Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Infinity Gaia posted:

I'm not really sure how to progress right now, to be honest. I guess I HAVE to have the full penguin dungeon set to get further in the arena or maybe beat the dragon, currently I get bodied in both options and I have no other real avenues for progress, everything else I can get is maxed.
penguin dungeon set's a game changer in power so yeah, focus that. I can't get the third gold medal in the arena (from skirmish waves) yet and I've beaten not just the dragon but the boss beyond the dragon, so don't bother with that - you can do the two bosses there relatively easily with the penguin set + consumables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Skirmish mode is the end game for the current version, you basically need Infernalus gear to get through it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

WarpedLichen posted:

Skirmish mode is the end game for the current version, you basically need Infernalus gear to get through it.
yeah, confirmed - just cleared it relatively easily with level 7 Infernalus weapon and level 4-10 pirate dungeon gear and the only prizes are a cookie for the turtle and a medal that "confirms you did all the content in 0.3". Infernalus's weapon is really good just because number big and if you can clear that fight with skills you should probably respec to do so because then it makes it farmable much more easily.

edit: I'm the kind of moron who likes to 100% things. what's the best weapon to grind trash mobs with to get boss spawn items to get boss drops? I think it's the fishing trident because it produces a six-hit whirlpool so it can kill like two or three mobs with those six hits. is that correct?

also what's the third-from-right item in Forgotten? I have the Heart of the Cards and the Fossilized Fish past it, and the Thorn Binding to its left

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 31, 2024

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

yeah, confirmed - just cleared it relatively easily with level 7 Infernalus weapon and level 4-10 pirate dungeon gear and the only prizes are a cookie for the turtle and a medal that "confirms you did all the content in 0.3". Infernalus's weapon is really good just because number big and if you can clear that fight with skills you should probably respec to do so because then it makes it farmable much more easily.

edit: I'm the kind of moron who likes to 100% things. what's the best weapon to grind trash mobs with to get boss spawn items to get boss drops? I think it's the fishing trident because it produces a six-hit whirlpool so it can kill like two or three mobs with those six hits. is that correct?

also what's the third-from-right item in Forgotten? I have the Heart of the Cards and the Fossilized Fish past it, and the Thorn Binding to its left

I think the best farming weapon is the pirate weapon, the dot will kill really quicky. I'm missing that item as well, I believe it's the ring from flipping the coin?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Turtle: I stopped gaining experience at level 30. Is that the highest now or do I need to do some more progression unlock further leveling to access the level 31 zone?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Go fishing, grind to get the shiny lure, use the shiny lure and bait to get the weapon dropped from fishing. With the usual stacking of element effects, it does not need to be leveled and beats everything else in the game with little maintenance.

Tainen posted:

Turtle: I stopped gaining experience at level 30. Is that the highest now or do I need to do some more progression unlock further leveling to access the level 31 zone?

One of the quests unlocks a skill/class system wherein you can change to classes with a cap of 40.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 31, 2024

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tainen posted:

30 is the max without classes, but I do not remember exactly what unlocks classes. I think it's either a quest or unlocking the Garrison/crafting an item for it? the classes have separate exp bars but go to 40 each so you can get in there with any of them (and eventually you cap them all)

also I figured it out: the actual breaking strat for farming is to use autohotkey to spam the gambler's innate skill (1 sp for 3 hits), but I'm very lazy so I probably will not be doing that lmao

(and that item is definitely the coin flip ring, but I'm not capped on the pirate items anyway so at least I'll still be grinding that for multiple reasons)

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

DACK FAYDEN posted:

also I figured it out: the actual breaking strat for farming is to use autohotkey to spam the gambler's innate skill (1 sp for 3 hits), but I'm very lazy so I probably will not be doing that lmao

If you're gonna go the AHK route you might as well go all the way :devil:

Open up the JavaScript console or Tampermonkey etc
window.setInterval(function() {document.getElementById("skillSlot0").click();}, 10);

Save and reload to disable

tortugaClick is the id for the turtle

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

does the item of the day not work in super turtle? just unlocked it and can't seem to buy it even after a refresh.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Turtle Idle: Any idea how rare the respec item is? I can't tell since it's Unique, but I'd like to respec out of xp talents.

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

Toshimo posted:

Turtle Idle: Any idea how rare the respec item is? I can't tell since it's Unique, but I'd like to respec out of xp talents.

Relatively rare - I think you can get one out of the daily cat boxes, so far I've only gotten one extra.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tortolia posted:

Ancient tools are a grind and a half, not much you can do besides make perfect maps with +1 minimum, try to boost your doubling, and buckle up. Also keep in mind that there are tool upgrades from the museum at the 50/100/150/etc breakpoints.

After ancient tools come darksteel tools which are a separate kind of hell, but you can actually do an end around those with Leprechaun/Salamander synergy and robbing the Miner; LepMander actually can get you bars from expansions you own, including darksteel.

Darksteel doesn't seem too terrible, I got pretty lucky with doubling/preservation (I'm playing Ancient Relics but cheated and modded those restrictions out, it's my first playthrough and it was a bummer how many effects just got bricked by it) and got 150+ bars from the 25 ore I had laying around -- but thanks for the heads up on the summon thieving, I'll give that a shot for the rest of the ones I need. Almost done with ancient tools now & I got my Relic Shield which seems like it could come in handy in some cases? It's a fuckton of DR% but not sure how that stacks up to the extra HP from my Dragonfire Shield

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I've been playing Paragon Pioneers 2 and having a good time with it, but I wish it had taken a few more tips from Anno in regards to setting up trade routes. It's annoying to set up complex trade routes, just because it involves so much scrolling, making something like "provide X to all islands" a mess. But perhaps more of an issue is that the boats fill whatever there is to have, which makes mixed shipments a problem. If you have a boat moving coal and iron, and the starting destination has more coal, then you end up with a boat full of coal. I wish that it worked like Anno where you had a per-slot lock and it would prefer to leave others empty than backfill with new stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I think those are the same things that sorta turned me off of the first one. It's just kind of a hassle to set up complex trade routes which it sounds like maybe isn't what you should be doing anyway. I was trying to play it too much like Anno and it's just not that so I stopped playing it after a while. I haven't tried the sequel beyond the demo, but it did sorta feel like more of the same in that regard so I didn't get this one.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

So I ended up asking in their discord and you can actually lock items into slots. The feature is named “apply action at cargo hold position” which, shockingly, I did not interpret as "reserve slots for items" because that title doesn't mean anything.

explosivo posted:

Yeah I think those are the same things that sorta turned me off of the first one. It's just kind of a hassle to set up complex trade routes which it sounds like maybe isn't what you should be doing anyway. I was trying to play it too much like Anno and it's just not that so I stopped playing it after a while. I haven't tried the sequel beyond the demo, but it did sorta feel like more of the same in that regard so I didn't get this one.

You really do need to play like Anno with boats running all over the place, and it's not *too* arduous to set up things since most places only need a one way route. It just gets more tricky when you try to make more efficient routes, which is fairly easily solved by just making a million boats.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

Darksteel doesn't seem too terrible, I got pretty lucky with doubling/preservation (I'm playing Ancient Relics but cheated and modded those restrictions out, it's my first playthrough and it was a bummer how many effects just got bricked by it) and got 150+ bars from the 25 ore I had laying around -- but thanks for the heads up on the summon thieving, I'll give that a shot for the rest of the ones I need. Almost done with ancient tools now & I got my Relic Shield which seems like it could come in handy in some cases? It's a fuckton of DR% but not sure how that stacks up to the extra HP from my Dragonfire Shield

I still haven’t made the relic shield but it probably sims out better than DFS in many cases, yeah. You’re looking at 8 or 9% more DR for a relatively modest HP loss. On the other hand, DFS is actually pretty solid in that it doesn’t affect your offense all that much (even for ranged or melee use) whereas you are taking a hefty accuracy penalty to use relic. Both are going to have use cases but getting that much DR on your offhand slot will give you a lot of flexibility with the rest of your build for sure.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm starting to see tangible benefits to changing around my pet team in FAPI, it took me a while to realize that switching to the team that has +29,000% class XP noticeably increases the speed at which I get talent points, heh. I think it's only really noticeable now that I have many levels with these pets by the end of an ascension run. I also saw people on the discord recommending using different gear, notably the gear from 4-9H for the extra Residue bonus that gear gets and that kinda transformed this ascension and opened my eyes to the usefulness of wearing lower level gear that gives unique bonuses, especially for residue. I'm swimming in the stuff after a couple hours wearing the 4-9H set. Before I always just equipped whatever I could get in the highest difficulty with the highest item rating and figured that was good enough. A lot of stuff falling into place this ascension and it feels good to see the various slow burn mechanics finally bearing fruit.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

explosivo posted:

I'm starting to see tangible benefits to changing around my pet team in FAPI, it took me a while to realize that switching to the team that has +29,000% class XP noticeably increases the speed at which I get talent points, heh. I think it's only really noticeable now that I have many levels with these pets by the end of an ascension run. I also saw people on the discord recommending using different gear, notably the gear from 4-9H for the extra Residue bonus that gear gets and that kinda transformed this ascension and opened my eyes to the usefulness of wearing lower level gear that gives unique bonuses, especially for residue. I'm swimming in the stuff after a couple hours wearing the 4-9H set. Before I always just equipped whatever I could get in the highest difficulty with the highest item rating and figured that was good enough. A lot of stuff falling into place this ascension and it feels good to see the various slow burn mechanics finally bearing fruit.

From what I gather, 4-9h gear is the best for a long time
Aside from grinding a higher level reinc set if you can

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The Taxman posted:

From what I gather, 4-9h gear is the best for a long time
Aside from grinding a higher level reinc set if you can

Yeah I noticed right away the difference it made even with a lower item rating. I just assumed higher IR = better for the longest time because there's so many green numbers on the comparison window but that extra residue bonus is huge. I do have a higher IR set with more reinc level that I'm using now as I push to the end of this ascension. I wish there were gear loadouts but if it's just like two sets that I switch between that's not too bad.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

WarpedLichen posted:

Relatively rare - I think you can get one out of the daily cat boxes, so far I've only gotten one extra.

they along with a lot of other rare items can also be found in mystery presents; there is apparently a mechanic where if you've missed several from being afk your spawn chance of both them and jester turtles goes up

was gonna answer the other question about farming but my answer is mostly relevant to endgame (long story short the best farming weapons are the sword from the pirate boss and the sword from the woods boss, in that order; the latter has a theoretically higher maximum kill rate but its rng and the pirate's sword has a higher average kill rate so its more reliable, even after a recent nerf. but it's not a huge difference now)

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

For turtle, they really need to work on the itemization more. It'd not be so bad if there were more classes etc, but the last ring you get being an exp one is loving bullshit considering to get to that point you've already beaten everything else in the game so far.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tornhelm posted:

For turtle, they really need to work on the itemization more. It'd not be so bad if there were more classes etc, but the last ring you get being an exp one is loving bullshit considering to get to that point you've already beaten everything else in the game so far.
yeah lmao I have no idea why the coin flip ring is +exp

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

WarpedLichen posted:

Apparently, if you don't have one, you'll get one from the daily reward.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Cycle

Does anyone know if there are any booster packs for ER besides the basic pack cost and if so how much do they cost? The fact that you can't look at the other packs without having enough glowing runes to buy them annoys the poo poo out of me. I assume there are others just given they have the cycle buttons to move through them.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lilli posted:

Cycle

Does anyone know if there are any booster packs for ER besides the basic pack cost and if so how much do they cost? The fact that you can't look at the other packs without having enough glowing runes to buy them annoys the poo poo out of me. I assume there are others just given they have the cycle buttons to move through them.

I suspect the basic pack is the only one we can buy for now, and the interface is just for future proofing. It's still an EA game afterall

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.
I was aware of Melvor but I didn't know it has two expansions released and a third one on the way. Really having fun with it over the last few days. Main gripe is that OSX app crashed few times for me but there's weirdly no problems on the phone app. Love the cross progression too and being able to play on both devices. Mobile UI sucks compared to desktop but I guess that's to be expected.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Max Peck posted:

That's the third item, I think? This is what I see:

If you haven't found it yet, the missing item is an Epic weapon from fishing called "The Caught" that I had 2 fishing for (trinket & rod) while fishing up the 3k grimjaw anglers you need for the penguin boxes. You can also get a gathering trinket from fishing too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

kaaj posted:

I was aware of Melvor but I didn't know it has two expansions released and a third one on the way. Really having fun with it over the last few days. Main gripe is that OSX app crashed few times for me but there's weirdly no problems on the phone app. Love the cross progression too and being able to play on both devices. Mobile UI sucks compared to desktop but I guess that's to be expected.

Why not use the website if the client is crashing? I find it's more stable than the steam client on windows. Like the phone your progress and expansions should carry over if you have everything linked to your account.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

pixaal posted:

Why not use the website if the client is crashing? I find it's more stable than the steam client on windows. Like the phone your progress and expansions should carry over if you have everything linked to your account.

I'm a sucker for native apps more than anything but I guess I'll need to switch if crashing persists.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Tornhelm posted:

If you haven't found it yet, the missing item is an Epic weapon from fishing called "The Caught" that I had 2 fishing for (trinket & rod) while fishing up the 3k grimjaw anglers you need for the penguin boxes. You can also get a gathering trinket from fishing too.

Where did that Clover ring come from? I've gotten the Golden Clover legendary drop, but I can't find this ring. Last thing and I just can't find it.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Jhet posted:

Where did that Clover ring come from? I've gotten the Golden Clover legendary drop, but I can't find this ring. Last thing and I just can't find it.

flipping coins from the pirate dungeon

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

kaaj posted:

I'm a sucker for native apps more than anything but I guess I'll need to switch if crashing persists.

just an fyi the native versions are nodejs or another js engine with html and CSS for display. it uses some frameworks but it's basically the exact same as they browser version minus any browser specific js behaviour (many browsers by default halt js when not in focus)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Jeeze I didn't realize how powerful stacking -% and -flat action interval got in Melvor. Got mining down to 0.6 seconds and I'm bringing in millions

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Gathering event is on in Ironwood RPG.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Just realized I haven't played Ironwood in weeks. Probably won't touch the game anymore but is there something helpful I can do before I stop playing forever? Like setting my guy to a specific job?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

I've finally completed the town halls in Melvor...at last, I can stop my one man extermination of the world's whale population.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I finished idle loops and now I'm confronted by the crushing emptiness of number not going up.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

junan_paalla posted:

I finished idle loops and now I'm confronted by the crushing emptiness of number not going up.

Latest version or original?

There is also a version with a squirrel if you haven't tried that.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

GrossMurpel posted:

Just realized I haven't played Ironwood in weeks. Probably won't touch the game anymore but is there something helpful I can do before I stop playing forever? Like setting my guy to a specific job?

It idles you after like 24 hours of not logging in, so it doesn't make much difference. Gathering event on now, so if you just set yourself to the highest-tier gathering you can reliably do, that would probably be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baddog
May 12, 2001

GrossMurpel posted:

What kind of armor you got ;)