Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Any mods people like for co-op games?

Dunno if it's just downtime between play sessions that's getting my brain going "I should seek out more mods" but I just got a few basics to start - Automate, Look Up Anything and UI Info Suite and don't know if I -need- more, but tempted to seek out more QoL stuff.

A friend wanted a fishing overhaul (Teh's) but it seems not to be updated for 1.6 yet. Most other fishing mods mostly "make it easier" which my friend is less interested in. (Though there are some things I'm tempted to grab them for cause I remember some of the completionism thingys with fishing getting a bit annoying)

Sort of tempted to get something for time management, but it feels like such a fickle thing for "balance." Though, there's definitely some jank with co-op like time running during cutscenes so half the day was gone by the time I finished visiting the wizard, and, some way to force a pause if someone needs to step away might be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Fucks sake I think ny pigs are glitching or I hosed up. I have three max heart pigs on the meadowfarm. I am getting days of 0 truffles found. And most days I get, if lucky, between 2-3.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ugh, I am a boring person: Still want to play on the standard farm

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Forest farm the GOAT

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I think I may have run into a glitch - I turned in an ancient seed at the Museum but didn't get the ancient seed recipe.

Did this happen to anyone else? Am I just forgetting where it's located?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

GreenMetalSun posted:

I think I may have run into a glitch - I turned in an ancient seed at the Museum but didn't get the ancient seed recipe.

Did this happen to anyone else? Am I just forgetting where it's located?

Check Collect Rewards if you haven't. I forget if it's there or pushed into your inventory (which has more scope for weird reactions.)

Check if you have the recipe for Ancient Fruit Seeds, if you do then at least you aren't mega-screwed.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bunnyofdoom posted:

Fucks sake I think ny pigs are glitching or I hosed up. I have three max heart pigs on the meadowfarm. I am getting days of 0 truffles found. And most days I get, if lucky, between 2-3.

Truffles seem to be highly variable. You can pen your barn in tightly to ensure you're not missing any but even then there would be days I'd get 0-2 truffles from my duo of pigs. I ended up selling them off to fit a couple more goats, slightly less max profit but way less hassle. And with golden animal crackers making them give double milk it's even less of a deficit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Oxyclean posted:

Sort of tempted to get something for time management, but it feels like such a fickle thing for "balance." Though, there's definitely some jank with co-op like time running during cutscenes so half the day was gone by the time I finished visiting the wizard, and, some way to force a pause if someone needs to step away might be nice.

I should make a little write-up of my mods but to get you started, here's WAIT, which helps with the flow of time in co-op.

https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/20661

Settings:

When it comes to balance, just don't actively try to use it to cheat. Otherwise, who cares if it's 2:30 for a little bit of extra time while someone is fiddling with a menu. Though, ideally, better with two people. With a lot of people, I'd only have it pause during cutscenes.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 30, 2024

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Oxyclean posted:

Any mods people like for co-op games?

Dunno if it's just downtime between play sessions that's getting my brain going "I should seek out more mods" but I just got a few basics to start - Automate, Look Up Anything and UI Info Suite and don't know if I -need- more, but tempted to seek out more QoL stuff.

A friend wanted a fishing overhaul (Teh's) but it seems not to be updated for 1.6 yet. Most other fishing mods mostly "make it easier" which my friend is less interested in. (Though there are some things I'm tempted to grab them for cause I remember some of the completionism thingys with fishing getting a bit annoying)

Here's my wife and I's list fwiw. Apparently there's a fan made fix for 1.6 for the Teh's mod in it's Nexusmods comments, might be worth checking out?

Mederlock posted:

Here's my list so far, if anyone has any recommendations that fall in line with this style of mod pack please do share!
[click post link for the list]

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren: The snake vertebrae can now drop from the mussel nodes on the beach!

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is it me or did the experience required for level 10 go up? Like it is taking forever for me.

Not that I’m aware of: the experience required to go from level 9 to 10 is 200 points more than what you need to get to seven so there’s some good retry dramatic jumps in what’s needed though

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ready for the new year :toot:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
that farmhouse looks cozy af, but can you not move the Spouse Spot? that seems like an oversight

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
banished to the emily zone

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Unlucky7 posted:

Ugh, I am a boring person: Still want to play on the standard farm

There is no wrong farm to play.

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

that farmhouse looks cozy af, but can you not move the Spouse Spot? that seems like an oversight

I wish you could move the cave location. Today I suddenly remembered I got it unlocked prob over an in-game week ago and deadass forgot because of where it's located on the meadow farm, down in an area I haven't even touched in summer year 1 yet :mad:

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

flesh dance posted:

I wish you could move the cave location. Today I suddenly remembered I got it unlocked prob over an in-game week ago and deadass forgot because of where it's located on the meadow farm, down in an area I haven't even touched in summer year 1 yet :mad:

You mean you haven't gone around and cut down every piece of green grass on your property? Smh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

HopperUK posted:

There is no wrong farm to play.

the combat farm exists

edit: pufferfish can eat my rear end

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 31, 2024

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
Just dial one up via Marnie. I think you’ve earned it.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Leal posted:

Ready for the new year :toot:

Looks great! I'm just surprised you have any green grass left, I've eradicated it on my farm and now I have as much grass as you, but all blue. Which not only gives more hearts when animals eat them, it also has a higher chance to yield hay.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Torrannor posted:

Looks great! I'm just surprised you have any green grass left, I've eradicated it on my farm and now I have as much grass as you, but all blue. Which not only gives more hearts when animals eat them, it also has a higher chance to yield hay.

I'm playing co-op with my wife and she's playing for the first time. She picked the beach farm, which is fine, but man oh man, I wanted meadowlands. I have that in my new single player restart, but I wanted it there, too. Ah well.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Is there a way to upgrade the refrigerators that you can craft like you can go from chest to large chest? I like to have them sorted by season, plus a forage and livestock one and especially as I am starting to get iridium quality crops, different size and quality eggs, they are just filling up. I guess I could just use large chests for them instead of refrigerators but ~*~MY IMMERSION~*~

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm playing co-op with my wife and she's playing for the first time. She picked the beach farm, which is fine, but man oh man, I wanted meadowlands. I have that in my new single player restart, but I wanted it there, too. Ah well.

There are blue grass starting packs, but according to the wiki they're hidden behind some Qi shenanigans, which is a shame.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Torrannor posted:

There are blue grass starting packs, but according to the wiki they're hidden behind some Qi shenanigans, which is a shame.

Or the console :ssh:

(if you're playing on PC of course)

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Man I'm having Stardew withdrawal. We're at the in-laws for Easter, my Switch is in for repairs because its battery was swelling, and I don't have the mods updated on my Deck. Game can't even launch cuz SMAPI isn't current. I hate it.

Happy Egg Festival everyone.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
I’ve never been able to do the community center in year 1. Money is the bottleneck for me (aside from, you know, red cabbage). All those barn and coop upgrades!

So I’m gonna follow a guide! A no mods, no bugs one, because I’m on switch. A day by day one, to get all the monies as fast as possible! … But I had a rainy day which I’m supposed to spend fishing for catfish, so I got behind. And now I’m on spring 15 and uh sorry guide, I am not on track to unlock mine carts at the end of the day today (lol) and I don’t have the golden pickaxe yet. Whelp!

Honestly, it only takes two largemouth bass to equal the price of a catfish, and largemouth bass are easier to catch, and therefore easier to get higher quality on…

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

A golden pickaxe and minecarts unlocked by day 15? Just :lol::lol:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

I was looking up some info about the smokers and dehydrators you get early for starting on the river farm or picking mushrooms for your cave. I saw someone go on about how caskets were their early game thing because if you know what you're doing you can unlock them in the first week of spring.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I think those guides require you to restart days until you get everything just right and restart games entirely if you get unlucky days on the first few days the mine is open.

Which, sure I understand that there are people willing to do this, but it's so far off how I play video games I just shake my head and go back to finding the perfect flower for Haley.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Leal posted:

I was looking up some info about the smokers and dehydrators you get early for starting on the river farm or picking mushrooms for your cave. I saw someone go on about how caskets were their early game thing because if you know what you're doing you can unlock them in the first week of spring.

wut

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

My favorite map is the monster-having map. IDK, I just like it. Especially at higher levels where I can just obliterate the low-level monsters while going around my usual nightly errands.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
It bothers me more than it should that the dehydrator requires just over one day to complete its thing, so I can’t check at the same time each day. But checking every other day dramatically slashes how frequently I get dried fruit out of it. Darn it, ConcernedApe, make the duration 1590 minutes, not 1750!

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

Eric the Mauve posted:

Seriously! It was kind of funny to read and realize that, because the days are literally step by step, and then suddenly you need to have foraged enough and saved enough minerals for this bundle, that bundle.

It rained on day 5, which is a crucial day because you're supposed to mine enough to smelt 5 copper bars and make it to clint's before he closes to upgrade the pickaxe. It says it's okay if you don't make it, and it even challenges you to not reset days and go with the flow, but the more you have to push back stuff the further 'off' you get from their itinerary. I mean, my whole point is the community center, so I was only ever going to follow it to a certain degree, but it was still a bit of a shock, like, "wait, I'm supposed to have the farm cave by now?"

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
I did a min/max game that was fun in terms of the results (selling iridium bars for profit before end of Spring 1, to start an insane Starfruit crop on start of Summer 1), but required so much fishing that I got tired of fishing. If I were to min/max start again, I’d just use the CJB cheat to instacatch fish.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Grundulum posted:

It bothers me more than it should that the dehydrator requires just over one day to complete its thing, so I can’t check at the same time each day. But checking every other day dramatically slashes how frequently I get dried fruit out of it. Darn it, ConcernedApe, make the duration 1590 minutes, not 1750!

That might be legit good feedback to send to him!

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I really want to start a new playthrough but that would require having to deal with setting up the mod stuff again and somehow deciding between meadow and forest farm.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

You've played forest before so meadow is the easy choice

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been real fun playing co-op with my friend because we both realized that I always prioritized farming upgrades and leveling to make more money and left fishing/combat till I had everything else done and he always did the bare minimum in the farm to support his fishing and cave diving. So we both naturally started doing what the other guy wasn't doing, pretty funny.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Switch update when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Switch update when

Many Switch owners (myself included) are saying this.