Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

my man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Hefty Leftist posted:

when RAW goes to Netflix, is anyone even going to give a poo poo about TV ratings? i'd like to know the streaming numbers for AEW internationally each week cause that seems to be way more important

I'd love to know the fite numbers specifically.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Hefty Leftist posted:

when RAW goes to Netflix, is anyone even going to give a poo poo about TV ratings? i'd like to know the streaming numbers for AEW internationally each week cause that seems to be way more important

Get ready to quickly tire of people talking about "watch minutes"

https://www.netflix.com/tudum/top10/tv

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nothing sensational, just a Kenny update:

Meltzer posted:

While no decision has been made, it looks more likely than not that Kenny Omega will be getting surgery on his intestines. He’s had his ups and downs but has largely been dealing with a good amount of pain for months now. He said surgery is becoming more and more likely as two different doctors have told him they think it’s the best option. It’s not 100 percent that he will have surgery but it’s looking more likely, particularly if he wants to get into condition to resume his career that he will probably have to get rid of the perforated sections of his intestine and colon. There is an obvious plan if and when he returns to come back into a feud with Kazuchika Okada, and because of the legendary status of those matches, that becomes a situation where he’s going to want and need to get into top shape. We keep going back to Davey Boy Smith Jr. and Brock Lesnar, who both returned at a high level and both of their situations were very bad as well, but Omega’s situation was legitimately life threatening.

No All In this year, I imagine.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Praying for Kenny

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

kenny dont be a dummy go get the surgery

also i thought brock almost died with his case as well

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
though surgery objectively seems like the best option from the information we have, I can understand why Kenny would be reticent to go that route

the company is at its peak right now in terms of match quality and sheer depth of roster and he likely can't help but feel that he'll be left behind/forgotten about while he recovers

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
how did kenny sustain such an injury in the first place?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Coaaab posted:

it just happens

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Maybe what happened is that during the hospital stay, maybe his inflammation had gone down enough that it wasn't life threatening and they gave him antibiotics to see if his gut responds well and starts healing on its own that surgery could be avoided, he's been streaming and has done stuff for square enix in the past month

That might be it and now they did another check up and saw that it isn't healing and he does need the surgery.
I never had this happened to anyone around me so I can't even try to use anecdotal evidence

All I know for sure is that I want Kenny to be healthy:ohdear:

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan
wrestlers will put anything in their body but Metamucil

maybe some cupping or kinesiology tape will fix it??

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Miching Mallecho posted:

I never had this happened to anyone around me so I can't even try to use anecdotal evidence

it happened to an old boss of mine (from what i presume was stress), they were in the hospital for a week then were fine

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Praying for Kenny

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Meltzer sayin Kenny will need surgery pretty much confirms he will not need surgery.

I will say having Mercedes just do nothing since debuting has been a bad choice, her promos are not great and she’s just been sitting there. I almost wonder if she’s not cleared fully and is biding time because otherwise there’s no reason to not have her wrestle like Red Velvet

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Not only does Kenny need surgery but they’re going to take his entire digestive system out of his body and put it back in, per Meltzer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1773772307405689248

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That's a pretty neat match-up, stylistically.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Also remember that H2L is tonight! Press conference is going on right now.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1773775079240856057

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Callis Family is literally a faction of awesome future stars who badly need to be rebranded as the USA wing of United Empire, they all fit into the schema of it anyway so just get Callis to gently caress off and make Ospreay the leader. Hobbs career has unfortunately been a story of being shuttled from faction to faction but being the right hand man for Ospreay would probably be the most beneficial pairing in his career.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1773777709396595092?s=20

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You really think they’re going to keep Ospreay in a heel faction?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Bruv.......

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Does wrestling CAUSE diverticulitis? I don't know a drat thing about it but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing taking worked shots to the midsection is likely to cause

Bad nutrition, anti-inflammatory meds, and (in Brock's case, at least) steroids, maybe

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Will vs. Will is going to loving rock, thank you Tony

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

Does wrestling CAUSE diverticulitis? I don't know a drat thing about it but it doesn't seem like the kind of thing taking worked shots to the midsection is likely to cause

Bad nutrition, anti-inflammatory meds, and (in Brock's case, at least) steroids, maybe

steroids can absolutely be a cause but the physicality of wrestling itself is not

imagine waking up one day and you have a bunch of blisters on your arm for no discernable reason. it's basically that but in your intestines and the blisters are very angry

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Let's go Will!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

You just get it. It's very much a genetic/it just happens problem. As you age weak spots in your colons outer wall can form and the inner wall will push through and from a small pocket. Those pockets are diverticulosis and food and bacteria can then get trapped in those pockets and cause infections which is diverticulitis. Diet can make it worse but doesn't really cause the pockets to form. The wrong food can absolutely kick off diverticulitis, popcorn is a big no no because of the kernels potentially getting trapped.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I will say having Mercedes just do nothing since debuting has been a bad choice, her promos are not great and she’s just been sitting there. I almost wonder if she’s not cleared fully and is biding time because otherwise there’s no reason to not have her wrestle like Red Velvet

Her commentary sucked real bad, so far I haven’t seen or heard anything to convince me I’m wrong about her not being this crazy great signing everyone insists that she is.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah my mom just had a short hospital stay for it. She's doing fine now!

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Endless Mike posted:

well jeez I didn't think Mercedes' commentary was that bad

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

No, their mom was in the hospital to try and cure her case of bad commentary.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was thought of as a great signing because she has one of the top 2 or 3 biggest personal fanbases of all women in wrestling and is one of the better wrestlers in the division. it's a terrible signing if she was brought in to be on commentary but no one could have reasonably expected that

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I thought her commentary was basically 90% of wrestlers on commentary except she marked out for the DVD on the apron which was really cool.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

Hope she continues to heal and is good after it, friend

I am willing to personally at the very least wait to see a Mercedes match in 2024 to decide whether she is washed or not

In fact, while edge’s early matches were perfectly fine, I don’t think he started really cooking again until the I quit match

Maybe she’s still knocking the rust off, and is still practicing with willow or something backstage

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I thought her commentary was basically 90% of wrestlers on commentary except she marked out for the DVD on the apron which was really cool.

Compared to Timeless Toni Mercedes was really bad on commentary, added nothing at all to anything

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Alan_Shore posted:

Compared to Timeless Toni Mercedes was really bad on commentary, added nothing at all to anything

Timeless Toni is not "90% of wrestlers on commentary" and in fact is better than 90% of them.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Barry Bluejeans posted:

well jeez I didn't think Mercedes' commentary was that bad

lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I really dig how four or five women right now are all in contention for the tbs title and it is being treated like any of them could wind up with the belt at any time but Julia is the best so far

Even sky blue who has developed to the point that while I do not want her to win the belt yet, I want her to get a solid run at vying for it and turning on Julia ghoulia at some point

I would like this to be the state for nearly all the titles, except maybe tags and trios

I want a group of like four or five people to be trying to jockey for the shot at a given champion, and all feel like they are either legit contenders or at least interesting ones who might figure out a way to steal the win

That is my ideal state of title contention booking, a pool of contenders who try to get the shot or get the champ’s attention or force the issue, then sometimes it is a multi man thing or a one on one, and then grudges are typically held aside from title booking until they aren’t

I personally dislike the “one dominant champ/champ team vs so-and-so, they beat so-and-so, next person in contention walks out and poses” method that has been more common

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Will vs. Will is going to loving rock, thank you Tony

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Coaaab posted:

diverticulitis is one of those fun things the human body can get where it can just pop up out of nowhere and kill you