Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

There is actual RLM crossover insofar as one of the oney players co-created smiling friends which mike did voice acting for in the pilot. Even their hollywood pretension projects are in a less degenerated state than the boys equivalent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's funny to me that Zach Hadel, co-creator of Smiling Friends, is somehow the least juvenile shockjock of the OneyPlays crew.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
their idea for making cyril switch sides is just so strange I don't know how to criticise it. 'he loves justice' did we watch the same show?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

No Mods No Masters posted:

There is actual RLM crossover insofar as one of the oney players co-created smiling friends which mike did voice acting for in the pilot. Even their hollywood pretension projects are in a less degenerated state than the boys equivalent

The RLM boys being low-key failures in perpetual Mid-West exile is a huge part of their whole appeal. I can’t imagine a world in which Space Cop was a massive hit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Improbable Lobster posted:

He was excellent in Boardwalk, what a goodass series

Deserved a better final season it was so good.

Does anyone on SA ever talk about oney plays or is that too much of a zoomer thing. I feel like they're sort of like the boys in some ways but less far along in the brain into soup progression

They're very funny but I do feel like I'm too old to have heard of them let alone listened to them. Made a lot of sense that Mike was a character on the funniest guy's show.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 29, 2024

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Creating the oney plays thread and just reusing all of my existing rich evans posts but for tomar

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Failson posted:

I miss when Sci Fi channel showed UFO all the time. I guess I just miss the Sci Fi channel.

is that some misleading movie cut of some episodes or what? the show is uh...not quite like that lol

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

in another, beautiful world, mark borchardt and mike schank started a youtube channel and became the most popular midwestern movie review alcoholics instead of jay and rich and mike

billymumphrey
Mar 2, 2022

Groovelord Neato posted:

Deserved a better final season it was so good.

They're very funny but I do feel like I'm too old to have heard of them let alone listened to them. Made a lot of sense that Mike was a character on the funniest guy's show.

Revisiting mid oughts HBO, I caught a few glimpses of True Blood as a boxed set marathon had been screening recently.

I remember it being ridiculous and campy, but holy poo poo it is completely unhinged and nonsensical. The first three seasons cover about a 3 month period in world. How did this get made, how was it a success, and how didn't it get cancelled sooner.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Stink Billyums posted:

oppenheimer just came out in japan and the reception appears to be rather mixed

Good for them.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I googled oney plays and the thumbnails make me want to shove no mods no masters into a locker

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

kalel posted:

I don't know how you could give a poo poo about star wars in a post-dunc world

You say this as a joke but honestly, unironically.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

They're right though, the Andor title screen is way too long

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

To be sure if you're not a gamer they're probably not going to do anything for you. And the gamer ratio ITT has long seemed less than the forums average

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Does anyone on SA ever talk about oney plays or is that too much of a zoomer thing. I feel like they're sort of like the boys in some ways but less far along in the brain into soup progression
I know a guy who knew psychicpebbles back in the day, so, we're basically best friends and I'm going to invite them to my birthday party

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

RLM is just what Dan Harmon and Rob Schrab would be if they never went to Hollywood

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

sharknado slashfic posted:

Is that a Jenny project

the guy who makes smiling friends is on it

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

billymumphrey posted:

Revisiting mid oughts HBO, I caught a few glimpses of True Blood as a boxed set marathon had been screening recently.

I remember it being ridiculous and campy, but holy poo poo it is completely unhinged and nonsensical. The first three seasons cover about a 3 month period in world. How did this get made, how was it a success, and how didn't it get cancelled sooner.

True Blood was in that weird post-Sopranos, pre-Game of Thrones period for HBO when they just needed a big hit so badly and weren’t above making a piece of absolute trash their marquee show if it brought in the numbers.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What big shows is Max going to have left after Curb Your Enthusiasm ends next week? House of the Dragon? After Game of Thrones, I couldn't possibly care about that one. I'm probably going to cancel my membership after Curb ends.

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

kalel posted:

I googled oney plays and the thumbnails make me want to shove no mods no masters into a locker

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rageaholic posted:

What big shows is Max going to have left after Curb Your Enthusiasm ends next week? House of the Dragon? After Game of Thrones, I couldn't possibly care about that one. I'm probably going to cancel my membership after Curb ends.

Went from the best streaming service to the worst overnight

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Rageaholic posted:

the last of us was popular, though I doubt season 2 will have as an enthusiastic response.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

HotD managed to win a lot of people back, haven't really watched it myself

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Stink Billyums posted:

the last of us was popular, though I doubt season 2 will have as an enthusiastic response.
Oh right. I enjoyed season 1 and I'm looking forward to season 2, though that probably won't be finished this year, huh?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Rageaholic posted:

True Detective season 4, in preparation for season 5 from the same showrunner!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

How many more episodes of tokyo vice are left. I guess that's not really a big show, it certainly looked like spent money on it as though it was though. Whoops

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

khwarezm posted:

True Detective season 4, in preparation for season 5 from the same showrunner!
Season 4 just ended, and if 5 has the same showrunner, pass.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stink Billyums posted:

People will tune in for the season opener at least. That's a no-brainer.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

kalel posted:

I... want to shove no mods no masters into a locker

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Arc Hammer posted:

People will tune in for the season opener at least. That's a no-brainer.

It'll be a hole in one.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I had hoped the people wanting to shove me would go down when I stopped posting about star wars, it's concerning it would rise

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

khwarezm posted:

It'll be a hole in one.

A man chooses to watch Last of Us Season 2. A slave obeys.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

Oh right. I enjoyed season 1 and I'm looking forward to season 2, though that probably won't be finished this year, huh?

Every show is taking at least two years to make each season. Even a mega hit like Wedneday should have been rushed back into production, but it's over a year on from its premiere with no start date for season 2 in sight. It's no wonder youtube is replacing cable, network, and streaming for a whole generation of people. Plenty of channels can put in good work and still release at least two videos a month.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

henkman posted:

there might be a gas leak in the warehouse

Brain fog caused by all the Lyme Disease that Mike has from getting bit by a dozen ticks a day

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Forget all this nerd talk about Star Wars and HBO, I'm genuinely salivating to see what Megalopolis will be like, the pre-release buzz is making it sound donkey-bonkers insane.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Stink Billyums posted:

Game of Thrones only got more popular as it got worse

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ashpanash posted:

Game of Thrones only got more popular as it got worse

And then no one liked the ending.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Instead of Star Wars I watched Crimson Tide tonight. That's a good loving movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

GoT had the perfect ratio of blood and nudity to long boring exposition to get people invested in the subtle plots and machinations and characters. Then they outpaced the books and the characters turned into two dimensional memes that had soap opera drama with no boobs and ridiculously poor fight cinematography. It’s like they forgot why people liked the show in the first place