Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

the major orders don't really matter either way. if this current campaign fails the message is probably going to be "oh no, the robots have gunships because we couldn't take their factories" if the players lose or "we found out that the robot gunships were being made on another planet" if they win. the outcome is ultimately going to be the same and nothing will change because the devs aren't going to not add the new featuers and game modes that they're working on

people have data mined all of the dialogue for the current story critical major orders and iirc a decent number of them don't even have failure options.

When I learned that Arrowhead has a guy who's sole job is to tip the scales whenever he pleases I immediately stopped caring about throwing myself at the major orders nonstop, especially when I see that operation I finished contributes literally 0.00001% to the war effort. I just login, shoot the enemies of liberty, and sometimes get 50 free medals.

Horace Kinch fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 31, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I do wonder if they have plans for more free (not necessarily as long) warbonds, or additions to the current ones, or if they'll just leave stratagems and enemy updates free and always charge for weapons and armor.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Mordja posted:

I do wonder if they have plans for more free (not necessarily as long) warbonds, or additions to the current ones, or if they'll just leave stratagems and enemy updates free and always charge for weapons and armor.

I'd guess the latter

treepunk as hell
Dec 29, 2008

For the goon who was blowing themselves up with the Quasar Cannon, don't use it with the Shield Generator Pack. For some reason whenever i take both I also end up having a chance to blow myself up. No i don't know why. Probably the shield packs bigass hitbox. As soon as i drop the pack that stops.

If you haven't been using the shield pack then who knows, sounds like a new and exciting bug

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I believe you but that's very weird. At this point I've probably spent hours using both together and never blown myself up. Does it only happen if you're prone or something?

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
I love how divided the community is over having to choose between a handful of fronts across a few planets at a time in a game about spreading "managed democracy".

It's so on brand, it's so good.

treepunk as hell
Dec 29, 2008

Sindai posted:

I believe you but that's very weird. At this point I've probably spent hours using both together and never blown myself up. Does it only happen if you're prone or something?

Typically, standing or crouched. Usually it was aiming upward toward Dropships but once or twice it happened aiming at a distant Hulk that shouldnt have seen me. Usually the second shot fired in short sequence (ie holding the fire button down during the cooldown period to immediately spin back up. Doing the same thing without the shield pack doesnt seem to cause this though)
I don't know if ive ever used the Quacker prone. Seems inopportune.
Only thing i can think of is that its catching on it if the end of the gun sticks outside the hitbox?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Piell posted:

Honestly just skip Steel Veterans nothing in it is very good

I was starting to come around on the fire shotgun vs bugs "But not robots, as cool as it is the fire DoT can kill small troopers"... But then I saw a post the other day showing off "Yeah it seems fire DoT does NOTHING if you are not the host" with examples of robot soldiers surviving the fire shotgun burn :sigh:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Helldivers/comments/1bqykqb/burning_damage_deals_zero_damage_when_you_are_not/

Player fire DoT is already weak enough as it is against anything but players.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I think that level 7s are often easier/less toxic than 5s/6s because the players are usually better.

You still hit level 7 games with Cadets who are doing nothing, but percentage wise that happens much more often in 5s/6s.

I need to try 3s and 4s. Sometimes after all 7s I want a nice chill map where I can stomp some bugs. Dont need a level 5 where I’m constantly getting team killed by newbs.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I rather take someone that’s doing nothing (and not dying) than the alternative

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Please stop picking up dead peoples’ poo poo. If you pick up my auto cannon backpack and then don’t even bother to pick up the auto cannon, I am just gonna TK you to get my kit back and I will feel no remorse.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

AlternateAccount posted:

Please stop picking up dead peoples’ poo poo. If you pick up my auto cannon backpack and then don’t even bother to pick up the auto cannon, I am just gonna TK you to get my kit back and I will feel no remorse.

Counter-point: pick up all the poo poo, all the time.

Bring no support weapons, just follow someone that does or that has eats, when they get splat, keep the conga line moving. Hell, I'd pick up your unthrown grenades if I could.

Never not pick up equipment if it can get you out of a pickle ( and if a dude asks you to drop their equip if theirs is on cooldown then maybe kindly oblige :goleft: )

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
I had to watch Starship Troopers again because of this game and some of the sound ques are straight from the movie? Like the female voice for "I'm out" of ammo, and the male voice for "follow me". Love it but it makes want to fight the bugs, not the automatons.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

AlternateAccount posted:

Sorry citizen. If you died and I can use your poo poo better than what I have on me, I'm taking it especially if you dropped back in far away. If I'm reviving you, sure I'll leave it as a courtesy but otherwise? If it's better I'll grab it and try and switch back but if not, well don't die.

And I'll try and drop it again when you're there and my stuff isn't on cooldown.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Grimnarsson posted:

I had to watch Starship Troopers again because of this game and some of the sound ques are straight from the movie? Like the female voice for "I'm out" of ammo, and the male voice for "follow me". Love it but it makes want to fight the bugs, not the automatons.

https://x.com/caspervandien/status/1760740066736132476?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

https://x.com/caspervandien/status/1763257566249853267?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

If they can get van Dien to record some poo poo I have no idea how you don't use it. Give him a voice over as a retired Helldiver doing one of their mandatory pro-mos for those who survive or something broadcast over the background TV

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

If someone kills me intentionally and takes my poo poo then yeah it's on (just had a post about that!). But counterpoint I think it's worth giving people a lot of wiggle room with that if poo poo's going down. Just had a game where we were getting absolutely swarmed and someone grabbed my Qasar after I died and were using it to kill chargers that were running rampant. I saw someone's flamethrower on the ground so I grabbed it and roasted some chargers of my own.

After things calmed down I dropped the flamethrower and tagged it so the the owner could get it and the dude dropped my Qasar. We finished just fine and if we had gotten all territorial it would've just been a ruined run.

IMO if I die and you can kill something important with my stuff then go for it. Just give it back when possible.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ravenfood posted:

If they can get van Dien to record some poo poo I have no idea how you don't use it. Give him a voice over as a retired Helldiver doing one of their mandatory pro-mos for those who survive or something broadcast over the background TV

I would insta-buy a Roughnecks warbond I wouldn’t even see what’s in it first. It’s free money.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Ravenfood posted:

:bisonyes: Throw him in to make live action propaganda promos

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008

Risky Bisquick posted:

This, but make it against bots or the aliens.

I know, I know he's most known for anti bug propaganda but the one they have already for their opening is already so good on its own that a second one wouldnt be able to match it, but I've been thinking: if they had some sort of terminator-esque video against the bot armada, it might lure more action against the front.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Amazing Member posted:

Counter-point: pick up all the poo poo, all the time.

Bring no support weapons, just follow someone that does or that has eats, when they get splat, keep the conga line moving. Hell, I'd pick up your unthrown grenades if I could.

Never not pick up equipment if it can get you out of a pickle ( and if a dude asks you to drop their equip if theirs is on cooldown then maybe kindly oblige :goleft: )

The dude picked up my AC backpack but… not the AC. So he was a moron.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

AlternateAccount posted:

he was trying to help you you monster

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Risky Bisquick posted:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

AlternateAccount posted:

I do this if the weapon looks abandoned and my own support weapon doesn't require a backpack. Sometimes it's useful

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Benagain posted:

Lol the one player ever who was enthusiastic about trying to team reload never will make that mistake again.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

treepunk as hell posted:

For the goon who was blowing themselves up with the Quasar Cannon, don't use it with the Shield Generator Pack. For some reason whenever i take both I also end up having a chance to blow myself up. No i don't know why. Probably the shield packs bigass hitbox. As soon as i drop the pack that stops.

If you haven't been using the shield pack then who knows, sounds like a new and exciting bug

i was using the shield pack so i'll try not doing so

glad to have it happen to anybody else so i can stop thinking i'm crazy

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Benagain posted:

It was a KILL 400 BUGS IN A CONFINED SPACE mission so it’s not like I wasn’t gonna find it.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
he was going to do the buddy reload and let you deal death faster

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don’t take my poo poo. I always go back for it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

if you don't want people to pick your stuff up then just don't die

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You take my poo poo I’ll throw your rear end to a pack of bile shitters

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I would just spend $10 rather than spend a few hours doing nothing to get an equivalent amount of in game currency. I’m level 46 and between finding stuff just playing and using medals to buy them I have found about 2600 SCs

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am down for murdering people taking your stuff, as long as you aren't wasting Government ammo, and pistol beating them to death.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Any helldiver who failed to prepare their own support weapon or backpack and instead steals from their fallen comrades is a fool and a coward

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I will say one good thing for any laser beam weapon against the bots: the jump pack guys explode if you do even 1 point of damage to the pack, so sweeping any kind of beam across them instantly pops them all in an extremely satisfying way.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How do I shot robit?

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

How do I shot robit?

Pll trgr

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Arglebargle III posted:

How do I shot robit?

Preferably in the face, with something of a large caliber.

Ouroboros
Apr 23, 2011
Just had a peek at the 'community' and lol lmao. People equal parts confused and angry about why more people aren't playing on the map with 2 separate low visibility modifiers and one less stratagem slot against the far less popular enemy faction. People honestly thinking that not completing the major order will mean the devs will 'punish the playerbase' by delaying content drops. And that's just the reddit, took one quick peek in the official discord and they appear to be coordinating a plan to join bug lobbies in order to teamkill people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

I finally unlocked the scorcher and then killed myself with it 5 times in a difficulty 4 bot mission