Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
I would love a horrible puppet probe to be the first mark on my rap sheet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Can I get a 6er with this picture of BIG JOHN

Soon all will be Big John. It's only a matter of time.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

How many stuffed animals did she have on her bed that she was able to hide that monstrosity under them?

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Let's go, my rap sheet is sorely lacking anyway

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Worth it

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

yeah I'll take the hosed up sex muppet in my rap sheet if the offer's still on the table

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

This puppet looks like a step dad.
Probe me so my list is less shameful thank you.

keseph
Oct 21, 2010

beep bawk boop bawk
Show me the real John

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Perfection

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
It's insane and perfect. At least they seem to be working it out?

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
It is called a puppet but it has no visible strings or sticks. So that means it must be the kind of puppet where you stick your hand up its bum all the way up to the head.

GaiaShell
Mar 11, 2002

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

BIG JOHN is the hero this thread deserved

Jumping on the 6er bandwagon for the legend

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I (28/f) tried winning my ex (29/m) back with dinosaur puns

quote:

We broke up about a month ago. He said he just feels like we don't fit together. I don't understand what that means. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. So, after much self-deliberation, I've realized I lost a really good guy. I ruined a really good thing. To clarify, there was no cheating. I was going through an emotional summer with family problems and I was a complete mess. Somewhere along the way, I lost myself. But I'm slowly starting to regain who I am back. I'm back to doing things that I love again.

So, after much Dino pun research, I've collaborated the best Dino puns to try to win my ex back:

"It's been a while since I 'saur you. I'm sorry I was pteroble. I just wanted to tell you that you make my heart saur...& I think you're Dino-mite! I miss it when you Raptor arms around me. I promise not to be a whinosaurus anymore. My friends told me, "Check yo’self before you rex yo’self!" So, You're probably wondering..."Can she do it?"....You bet Jurassican! Jurassic times call for Jurassic measures. Please don't make my heart saur anymore. I still really dig you. So, can we try-ceratops again?"

*Unfortunately, it didn't work. =(

TL;DR Was it not clever? Has anyone ever tried anything to win their ex back and it worked? Or am I fool for trying? I hope this at least makes some people smile.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thread massacred by terror puppet

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
His name is Big John.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cythereal posted:

Deep down I want to believe that the ex BF was charmed by this gesture up until she tried to pull off two Jurassic puns in a row, at which point he realized he just couldn't deal with that level of bullshit

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
For me it would be the "saur" as both "soar" and "sore"

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
diNo is a complete sentence.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Cythereal posted:

Shoulda made a dinosaur puppet and done a Goofy voice.

Crab Battle
Jan 16, 2010

Haha! Yeah!

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Oh, is this what we're doing? Sounds like fun

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Bruceski posted:

With cans I keep them in the kitchen so every time I want more I have to get up and go get it, an interruption to whatever I was doing.

This is surprisingly more effective than you may think.

I took part in research where what was requested of me was to have a bowl of fruit within arms reach when I was working.

By that simple action it cut down on the amount of unhealthy snacks I would have on a daily basis.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That sounds like a great idea! I am getting groceries today so I can participate.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Big John Big Life

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

That puppet is hot

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Tsietisin posted:

This is surprisingly more effective than you may think.

I took part in research where what was requested of me was to have a bowl of fruit within arms reach when I was working.

By that simple action it cut down on the amount of unhealthy snacks I would have on a daily basis.

Yeah, I try to do stuff like that as well. If I have fruit/veggies I eat them, but if I don't have fruit I don't get it when I go find something. Willpower/intentions can only do anything if you find a way to get your brain in between your reflex and the bad habit. Once you find a way to start actively looking at a bad habit (whether it's food or something completely different) it can be astounding how much was going on in that blind spot.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Please, I want Big John to grace my rap sheet.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Invisible Clergy posted:

Me [27F] with my SO[44 M] together 5 years, SO gets serially obsessed and won't stop talking AT me about said obsessions. Help!

Russian monarchy wasn't really interesting to me

YTA but I laughed at Igor the Horrible.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

This turns me on

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

:yeshaha:

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
AITA for hosting my brother a 'Reverse Birthday' party where guests get self-gifts to promote Self-Love?

quote:

My brother's birthday was coming up, and I thought about doing something different this year. We're pretty close, and we've always tried to push each other out of our comfort zones in a good way. He's been on this journey of self-improvement and self-love for the past year, which has been amazing to watch. So, I got this kinda out-there idea for his birthday party.

Instead of the traditional birthday where the birthday person gets all the gifts, I organized what I called a "reverse birthday party." The concept was simple: every guest was encouraged to bring a gift for themselves, something they really wanted butMy brother's birthday was rolling around, and I wanted to do something unique for him. He's been on this self-love journey for a while, and honestly, it's been inspiring to see. So, I came up with what I thought was a genius idea: a "reverse birthday party."

The gist was that instead of bringing gifts for the birthday boy, everyone would bring a gift for themselves—something that screams self-care or a treat they wouldn't usually splurge on. The plan was to celebrate the concept of loving ourselves, thinking it would resonate with my brother's current vibe.

I sent out invites, clearly explaining the quirky theme, assuming it would be a fun, memorable way to mark the occasion. Our friends seemed intrigued and onboard with the idea. I was expecting an evening filled with laughter and positive energy.

The party happens, and at first, it seems like everything's going according to plan. People are getting a kick out of revealing what they got for themselves, sharing stories behind their choices. But as the night goes on, I notice my brother isn't as amused as I thought he'd be.

Turns out, he was really upset by the whole thing. He felt that the party, which was supposed to be celebrating his birthday, had nothing to do with him. He didn't see the connection between the self-love theme and his birthday and thought the whole concept was self-indulgent and missed the point of bringing people together to celebrate someone's special day.

He confronted me about it afterward, saying he felt sidelined at his own birthday party, and the whole "reverse" concept made him feel like an afterthought rather than the center of attention, which is what he was secretly looking forward to.

Now, I'm sitting here wondering if I completely messed up. I thought I was being thoughtful and aligning with his interests, but I ended up making him feel overlooked on what should have been his day.

AITA for trying to introduce a bit of fun and innovation into a birthday celebration?

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Christ on a cracker will somebody explain the rap sheet thing to me, this isn't the first time I've seen a bunch of goons begging to be probed because of...something

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

artsy fartsy posted:

Christ on a cracker will somebody explain the rap sheet thing to me, this isn't the first time I've seen a bunch of goons begging to be probed because of...something

You just get a funny picture on your permanent record.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

artsy fartsy posted:

It's fun to have fun pictures in your rap sheet. All it costs you is 6 hours of not posting which is something any vaguely functional human should be able to handle.

Brimstone Inquiry
Jan 21, 2007

This... puppet probing. So hot right now? How does one engage in such puppetual probitry?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

the holy poopacy posted:

You just get a funny picture on your permanent record.

This, plus if you have any actual forums crimes, mods won't know about em because they're hidden within a sea of weird pictures

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I once got probed for using the word "oval office" but I didn't try to post the entire probe so I had no idea it even happened, then a long time later I looked at my rap sheet and saw that I had this old-rear end probe and the only note was "oval office" and I was like uhhhhhhh drat buddy what'd I ever do to you

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

true crime podcast addicts are a curse, coworker gets locked out of her desk so i pick it with a paperclip, other coworker is trying to catch her adulterous husband so i teach her how to use a burner phone as a surveillance device and suddenly everyone thinks im ted bunderson

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

AceClown posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

artsy fartsy posted:

:owned:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

artsy fartsy posted:

I once got probed for using the word "oval office" but I didn't try to post the entire probe so I had no idea it even happened, then a long time later I looked at my rap sheet and saw that I had this old-rear end probe and the only note was "oval office" and I was like uhhhhhhh drat buddy what'd I ever do to you

king poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

AceClown posted:

you mods, IK, whoever

Big John me