Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I think Scarlet got done dirty. Hanna was just trying to get rid of her since the last episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sky1tt8vLA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I think Scarlet got done dirty. Hanna was just trying to get rid of her since the last episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sky1tt8vLA

And as an Australian I was happy to see it :getin:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you sort of put yourself in Hannah's mindset it makes sense really, like it was obvious scarlet was a bit pissed about being picked last week and Hannah was making a point of trying to create a positive space and sending Scarlett home was a way more efficient way of doing that than just sort of giving it that weird middle management mediation thing she went with at the start of the episode.

Also while I think scarlet was a poor choice last week I think she's kind of an obvious pick this week. Le grande dame and marina are both from fairly niche franchises and have absolutely dominated the competition and scarlet is from the big one where they win real money and also while she's had a good run she hasn't blown me away like the other two.

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Mar 24, 2024

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

its not really scarlets fault but the edits she’s recieved throughout the franchise make her come off slightly on the wrong side of reality tv artifical where she’s a technically sound competitor who plays the game well but isn’t as likeable by half as the queens who come off as just being themselves (i.e. ridiculous weirdoes) like, to name four, marina tia hannah lgd. seems like scarlet legit forgot that she strongly insinuated she’d vote strategically in an early untucked and that was justification enough. good run on her end but ru and bbc3 really didn’t want a us girl snatching those pounds. happy with whomever wins but of course I’m pulling for marina. I really don’t see her losing in the lipsync smackdown format unless the other queens pull off jimbo-tier chicanery on the runway (and hannah already deployed her PEFs this past episode)

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Gotta say out of all the Drdu girls Hannah was NOT the one I was expecting to have a banging routine with the fans with the flowy ribbon twirling things going on. I was very high and that stuff had me sort of reaching out to touch it like the apes around the obelisk in 2001

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Attention all future queens: This is how you go all out when a song is solidly in your opponent's wheelhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6bn4-3x0M

Take notes, Dawn.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

If you sort of put yourself in Hannah's mindset it makes sense really, like it was obvious scarlet was a bit pissed about being picked last week and Hannah was making a point of trying to create a positive space and sending Scarlett home was a way more efficient way of doing that than just sort of giving it that weird middle management mediation thing she went with at the start of the episode.

Also while I think scarlet was a poor choice last week I think she's kind of an obvious pick this week. Le grande dame and marina are both from fairly niche franchises and have absolutely dominated the competition and scarlet is from the big one where they win real money and also while she's had a good run she hasn't blown me away like the other two.

I would also argue that Scarlet had the advantage of being a native English speaker who has seen drag roasts before, and still whiffed it.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

Pinwiz11 posted:

Attention all future queens: This is how you go all out when a song is solidly in your opponent's wheelhouse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh6bn4-3x0M

Take notes, Dawn.

I was prepared for this to be Utica's rendition of 'Lady Humps'

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dawn's response slayed me.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C41qQWhxkG0/

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

In front of my salad?!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Finished drag race france season 2. I loved it.

Notable queen: Piche. I have never thought drag looked good with a beard but she pulled it off magnificently.

Drag race france is apparently wildly popular in france and I can see why.

They did Mami Watta dirty by having someone who did her brand on the same season but just...more polished. Imagine having Symone and luxx noir London on the same season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Jujubee, Monet, and Trinity are on "Um, Actually" today if you have Dropout.

Other random drag race news: Mustii, Drag Race Belgium judge, is well positioned in the odds for a great showing at Eurovision and Nicki Doll will be commentating on the Semi Finals for France.,

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kk6UZW3p70

This comment is about merch: It's real; did we already know about this?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Ooh, they have to do choreography for the makeover? RIP ~~~Q~~~

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Continuing my travel around the world. Back in Canada for season 2 and this is dogshit. How'd they go from such a strong season to such a weak one?

They send all their best characters home in the first three weeks.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

a large part of why canada s2 kind of stinks is the absolute downgrade brad and traci are from stacy and jeffrey. both of them have acute cases of teleprompteritis

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

panko posted:

a large part of why canada s2 kind of stinks is the absolute downgrade brad and traci are from stacy and jeffrey. both of them have acute cases of teleprompteritis

STACEY :negative:

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Brad's not terrible but Traci is basically Canadian Toronto TV Bot 5000 and probably has to be connected to a USB between takes.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah I like brad. He's no Jeffrey but he's ok. Season 1 was goated.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

CDR has top tier untucked drama, which is funny considering the Canadian nice stereotype

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Canadians are polite, not nice. And your wig looks like a grandma dunked her head in a toilet.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

angerbot posted:

Canadians are polite, not nice. And your wig looks like a grandma dunked her head in a toilet.

Canadians have a permanent facade of niceness. I will say sorry for anything while thinking what an rear end in a top hat.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

UKvtW2 Finale: Completely happy with the results.

Yes, it's a shock that Hannah beat Marina and they definitely edited it for a Hannah win but she KILLED. IT. (Had it been the remix Marina would have won.)

Tia was sooooooo camp but in the best way. So creative, able to escalate at just the right time, and the last beat of the Final was perfection.

Congrats, Tia!

Bonus points for Blu's reaction to a prize fund. :laffo:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Pinwiz11 posted:

UKvtW2 Finale: Completely happy with the results.

Yes, it's a shock that Hannah beat Marina and they definitely edited it for a Hannah win but she KILLED. IT. (Had it been the remix Marina would have won.)

Tia was sooooooo camp but in the best way. So creative, able to escalate at just the right time, and the last beat of the Final was perfection.

Congrats, Tia!

Bonus points for Blu's reaction to a prize fund. :laffo:

Disappointed that Marina didn’t win, thought she slightly edged out Hannah in the lip sync but Hanna did do an amazing job.

If it wasn’t Marina I was hoping for Tia, so content with the results of the season.

Happy Arantxa won Miss Congeniality.

Ultimately, I enjoyed this one much more than season 1.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aww, really happy for Tia. She upped her game so hard and her two performances tonight were such a delight :unsmith:

They so blatantly rigged it against Marina though. She destroyed Hannah in that lipsync

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

S16 mid-episode: LAZY SUSAN SDLFL;GJSL;DFKGJ;AELKRFNGLAKJESDFDHNBGLAKJSDFHNNGLAKJEDSFNGLSKJDFNGBLSKJDFHNGLSKJDFBHGGBLAKJDSFHGL;AKGJ i'm dead

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Nymphia is just adorable, and I love this look and presentation

I think Q and Luna are the bottom.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

S16 mid-episode: LAZY SUSAN SDLFL;GJSL;DFKGJ;AELKRFNGLAKJESDFDHNBGLAKJSDFHNNGLAKJEDSFNGLSKJDFNGBLSKJDFHNGLSKJDFBHGGBLAKJDSFHGL;AKGJ i'm dead

It's such a loving good name.

Who the gently caress is Kelsea Ballerini.

Edit:

Final 4

It was obvious from the very start that this would be the group to make it to the end.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Mar 30, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Well, I personally thought Q should've been in the bottom, but I guess this was always gonna happen. Morphine herself seemed to have expected she was getting booted regardless.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
I wasn't able to watch Drag Race stuff for 6 months. But I've finally caught up! Mostly!

Pinwiz11 posted:

Yeah. The top 2 were Plane Jane and Lazy Susan. None of the other actual contestants turned up today.

blizzardvizard posted:

Well, I personally thought Q should've been in the bottom, but I guess this was always gonna happen. Morphine herself seemed to have expected she was getting booted regardless.

Same! I thought Morphine was fine? Q and Sapphira were...whatever. Q was bad, no resemblance at all. No idea what the judges saw with that look but its the make over challenge, so whatever! The rules are made up and the points don't matter.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If Nymphia had this yellow wig then whyyy did she borrow that awful one from Amanda for her doll look?

Edit: maybe it's the same wig after she had more time to yassify it

Edit: oof... Sapphira's partner looked like Kahanna circa S11

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 30, 2024

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven't watched the ep yet but plane Jane being good at doing makeovers seems right somehow

I also haven't watched UK vs the world yet but as a Hannah Stan I'm just happy to see her werk

Queer Grenadier
Jun 14, 2023

THIS GUY HAS A POOPY BOOM BOOM

HE NOT WARSHING HE HOLES LOL
Morphine put way more effort into lip sync. I’m starting to think there’s a strong bias for Sephira

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The Q bias is very obvious, but whatever.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious
I do have to say, this season is better than 15 over all? There is the standard riggory and editorial thumb on the scales but it doesn't feel like it's a protracted coronation ceremony for one specific queen so that's been nice.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Queer Grenadier posted:

Morphine put way more effort into lip sync. I’m starting to think there’s a strong bias for Sephira

Morphine won that poo poo but there's no way production is going to let a 0-4 queen knock out the 4-0 favourite for the win.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Gollom posted:

I do have to say, this season is better than 15 over all? There is the standard riggory and editorial thumb on the scales but it doesn't feel like it's a protracted coronation ceremony for one specific queen so that's been nice.

Ehhhhhh I don't think the cast clicked as well. There's a lot less fun and romper room fuckery.

I miss spice. She was so wonderfully dumb. And mistress was a great villain.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

This seasons cast has been kinda bland for me except Nymphia, but she’s so dedicated the banana gimmick it knocks her down a peg.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I miss Luxx but more importantly I miss Luxx's 40 inches of real human hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

asian queen excellence corndogged by the perfidious commonwealth yet again. makes sense as tia kofi had the better narrative, going from extremely in her head on her original season to confident in her own skin on this one, whereas marina dropped onto this season fully-formed and immaculate. still, one of the best top 4s we’ve had in herstory. they’re all so likeable

panko posted:

happy with whomever wins but of course I’m pulling for marina. I really don’t see her losing in the lipsync smackdown format unless the other queens pull off jimbo-tier chicanery on the runway (and hannah already deployed her PEFs this past episode)

I hope this finale doesn’t start an arms race for prop gags onstage, really the only thing I want to see get smashed onstage is a queen’s tuck off of a jumping split