Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Spark That Bled posted:

Here's a game controller with a trackball in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug06dhahqg0

Dude's delivery is a little dry, but it's very interesting.

This was rad, cool to see his process - especially the revelation that it'd be great to access the trackball from the back after playing around with that clay model.
I'm jealous of how relatively good he is at aiming with a trackball; I've got a trackball mouse and I suck rear end whenever I've tried to play Quake or Doom with it (though perhaps my problem is picking notoriously fast games lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you think the paul brothers are smart?

One is most likely about to get his face put on backwards by Mike Tyson, so that'll be fun.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Dawgstar posted:

One is most likely about to get his face put on backwards by Mike Tyson, so that'll be fun.

if it’s anything like the Mayweather fight then they’ve probably got an ironclad contract making sure that everything goes as planned, Tyson will make a fuckton of money for his trouble, and nobody’s reputation or legacy or whatever will be affected in the slightest as everybody will accept that it’s a work and simply shrug

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
mike will open the match with a flurry of uppercuts that will knock jake paul out in one hit but if he can manage to dodge all of those the fight will get much simpler

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

mike will open the match with a flurry of uppercuts that will knock jake paul out in one hit but if he can manage to dodge all of those the fight will get much simpler

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
He better work on hitting those frame perfect follow ups if he wants to have any hope of scoring a round 1 TKO.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
What did the Paul brothers actually do to get famous in the first place? Because I only started hearing about them once they were scamming people and giggling about dead bodies

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

They were popular on Vine and transitioned their entire fanbase to Youtube once that platform went the way of the dinosaur. They aggressively merchandise and use the revenue off of 8-10 year olds to buy their way into notability mostly.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Fil5000 posted:

What did the Paul brothers actually do to get famous in the first place? Because I only started hearing about them once they were scamming people and giggling about dead bodies

they spent their entire childhoods online and made it big on vine and pivoted to other content jake paul was even on a disney channel show the suicide forest scandal is what made people that werent literal children aware of them

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fil5000 posted:

Jake Paul was a TV actor at one point doing Disney Channel shows.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its very funny he is crying about getting scammed after running scams to steal money from gullible children that want to be youtube stars

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its very funny he is crying about getting scammed after running scams to steal money from gullible children that want to be youtube stars

That and his NFT bullshit where he got so mad at being accused of scamming he loving doxxed coffeezilla

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The coolest part of Korra was the airbender vs airbender fight in season 3 IMO.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

logan paul is a future wwe champion

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

This is a long game from Logan Paul to get DarkSydePhil to spend money on him.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Endorph posted:

logan paul is a future wwe champion

yeah he's a surprisingly good wrestler

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izh0RLarM-Q

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Nuns with Guns posted:

I user to browse the Superdickery forums years and years ago, so my most distinct memory of Linkara was him in his “Still advertising and proud of The Lightbringer comic” phase interacting with Anne Onymous, creator of The Wotch.

i can't loving believe there's randomly someone else posting in this thread who was aware of Superdickery-forums and Linkara posting there. that's a deep cut

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Superdickery was halfway to being an SA offsite, so it's not that big of a surprise.

Incidentally, hi, I was also on Superdickery. I only barely knew who Linkara was at the time, if at all.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

i remember there being a couple of people who posted about SA-stuff, but didn't expect randomly running into others who posted or read the Superdickery forums

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

John Murdoch posted:

Superdickery was halfway to being an SA offsite, so it's not that big of a surprise.

Incidentally, hi, I was also on Superdickery. I only barely knew who Linkara was at the time, if at all.

Hi, was also on Superdickery and also barely knew who Linkara was

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
So Quinton has gone back into the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BHYesHYiqM

Cant wait for his remake of the Icarly review

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a weird one: there's a tiny channel called Space Feather which posted a couple dozen videos between 2017 and 2020 which barely got a couple thousand views, then he posted a 40 minute video about how everyone missed the joke with Max Headroom (including the people who made the Max Headroom TV drama series) which blew up and got 1.7 million views, then he posted a handful of videos about the TV show Firefly which got next to no views and he stopped uploading altogether in 2022.

But then a few months ago he suddenly started uploading a new video every week, and this time he's no longer a video essayist but he's turned himself into a Max Headroom clone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i9dmHN0noI

He'd ended his hit 2020 viral video with a plea for someone to bring Max Headroom back because there was a dire need for his brand of dark satire again so I guess he decided to just do it himself? So far he's uploaded 10 of these videos and it's obvious that he's putting a lot of work into them but they're only getting around 500 views each and the joke gets really thin really quick, I watched one of them but couldn't sit through a second one. If you're a huge Max Headroom fan there might be something here for you but I don't know if there's anything there for people who don't have a lot of nostalgia for the character. Also for all the effort he puts into these videos he put absolutely zero effort into his costume (which was a pretty significant aspect of the Max Headroom character) so that was annoying and disappointing.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a weird one: there's a tiny channel called Space Feather which posted a couple dozen videos between 2017 and 2020 which barely got a couple thousand views, then he posted a 40 minute video about how everyone missed the joke with Max Headroom (including the people who made the Max Headroom TV drama series) which blew up and got 1.7 million views, then he posted a handful of videos about the TV show Firefly which got next to no views and he stopped uploading altogether in 2022.

But then a few months ago he suddenly started uploading a new video every week, and this time he's no longer a video essayist but he's turned himself into a Max Headroom clone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i9dmHN0noI

He'd ended his hit 2020 viral video with a plea for someone to bring Max Headroom back because there was a dire need for his brand of dark satire again so I guess he decided to just do it himself? So far he's uploaded 10 of these videos and it's obvious that he's putting a lot of work into them but they're only getting around 500 views each and the joke gets really thin really quick, I watched one of them but couldn't sit through a second one. If you're a huge Max Headroom fan there might be something here for you but I don't know if there's anything there for people who don't have a lot of nostalgia for the character. Also for all the effort he puts into these videos he put absolutely zero effort into his costume (which was a pretty significant aspect of the Max Headroom character) so that was annoying and disappointing.

I'm guessing the problem is this guy writes his jokes alone, while Max Headroom presumably had more than one person writing jokes. Also, this guy may not be a professional jokester.

Reminds me of the GameGrumps eventually doing some education to become slightly more professional comedians, which really helped them out with their comedic timing and poo poo.

If this guy wants Max Headroom to come back he should do some of the necessary legwork, like finding other people to help out, like people who can write, and are funny.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The trans episode of Fairly Oddparents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX5Ty7YtRLo

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

DeafNote posted:

So that explains the last seconds of his other vid! From what I understand he just wanted to make something big but yet more lighthearted after all of that and this is just a one off shot goof.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

John Murdoch posted:

Jesus, I haven't thought about the superdickery forums in years.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

what a microcosm of the youtube algorithm. the algo must have just wanted him to only do max headroom essays forever, he didn't and then the algo said "ok you have no worth"

someone get a job in the youtube programmer department and sabotage this black box poo poo

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

DeafNote posted:

i thought it was a joke that you people watch this guys videos

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dongicus posted:

lmao

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

SpiritOfLenin posted:

i can't loving believe there's randomly someone else posting in this thread who was aware of Superdickery-forums and Linkara posting there. that's a deep cut

Haha it's not even the first time I've had coincidental encounters like that. Though I guess anyone in the [forum browsing] age bracket gets filtered through this website eventually.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Dongicus posted:

"Watch" is a strong term here
(Then again I already watched the original version anyway)

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

DeafNote posted:

"Watch" is a strong term here

try music or nature sounds sometime

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

we all have it on in the backgroudn when we sleep

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
sometimes when my wife is sleeping she turns on white noise. hope that helps

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

speaking of nature, i'm not sure if vagrant holiday's been posted before but with a million views on this first one it's likely. in any case these are the kinds of videos i like to have up while doing something else. very satisfying to watch someone flagrantly disrespect the law again and again and again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xnI1hZdltw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eFgRxfTZPI

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Radia posted:

sometimes when my wife is sleeping she turns on white noise. hope that helps
if my wife turned on quinton reviews id divorce her

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Endorph posted:

if my wife turned on quinton reviews id divorce her

i would strongly consider it yes

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hey dongicus what stuff do you watch that you could recommend in here. genuine things you watch, not fakeposting about darksydephil or nostalgia critic, I'm not sure I've ever seen you post anything you actually enjoy here. pony up some genuine dongicus youtube favs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i was joking before, i have drawfee on when i sleep bc they hvae a bunch of past twitch streams archived on youtube