Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

treepunk as hell posted:

Typically, standing or crouched. Usually it was aiming upward toward Dropships but once or twice it happened aiming at a distant Hulk that shouldnt have seen me. Usually the second shot fired in short sequence (ie holding the fire button down during the cooldown period to immediately spin back up. Doing the same thing without the shield pack doesnt seem to cause this though)
I don't know if ive ever used the Quacker prone. Seems inopportune.
Only thing i can think of is that its catching on it if the end of the gun sticks outside the hitbox?

I wonder if it's your armor model. Do you run with an armor that is uncommon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Hwurmp posted:

what's the best ship name

I've seen King of Democracy and Fist of Family Values, those are both pretty quality

my own ship was Pride of Pride for a long while but now it's Bringer of Science

I've been Fist of Family Values from the start. Just unhinged. Patriot of Patriots is pretty good too.

Droxis
Dec 24, 2004

"The only thing peace accomplished was stagnation."

Hwurmp posted:

I've seen King of Democracy and Fist of Family Values, those are both pretty quality

Leviathan of Benevolence!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Hwurmp posted:

Dawn of Dawn

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Hwurmp posted:

Founding Father of Freedom

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I run Ombudsman of Integrity, though my friend who hosts for us most often is Dream of the Regime, which is pretty solid.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I went with Sword of Benevolence.

Like we cut down everything with no ill will.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

This will never get used but it would be nice to have a Dismiss with Honors option for when you have to kick someone because a friend signed on. The missions are pretty long and I hate having to screw guys over after we find the super samples and I suddenly get the discord ping.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I run Song of Battle because it sounds Metal.

My buddy is the Princess of Family Values, and I see a lot of Founding Fathers of the Constitution.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I switch frequently my last two were octagon of midnight and stallion of the people

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

my friend has a chihuahua named courage and he named his boat Guardian of Courage

e: my boat is Wings of Mercy cause it sounds badass but also all my homies hate mercy in overwatch

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 31, 2024

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Fist of Family Values because I'm a dumb unoriginal child lol

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
I'm rocking the Fist of Family Values as my flagship

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Hwurmp posted:

All hail the Comptroller of Family Values

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Blade of Dawn
Guardian of Destiny
Lord of Iron

mainly because I'm a longtime D2 enjoyer

DeliciousPatriotism
May 26, 2008
Octagon of Morality cuz it struck me as in universe esoteric fascism

I see a lot of patriots of patriotism and it never gets old

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
Whisper of Truth, for the quiet explosion of Democracy it delivers :smuggo:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Ravenfood posted:

I'm running the Emperor of Equality currently.

My ship name is Colossus of the Constitution but I very much like this one.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

the Wings of Individual Merit

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Triumph of Self-Determination to lean into the super-Democracy schtick.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Light of Serenity - very relaxing environment to contemplate before dropping

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Comptroller Of War

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Workshopped a few different ones before settling on Distributor of Self-Determination.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Lady of Integrity

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

I wanted the worst and least-impressive sounding name possible, and landed on Comptroller of Conviviality.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Purveyor of Benevolence.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Power of Democracy.

Unoriginal I know :colbert:

Bouquet
Jul 14, 2001

Stallion of the People, baby!

How did y’all not immediately try to figure out the dirtiest name you could think of in 60 seconds?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Queen of Midnight because I am a colossal dork.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Patriot of Family Values. Please no swearing, this is a Christian spaceship server.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Mode 7 posted:

Last of the gang tags are finally done. Apologies for it taking so long - delays were entirely on my end due to me having some real life stuff going on that's meant a lot of my forums activity recently has been in drive-by bursts.

If you asked for a gang tag and didn't receive one, it was because your first (and for a number of posters, only) post in this thread was asking for the gang tag.

If you do still want a gang tag and didn't receive one or missed the giveaway however, remember that you can just buy it yourself.

1) Save your current avatar (or select a new one).
2) Visit the store page for purchasing a New Avatar.
3) In the "title image" option, upload your current saved avatar or new one.
4) In the "title text" box, enter the [timg] code for the gangtag on the SA servers.
5) Preview and fix any errors.
6) Go forth and spread Managed Democracy

Img code for the gangtag here:
code:
[img]https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/helldiversgang.png[/timg]

Also thank you, Mode 7, you're doing democracy's work!

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Best I've seen so far are "Pledge of Allegiance" and "Bringer of The People".

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Judge of Judgement 🫡

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I went with Champion of Midnight for my ship. Thinking of changing it up soon though.

Also, hello thread. Loving this game so far, just some of the most fun I've ever had in a third person shooter. The cross-play stuff is really cool, I spent ages yesterday (on PS5) teamed up with a longtime friend who games exclusively on PC. Known them 9 years, only heard their voice for the first time as we blew up bots together in a murder frenzy. Managed democracy bringing people closer together.

Only up to level 17 or so, still unlocking all the things. Haven't found a primary I enjoy more than the Defender SMG so far, every new gun I unlock gets one mission then I'm straight back to old faithful. I always take Stalwart against bugs, and the Autocannon against bots. Hated fighting bots at first, then as soon as I got the AC I played almost exclusively against bots all the way from level 3 to level 6. I tried level 7 but got overwhelmed and swarmed right from the off, so I think I've gone as far as I can until I get some new toys. I am *not* good at hotdropping into enemies, I need time to get my poo poo all sorted.

Realising I now need to go back and see what levels 4-6 are like against bugs as I've not even seen a bile titan yet. Need to work my way up and figure out the best toys to take along. I'm so used to fighting bots for the last 18 hours of gameplay I'm suddenly all lost when it comes to the insects.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mine is Comptroller of Wrath

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Parkingtigers posted:

I went with Champion of Midnight for my ship. Thinking of changing it up soon though.

Also, hello thread. Loving this game so far, just some of the most fun I've ever had in a third person shooter. The cross-play stuff is really cool, I spent ages yesterday (on PS5) teamed up with a longtime friend who games exclusively on PC. Known them 9 years, only heard their voice for the first time as we blew up bots together in a murder frenzy. Managed democracy bringing people closer together.

Only up to level 17 or so, still unlocking all the things. Haven't found a primary I enjoy more than the Defender SMG so far, every new gun I unlock gets one mission then I'm straight back to old faithful. I always take Stalwart against bugs, and the Autocannon against bots. Hated fighting bots at first, then as soon as I got the AC I played almost exclusively against bots all the way from level 3 to level 6. I tried level 7 but got overwhelmed and swarmed right from the off, so I think I've gone as far as I can until I get some new toys. I am *not* good at hotdropping into enemies, I need time to get my poo poo all sorted.

Realising I now need to go back and see what levels 4-6 are like against bugs as I've not even seen a bile titan yet. Need to work my way up and figure out the best toys to take along. I'm so used to fighting bots for the last 18 hours of gameplay I'm suddenly all lost when it comes to the insects.

Join the discord and we'll give you a good time showing you what the nastier bugs are like, people aren't against fighting some bugs even with the major order going on, especially if it's helping a fresher face out.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My ship will always be King of Democracy because I don't think anything else sums up this game's take on democracy quite so well :911:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

GlyphGryph posted:

Welp, after a couple times being kicked at extraction without a word said I think I'm done with this game for a few weeks. Wish I'd ever have anyone join when I was hosting a lobby so I could actually finish a few missions.

Ah well.

Just blacklist such asshats after the round using the Recent Players tab under Social. And as others already said, come on Discord, dive with goons.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Hammerstein posted:

Just blacklist such asshats after the round using the Recent Players tab under Social. And as others already said, come on Discord, dive with goons.

This. People complaining about pubbies then refusing to play with Goons are confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Either play with goons or host your own games if you keep running into stuff like this. I've never had this happen in a public game but it's so weird people seem to run into this frequently.