standard does not violate the Constitution’s ban on religious tests for public office because the Center and its allies are simply private individuals making recommendations. On “At the Core,” he cited other religious-right leaders who are “on board” with the project, including David Barton, Tony Perkins, Michele Bachmann, and Gary Bauer.

Most disgusting wretched human beings on this list

quote:

One of the judges on AFA’s approved “green list” for the Supreme Court is Morse Tan, dean of Liberty University’s law school. Jauregui displayed the first two pages of the CJR’s research summary on Tan, which begins with a “Faith & Worldview” section emphasizing Tan comments about Liberty’s commitment to train “Champions for Christ.” It includes a discussion of his commitment to scripture and “why it is important to teach a Christian worldview to future lawyers.”

Joining Tan on AFA’s terrifying SCOTUS wish list:
Kristen Waggoner, head of the aggressively anti-choice, anti-LGBTQ equality legal giant Alliance Defending Freedom, which has pushed courts to weaken church-state separation and is now participating in a right-wing project to take ideological domination of the civil service under the next Republican president.

Mark Martin, former dean of Pat Robertson’s Regent University law school, current dean of High Point University’s law school and a former North Carolina Supreme Court justice who reportedly advised Trump (wrongly) that V.P. Mike Pence had the constitutional authority to impede the Electoral College count.

Judge James Ho, a Trump nominee to the 5th Circuit who has become notorious as a virtual parody of a right-wing activist, whose extreme opinions read like far-right ideological diatribes; Ho recently wrote that banning access to abortion medication injures anti-abortion doctors because they get aesthetic pleasure out of looking at ultrasound photos.

Judge Kyle Duncan, a 2018 Trump nominee who People For the American Way concluded was “manifestly unfit,” was confirmed to the Fifth Circuit by Senate Republicans. Before joining the court, he represented Hobby Lobby in a case used by the right-wing SCOTUS majority to declare that corporations can be exempt from laws protecting employee health that run counter to owners’ religious beliefs. He joined other right-wing activist judges in support of a Texas law encouraging vigilantes to use lawsuits to enforce an abortion ban and demonstrated gratuitous disrespect toward a transgender litigant.

Judge Lawrence VanDyke, a 2019 Trump nominee, was deemed an unqualified nominee by the American Bar Association and an “unqualified ideological extremist” by People For the American Way. As a judge, VanDyke tried to, in the words of a fellow circuit judge, “gut the Equal Pay Act.”

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

cr0y posted:

He's attracting anti-vaxxers and those types tend to lean chud

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Kennedys a spoiler for Trump not Biden

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

Polls seem to show Kennedy mostly hurting Biden from what I've seen, but there isn't a chance in any election that RFK is getting 13% of the vote.

I think Trump attacking Kennedy and Biden not says a lot

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
defended our freedoms in vietnam lol

https://twitter.com/SenFettermanPA/status/1773700533674455046

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i feel like most of these guys end up getting burned out in the senate like bork. senate would be too loving close either way to pass someone nuts. of course thats also hell world where trump wins.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ehh. i still feel bad for most vietnam vets. gently caress johnson for doubling down on that loving stupid war.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh wow I haven't had the displeasure of thinking about Michele Bachmann in like nearly a decade

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

ElectricSheep posted:

Oh wow I haven't had the displeasure of thinking about Michele Bachmann in like nearly a decade

yeah, they wont nominate any of those people because most of them wouldnt make it through. but gently caress if i know.

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich
RFKJr is attracting the person who votes to stick it to The System, which is why they went for Trump in 2016. There's no possibility of them voting for Biden, they were at most shaving off of Marianne Williamson.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

I'd also like to thank our brave men and women for defending our freedom in operation iraqi freedom.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I hate this country

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

that quote is loving gold. GOLD

e: but also yeah, religious nutjobs have been spending vast wealth of constructing useless idols to their made up gods since humans first picked up tools. we are a dumb species. a dumb, bad species.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I hate this country

A hollow sheet metal waste of money, very appropriate.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

gosh danged weed heads!

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

I hate this country

Christians erect: another $240k cross in Mississippi

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Data Graham posted:

This is just some quora fanfic but I thought at least the phrasing was funny

Post ITT every time you're the seventh chud of a seventh chud

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I hate this country

I remember my first time driving through the US like 25 years ago and seeing this 150 foot illuminated monstrosity from the highway on the way to memphis at night, and wondering what the gently caress is wrong with the country

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

bird with big dick posted:

Debtors prison absolutely should exist because some people deserve it but it would be abused and weaponized. Just another example of why we can't have nice things.

This is the real reason we can't have nice things:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Unfortunately it's only March.

Wake me up in August when this poo poo matters.

There were these same stories in the fall of 2016, as well.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

brugroffil posted:

There were these same stories in the fall of 2016, as well.

Yes. I think people have amnesia about how much the Trump campaign was in "disarray" and how Hillary had it in the bag supposedly.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Stink Billyums posted:

I remember my first time driving through the US like 25 years ago and seeing this 150 foot illuminated monstrosity from the highway on the way to memphis at night, and wondering what the gently caress is wrong with the country

some people just got way too into evangalion :shrug:

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

MasterSitsu posted:

I'm starting to become a Biden Landslide Believer and I really dont want to do that to myself

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

I hate this country

i'm willing to bet that there are gas pipes lining the interior of that monstrosity, and that thing is gonna be able to be on fire.

Juando290
Apr 22, 2007

You stopped toe curlin in the hot tub cause you heard sperms stay alive in there and you have seen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles enough times to know how that story ends.

Toxic Mental posted:

lmao Here in Oregon, the least bad state, we all just got like a $1000 tax kicker refund thanks to weed sales. Our schools are all funded and poo poo, there's no budget gaps, it's great.

Easy for us to do when we set our education budget so low…Last I looked, we were ranked 41st in quality of education (though we are 12th for education attainment…so we are graduating a bunch of kids who would not make it in other states) . Are we the lowest ranked blue state on that metric? I would research it more, but my Oregon education taught me that I don’t really have to.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Oh no no, ahahahahahaha :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Serious_Cyclone posted:

I guess I'm glad that Biden is opening campaign offices in various places but it seems like a weird thing to crow about, it's not directly proportional to public sentiment about the campaign.

Agreed, a lot of what they're bragging about seems to be inside baseball stuff when they should be focusing on accomplishments and charts going in the right direction. But, it also kind of rhymes with the way that Trump attacked Biden 4 years ago for "sitting home scared in his basement", and if it gets under anyone's skin because "You can't say that about our guy, that's our attack on you!", then I'm all for it.

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

In the clip she doesn’t say anything about being a liberal, just that she thinks J6 people should be held accountable for the crimes they were convicted of, apparently that makes you a liberal.

Sadly, the ship for there being any sort of accountability for mis-summarizing an article/video in a share has long since sailed. What was that dumb service that was being launched a few years back that was supposed to only show verified articles or something? How the gently caress was that supposed to work?