Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
pedro pascal even directly asked her to dial back the transphobia since his sister is trans. she refused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

always fun to remember that the US taxpayer gives billions to his company that makes “green” autos which he then pays himself as a salary and then uses that paycheck to service the interest on his debt to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that bought him the stormfront phone app

that's a very ftw number

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

these people try so hard to be aggrieved. it's so embarrassing

Ignore_Me
Mar 19, 2024

...! posted:

pedro pascal even directly asked her to dial back the transphobia since his sister is trans. she refused

how you gonna be transphobic in the Star Wars universe when sexual dimorphism has all but disappeared and the only sexual tension the creator is comfortable filming is a magic desert twink that makes out with his sister and a glamour rock era Bowie droid that has golden nipples

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its very smart to sue the biggest corporation on the planet with the world's best lawyers

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its very smart to sue the biggest corporation on the planet with the world's best lawyers

all i see is DEI hires. she will easily win due to the strength of her case

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/MrPope/status/1773911202063933816

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

that tim burton planet of the apes movie from 2001 did own, didn't it

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

general thade fought against woke

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Animal Teams

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

getting fukken shredded aint it

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

...! posted:

quote:

Today is an important day for me--I am filing a lawsuit against
@lucasfilm
&
@Disney

After my 20 years of building a career from scratch, and during the regime of former Disney CEO Bob Chapek, Lucasfilm made this statement on Twitter, terminating me from The Mandalorian: “Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm & there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural & religious identities are abhorrent & unacceptable.”

Nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is I was being hunted down from everything I posted to every post I liked because I was not in line with the acceptable narrative of the time. My words were consistently twisted to demonize & dehumanize me as an alt right wing extremist. It was a bullying smear campaign aimed at silencing, destroying & making an example out of me.

The thing is I never even used aggressive language. I shared thought provoking quotes, pictures, memes & occasionally I used my own words, not with aggression but with respect & the occasional comedy to keep the mood light in dark times.

Look with your own eyes at what I posted and ask yourself, for example, where did I compare Republicans to the Jewish people in the holocaust? I didn’t. Ask yourself why they were calling me a racist, was there any merit behind that or history of it whatsoever? No. Look at why I was called a transphobe--for making droid noises from Star Wars? “Beep, bop, boop” was obviously directed to the online bullies and did not in any way denigrate transgender people.

Were my questions about masks, lockdowns & forced vaccines ok to ask & push the subject into the light? Should we have been allowed to publicly discuss those topics at that time without being harassed or censored? Absolutely.

Hollywood says they support female representation & equal rights. Why then were my male co-stars permitted to speak without harassment & re-education courses or termination, but I was not afforded the same right to exercise my freedom of speech.

Artists do not sign away our rights as American citizens when we enter into employment. I have spoken to all my co-stars since I was fired & there is nothing but care and kind words between us. I respect their right to free speech & do not have to think the same on every issue to be their friends & work with them & I know they feel the same towards me.

A couple months ago
@ElonMusk
tweeted that if you had been fired from using the platform (X) for exercising your right to free speech, he would like to offer these people legal representation. Quite the noble offer, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought anyone would take on my case against Lucasfilm/Disney. Still, I did respond back “I think I qualify” & thousands of people agreed--but I did not expect anything.

To my surprise, a few months ago I received an email from a lawyer who had been hired by X to look into my story & many others. Turns out after sending them as much information as I could gather these past few months, my now lawyers & X believe whole-heartedly in my case & are moving forward.

I would like to express my deepest gratitude & thank you to
@ElonMusk
&
@X
for giving me an opportunity to bring my case to light.

As for me, I would love to pick up where I left off & continue my journey of creating & participating in story-telling, which is my utmost passion & everything I worked so hard for. It has been difficult to move forward with the lies & labels stuck on me, backed & encouraged by the most powerful entertainment company in the world. I am grateful someone has come to my defense in such a powerful way & look forward to clearing my name.

Thank you to all the people who have supported me & made your voices heard. I pray God blesses each & every one of you.

With love,

Gina Carano

For inquiries contact:
CaranoLawsuit@schaerrjaffe.com

too long

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it’s all coming together

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that gorilla looks very unhealthy

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
Weird how he’s giving money for lawsuits to defend far right bigots and racists

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

aejix posted:

Elon maersk

Musk, spelled it is.

Also I would like to join the Disney lawsuit.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon reeve musk (erm)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
only those pure of heart can join the disney lawsuit

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so i am asking you... how racist are you

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon doesn't see race

his vision is mostly in the IR part of the spectrum

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

what forums does she post.in

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Walt Disney, more like Woke Disney

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that gorilla looks very unhealthy

he's no turdfuzz

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/ruff_bluffs/status/1773743968653582615?t=TF3IcYTYXMSFyaZEEsuP5A&s=19

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
if you did that with Moby Dick the AI would give you back a page of incorrect whale facts

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
All books need are cliff notes with some pictures sprinkled in

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The tweet he is replying to is 1,517 words long.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon musk is so online he can only read tweets thats how powerful he is

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

swamp thong
Nov 6, 2023
Elon is going to win at the internet

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

elon invented the internet

try again

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Linda post your Easter pedi

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
“I love participating in storytelling” is the funniest loving sentence Gina wrote in her idiot schpiel. The perfect synthesis of legalese and dope.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Joementum posted:

if you did that with Moby Dick the AI would give you back a page of incorrect whale facts

why would you summarize moby dick when you can just watch star trek 2 the wrath of khan

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Walt Disney, more like Woke Disney

😂🤣💯🎯

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

blatman posted:

why would you summarize moby dick when you can just watch star trek 2 the wrath of khan

this is ftw thinking right here and this thread should take heed

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

i grapple with thee from woke's heart

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

did he try to start Dune?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Nenonen posted: