Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mercedez can’t promo, that’s fine, when she wrestles it’ll be a bunch of fairweather marks going crazy in here.

Also I just got a nielson letter if anyone wants to bribe me to watch dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I wouldn't mind Mercedes spinning her wheels so much if we didn't simultaneously get Osprey and Okada having matches all the time and winning titles first try.

People tell me these three are among the best wrestlers on the planet and Tony's keeping me from seeing one of them wrestle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

My Lovely Horse posted:

I wouldn't mind Mercedes spinning her wheels so much if we didn't simultaneously get Osprey and Okada having matches all the time and winning titles first try.

People tell me these three are among the best wrestlers on the planet and Tony's keeping me from seeing one of them wrestle

Mercedes is coming off a career threatening injury, Tony might not be keeping you from seeing her wrestle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

diverticulitis is one of those fun things the human body can get where it can just pop up out of nowhere and kill you

Nature is beautiful like that

It's never a fun surprise like oh wow for some reason your body has developed I'm such a way to make you faster and stronger

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Julia is the best TBS champion and should hold it forever based on the most important factor: her theme is an absolute banger and “The house always wins” is an excellent phrase for her to gloomily sing.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Still thinking about Julie winning the street fight and sky Blue laughing in the wreckage of the table in willows face

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/JoshStarnesFilm/status/1773733431236600234

Some important context to week to week ratings.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shard posted:

Nature is beautiful like that

It's never a fun surprise like oh wow for some reason your body has developed I'm such a way to make you faster and stronger
Well that's usually puberty

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Eat My Fuc posted:

Mercedez can’t promo, that’s fine, when she wrestles it’ll be a bunch of fairweather marks going crazy in here.

I mean, not really. Everyone seems to be of the same mind that her promos stink and her wrestling is good, and that she’s not being used to her strengths yet. Not really fair weather at all.

Turning her full heel and having Stokely manage her so they can promo together would probably turn me around on her promos. They’ve just never been her strong point.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Can't stop winning!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

diverticulitis is one of those fun things the human body can get where it can just pop up out of nowhere and kill you

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/diverticulitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20371758

It takes some doing to get it and isn't as random as say a brain aneurysm. Could have been diet over time, if Kenny had been on the gas for an extended period of time, definitely wasn't for his lack of working out, age plays a factor.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kenny got more obviously gassed to the gills some time in 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

My Lovely Horse posted:

She joined the company two weeks ago.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i liked the womens 4-way best of all on dynamite. i think they're doing good work with the tbs belt.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/TonyKhan/status/1773831986164986330?s=20

look at the adjective: wrestle

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

all my casual friends thinks The CEO Mercades Mone is the coolest person in aew

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/TonyKhan/status/1773832739881431150

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

all my casual friends thinks The CEO Mercades Mone is the coolest person in aew

overheard some casuals at the hipster coffee shop

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

I love this man

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
i like her wigs

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sisal Two-Step posted:

i like her wigs

I like the ones she wears that are just crazy colors like the pink one she wore this week. I always thought the ones with patterns like leopard print or writing CEO in the back looks kinda ugly.

Edit: And as a fat bald goon I think my opinion on hair should be trusted

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

HE'S THE BEST WRESTLER
THE BESTLER
BETTER THAN ALL THE RESTLER

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Also remember that H2L is tonight! Press conference is going on right now.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1773775079240856057

will it be on demand

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

My Lovely Horse posted:

well, two of them are.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Lamuella posted:

She joined the company two weeks ago.
Okada got a title in two weeks.

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

STING 64 posted:

will it be on demand

CMLL streams its Tuesday and Friday night shows on its YouTube channel for paying members, but you must be on the Fan Leyendas (highest/35 USD) tier to watch Homenaje a Dos Leyendas live. The two cheaper tiers get the show only as a VOD on a nine-day delay.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STING 64 posted:

will it be on demand

The press conference, yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx734t_jh1k

The event, yes, but only if you subscribe and if you pay for the lower tiers it won't be for nearly two weeks.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat, im gonna be swamped tonight with baseball and march madness, was hoping to watch when I get home.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STING 64 posted:

drat, im gonna be swamped tonight with baseball and march madness, was hoping to watch when I get home.

So be a fan legend and watch on on demand! Be a fan cheapskate and wait!

Also the main event probably won't start until well after midnight.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

So be a fan legend and watch on on demand! Be a fan cheapskate and wait!

Also the main event probably won't start until well after midnight.

oh if its on demand then i'll grab it tonight, hell yeah

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STING 64 posted:

oh if its on demand then i'll grab it tonight, hell yeah

If you are subscribed to the $35 tier.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Okada got a title in two weeks.

Okada was also slotted directly into a faction and had been wrestling matches on AEW shows since 2022. Ospreay was already a part of the Don Callis family when he joined the company, which he announced several months in advance. Mercedes is starting from a different place. Each of the three episodes of Dynamite that have happened with her in the company have featured her heavily, they're building to a story with her and Willow, and there's a pay per view three weeks away. The idea that she's "spinning her wheels" because they're building up to her first match is weird.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I want to see more Mercedes matches. The clear wait to build anticipation for her first match is a TK special and it's not bad promotion, and they'll probably have her wrestle Skye Blue at the PPV. But I'm impatient!!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Yeah I just wanna see the apparently super good wrestler wrestle

plus it kinda highlights how the women's division doesn't have the same breathing room as the men's again. When an Okada or a Danielson come in it's easy to have 1 in 4 matches be the Okada or Danielson match for a few weeks but every match Mercedes gets is a slot where no one else wrestles. (Other than her opponent.)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Chuggs is on Kenny's twitch stream right now.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Callis Family needs to turn on Ospreay this week. Ospreay is full of Babyface fire right now, which may be they didn't anticipate?, and him being with Callis but also wrestling Callis guys makes no sense.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Pylons posted:

The Chuggs is on Kenny's twitch stream right now.

Tuned in and there's riho :aaa:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Miching Mallecho posted:

Tuned in and there's riho :aaa:

Riho just whipped his rear end, 3-1.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Is the Chugs actually good at games or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Majinfoose posted:

Is the Chugs actually good at games or not?

Oh no, no, no, no, no. Nooooo.

But he is fun to watch quite frequently.