Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The 7th Guest posted:

i was joking before, i have drawfee on when i sleep bc they hvae a bunch of past twitch streams archived on youtube
quinton is apparently so devoid of value that people treat him as background noise and nothing more, but doing the same to drawfee is insulting, they're good and entertaining, actually worth watching. you should be ashamed!

I honestly can't fathom using people having conversations as a standin for a sound machine. rainfall, white noise, or whatever other options on a noise machine are fine, but people talking is a no go for trying to get to sleep to for me.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I have a group of 3-4 streamers who make long video game streams and are having great fun while doing so. Just in general a lot of laughter and maniacal cackling. A lot of the time I select one of their streams before I go to bed, as all this laughing and general merriment is oddly soothing.

It seems I sleep better when people are happy.

Edit:

the one time I actually used Quinton to sleep it turned out something in his voice just kept irritating me awake again, his videos are useless even as sleeping aid

Libluini fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 30, 2024

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Captain Invictus posted:

quinton is apparently so devoid of value that people treat him as background noise and nothing more, but doing the same to drawfee is insulting, they're good and entertaining, actually worth watching. you should be ashamed!

I honestly can't fathom using people having conversations as a standin for a sound machine. rainfall, white noise, or whatever other options on a noise machine are fine, but people talking is a no go for trying to get to sleep to for me.

People talking when I've heard it before works for me. I can't listen to anything new but I can go to sleep to a playlist of Mandalore or Grimbeard's videos or anyone else that has a pretty low key delivery. Like, if I already know the rhythm of it, it's like my brain can just tune into it and shut everything else off.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

*to no one in particular* No need for a white noise machine when we've got your posts!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just queue up my martial arts fight playlist and turn the volume down to about seven or so. Nothing like listening to a chair shatter on someone's back and think 'Oh that's definitely a Jackie Chan one' as you lose consciousness.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
quinton killed my grandparents and ruined my life

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

cumpantry posted:

try music or nature sounds sometime

I listen to game and movie soundtracks, so I am a lost cause already to most.

That said I agree Quinton should not be in the same rank as Drawfee

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

limmy, swampletics, rlm, royal arms museum guy, grimbeard, like 6000 random cooking channels, shaun, mandalore, civvie, clay sculpture aussie guy, 10 hours wind and rain video, zullie witch, 3arrows, jerma, warlockracy (hes lurking these forums lol), men drinking coffee, dario casali, atrocity guide, sphere hunter, alex moukala are good

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Solitair posted:

quinton killed my grandparents and ruined my life

He couldn't find my grandparents thanks to this post's sponsor, nordvpn

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

like some sarah z(?) videos too cus i was never on tumblr and never knew any funny drama. AIDS hamilton ftw lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dongicus posted:

limmy, swampletics, rlm, royal arms museum guy, grimbeard, like 6000 random cooking channels, shaun, mandalore, civvie, clay sculpture aussie guy, 10 hours wind and rain video, zullie witch, 3arrows, jerma, warlockracy (hes lurking these forums lol), men drinking coffee, dario casali, atrocity guide, sphere hunter, alex moukala are good
hrmrmrm, I follow over half of these too. alright, you pass the surprise test

man alex moukala is great. I think the first video of his I saw was him like...turning mario 64 music into Doom 2016 music I believe?

oh wait no it was Mario into Bloodborne, that's right. classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlnr3eSFmb0&hd=1

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

At the moment it's Northernlion playing Balatro. No matter how awake I am, 5-10 minutes in I am gone.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think the reason I don’t like Quinton is he makes long videos about shows that I’ve always hated and creeped me out and still creep me out to this day so I don’t get it.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
My first exposure to Quinton was his first Victorious video being shoved into my home feed and I always just asked myself "why is this hairy fat guy making an 8 hour video about a sitcom aimed at 12 year old girls."

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Look at dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Tzib8kOVo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
it's amazing how cloudlike he looks afterwards.

there's a new Clint's Reptiles and I absolutely adore the first 30 seconds of it. the rest of it is good too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbZu-47YTtw&hd=1

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it is I, the lightbringer

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

more like chudbringer

Veotax
May 16, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTSHpI1RAlc

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

show me the champion of light

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Fil5000 posted:

People talking when I've heard it before works for me. I can't listen to anything new but I can go to sleep to a playlist of Mandalore or Grimbeard's videos or anyone else that has a pretty low key delivery. Like, if I already know the rhythm of it, it's like my brain can just tune into it and shut everything else off.

For me it's this, and also for some reason it doesn't work with music or white noise like it does with talking.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpFG_VSJY84

decent video about two goofy bottom tier characters in tekken 3. really fun editing/visuals.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52tQJB05hMQ

Thunder Psyker reviews Blood Omen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcvSybls324
Emma Thorne watches a couple of AI Bible videos. Just real bottom of the barrel stuff where they couldn't even be bothered to redo pics when the AI messes up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad games don't just fade away anymore I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dBtwH5S2AI

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Endorph posted:

decent video about two goofy bottom tier characters in tekken 3. really fun editing/visuals.
i learnt a new slur.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Dongicus posted:

like some sarah z(?) videos too cus i was never on tumblr and never knew any funny drama. AIDS hamilton ftw lol

Big same, and add on Izzzy and wild makeup / fan fiction to that list.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

i learnt a new slur.
b*ttom tier

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I'm the exact opposite. I need near complete darkness and absolute silence to be able to sleep.
I have custom earplugs and often a mask on when trying to fall asleep. :v:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
iirc there's studies suggesting needing sound to fall asleep is indicative of long term sleep deprivation

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I remember a couple video creators who said that their videos (ones that are 2+ hours and longer) are produced/edited with the intent that you have it up on a second monitor to just listen to or glance over at whenever necessary.

Hell, before YouTube was a thing, I'd have the TV on in the background while working on something on the computer, and I'm sure other people did that as well.

Endorph posted:

I don't know if it was mentioned (I skipped through the video to see if I could find, and had no luck), but Gon's inclusion is why Tekken 3 never got a proper digital re-release on PSN. I guess it's a licensing issue. The only time I think it did get a re-release was with the Playstation Classic.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Radia posted:

iirc there's studies suggesting needing sound to fall asleep is indicative of long term sleep deprivation
that's not a surprise but it helps as a creative person to have something on because silence makes me think too much and get into spirals

currently my long term sleep deprivation is not because of sound but because the cat keeps coming in and out of the room all night, either to yell in my face that she wants to cuddle at my side (cute) or wants me to throw a toy mouse for her to chase (not as cute and i have to get up)

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

b*ttom tier

b0tt0m ti3r

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Alone in the Dark is a series with some wild different incarnations

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Captain Invictus posted:

Ok, but Northernlion is also good and people use him as a sleep aid. It's just a thing some people do.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
just imagine falling asleep to the dulcet sounds of Quinton monologuing flatly about iCarly for hours lol.

imagine being imprisoned at guantanamo bay and they’re just piping 24/7 nonstop Quinton into your cell

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Radia posted:

lmfao youre right! looking into it theres like, no good evidence that it works and lots of evidence that forcing your brain to process noise all night really messes with it. makes sense

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Some of you would drastically increase your happiness and general well being if you committed to having better sleep hygiene.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Gaius Marius posted:

Some of you would drastically increase your happiness and general well being if you committed to having better sleep hygiene.

Ngl using a sleep mask and a weighted blanket and metatonin has greatly helped making sleep better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingKalamari
Aug 24, 2007

Fuzzy dice, bongos in the back
My ship of love is ready to attack

fun hater posted:

lmfao youre right! looking into it theres like, no good evidence that it works and lots of evidence that forcing your brain to process noise all night really messes with it. makes sense

I think if someone's listening to actual white noise, or calm instrumentals or ambient dronescape or something I could see that being helpful (I have a fan perpetually going in my bedroom both for temperature regulation and because the white noise helps drown out any ambient distractions when I try to sleep), but I can't fathom how listening to conversations would be helpful. Drawfee in particular sounds like a terrible idea for something to fall asleep to as they can get pretty rowdy on there...