Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Fair enough. Some of ‘em I can turn my brain off for. Forcing someone to grab you as you cartwheel past them ain’t there for me. Although, tbf I’d probably buy in more if a 5’3” Mexican man in a mask was doing it.

I think having irrational lines of stuff that bothers you is a key part of being a wrestling fan. Love the Canadian Destroyer, hate the C4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if they promised her a "Wrestlemania" spot when she signed.

Ah yes. The KISS Demon Main Event clause.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hoss Corncave posted:

Ah yes. The KISS Demon Main Event clause.

special main event

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shard posted:

there are two loving papes to fill - how is there not enough time?

Also do people have to buy each pape separately to get the event? Or does one price get you both shows?

There's also the two hour WrestleMania SmackDown Kickoff with Jerry Lawler and CM Punk to fill

So smackdown is 4 hours, stand and deliver is 3, Manias lets say 4 each with kickoff, raw after mania 3 thats a 20 hour weekend for fedheads

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Majinfoose posted:

It's all on Peacock right?

I forgot about peacock right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

as we know the wwe is all about record breaking these days, so that's why asuka gets to be in this do-nothing six man tag designed to get jade over

that way she'll be one step closer to being 0-8 at mania, beating goldust's 0-7 record

Yeah, either Jade starts her WWE run in general 0-2, or Asuka ties Goldust's all-time Mania record of 0-7

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

special main event

A Special Main Event against The Wall that was fourth on the card after the following classics:

Lash LeRoux vs The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Iaukea for the vacant Cruiserweight title
Brian Knobbs vs Bam Bam Bigelow for the Hardcore title
3 Count vs Norman Smiley in a handicap match

It also had the shortest match time (3:12) in an event with eleven matches with only two of those matches being longer than ten minutes. The people who think the wrestling is the least important part of wrestling would probably love this show.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Quantum of Phallus posted:

slaves 2 da pussy 😔

bobby eaton

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

projecthalaxy posted:

There's also the two hour WrestleMania SmackDown Kickoff with Jerry Lawler and CM Punk to fill

So smackdown is 4 hours, stand and deliver is 3, Manias lets say 4 each with kickoff, raw after mania 3 thats a 20 hour weekend for fedheads

Good thing Wrestlemania is the last PPV before the off-season so the wrestlers can rest up from this awful inhuman schedule!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cody signed a new deal. its so over folks

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

"Alright he signed the new contract. Now to break it to him that he's not winning this year either"
-Dwayne Johnson

:yeshaha:

I need this, Dwayne, you coward :mad:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah, for cody :unsmigghh:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Hey, at least he didn't personally negotiate this contract with Vince McMahon this time :)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder how big their production team is because that's a loving beast of a 72 hour stretch.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DeepDickPizza posted:

Fair enough. Some of ‘em I can turn my brain off for. Forcing someone to grab you as you cartwheel past them ain’t there for me. Although, tbf I’d probably buy in more if a 5’3” Mexican man in a mask was doing it.

There are definitely moves like that for me where I can’t suspend my disbelief, like the Silly String Private Party does or that rebound spin kick Fenix does. They both just take so long to execute that I can’t really buy into them.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Majinfoose posted:

Hey, at least he didn't personally negotiate this contract with Vince McMahon this time :)

he probably invited vince to his house for old time sake

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cody saw all the accusations and thought to himself this is the company I want to work for,

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Good

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/cbjilesss/status/1774161288337244475?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tony putting Andrade over so much on his way out was absolutely baffling.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Tony putting Andrade over so much on his way out was absolutely baffling.

And then all that going to Miro is just lmao.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Don't free Andrade, imho. He knew exactly what he was going to get. He better put on his best fake smile and start just being happy to be here with not a loving peep signaling dissatisfaction about how he's being used.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1451748167108763650?s=20

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he probably invited vince to his house for old time sake

Probably came over and had bad non-Tito's American vodka

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Grendels Dad posted:

Don't free Andrade, imho. He knew exactly what he was going to get. He better put on his best fake smile and start just being happy to be here with not a loving peep signaling dissatisfaction about how he's being used.

Oh, so like CM Punk, gotcha

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd be fine with Andrade going back to lucha

Because :rubby: let's be honest, that's where he'd be going. He hates it here, he hates it in AEW, he'd hate it in TNA, and MLW or GCW or DPW wouldn't pay him what he'd want. It's either lucha or New Japan going forward, and everyone knows it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Edit: awful app this is the wrong thread lmao

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 31, 2024

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Roman is being sidelined because Roman only gets to be The Rock when the real Rock isn't here.
Bad place for your forever champ to be. I fully expect him to retain again.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

ChrisBTY posted:

Roman is being sidelined because Roman only gets to be The Rock when the real Rock isn't here.

I hope so bc Cody fans will cry. And the deserve it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/1brq2cu/becky_lynch_very_emotional_interview_about_the/ dont know how to embed this or even directly link to the video but its Becky talking about Rheas twerking into stinkface and how sad it makes her

i read Becky's bio last week and one of the things she talks a lot about is wanting to change the perception of women's wrestling. So i can only imagine how bummed she is that when the company is probably only looking for viral stuff its back to rear end shaking and stinkfaces.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ChrisBTY posted:

roman will win and he'll give cody the one thing his dad could never achieve: a spot in the bloodline

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

is there any funnier result for cm punks return than him having to hang out with king for 2 hours

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Seriously

I am all for talent trying to get whatever deal they can get, make that money, but this dude seems to be impossible to please

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

The biggest sin is having 3 of the best joshi in the world and shoving them in a faction together so they never get to wrestle each other

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Vince is gone but don’t worry, we got this extra hour of smackdown hosted by a well known child rapist. gently caress this gross rear end company.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Almost like it's rotten down to the studs.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

TheKingslayer posted:

Almost like it's rotten down to the studs.

Yeah it's awful but....

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Remember how Lawler assassinated his accuser's character by saying she hung out with black people?

Then Vince was like, "Well we gotta bring this guy back!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Davros1 posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if they promised her a "Wrestlemania" spot when she signed.

kiss demon-rear end push

e a million years late on this post. didnt expect the next page to be so long, if we're being honest. can we all pretend im quick and witty and not a dunce? thanks

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 31, 2024